#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

cindilu, those are interesting parallels, indeed. :clap:

Yep, that charisma thing. A quality as enigmatic and special as the people who have it.

Dang, it's early. Turns out older daughter decided to change her school schedule so that she's taking "Zero Period" chemistry. Which means she needs to be there at 6:50 am.

Why would anyone CHOOSE to have to be at school at 6:50 am? :scream:

ETA: But oh, lookie! :clap: Being so early helped me make it to the TOP! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by muskifest

Hee, talking about downloading clack.....I am one of those who has to download every last bit of it. I can't believe the rate it is still flowing into the vaults! I queued up about 100 files again last night, and that was only 2 days worth.

Ugh! No fair! No fair!! I wanna download! I wanna burn!! ( I also wanna Mario Cart to drive over ph's ass!)

I have a groaning hard drive and a hubby who thinks enough is enough.

I have a brand new DVD burner installed by son...that isn't working...and son is now out of town on business for over a week.

I don't dare download more, just yet and I can't burn what I have.

I think I will be requesting an external hard drive for Christmas.....and lessons on how to use it..

Hey Manderly!

I haven't posted in the main thread yet but I read here everyday.

Hello to everyone.

RIP Pavarotti.

cindilu2 - I enjoyed reading about Pavarotti's life before singing and how they were much like Clay's.

Kimmel and scum bag - :imgtongue:

I've spent the last year taking back my fandom, much the way Clay took back his life. I was tired of the angst, hand ringing and worrying I was doing over a career/life that wasn't mine and I had no control over.

Well, I had an 'come to Jesus talk' with myself and I straightened up myself and my fandom. I support Clay because I want to support Clay. I admire and respect the man he is. I can't get enough of his voice, his personality and his character. I mean, goodness ...

look at the personality in that vein:

192169869-L.jpg

and look at the character in that thigh!!!

WPB1.jpg

:RedGuy:

Edited by windstar2

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

<---is seriously regretting not doing her laundry this weekend. How can someone who shops as much as I do not have anything to wear?

---

I'm of two minds. I think spoilering is nice for those that want to totally avoid it, but then again, sorta gives it more important than it deserves. I give it a big shrug.

Hee, rohdy, I feel your pain. Before I bought the externals I was in the same boat. But they are a life saver, and they are pretty much all plug and play now, so you just hook 'em up and there they are, just another drive on your computer. I'm almost to the point of needing another one (John, Paul & George are almost full, so Ringo will be next).....and most of my older stuff (IT, NAT, JNT04) is burned onto DVDs because there is no room for it. It's crazy, but I love it. We definitely are a unique fandom in that regard, I think.

*waves* to all the delurking newbies!

Oh yeah I meant to comment on Clay on Leno...I personally love all his Leno appearance. I love it when he is silly, I love the edginess due to nerves he has when he is on Leno cos I do believe he appreciates the significance on being on the Tonight Show. I don;t really think Leno treats him any differently, I think he simply responds to Clay's cues. ... we have to remember that Clay has some control on what they talk about. I do believe they let the producers know some stories that they may want to lead to and Leno may use that as a guide in the conversation. When he asked him about his trip or being sick thats because TC gave the show that info before hand. My point here is...Clay behaves differently with Leno than Kimmel cos they have a different relationship and there is a different target demographic.

I agree with you, Ansa. Clay and Jimmy are closer in age, and my suspicion is that in doing the skit, they had a chance to get to know each other. Leno seems a bit older, and his relationship, rather more distant--not because of anything negative between them--but because his interaction with Clay has been at a more superficial level. I never saw Leno as condescending toward Clay, but there is, naturally, a bit of an older man/younger man vibe when Clay is on. I've always enjoyed Clay's appearances on Leno. There's always some playful teasing going on, but Clay seems entirely comfortable with it.

Yes, Leno is apt to make the occasional joke about Clay when he's not on the show, but frankly, Leno makes jokes about every celebrity. Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, and others take their hits from him, but when they have something to promote, they still show up and he treats them in a friendly manner. It's just the way the business works.

