Wichita, KS -- Nov. 26, 2007

ldyjocelyn

I can hear Clay pretty well, but I can't make out what the women are saying--second story now.

Something about someone trying to avoid Christmas.

from CB

The guy at the door said there were about 700 tickets left, most off to the side. All ages are there; 1/4 men to 3/4 women it appears.

From CB at the beginning

Pretty sure it will be starting on time. Mary is running all over the place. Calling CP back. Someone is speaking at the mic and it's pretty clear. Possibly the pastor??? Just mentioned MDYK and there was a cheer! Big cheer, something about a Clay Aiken concert. Having a prayer right now. Thanking God for a night when they can celebrate the birth of Christ with friends (I think that's what he said) Lights are back up!

from CB

Long black coat, black shirt, black tie. Hair is gorgeous.

From the CB cellcert

Clay said Realise Christmas has a different meaning for everyone. Four stories tonight to remind us how different Christmas is for everyone (?)

From CB about first story

Someone is reading her story. Talking about scheduling surgery in 2001. Can't really make out what she's saying but she's getting some good laughs and seems to be doing a great job. She's lost 110 pounds!!!

Second story from CB

The jist of her story is that her son died in Dec. due to a carwreck. She threw out her Christmas tree, and all her Christmas stuff and shut down. She was bitter and angry. The next Christmas her son's friend told her that he would have wanted her to celebrate. So, she went to her closet to pull out her Christmas stuff, but realized that she had thrown it all away. All she could find was a little Nativity set and a plastic icicle. She went to her family Christmas celebrations, but was numb inside. On Christmas day she found herself alone and sad. Then she picked up the Nativity figures and looked at them. She began to realize that Mary had also lost her son. Did she also marvel in watching her son grow? Did she sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to him? Did she know she would lose him at an early age also? Then she realized that millions of people the world over had suffered loss of loved ones as well and she was not alone. She cried for Mary and her loss of Jesus. She cried for those who had lost loved ones. Then she felt enveloped in Love and Peace, and realized that due to the faith of a mother, and her love of Jesus, the Lamb of God, that she would make it.

This is a rough paraphrase from her story. I'm so proud of her for reading it as her loss happened in '03.

From Ch Angela's song was "Who Would Imagine a King" from the Preacher's Wife.

Clay singing another new song...Welcome To Our World.

lyrics from irishbookgal at CV:

:

Tears are falling

Hearts are breaking

How we need to hear from God

You've been promised

We've been waiting

Welcome, Holy Child

Welcome, Holy Child

Hope that You don't

Mind our manger

How I wish we would have known

But long awaited

Holy Stranger

Make Yourself at home

Please make Yourself at home

Bring Your peace

Into our violence

Bid our hungry souls be filled

Word now breaking Heaven's silence

Welcome to our world

Welcome to our world

Fragile finger

Sent to heal us

Tender brow prepared for thorn

Tiny heart

Whose blood will save us

Unto us is born

Unto us is born

CV says 75% full

He is absolutely beyond gorgeous, has lost weight

Girls look fabulous

Beautiful place, acoustics are good

He sounds amazing, his voice is right on

Biggest grin on his face watching Angie sing

Quiana went off stage for the second half?

Stories were touching and moving, not quite the tear jerkers certer was expecting

Some funny stuff, something about Fritos?

Stomach surgery to lose weight

Set list 1 from ldb51

Medley

Emmanuel

Away in a Manger

O Little Town of Bethlehem

Away in a Manger

Mary Did You Know?

Merry Christmas With Love

STORY

Medley

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Sleigh Ride

Jingle Bells

Winter Wonderland

Christmas Waltz

STORY

Angie Song

Welcome to Our World---Clay

Intermission

Gibby just called me! She says the

MUSIC is gorgeous, absolutely beautiful...

CLAY is gorgeous, absolutely beautiful---all in black: long black coat, black shirt, black PANTS! Great hair! I didn't ask about stubble...

ANGELA & QUIANA wearing amazing long black dresses---flouncy at bottom and spaghetti straps and they look great!

Meanwhile...I popped into the chat at another thread and felt absolutely depressed at all the bitching and moaning about everything---not enough Clay, stories too long and sad and maudlin, too much girls singing, Clay not singing enough COMPLETE (vs medleys) songs...etc. some saying they're second guessing their multiple ticket purchases...

Of course, we've heard that before.... :whistling-1:

Some speculation that the somber, more religious tone is related to the fact he's in a church, etc...