#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

I'm not too proud to admit that I used to have a huge crush on Leo. So yes, I saw Titanic mumblemumble times. :lilredani:

Also cried many times during his Romeo and Juliet. Still like that movie for it's energy. :clap:

Still love that Zeferelli version and have been known 2 watch both movies back to back on a rainy day :whistling-1:

totally OT: I'm always stumbling over this...is it "I used to something something" or "I use to something something?" Hey, English is my second language. :blush:

'used to' is correct, woo. And good on ya for learning!

(Okay my turn - can somebody tell me why sometimes the 'siggy' is right at the bottom of the post (below the actual content) and other's, it leaves this huge gap? It's makin' me crazy!

Edited by cindilu2

I'll agree to that....but I also just see that as SHOW BUSINESS. Everything is about ratings, or sales, or the money. If it wasn't, the fandom wouldn't give a care if Clay appeared on a show and ratings spiked overnight, IMO. I think something happened that transcended the money thing for Clay and Jimmy -- but it doesn't have to happen for everyone paired with Clay. And to me, Jimmy and the people behind his show don't care about his guests too much except for the ratings either, if they had slimebucket on the show last night in the first place. Finally, I always remember that sure, it's about the ratings -- maybe Jay doesn't care...but I bet NBC does. NBC owns Jay as much as RCA owns Clay.

I feel like I'm coming off rather bitchy here....maybe I should find a good sad movie....any suggestions? *g*

You aren't coming off bitchy at all. I agree with this. Clay and Jimmy are the exception..well I think Clay and Diane are friendly too... she still does her job and she can't control the edit room. Jimmy doesn't treat everyone like he treats Clay.

Speaking of ABC and Diane..I would love to have the editing room floor video of every interview Clay has ever done with them.

A girl goes away for a couple of days and has finally caught up on all the posts.

Clay Aiken is a gorgeous man and all of those beautiful pictures... :clap: Thanks!

Windstar

I've spent the last year taking back my fandom, much the way Clay took back his life. I was tired of the angst, hand ringing and worrying I was doing over a career/life that wasn't mine and I had no control over.

Well, I had an 'come to Jesus talk' with myself and I straightened up myself and my fandom. I support Clay because I want to support Clay. I admire and respect the man he is. I can't get enough of his voice, his personality and his character.

Same here. Taking back my fandom meant losing some of my long time internet friends. Not easy when you have a history with people.

I do think some people feed off negative energy, though - for whatever reason. Just like there are people who create drama in their personal lives, there are people who try to create drama in the fandom - if not for everyone (such fun when that happens), for themselves.

Ah, yes, what I personally like to think of as the "Dark Clouds", spreading doom and gloom wherever they go. I worked with one of these types in my first job out of college, and never realized how contagious the constant negative thinking can be until he left for another job. What do you know: the company we worked for didn't really suck, the people in Accounting weren't really out to get us, and the boss wasn't really a ginormous tool. (Well, maybe he was a medium-sized one. :eusa_whistle: )

Morning everyone! er - Afternoon everyone!!

Wish blogger boy would get "at it" - I miss him and want to know "wassup"!! A few tidbits about what he's doing every moment of the day would be cool! :)

Crying at movies?? Not too often - last time I remember was during "Anne of 1000 days" with Genevieve Bujold (sp?) - about 30 yrs ago! Mind you, I only like movies that make me laugh and I seldom go to movies so can't say I wouldn't cry if I watched some. I was a blubbering idiot when I was young but not so much anymore. Am I a bad fan because, though I love Clay Aiken with the heat of a thousand suns, I have yet to cry over anything he's sung. I'm usually too busy grinning from ear to ear.

Busy with DS2 and g/f visiting from Hong Kong - they brought me a very cool present - it's a digital photo frame - I've never seen one before but I can load photos, videos and music and it has a cool screen - should have it figured out by Christmas!!! :cryingwlaughter: I love new techie stuff though. I wonder if they expect me to load family photos in it??? :lol: Must search some out, just in case!!!!

