Something to pass the time while we're waiting for Couchie - via CV -

from GreenEyedRobin at CB:

Some other highlights from today's taping that I can remember:

Clay did VERY WELL on the show as we know -- Jeff Foxworthy even mentioned that no other contestant has gotten as far as Clay did. He answered 9 of the 11 questions, and would have gotten the 10th one correct, but didn't want to risk losing the money he'd won so far, since he wasn't 100% sure of the answer.

As you also know, Clay's 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Armstrong was at the show, Clay said he hadn't seen her since he was in a shoe store in the when he was in 8th grade (something like that).

They showed a couple of pictures of him when he was a kid (one's we've seen, of course) and he was all "take it down! take it down!", embarrassed. He's so cute.

He made many adorable faces when he was "thinking" about his answers and the banter between him and Jeff Foxworthy was also great.

He was still wearing the new ring.

Made mention that the same studio was used for American Idol tapings, and that he's had "some luck" in that same soundstage. Foxworthy asked what was the hardest thing about being cut on Idol and he said "the last time" was the hardest! Foxworthy mentioned "there is no 'second place' on this show, so you don't need to worry about it". Said he loved watching Clay and Ruben together because they always looked like the number "10" when they stood next to each other.

Overall, it was a very entertaining show, and Clay seemed very relaxed, comfortable and happy to be there.

ETA: Another spoiler from raquelsg at CV:

I'm back from the taping and haven't had time to read the thread....so not sure what you guys heard and what you might want to ask. But ask away....

It was great - and Clay was funny and smart, and it was obvious. Yes, I admit the hair was the first thing I noticed when he bounded in. The rest of the hair looked great, but the bangs really needed "something" or less of something....just looked kinda like they had a lot of product on them and they were separated in clumps on his forehead. Not at all like we've seen on tour, so that had me a bit puzzled, but who cares, he did great for his foundation.

I just felt bad that he really did know the answer to the final question (before the $1million question) but just wasn't confident enough in his answer to risk losing from $300,000 down to $25,000, and I don't blame him. It sure didn't sound like a 5th grade question to me! In fact they asked his teacher and she didn't know the answer either! ha ha But YAY for $300,000!!!!

Edited by Gibby

Am I wrong here? I thought the writing of the federalist papers was discussed in the musical 1776. Didn't Clay appear in this musical?

So foxworthy steals from Kimmel?

Edited by playbiller
Hee....she is typing a quick recap...

she also liked the hair...

Tell her to type faster!!!!

Some of us here on the east coast have to get to bed so they can get up early and go to work!!!

Type, couchie, type!!!!!

:RedGuy::RedGuy::RedGuy::RedGuy:

Whatch' mean, Play? Kimmel said spagetti and meatball. Course 10 is the same visual, but ... ok, maybe stealing a bit. LOL

I'll bet you don't know what OFTLOCAGC is either then. Heh.

Am I wrong here? I thought the writing of the federalist papers was discussed in the musical 1776. Didn't Clay appear in this musical?

I've never seen the musical 1776, but the Federalist Papers were written about ten years later, weren't they?

I love that Clay knows so much about history and politics and apparently everything else except 8 times 8!

Am I the only one who is never nervous for Clay???

Of course not. :RedGuy::lol:

Though I will admit, during the show, at about the 50K mark, I got a wee bit nervous...

I don't even know what the Federalist papers are? - :RedGuy: . Anyone, Bueller??

I'm busting my buttons, I'm so proud of Clay. :clap:

Everything you have ever wanted to know about The Federalist Papers but were afraid to ask!

Thank you, I read paper No. 1 and am ready for bed now. I do plan on reading more tomorrow - am curious as to what their stance was.

I'm sorry guys..I've been trying to write this for an hour. Phone keeps ringing.

I am the schmoopiest schmoomp that ever schmooped. What's this about hair? Clay looked freakin' great. He was adorable, funny as hell, charming, a bit snarky, and smart. His hair was insignificant IMO. He shone and I pray that they edit his segment well. This was the best Clay day outside of an entire concert that I've ever had. Jamar will get this but this felt like a playoff game. The further Clay got, the more my heart felt like it was going to fly out of my chest. I just wanted him to do well enough. Well I never watched the show so I didn't exactly what well enough was. First lord jesus let him get to 25K so he doesn't embarass himself and go home with nothing. Then it was oooh 100K, that looks good. And every time he was right I just screamed and waived my I HEART Clay sign that they gave me. heee.

I have never had a clay sign before. IT WAS FUN! I think I will get me some deelie bobs and make up signs for all my future Clay concerts. I will wear my clay shirts, and wear my Clay earrings and I will have a freaking ball. Ok I digress..quite a bit. But I'm serious about the sign hee. I was waving that thing every time he got something right. And believe me I didn't know all the answers. My brain forgot that stuff 20 years ago.

My impression of Clay is that he was pretty loose when he started. But the more money on the line, the more intense it all became. He was was working that jaw with that nervous tick he has when he was working that last question but who can blame him. So much money on the line. Bottom line? He made right decision. 30 camps? 2 1/2 camps. It came down to TBAF and he is well on his way to realizing his dream for the foundation.