YSRN:

Ok, yeah, that's pretty FD. I like it! I didn't cry tho. Thanks for the song, cindilu! It's really beautiful.

<snipped>

I think I must also need visuals to be touched. And I've always said....I'm not a lyric person. I can go for YEARS liking a song, but having no clue what it is about, or even what is being sung. *g*

:lol: re: the heartless bitch part. I totally understand about the visuals part. You put those songs to a storyline in a movie and I'll be a blubbering mess right there with everyone else. But... I don't typically seek that shit out. And I can go forever, INCLUDING singing along for years, without knowing what it's about! :lol: I'm a freak of nature, no? Hee.

Hee- I think actually *I'm* the freak of nature. Sad songs (sometimes, it's not even the lyrics, but the music that makes me teary) sad movies, (apparently, the cheese factor applies here too - The Champ anyone?) sad books? I can't explain it (though I'm sure a good therapist could *yipes*) but I love 'em.

And then there's Blessings. *blush*

But in 'real' life? Through the very worst times of my life? No tears. Oh yeah - freak of nature indeedy [/tmi post]

Edited by cindilu2

bottlecap rolls in, screams "I love you, my non-wallowing peeps!" and rolls away again, stopping to admire the THIGHS OF CHARACTER on the way out.

:allgood:

bwah. I won't ask. I know one thing - I'm not into censorship - hate it actually but when the man of filth has his own show, this board won't be having a weekly watch and meltdown, wating to see every word that drips from his lips. We know he's trash. We know he trashes Clay. What more are we going to learn from watching. I do hope it crashes and burns fast though. But hmm tabloud media and Clay might make a great chat question </note to self/organize chat>

I very rarely cry at a movie. But you know what stupid movie got to me? THe Long Walk Home? Is that what's it's called with Mandy Moore and Shane West? heee Don't ask me why. It's not even something I'd typically watch..something I would characterrize as a teen movie.

Merrieeee I agree with you below. This guy trashing the pretty people? I just don't see how it can go over visually. We'll see though.

ETA cuz what I wrote made no sense whatsoever

Oh bottlecap there is a little something I have been meaning to ask for a while now.

Umm ...what kind of bottle are you the cap for?

The thighs just give me sighs.

I watched the Kimmel last night and I thought JK did very well. To me it seemed like he was just tolerating his guest, no rapport whatsoever and the guest came over as an overgrown schoolboy! Not smart, not likeable, not good looking, not talented and someone who makes his living on the backs of others!

But as I said elsewhere the more he is seen the less he will seem!

ldyj...although this has long since moved on, I didn't mean that Jay made fun of Clay when he was on the show. I should have been more clear, Jay made fun of Clay's sexuality in his monologes. Stopped watching the asshole.

couchie...just because you strike thru your bad words doesn't mean we can't see them, you know? Peek-a-boo we see you!

muski...good thing I don't drink cabernet because it is surely facing extinction!

rohdy...external hard drives are connected to your computer using one of the USB drives on the outside of the computer. Just plug in and it becomes part of your hard drive. No lessons needed. I just bought one at Costco, 350g for $99.00.

Farewell Luciano. Nessum Dorma will always be his song.

That certainly is a character laden thigh!

I've been examining that picture for some time now and just can't imagine the discomfort of those stretched jeans...oooooooohhhh can I take it out and pet it, please...

Oh, is it sad movie time? My nominations:

Terms of Endearment (Shirley MacLaine, Deborah Winger)

Imitation of Life (Lana Turner, Sandra Dee, Juanita Turner)

Misunderstood (Henry Thomas, Gene Hackman)

These movies make me cry every.single.time. I was misty-eyed in Titanic, but these send streams flowing down my face.

Oh, and I loved "The Long Walk Home, " too Couchie! I was surprised how much it moved me.

Edited by JennaZ

Movies that make me bawl?? Okay, so not neccessarily sad, but these made me have to sit a little longer in the dark theatre so as not to embarass myself.

Mr. Holland's Opus (Richard Dreyfuss)

My Life (Michael Keaton)

Beaches (shut. up.)