:DoClay: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :allgood:

Speaking of ABC and Diane..I would love to have the editing room floor video of every interview Clay has ever done with them.

Amen, Couchie! AND I'm oh-so-envious of those who got to see THE WHOLE THING when Clay was 'on' Tyra. :hubbahubba:

Oh, and yeah right, ldyjocelyn....whenever I think of you, "BITCH" is the first word that comes to mind. :rolleyes::cryingwlaughter:

Crying at the movies???

Since I cry at Hallmark commercials.......I cry when things are touching and when they are sad and when they remind me of something touching or sad.

I try to avoid tearjerkers--LOATHED Titanic (I'm talking bigtime hate) as I could see no reason at all to make a popsicle out of Leo. I mean REALLY, what was the point of that? Just mean-spirited writing shit.

Amen, Couchie! AND I'm oh-so-envious of those who got to see THE WHOLE THING when Clay was 'on' Tyra. :hubbahubba:

Amen to both of your ladies!

Oh, and yeah right, ldyjocelyn....whenever I think of you, "BITCH" is the first word that comes to mind. :rolleyes::cryingwlaughter:

Thanks muski, I needed a good laugh today.....

Remembered another good tearjerker for me...."Philadelphia" with Tom Hanks....

"It's a Wonderful Life?" Oh God, Kleenex piled on the floor next to me.

I try to avoid tearjerkers--LOATHED Titanic (I'm talking bigtime hate) as I could see no reason at all to make a popsicle out of Leo. I mean REALLY, what was the point of that? Just mean-spirited writing shit.

Another Titanic loather here. Not for the same reason though. I thought it was sooooooooooo unrealistic - floundering around in the icy waters off of Canada for an hour or more - they'd have been dead in 5 minutes - bugged the shit crap out of me. Good music though! :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee "Top of the page!!!!"

or is that supposed to be a bad thing??? :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by canuck2010

A girl goes away for a couple of days and has finally caught up on all the posts.

Clay Aiken is a gorgeous man and all of those beautiful pictures... :clap: Thanks!

Windstar

I've spent the last year taking back my fandom, much the way Clay took back his life. I was tired of the angst, hand ringing and worrying I was doing over a career/life that wasn't mine and I had no control over.

Well, I had an 'come to Jesus talk' with myself and I straightened up myself and my fandom. I support Clay because I want to support Clay. I admire and respect the man he is. I can't get enough of his voice, his personality and his character.

Same here. Taking back my fandom meant losing some of my long time internet friends. Not easy when you have a history with people.

I meant to comment on this so glad you brought it back up. I feel as though I did the same. Funny thing is that I spend as much time but it's just allocated differently. Instead of surfing many boards or reading and posting on TWoP, I stay here 95% of the time. I still spend lots of time working on FCA and chatting with friends on AIM (couchtomatotoo btw and am pretty much logged on every evening) but it's different energy now. The DCAT tour was different for me to. I went to one large pre party and that's it. I just couldn't drive myself into the poor house to make all these parties. I spent quality time getting to know people and I had a wonderful time and I still could make connections and say hi to friends at the venue. Just like Clay's first two years in showbiz was overwhelming - so was the fandom.

I remember when FCA started it was just toooooo slow for me. I needed more more more. When in Sept I kinda made this my home, it was a tough adjustmennt but as time went on 30 minutes between every post and pulling in the shingle at 7pm became OK. (although I whined about needing Hawaiins on occassion, shut up.) It became ok not to be the first to hear the news. It didn't mean things were wrong if there were only 10 posts that day.

And now I can barely keep up. It's been a fun adjustment again. heee.

Geeze Louise did somebody put something in the water? Are we done sobbing in here? What a bunch of post ho's. :cryingwlaughter: All these sad songs and movies. Nobody mentions Love Story? :eusa_whistle: Biggest tear jerker of the decade when she dies.

