Spoiler Threads

Ansamcw

Couchie EEEEEEEE!!! I came back in time for your recap!!! I just got through PMing with lovethatguy and she told me how much fun all of you had!!! Aren't they the greatest??? They are my travelling roomies for the Chicago three-fer in November!!

It sounds like it was so much fun - Gad! I wish I'd been there - first I want to move to NY for all the concerts and then I want to move to LA for all the TV stuff! I'm a green-jealous Canuck tucked away in the frozen north! Crap!

Gosh - life in Clayland is fun!

Poor Kellie -so the dumb act ain't so dumb, huh?? :cryingwlaughter:

OK I also think that the folks who worked there were really impressed with the audience for Clay. Nobody had to prompt us to scream and stand and shout. We just did it cuz well..that's what we do. That really wanted us to keep the energy level high for Kellie and I thought we were doing a great job of that but they came around several times to remind us to be more responsive.

I think Foxworthy had a good time with Clay. I think he was also impressed by the audience. They kept telling us how great we were.

I sat by some tween types and they enjoyed Clay. I was sitting in the section with mostly tweenies and we all had signs and they waved the hell out of those signs so it's all good. And the kids were great with Clay too. He sang..well not really half sang...the frifth grader theme song with her. She was good and he was impressed.

Oh and even the warm up was fun. They had people dancing to songs and split us up and made contests out of things. Featured songs that people danced to ...SEXYBACK AND YEAH Bwah. We could all sing along. Also..when I got off the plane in the aiport ON THE WINGS OF LOVE was wafting through the sound system. Got my day off right. It wasn't Clay's version but still made me happy.

He mentioned that he wasn't nervous. He said they taped Idol in that studio. If they book these two together they may use Idol to sell it..but really they really spent a lot of time talking Idol with Kellie..but less on that with Clay..more about charitable things. Although Foxworthy did say that when Clay and ruben stood next to each other they looked like the number 10. I have heard that before but still funny.

Couchie EEEEEEEE!!! I came back in time for your recap!!! I just got through PMing with lovethatguy and she told me how much fun all of you had!!! Aren't they the greatest??? They are my travelling roomies for the Chicago three-fer in November!!

It sounds like it was so much fun - Gad! I wish I'd been there - first I want to move to NY for all the concerts and then I want to move to LA for all the TV stuff! I'm a green-jealous Canuck tucked away in the frozen north! Crap!

Gosh - life in Clayland is fun!

Poor Kellie -so the dumb act ain't so dumb, huh?? :cryingwlaughter:

Yes..I really enjoyed spending the day with them.Clay fans are so generous. She didn't know me from Adam but to reach me like that and offer that ride. It was life saving. She probably saved me $100 bucks today and I so appreciate it. We also had lunch together and chatted...tell them I'm sorry if I talked off their ear. I tend to do that sometimes but only when I'm really really comfortable with people. Also want to point out that I saw so many friends from CH and also from my northern California Clay fan family. One of my favorite moments was after it was all over and I looked over and saw Permaswooned across the room .*she was the first person from this fandom that I ever met) .and I kinda did a hand over heart which meant..I LOVE HIM...and she did it back..and we both just laughed. Who needs words. Our guy is fabulous.

Now, I have no idea how this will project on TV. All I can say is that I enjoyed it immensely. Ya'll may tear up the hair later but you know... all I saw was cute. heh.

On the capital of Italy question... Clay was very funny..one of his choices was Naples..and he said I didn't know Naples was in Italy I thought it was in Florida. heee.

Clay didn't really use the kids much and left two cheats on the board. And he said something which I can't quite remember which made me think he was going to sink or swim on his own.

Although Foxworthy did say that when Clay and ruben stood next to each other they looked like the number 10. I have heard that before but still funny.

:lmaosmiley-1: I've not heard that before... Too frickin' funny.

Glad you had fun, glad you got home tonight....and thanks for calling me!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Fun day -- even for us stay-at-homers!