OK..soooooooooooo favorite things

Evidently they had cleared the studio of anything nutty because of Clay's allergies. And so when Clay answered one of the questions saying he liked to put peanut butter on his apples...I guess Foxworthy was perplexed. He said that wait a minute..thought he was allergic to peanuts..they had cleaned out the studio, taken away his snicker bars... heee. Clay said with a quick comeback..something like... I'm allergic to TREE nuts. Peanuts grow on the ground. You're from Georgia, you should know that. It's the peanut capital of the world.

Another favorite moment was the questions about who wrote "A Christmas Carol." Now I knew he knew that one. Didn't he just mention Dickens in a meet and greet report. Only one kid had Dickens and even the one that was supposed to be helping him said Mark Twain. So, when it came time to depend on this same kid for that last question I think Clay was like uh heck no. But what was so funny,,, is he actually said..BUT HE SAID MARK TWAIN.... the way he said it was so funny.

As you know his fifth grade teacher was in the house. I loved when he told her...you don't have to lie..I was a handful. Not direct quotes..but you get the idea. Also when it was over he asked her if she taught them that..and she was like..I didn't know it. And he was like whew..I knew I didn't forget it. It was cute. He was just adorable.

I was sitting next to the family of one of the kids, Nathan...and they really enjoyed Clay and laughed quite a bit. And at one point Foxworthy was like..whose show is this. heee. Clay has that way of taking over.

My mind is in a Clay fog right now but wanted to get something out there. I'll post more as I think of it and ask me anything since I guess there are NO secrets lol.

Oh one more thing -- I think it was yesterday that Canuck mentioned that I should say hi to her two friend lovethatguy and Gareen (hope I'm spelling those right) from Clayversity. Well I read it but kinda skipped over it cuz I was like..who are they heee. Well I spent my entire day with them. Lovethatguy had PMed me fat Clayversity -- and believe me it was an actual miracle that logged on over there because it's very rare - and late last night I got her PM>.she was saying she heard I was catching a cab from the airport and she would pick me up. This morning we made the connection and we had the most terrific time together. I really enjoyed meeting them and that was just kismit!

Ask me questions if you have them...

I thought Clay was great with the kids.

Ok, I give up.

I must get to bed.

If I can get myself moving in the morning maybe I'll have time to check-in before work.

Otherwise I have to wait alllllllllll day!

Couchie, you're killing me! :RedGuy:

ETA:: And like magic, couchie posted!!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by Claygasm

Couchie - I am shallow! You KNOW that! Were the bangs all stiff and styled with snot???

Pants. How were the pants????

Was his shirt tucked in???

Was Waldo in evidence???

Did you see his socks????

Couchie, what was the reaction to the NJU to Clay?

I read that the two producers, Mark Burnett and another one, enthusiastically greeted Clay afterwards. Did you see this and could you overhear anything?

I guess Clay is the very first celebrity that has ever been taped for this show? I've never watched the show because I don't like Foxworthy.

Couchie - I am shallow! You KNOW that! Were the bangs all stiff and styled with snot???

Was Waldo in evidence???

]

BWAH!

hair - you know I don't care about hair..it looked great...it was white boy brown hair with bangs heh

Shirt - was it tucked in? Nobody in Claynation gave that report? It was pink..about all I know

Waldo? Couldn't see Waldo..he had on jeans...ok think shirt and jacket were loose nad covering waldo..don't quote me on that

Socks..nope..didn't see them..

I saw his long as shoes though heee

Couchie, what was the reaction to the NJU to Clay?

I read that the two producers, Mark Burnett and another one, enthusiastically greeted Clay afterwards. Did you see this and could you overhear anything?

I guess Clay is the very first celebrity that has ever been taped for this show? I've never watched the show because I don't like Foxworthy.

Nope I couldn't hear anything but yes Clay was greeted by two suit types. I wouldn't know Mark Burnett if he bit me on the butt. So will have to take other's word that that's who it was.

From what I understand some other celebrities taped before Clay....there may be a total of 5 all together. or maybe 6. The final 3 were taped today. So this is actually the second day of celebrity taping.

oh the NJU reaction... ok personally I think 70% of the audience was Clay fans. Don't know what everyone else is saying. He got a great reaction from everybody in the place. The energy level was very high. There was lots of laughter. And really everybody around me..and I was by lots of NJU was enjoying themselves.

Ok...did I mention that Kelly is dumber than a box of rocks. Jesus. You know..I didn't watch her season of idol so this was my first dose. At first she was cute. I was even eeeing and screaming her name and rooting for the new CLellie. But then she kept going and going and going and I can only say that her segment was excruciating. She was funny. She was quick with a comeback some of the time. I really think they can edit this to make her look really good. But to sit there for over an hour made me so tired that we didn't come back for Regis. heee. She looked hot though.

Was Waldo in evidence???

]

BWAH!

hair - you know I don't care about hair..it looked great...it was white boy brown hair with bangs heh

Shirt - was it tucked in? Nobody in Claynation gave that report? It was pink..about all I know

Waldo? Couldn't see Waldo..he had on jeans...ok think shirt and jacket were loose nad covering waldo..don't quote me on that

Socks..nope..didn't see them..

I saw his long as shoes though heee

You really need to get your priorities straight, woman! Hair, pants, Waldo, shirt, socks - everything else comes later!

Of course, those long shoes do have something to do with Waldo......... B)

Thanks for the report! Can't wait to read more as you remember things! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Now I can go to bed happy!