I don't cry when Clay sings. I get a bit misty with pride for him on occasions. Like when he was nominated to the President's committee and when he won his AMA award etc etc. I like sad songs, because they usually have great lyrics but I don't cry when I hear them. That is unless they are being played at a funeral, or remind me of a loved one I've lost. However I am with ldyjocelyn & YSRN when it comes to crying at sad movies. Heck I can cry when someone wins big on a game show too.

KAndre that was a real Dapper looking Earl of Aikenberry you photoshopped. In fact I loved all the photshopped pics.

Shadylil I'm so happy to see you here. You crack me up. Always have. I read your RCA rants on your MySpace and laughed my ass off. I don't agree with you on some of that stuff, but I love to read you. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Between you Muskifest I may die from laughter on here. It is so much better than angsting and rolling my eyes.

Ryan Seashit
My first big laugh of the day.

RIP Pavarotti................I am not a lover of operatic type music, but you don't have to be to recognize talent. I also think Andrea Bocelli is right up there.

ldyjocely & Ansamcw, I tend to agree with most of your thoughts regarding Leno and Kimmel and Clay. One thing about talking down to Clay. He looks very very young for his age. I can see where someone might tend to talk to him like he was 18 years old. Of course he doesn't look as young now, as he did coming off of AI2, because I believe his medicine has rounded out his face a bit.

Couchie gave me another big laugh when she stated that PH was one ugly MOFO. Such language. :cryingwlaughter:

Ooooh, Stargazer, that's one of Brandilyn's beauties, I think. She didn't take it, but she put her special touch on it. Here's another one, and I love it.

scrpkywpbshop.jpg

I had to go back and bring this forward one more time. It just took my breath away, literally, when I first gazed upon it. Thanks for posting it. Also welcome to Farouche? .

sheiladownunder that was a good movie. I love anything Meryl Streep is in. Fabulous actress.

(Okay my turn - can somebody tell me why sometimes the 'siggy' is right at the bottom of the post (below the actual content) and other's, it leaves this huge gap? It's makin' me crazy!

The huge gap happens on short posts. If you want to get rid of it, add some hard returns at the end of your post.

Those are good pics ldyj . Here is one from the AI2 Tour M&G which I had the priviledge of attending. You can clearly see how young he looks. In person that day he looked about 12 years old. By the way, this is not my picture. Mine did not turn out because the batteries were corroded in my camera. Didn't find out until afterwards. I was just heartsick. Now that was something that made me cry bucket fulls. Not one damn stinking picture of my M&G, did I get. Oh well....Hopefully there will be another time.

clayatmeetngreetokcsm.jpg

Couchie I really love what you and Ansamcw and all your other staff have created here. I love how you run it too. It's a site you can be proud of and I bet Clay appreciates this place and what you all do.

Those are good pics ldyj . Here is one from the AI2 Tour M&G which I had the priviledge of attending. You can clearly see how young he looks. In person that day he looked about 12 years old. By the way, this is not my picture. Mine did not turn out because the batteries were corroded in my camera. Didn't find out until afterwards. I was just heartsick. Now that was something that made me cry bucket fulls. Not one damn stinking picture of my M&G, did I get. Oh well....Hopefully there will be another time.

clayatmeetngreetokcsm.jpg

Couchie I really love what you and Ansamcw and all your other staff have created here. I love how you run it too. It's a site you can be proud of and I bet Clay appreciates this place and what you all do.

OMG!! That picture is so adorable!!!

Clayzor I'm so sorry about your M&G pics. Dayum - that would have driven me to tears and a major cussing spree!!!

And I'll add my thanks to Couchie - This place "rocks"!!!!

*GASP*

Blonde. Clay.

F.L.O.V.E.

I know he's boyish and teeny and all that. And now he's manly and studly and I wouldn't change a thing. But oh how I loved Blonde Clay.

(thanks for the answer jmh! I was doing just the opposite)