Steel Magnolias (I mean it. Shut. Up.)

and most recently

Dreamgirls (during Effie's And I Am Telling You - just ask luckiest1)

Here's one for the "How Far Behind the Times Can One Get?"

I wrote this long post, complete with quotes and images, and just impressed the hell out of myself that I did it right. I looked real smart .….then I lost it by navigating out of the window and copying something else over the long post that I had copied to the clipboard…..because I am not as smart as I thought I was. That was the first time. I recreated some semblance of it, lacking much of the initial glory, but unfortunately I happened to be downloading some new virus software at the time and when it asked me if I wanted to reboot in order to complete the installation, I said "yes."

Third time lucky? Much better written with practice? How much do you want to bet I'm doing this one in Word.

(Okay, I give up. I came home last night to finish this off and post it and the darn internet wasn't working. I am extremely way behind now. In a few minutes we're going off on a drive so I can take some vacation pictures to add some balance to my smug mug galleries. The only reason I'm still here is because my husband, the vacationing workaholic, has some pressing emails….so, why not use that to my advantage, eh? You all haven't entered the twilight zone or anything, just consider this a little déjà vu.)

I was going to add that everything I know about sexual stereotyping I learned from my dog.

mackay.jpg

This is Kenai. I'd bet a few of you took one look at that face and went…."Aw, isn't she pretty?" Well, "she is a "he" and imagine how he feels on his daily walks when he's greeted with and endless stream of "Isn't she pretty? What's her name? How old is she?" Just 'cause he's fluffy! So many people just can't be bothered to look beneath the fur. And how about this? Two years ago he went to the groomer's for his Christmas beautification and when I picked him up he had two little red bows on his head, one next to each little ear. We kept our dignity though, paid the bill and didn't rip those suckers out until we were in the car. This was at the groomer's no less! I can only surmise that they must have bathed him in very cold water that day.

Kenai is every inch the alpha male despite his looks. That's not always such a good thing since we live in close proximity to some large dogs of the same persuasion…..dogs who should be ashamed of themselves for responding to the challenge of a dog who looks like a girl.

End of that sad song.

I knew by the time I got back to this, the topic would have advanced and I now I can't remember how I segued into my sister-in-law story. I think I used a quote…..back in a sec.

Crap! I can't find it now because it's buried back there somewhere, but someone said something that related, honest. I just can't remember what is was exactly. But I'll leave this in anyway, someone might make a connection.

Common sense doesn't appear to have been dealt out with an even hand. I have this sister-in-law who has an engineering degree, an MBA and is currently working on the long term strategic corporate plan for one of our major telecommunication companies up here in Canada. She's managed to hang onto her job and move nicely up the company ladder despite being a firm believer in faith healings and her expectation that the end of the world is imminent (the signs are all there, don't you know? Yawn….). She sat around our camp fire at the cottage and told us that the end of the world wasn't going to be a bad thing for those who are playing on the right team and that coming soon (to an industrial park cathedral or converted basketball stadium near you) was spontaneous regeneration…….and we aren't talking about lizard tails here. But we all get along fine. We are a pretty irreligious family except for that one little branch, we try really hard to keep a straight face some nights 'round the campfire. I truly hope it isn't a precursor of the eternal damnation we're asking for…..but we all get along. We are what we are, we believe what we believe and we make it a point not to drink the Kool-Aid.

My mother-in-law has subscriptions to The National Enquirer, The Globe, and The Star. She used to love to wave all the Clay articles she'd saved in my face when I came home here to Halifax. You haven't seen anything until you've seen my sweet condescending smile……you need one, I've got it. When I'm feeling not only condescending but especially mean, I divert her attention by suggesting that John's transfer to Angola is almost finalized. One of these days she might put two and two together and realize that her son travels to all these kinds of places to provide me with money to travel to see that singer she reads about all the time in the Enquirer.

Some pleasures are guiltier than others…..insert evil laugh here.

It's now more than 24 48 hours since I began to write this. I have no idea what body part you are all discussing right now. The darn internet here in town-town is down-down (again) and it doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon.