Congratulations, Clay!!

From BAF:

Current Pledge Total: $84,051.97

Actual Donation Total: $3,845.50

Last Updated: August 28, 10 pm

Betcha they crack $100k :clap:

Not a bad day! :lilredani:

Thank you, Couchie!!! :RedGuy:

I loved your recap and can't wait for the show. Glad he did so well. And, no hand over anyone's mouth... :cryingwlaughter: Sounds awesome.

Shmoopie, myself! So proud of that man and of us, his fans, for being smart enough to SEE him and to SEE each other! Schmoopie!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Hope the show pays the taxes so Clay can get his 30 camps!!! Maybe cause it's charity, they don't have to pay any!!! Hope, hope hope!!! Any tax attorneys in the house?

Edited by liney23

You're so right Couchie Words are not needed! I met Permaswooned a few times in California and she is soooooooo nice! Loved her!

And don't worry about talking ltg and gareem's ears off - they didn't have ears left after spending time with me! :cryingwlaughter:

I just can't wait to see this show!!! Now I can' watch without any worries which is the way I like it! Spoil me!! I love being spoiled! :)

I've never seen him when his hair has bothered me - I've got two boys - their's never bothered me either - mine, OTOH - drives me bonkers!

eta; Wasn't it Jimmy Kimmell who once said that Clay and Ruben standing together, looked like the number ten??? I know I've heard it before because I've repeated it - it's too funny and it's so true! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by canuck2010

ETA: Hope the show pays the taxes so Clay can get his 30 camps!!! Maybe cause it's charity, they don't have to pay any!!! Hope, hope hope!!! Any tax attorneys in the house

Not a Tax Attorney but, since TBAF is a Tax Exempt Charitable Organization I don't think there will be any taxes.

Edited by Desertflower

How could I forget THE MATH QUESTION. Heee..that boy has a math phobia. I think it was 3rd grade math and even when kids said it was what they do best he wouldn't go near it. I think he wanted to ensure at least 25K for the foundation. And then he got the easiest math question in the history of math and he turned it into a marathon. SO funny..it was a word problem that basically boiled down to 8X8=64.

The first thing out of his mouth was I'm not going to lie I almost said 60. Then he counted those 8s in his head 3 times before he would hit that buzzer. Hysterical. He completely psyched himself out. But as soon as I saw the question..I went..even CLAY will get this one.

Waves to Artquest..saw her at the taping. She invited me to lunch with the gang but by that time I had decided to try to get a flight out early and go home.

BWAH..am I seeing things or did woolovereyes change her name to woo lover eyes. BWAH

BWAH..am I seeing things or did woolovereyes change her name to woo lover eyes. BWAH

Yep, you guys talked me into it. Claygasm found this awesome avi for me. An extra specul name just for FCA!!

Edited by woo lovereyes

Aww, thanks for the recap, Couchie!

Was Regis there already? Were there any sightings of him slipping Clay his Relly(s) backstage?

bwah....

Nope..after Kellie and Clay -- there was a break..they emptied the studio and Reege would be after "lunch."

Oh did I mention Mary was with him today.

Also..for Jamar...Clay got the one questions right about the oriole being what state bird, because he knew of a baseball team - Baltimore Orioles which he then deduced to be the state of Maryland. Shocked the hell out of me. heee. Oh and then they showed a picture of Clay in a cute little baseball uniform. And they each made fun of his ears. I can't remember the jokes but maybe it will be someone else's recap. I don't know how people remember all the little details.

eeeeeee waves to gareem! I see you down there. Thanks for the great day!

Couchie, thank you for the best recap(s) ever! I have the biggest smile on my face. Thank you!

Can't wait to see that cute guy myself in November.

ETA...Was wondering, did they bring up that he is a teacher himself? Don't know why that popped into my head except that I'm heading out to school right now to meet my new students.

...and yeah, what Ansamcw said...you could feel the love and joy in your story... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by laughn

Couchie...love YA!!!

your recap, report and answers were worth the wait cos I can feel the joy and love coming out.

