Celebrity Watch

Couch Tomato

Robin Roberts announced she will be starting chemotherapy tomorrow. She is such a class act and of course she was joking with Dianne Sawyer about her impending hair loss. I admire her for a number of reasons and she never fails to bring grace to everything she does.

I've always liked Robin, but now that she has breast cancer, I admire her even more. She's handled the whole thing in such a classy, open, honest way. I know that there are women out there with breast cancer who are inspried and encouraged by her.

Robin Roberts announced she will be starting chemotherapy tomorrow. She is such a class act and of course she was joking with Dianne Sawyer about her impending hair loss. I admire her for a number of reasons and she never fails to bring grace to everything she does.

Oh I didn;t know about this...so sorry about that. I really like her...

hope she successfully fights this.

Dan Rather sues CBS for 70 million.

The veteran newsman sued CBS and its former parent company Viacom for $70 million Tuesday, alleging that the network used him as a scapegoat "to pacify the White House" during the 2004 reporting fiasco involving President Bush's military record that eventually led to Rather's premature resignation as anchor of the CBS Evening News the following year.

Interesting - There is 3 hours of news on OJ on CNN - and there were the 7 soldiers who wrote a NYT editorial about the media portraying the news from Iraq not like it really is, it is much, much worse. A few weeks later and 2 are dead. 2 on a rollover car accident not involing and fire or bombs, just an SUV that rolled.

No coverage anywhere - Ted Turner, why did you sell your network?

Sergeant Omar Mora and Staff Sergeant Yance Gray, whose “The War as We Saw It,” written with five other soldiers and published last month in the New York Times, were among nine killed when their truck veered off an elevated highway and fell about 30 feet.
Edited by playbiller

My painting friend and I were talking about this OJ thing today and Couche, you might have touched on this yesterday, it seems to me that the OJ case was the beginning of the tabloidization of the main stream news. The 24 hour news networks covered it non stop and we, the American public, ate it up. Tonight I was sitting in front of the TV reading a book (haven't done that in a long time), but the news stations and the entertainment shows were full of talking heads commenting on this case. A now blonde Marcia Clark is a correspondent on ET for cryin' out loud. Geez

Hey, atinal, what's wrong with blondes???? Sheessshhh. Some of us are smart, pretty and nice.

:cryingwlaughter:

Gibby, I don't have any problem with blondes, I are one, :eusa_whistle: I barely recognized her, it just seems to add to the craziness, that one of the former prosecutors in the first case is serving as a correspondent for an entertainment show.

Atinal..I know ...when I heard that I was like..what the hell is wrong with this picture. Entertainment Tonight? What next Kato Kalin on the Insider?

I have to admin it's such a train wreck that I am interested..but not 24/7. One little news update is enough. Move on.

Interesting - There is 3 hours of news on OJ on CNN - and there were the 7 soldiers who wrote a NYT editorial about the media portraying the news from Iraq not like it really is, it is much, much worse. A few weeks later and 2 are dead. 2 on a rollover car accident not involing and fire or bombs, just an SUV that rolled.

No coverage anywhere - Ted Turner, why did you sell your network?

Sergeant Omar Mora and Staff Sergeant Yance Gray, whose “The War as We Saw It,” written with five other soldiers and published last month in the New York Times, were among nine killed when their truck veered off an elevated highway and fell about 30 feet.

I'm really not interested in OJ or Britney or Paris. Or Anna Nicole. Or Clay in that media environment. God bless him for shunning it. I'm not happy that CNN and TMZ.com are hooked up, and that tabloid-style reporting seems to happen more and more in the mainstream media. I used to watch CNN all day long, and now I seldom watch it. I don't go to the movies. I read and do Clay.

I saw Ted Turner talking about what had happened to CNN, in an interview on CNN, a few years ago. If you'd told me a decade ago that Ted Turner was going to end up being the model for sophisticated television journalism, I wouldn't have believed that either. Someone please tell me the pendulum will swing the other way soon.

Actually, Marcia Clark has been a "legal correspondent" for Entertainment Tonight for many years -- I think they hired her almost as soon as the first OJ trial was done.

I used to LOVE to watch ET. It was "required" viewing in my household for many years -- it gave me a great idea of what was coming up on TV, in music, and at the movies. I started to lose interest, simply because of time, about the time I met my husband (about 10 years ago). About a week and a half ago, I tuned in. Paris Hilton. Britney. OJ. They supposedly had a little piece on Paul McCartney and his new music video sometime during the show (which I would have liked to have seen), but I just could not stomach all the rest of the stuff they were covering. I had to turn it off.

couchie, once Ted Koppel left, I think Nightline turned pretty tabloidy too.

going to end up being the model for sophisticated television journalism, I wouldn't have believed that either. Someone please tell me the pendulum will swing the other way soon.

There was a theory after 9-11 that, that is what would hapen. The pendulum would start to swing the other way and the public/consumer would start to want to think about serious stuff again. But instead the exact opposite seems to have happened. :shrug:

---

eta...hey there's my little shruggy guy. Thanks couchie!

Edited by jamar1700

Kid nation, Ramsey's nightmare and top chef

Play, I tuned in to Ramsey's kitchen for a few minutes while waiting to fall asleep during Top Chef. The guy who co-owned the family restaurant had to be an actor. Do you think he was really that smarmy and where the hell was the rest of the family while the kitchen was rotting out from under them? Hard to believe one guy had that much power. New thread you say?

:eusa_whistle:

Hey, atinal, what's wrong with blondes???? Sheessshhh. Some of us are smart, pretty and nice.

:cryingwlaughter:

But are you a real blonde or a bottle blond? Come on Gibby, you can tell us, we won't tell anyone! :cryingwlaughter:

Atinal..I know ...when I heard that I was like..what the hell is wrong with this picture. Entertainment Tonight? What next Kato Kalin on the Insider?

Or PH with his own show on E! I just know that asshole is sleeping with someone or someones who are on the high because he just just defies description.

Hey, ldyj, I didn't know Marcia Clark had been a legal correspondent for ET for a long time, guess you can tell I hardly ever watch it unless someone posts that Clay is going to be on.

toots said:

Or PH with his own show on E! I just know that asshole is sleeping with someone or someones who are on the high because he just just defies description.

You know, this and Kathy Griffith or whatever the hell her name is, winning an Emmy, really makes me nauseus. Even 5 years ago, if someone had told me that pieces of shit (excuse my french) like those would have their own shows on TV and gain acceptance for them, I would have thought they were crazy.

Edited by atinal