Wichita, KS -- Nov. 26, 2007

ldyjocelyn

I do think there is a happy medium between laugh out loud hilarious stories and depressing someone died kinda stories. I think this will be more hopeful and about family and simply the spirit of Christmas.

Scarlett...there were 2 medleys in the first half...the first one was wonderful...such unconventional arrangemetn of classics like O Little Town of Bethlehem.

there was a fun medley with most wonderful time of the year

there was a new song that I totally didn;t know but very beautiful...

then there is a lovely medley of IBHFC, CS, HYAMLC

then the usual suspects...MCWL, OHN, HTHAS,/OCAYF, MGUCL DSIAFCD, AIW.

there were two solos from the girls.

I really love the banters and funny Clay. But I totally understand why this is different. its been 2 tours straight where he had song...tlak to audience...laugh etc. Its boring for him I bet. He wanted something different this year. I respect that and I will adjust my expectations accordingly...

Its all about the music for me this year.

I can see the only place where he can losen up is before DSIAFCD...I don;t expect any change in format at all...

I am appalled at the disrespect towards Clay that I've heard and read tonight, elsewhere. I will be staying away from most other boards this week. I want to celebrate Clay! There is so much to celebrate. I realize that everything he does will not be everyone's favourite, but let the man stretch and grow and expand his boundaries. Let him try out new things, let him experiment. Some fans are the worst ones for putting Clay in a box, IMO.

I feel this way alot when I see how some people post about him - whether it's his hair, his clothes, his weight, his song choices, etc., etc., ad nauseum... it's kind of sad actually. I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't get all the angst, all the time... can't really think of anything he's worn, or how his hair is done, or even when he's somewhat stuck his foot in his mouth that makes me up.set. Nope, being a fan of Clay brings me joy and surprises galore and that's the way I like it... if my glasses sound rose colored, keep bringin' on that tint!

I'm looking forward to this show - he sounded wonderful - and I don't mind the stories... I cry at sad commercials though so I guess I'd better pack some tissue...

Here ya go Scarlett

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

The Set List (borrowed from dskfriend at CV)

1. Medley: Emanuel, Away in the Manger, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Silent Night

2. MDYK

banter/intro to stories

3. MCWL

story #1

4. Medley: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Sleigh Ride, Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland

5. Christmas Waltz

story #2

6. Who Would Imagine a King (Angela)

7. Welcome to Our World

intermission

8. OHN

9. HTHAS/OCAYF

story #3

10. Medley: I'll Be Home for Christmas, The Christmas Song, HYAMLC

story #4

11. Where Are You Christmas (Quiana)

12. "My Grown Up Christmas List"

banter

13. DSIAFCD

14. "All Is Well"

I love the way Clay always keeps things fresh and new. He never bores me because he is always changing and trying out new things. I don't see the stories as inserting "sadness" at all, I am sure each one of them has hope to it. I think this show is going to be something amazing live. I am going to try not to watch too much clack between now and Friday, but I don't know that I will be able to resist it all. I just don't have the willpower! Must.See.OHN. And have it on my iPod. Hee.

I am appalled at the disrespect towards Clay that I've heard and read tonight, elsewhere. I will be staying away from most other boards this week. I want to celebrate Clay! There is so much to celebrate. I realize that everything he does will not be everyone's favourite, but let the man stretch and grow and expand his boundaries. Let him try out new things, let him experiment. Some fans are the worst ones for putting Clay in a box, IMO.

luckiest, I agree with you. I would be willing to bet that many of those whining and complaining are the usual suspects. I didn't wander too far, but I read several comments about being bored on one of the boards. I'm sure this show is much different in person than trying to follow along on a cell stream.

I believe that Clay has made an effort with this Christmas show to reach out in a more personal way to as many of his fans as possible. The meet and greet formula from the summer tour continues, he's read thousands of fan's memories and he is including some of them in each show. To me, it is disrespectful to both Clay and the fans whose stories were chosen to be so critical at this first glimpse of this tour. JMO

My show is tomorrow night, and I can't wait!!!! EEEEE!!!

Ok after looking around for a few minutes i think some people made their family go see Clay Aiken cuz he's funny and cool but now he only sings.

now I'm really going to work.