I bought some tickets for Red Bank and Morristown today yesterday which I think will do just fine. I'm glad to be in the house within telephoto range and as an added bonus I get to do him from opposite sides of the house each night. Love when I get to try different positions. But EEEEEEEEEE!! For the tickets I just found out this week that I can make it to those shows!! WooHoo!! And all that jazz....

I'm going to have to cut out all this nekkid happy dancing, my chin's getting awfully bruised.

Welcome to the legions of fans who have joined us in the past few days. Thank you for bringing the pretty, of which I am terribly fond.

I don't have much of an opinion on Leno or Kimmel beyond that I think JK likes Clay and that Leno really doesn't give a rats ass one way or the other. However.....

Besides, Leno gave us this....

thetonightshow17highres.jpg

Now that's a nice picture.

I could wholeheartedly get behind this.....or vice versa.

Imitation of Life (Lana Turner, Sandra Dee, Juanita Turner)

You got me here....I haven't sat through this one dry eyed even once.

Of course, if you want to see some tears, let this post get lost out there in the crisp fall air. I think I'm ready to go home - home now. Really. I think I'll go download some clack until John gets that world peace thing he's been working on sorted out.

Patience is a virtue. Impatiens is a flower. Clay Aiken is hot! "Steel Magnolias" is awesome!

It really is....

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

One wee little edit because I forgot to add that I hope those thighs are getting laden quite regularly.

Edited by Karen Eh?

I'm going to have to cut out all this nekkid happy dancing, my chin's getting awfully bruised.

Your CHIN?

Well, at least your boobs don't get splinters from the hardwood floors when you dance.

KarenEh, your whole post is a cornucopia of lovelies :F_05BL17blowkiss: So many BWAH-worthy quotes... :cryingwlaughter: And I guiltily chuckled about the cold water bath for your gorgeous MALE doggie...cuz my dog's male appendage is quite noticeable at all times (short hair and contrasting hair color on his Waldo), but it's all for naught. He doesn't have the BALLS to do anything with it other than sprinkle every bush between here and there...if you get my drift.

Gawd. I don't wanna do work. I wanna hang around and play all day. And figure out how I can make it to at least one holiday Clay concert...as I posted in the concert thread, Wichita's not that far from Memphis, right? :whistling-1:

Movies that make me bawl?? Okay, so not neccessarily sad, but these made me have to sit a little longer in the dark theatre so as not to embarass myself.

Mr. Holland's Opus (Richard Dreyfuss)

My Life (Michael Keaton)

Beaches (shut. up.)

Steel Magnolias (I mean it. Shut. Up.)

and most recently

Beaches, cry like a baby every time I see that movie.

I am so clever, on top again! Makes me think about petting those that lovely thigh. Oh la la!

Edited by Toots

<snip>

Heh. I might remember that.

Movies that make me bawl are usually ones that I can relate to in some way. (Same with songs. Same with books. Yep, I cry easily.) I am a big fan of tear jerkers. These are some of the ones that I consider my favourites, that I own, and and that make me cry every.single.time.I.watch.them.

Boys on the Side

World According to Garp

Bridges of Madison County

Karen Eh You crack me up. I'd love to sit around that camp fire with you and try to keep a straight face -I'd fail miserably. Hee. Your dog is beautiful - oh, the indignities!

And while you and Muski suffer bruises and splinters while naked dancing, I have no such problem...at all. :(

Cindilu You and I have the same taste in movies!

Oh and Toots Please don't come after me....I'm a terrible wimp, and I promise, I really was kidding. :)

Edited by Totally

I don't watch Leno because his chin scares me. I keep waiting for it to blow up.

I'm sad to hear of Pavarotti's death. :( I had a very special Pavarotti-moment once. I was pregnant with my daughter, it was right before Christmas and I was laying on the couch listening to Pavarotti sing O Holy Night! When he hit that note I felt my daughter jump - I think she like it :) - it was the first time I'd felt the baby move. So whenever I hear him sing OHN I think of that moment and :wub: .

Would every one shut up for awhile so I can catch up? And I mean that in the sweetest possible way. :)