Minneapolis, MN -- Dec. 19 and 20, 2007

ldyjocelyn

Venue: Orchestra Hall with more information on Clay's show here.

Holiday:

Clay Aiken: The Magical Holiday Tour

with the Minnesota Orchestra

December 19 , 20

WED DEC 19, 2007 7:30PM Orchestra Hall $35-$59; $77 VIP

THU DEC 20, 2007 7:30PM Orchestra Hall $35-$59; $77 VIP

Minnesota Orchestra

Sarah Hatsuko Hicks, conductor

As the first runner-up on FOX TV’s second season of American Idol, Clay Aiken wowed television audiences with his sweet Southern charm and glorious voice. His debut album went to No. 1 on Billboard’s “Top 200” during its first week of release and then hit triple platinum status. His first holiday recording, Merry Christmas with Love, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s “Top Holiday Albums” chart. Now, joined by the Minnesota Orchestra, he'll bring you Christmas favorites like “Winter Wonderland,” “Sleigh Ride” and “The Christmas Song.”

Clay Aiken will perform during the second half of the program.

Online ticket orders

Order tickets by mail, fax, phone, or box office

Seating Chart

Venue capacity is 2450.

For color, click on the color button (the A with the line under it) and then scroll up to the banner and you'll see a color chart. Click on the color you want. It's a weird location, but you do get a lot of color choices.

hellooooooooooooooooooooooo

nobody going to Minneapolis?

I may fly in a day early just so the weather can't get me. so..what's to do in minneapolis in the winter time!! Hmmm let me check out the Timberwolves schedule... please tell me the arena is in the city and not out in the burbs.

hellooooooooooooooooooooooo

nobody going to Minneapolis?

I may fly in a day early just so the weather can't get me. so..what's to do in minneapolis in the winter time!! Hmmm let me check out the Timberwolves schedule... please tell me the arena is in the city and not out in the burbs.

I'm not from there, but my husband is, and we visit there all the time. If I remember correctly, the arena is downtown.

If you're staying downtown, they have a train that goes back and forth from downtown to the Mall of America. I can't remember how much it costs for a trip, though. And the Mall of America is a fantastic place to get lost in....IMO. I personally like Lego World.

I really wish my schedule could clear and I could attend these shows, but both hubby and I have to work that week right before Christmas; we'll be going to Minneapolis to visit his family during Christmas week.

Flying in early on the 18th so will have all day to explore Minneapolis... hopefully the weather will be permitting. Anybody want to hang, just give me a holla. Off to see what's to do in wintry Minneapolis.

There will be events going on, being planned by the MNClayFans (http://www.mnclayfans.clayaikenfans.org/index.html).

I'll be there with my DD, grandchildren, and some other friends. We are going early (on Monday), so give us a shoutout if you want someone to hang with.

Love ya,

Patty T

heeee... now I know I've talked to a lot of folks about minneapolis so shocked to see this thread so bare. Not even a representing list

I get in early on the 18th so will be spending that day at the Mall of America.... I'll check out the MN clay fans to see what they have planned. I'm staying at the Marriott City Center.

Since there are 2 days here for most, do we want to do a preparty on one of the days or do lunch on the 19th or 20th or an after thing on the 19th? Any ideas or suggestions? Any locals around. What's a can't miss place to eat. I'm about to google, beware. heee.

couchie, if you get a list of restaurants, I can pass it by my husband (who is originally from that area) and see what he says.

If these shows had been the last two of the tour, I would be there....as it is, my husband and I are going to be taking off from Merrillville to go to Minneapolis. *sigh*

My suggestion is to plan a pre party before the second Minneapolis concert. That way if people have parties with their home boards there won't be any interference. But I'll be there for 3 days so can also meet up at other times for lunch, breakfast, shopping heee.

How does that sound?

LdyJ I away suggestions for places from your husband and anyone else here with an idea.

Here's my first post at FCA! Let's see if I can do it. I just got a ticket in the front row of the center tier, so I'll be joining you, Couchie et al., for the Thurs. concert. Whoo-hoo, it's finally feeling like a holiday.

YAY!! Welcome to FCA. Sassafras is good people, y'all!

Here's my first post at FCA! Let's see if I can do it. I just got a ticket in the front row of the center tier, so I'll be joining you, Couchie et al., for the Thurs. concert. Whoo-hoo, it's finally feeling like a holiday.

Hey Sassafras!! whoo hooo... that's the second concert right? I hope you can come to our mythical pre party. heee.

Dec 20th

5 PM

heee now all we need is a place ha.

Can I sign up for the mythical pre-party, pretty please?

(References available on request) :D

I'm not much of a shopper and wanted to have lots of free time just to meet people and make some nice memories. I signed up for the Minnesota Clayfans dinner before the Wednesday concert, and the trolley tour on the Thursday from 3 to 4:30. Other than the concerts that is the sum total of my organized planning.

Couchie, K'Andre, FromClaygary, and whoever else is brave enough to come this far north, I'd love to call you by your real names and regale you with my fascinating personality. :cryingwlaughter: Well, I'll try to keep you warm, at least!!! :rolleyes:

Please pm me if any of you wants to arrange anything. I'm staying at the Hilton; arriving early Monday morning (I hope ) and flying back late Friday evening.

Just a warning though: You will be dealing with a brand new 50 49 year and 365 day old so expect mood swings.

sniff-1.gif:tongue57::lipstick::ph34r: :Boss: :29: :langue:

Well, you get the idea, right?

:fca:

scan1a.jpg

I will be there both nights.

My real name is Christel Klein and i will be staying at the Holiday Inn near the venue!!

Hotel:

MINNEAPOLIS-DWTN (CONV CTR)

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

225 SOUTH 11TH STREET

MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55403

UNITED STATES

I do not have a cell phone ... but i'm posting my pix and location .... so if you see me you can say Hi .... or phone me at the Hotel ... I'm not booked into any parties but i will be "around".

Love to meet one and all!!!

spt5-1.gif