And again -- I understand the need to have Clay's personality be more front and center - this will really be so similar to the JNT05 complaints - But I hope that the fact the voice was so beautiful doesn't get lost in the shuffle ..now really going to work so I can pay for my own shows.

I love the way Clay always keeps things fresh and new. He never bores me because he is always changing and trying out new I am appalled at the disrespect towards Clay that I've heard and read tonight, elsewhere. I will be staying away from most other boards this week. I want to celebrate Clay! There is so much to celebrate. I realize that everything he does will not be everyone's favourite, but let the man stretch and grow and expand his boundaries. Let him try out new things, let him experiment. Some fans are the worst ones for putting Clay in a box, IMO.

It may surprise you, but I actually agree with you. I will never hesitate to express my opinion about something Clay does, and I see nothing wrong with not loving everything he does. You don't have to always love everything he does to be a fan. You can say you didn't like something and not be disrespectful of Clay. But, I will always support and applaud his efforts to try new things and spread his creative wings. Despite really not liking the vignettes, at the time I said often how much I loved that he was being creative. Some ideas will work, and some not so much, but the only way he fails is if he stops trying, stops creating.

Scarlett...heee preparing for something are we LOL.

I sure hope so!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm happy with more singing Clay. How many times can he call out someone using binoculars and cell phones??? LOL

I have been reading at OFC and actually the majority IMO are more supportive than I have seen in the past.

I think only those who were there and were in the mood of the evening can really tell whether the stories were right/wrong. Clay will tweak what he feels doesn't work and that will be interesting to watch. He has grown sooo much as a performer and entertainer these last two concerts. He's a brave man! LOL

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just talked to Gibby, Jamar and Bookwhore. They loved they loved the show and had a great time. They are out in the busline now.

Bookwhore said his eyes were so sparkly and green and twinkly. She said Jamar swore in church heee.

Gibby loved the arrangements and the new songs.

They all said the girls looked absolutely beautiful.

It was Gibby by the CH cellcerter claiming FCA yay. She has audio of the second half..she wass too caught up in the first half... but made herself get second half

Bookwhore went to the car and put on longjohns for the Clay wait.

I think classy show was also used.

Anyway, sounds like the FCA girls had a good time. I was so surprised and happy to hear from them all.

ETA: OK I forget which one..heee but they said that Angela and QUiana had on more than their sunday go to meetin' dress...they were going to the prom.

I'm horrible..I forgot to ask them about the stories heee.

Oh he was on stage the whole time.. he needed his water.. a few rough spots but sounded great (I volunteer to be his water girl)

Oh and did I Mention that he looked great. hee.

That made my night hearing from them.

YAY for FCA girls...

can;t wait for their recap.

I think the other thing that I loved was the orchestration. Jesse is really talented. I am so happy he and Clay are working together,

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for audio clack!!!!

merrieeee....

Well I for one am still so excited to HEAR him sing again!! Who's with me?????

I'm with you... especially when I finally get to hear him... LOL

Glad he brought his water bottle. I have often wished he would use it more, but he must think it distracts or something. It lubricates the throat, Clay! LOL

Now that he has the first concert under his belt, it will be interesting to see what changes he makes over the next four concerts.

WHile I was walking the dog I remembered that I forgot to tell you that Gibby called back and told me to tell you that she got audio clack of the second half (Muski takes big breath...)....

....and that he looked gorgeous and she loved the music!

But I see that Couchie told you already! Heh. Actually, the cell phone connection cut out while we were eeeeeeeeeeeeeeing and whatnot....so I'm glad she was able to get Couchie.

And to tell you the truth, I LIKE the fact that FCA isn't one of the well-known boards.....there's something to say about semi-anonymity B)

ETA:

It lubricates the throat

Indeed it does, liney....indeed it does. :whistling-1:

I'm with DJS, it is fine if someone does not enjoy a show, Clay cannot be everything to everyone. But don't claim that all fans won't like it. Diverse, people!!! We are diverse! I also think it would be better to wait and see what you get before not liking it, A cellcert does not a concert make.