I am so glad you were able to go and a big THANK YOU to your generous friends that made it happen for you.

So did anybody have a camera???

Thanks for the great recap, Couchie! :RedGuy: I love all the details.

The feeling of a playoff game really painted the picture for me (another baseball fan here). I know that tension. He did great, didn't he?

I'm with you, canuck - spoil me silly. Now I can watch stress free and enjoy it so much more. I can't wait! Sounds like he was totally adorable, as usual.

Edited by duckyvee

Hee.

:lilredani: <3 Clay!

Great recaps! I can.not.wait to see this show. November's going to be a great month, with 5th Grader (hopefully early) and my very first Clay Christmas concert at the end.

oh and don't forget...the taping of the Christmas skating show...which Couchie will attend...YAY.

Thanks couchie for the great recap. Since I never spend more than 5 minutes on my hair, I don't really care about anyone else's. I think he would even look great if he didn't have any.

Did I tell you the thirty something instructor's at the gym I go to think that Daughtry is the sexiest thing ever? But when he was at a club in town they were too embarrassed to go. I think they thought they were too old! Ha!

_snip_

ETA: Hope the show pays the taxes so Clay can get his 30 camps!!! Maybe cause it's charity, they don't have to pay any!!! Hope, hope hope!!! Any tax attorneys in the house?

In my previous life as a CPA, I was known to do a tax return or two. I think it depends upon whether the check was written to Clay or the BAF. I am thinking it waould have been written directly to the BAF since Clay cannot contribute more than a certain amount to his foundation anyway.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Perfect recap, Couchie! Thank you for a perfect start to my day. The way you describe everything made me almost feel like I was there - I could practically hear his voice and see his adorable face - makes me all schmoopie!

Was Jerome or any of the rest of TC with him, besides Mary? This might be far-fetched, but I'm hoping that when he does well on stuff like this, and important people (the suits) see him, maybe it takes him one step closer to getting that TV stint that he wants some day.

:RedGuy:

Ya done good! Thanks!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: OMG thank you couchie for the recap. I am so happy you got to experience that. I knew he would do well. Smart to stop, if you are not 100% sure of the answer. His take for the day was nothing to sneeze at. Most people don't get that far on the show. Hee He is funny because there is a Naples, Florida. It is on the Gulf side. Sounds like the relationship with Jeff was good and we will have lots of snarky, funny, smart, Clay. How could we ask for more?

Too bad Kellie didn't do as well as I tried to give her credit for. Hee I guess I just feel bad when some fans want others to fail just so they don't make Clay look bad. I am still glad she won money for her charity. Did she have hard or easy questions?

Glad you met and made some new friends.

Couchie, thanks for such a good recap.

Well shit another edit. Just can't get the hang of this bolding thing!

Edited by Toots

Awww, couchie, thanks for your recaps. It sounds like you had a blast! And I am one who doesn't worry any more about Clay, I am past all that. I know he'll do great, and he did. I also don't worry about hair. It is what it is. I usually like it, regardless. I guess I am just easy that way.

Can't wait for November! So much to look forward to. :RedGuy:

Another "non-worrier" about Clay checking in. I think maybe, MAYBE, if I had been around on the boards during AI, I would have been worried about him during that time frame. Now? Nah. He's got a fantastic career going for him. He's smart. He's funny. He sings really, really well. What more can I ask for? He'll be around for a while.

And as I said yesterday, if he hadn't gone as far as he did -- he would make light of it somehow during his next concert tour. I love his self-deprecating humor.

Thanks for the fantastic recap couchie. I'm glad that boyfriend performed.

Anybody want that?

:lilredani:

Seriously....it sounds like you had a blast -- seeing Clay AND making new friends is always a good thing. Great recall on the details too. OK, so most of the details, I can't wait to see what the hair looks like, even if I'm totally easy and like him even with the fauxhawk. *high fives jmh*