Disclaimer, you will have to rip my cellcert from my cold dead hands. I am not against technology, I just think that you should not fool yourself into thinking you had a concert experience based on a cellphone.

oooh clarification ..he didn't have his water on stage... which is why I volunteered to be his water girl. I think he does need it during the course of hte show especially with him singing so much..

Why am I not working yet heee.

Hell, half the members here didn't know it was a board until they joined heee.

maybe I need to hire a publicist

TEXWRITER FROM CV

Clothes, hair, shoes, pants, thin/not thin/too thin/hunky and just right

He looked thinner than the summer tour and AYSTAFG taping. About the same as Las Vegas. I think he's definitely dropped some pounds since he got off the paxil. He looks wonderfu. I couldn't see his shoes, and as I said earlier, the coat was waaaaay too long. Wonder if we could bribe Jamie to shorten it before St Louis?????

Voice quality

I actually gasped at several points in the first few numbers. His voice was very nuanced and he was hitting notes I'd never heard before. He changed up many of the ones we're familiar with, and did an awesome job on the new ones. There were one or 2 spots where his voice wavered just a bit, but I don't think most people would have noticed it at all. My DH didn't. My one complaint was that the orchestra seemed to loud during several numbers. It may have been because they were closer to the audience. Clay and the girls were elevated in the center of the stage and surrounded by the orchestra. Jesse's piano was front and center.

Did he seem happy?

Yes. I wanted to watch his face during the readings, but they had the spotlight on the readers. But I could tell my his posture that he was really listening to the readings and seemed very proud of their contributions. He was very cute at the end when he started in talking about Christmas and wishing for peace and then totally lost track of where he was going. The audience got a big chuckle out of that. I didn't notice any stressful jaw movements like we saw in Houston and on AYSTAFG. I really expected to see them since I figured he would be nervous about this first show.

How did the stories work? How did the audience react to them?

I thought the stories were very effective and I will write more about that later. The audience seemed very receptive.

Did it seem like a first show, i.e. any rough patches, etc.?

I felt this was possibly the most rehearsed show he's done so far. It was a little late getting started and the audience was very restless waiting for his appearance, but the flow once he appeared was very smooth.

Any nju stories?

The only problem with going to concerts with my DH is that he tries to break world speed records getting to the car when they are over. Tonight was worse because there's a football game on. So I didn't have the opportunity to linger and chat with audience members.

Did you talk to any meet & greeters?

No

Did you find out anything from the story-readers--any details of the selection process or anything about rehearsals? Again, no.

Overall audience response.

The standing ovation before the encore was tremendous. Best I've seen in my 25 concerts. I was so glad he came back out, because people really wanted to hear him again.

From GBB at the CH

dc4clay called me while I was out with her M&G report. Here are the notes I took on the restaurant napkin:

He was hilarious.

Hair reddish

Not much banter. Fans will be mad (he said this).

Venue saying no cameras.

Clay didn't go to his high school reunion. It was a rumor.

He was hilarious.

Only Durham on tour, not Raleigh.

Doesn't know about a first single, still not sure what will be on CD

Looked good.

Friendly and relaxed.

Very slim

Fan: "Are you worried about dancing in Spamalot?" Clay: "What makes you sure I'll be doing the same dance steps?"

Ok, now I am mad at Clay! Why does he keep leaving poor Raleigh at home? Why does he continually ignore her for Durham? She was once his pride and joy. They went everywhere together. And now she gets left at home? She will never understand! Imagine her heartbroken little face when he packs up and she thinks she is going and instead he takes that interloper Durham!

NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

oops wrong quote...hee

CG...I wouldn;t presume anything from that. For all we know the tour is stressful for Raleigh and this is something she wants. I really would be careful making conclusions about a family and their motivations from what we can observe in the surface.

CG... we have absolutely no idea why Clay may have left Raleigh behind. Maybe she is pregnant, or sick or... Maybe he wants some one-on-one time with Durham to teach him some manners. Maybe he will do half the tour with each dog. Maybe we'll find out the reason from another M&G. Is that enough "maybes" for everyone??? LOL

Read that someone got video of the entire concert. eeeeeeee!!!