#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

ETA: wandacleo....WORD to this:

I don't think Leno gives a ratsass about his guests except for the degree to which they will affect his ratings.
, which is how Ryan Seashit strikes me, too.

I feel like I'm coming off rather bitchy here....

AND you would different than the rest of us, HOW?

Couchie I really love what you and Ansamcw and all your other staff have created here. I love how you run it too. It's a site you can be proud of and I bet Clay appreciates this place and what you all do.

Hey most of the fandom don't know we're hiding over here so I'm sure Clay doesn't either although yes, it made my day that at least he knew of FCA *the website* when I met him. Ansa should get all the thanks though as it was her idea to start the forum, and I think I kinda grumbled when she first brought it up :cryingwlaughter:

I don't cry much. I've had a few unexpected break downs in public though heh. One of them really caused me to change my life. Can you believe I used to be scared of my own shadow. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I think I told this story before but one time I was driving to work and had my ipod on shuffle and Bryan Adams Heaven came on. Well I just burst into tears. And it's because it's attached to my favorite Clay montage - well at the time. And it went through my head frame by frame. And that picture of Clay with his rea jersey on and he's on skates, and Jerome has his back... sigh. And I don't do that sort of thing. heh.

Bwah.>Cryin' by Roy Orbison just hit my shuffle. I think that might qualify!!

I'm still reasonably new with posting here and with these quotes things. They do manage to mix me up, a lot. I do believe there is a strong possibility that I could screw this whole post up, but here goes, *crosses fingers and takes deep breath*

Has anyone seen an old movie with Susan Hayward entitled "I Want to Live!"

I absolutely loved, loved that movie. I've only seen it twice in my lifetime, once as as a teenager and again as a young adult and I would love to see it again. One my all time favorites! Susan Hayward, stunningly beautiful. This is what I consider a true classic.

One other movie that touched me as a child, was Five Pennies with Danny Kaye, (Clay & Danny are my red headed hero's) I had only watched this movie as a child, it was a very powerful movie that touched my soul deeply.

The kind of shows I cry at are the Oprah reunited shows, those turn me in to absolute mush.

Couchie I really love what you and Ansamcw and all your other staff have created here. I love how you run it too. It's a site you can be proud of and I bet Clay appreciates this place and what you all do.

:clap: I've lurked here for a few weeks now, and I enjoyed the discussions, pictures, and the laughs and the tender loving snark. This place for me.... just is. (tm Paula Abdul)

Hee, just in case this doesn't work.... laugh along with me and not too hard at me.

(it doesn't help that I'm doing this from work and keep checking over my shouldar, yea, that is the excuse I will use)

Rchick...welcome!

And another holiday concert...

From the CB, a new Christmas concert date:

Omaha Concert

Clay Aiken Christmas

Slosburg Hall/Orpheum Theater

Omaha Nebraska

Clay Aiken Christmas

Friday, December 21, 2007 8:00pm

Slosburg Hall

Orpheum Theater

Tickets are not yet for sale online via Ticket Omaha.

Performance Dates

Friday, December 21, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Edited by muskifest

OMG!!!! Omaha!!! That's actually within driving distance for me...for once!!!! I may actually get to see a Christmas concert this time around!

Saddest movie evah: "Where the Red Fern Grows"...when the dog laid on his mates grave...cried like a baby.

Are we still talking about movies, or is there a new crotch shot to take our minds off sad shit? I've actually been doing a bit of work today.

Tearjerking lines from sad movies:

"Mr. Holland, we are your opus." - oh Lord, just shivers and teary typing that.

"You may keep one of your children." - O.M.G.

"Te adoro, Anton" - Waaaaahhhhhh!!!

ETA: YAY!!!! For Omaha!!!! Whooo hoooo!!!

Edited by Bookwhore

Jesus, you guys are torturing me with all these sad movies. How about the old black and white movie where they have to kill the pet deer at the end? (What IS the name??) Whoever wrote that should roast in hell.

I don't like to cry... my eyes are swollen for 2 days and I feel like I got dragged backwards thru a bush, too... so the list of movies I have deliberately not gone to would fill a book...

Sometimes you get it accidently... Independence Day... I LOVED that movie, but cried when the First Lady died and then got mad, cause it just wasn't necessary for the flow of the movie IMO.

Ole Yeller got me sooo bad that I have never watched that movie again... Dances with Wolves, too. Great movie, but I'll never watch it again.

I don't cry at songs for some reason. I LOVE LAA, but it doesn't make me cry, just sad that Clay might feel/have felt that way and I know I have.

Angst in the fandom... I feel that many got very invested in Clay cause their votes got him back each week, then when he didn't win, it was well, what I do is going to make/break his career. There are also many who worry so about losing him that they angst over how his hair is, etc cause if he doesn't do it perfectly, he will go away.

I have felt a bit of relaxing after we got thru the mess successfully, but some are so in the habit and actually like being angsty, so it will go on, I'm afraid. It makes many feel connected... if I'm worrying about him, I'm showing my love!

I LOVE this site, Couchie and Ansa! Thank you!!!

Jesus, you guys are torturing me with all these sad movies. How about the old black and white movie where they have to kill the pet deer at the end? (What IS the name??) Whoever wrote that should roast in hell.

Oh Dear God,...The Yearling. *sniffle*

I don't like to cry... my eyes are swollen for 2 days and I feel like I got dragged backwards thru a bush, too... so the list of movies I have deliberately not gone to would fill a book...

Sometimes you get it accidently... Independence Day... I LOVED that movie, but cried when the First Lady died and then got mad, cause it just wasn't necessary for the flow of the movie IMO.

Ole Yeller got me sooo bad that I have never watched that movie again... Dances with Wolves, too. Great movie, but I'll never watch it again.

I don't cry at songs for some reason. I LOVE LAA, but it doesn't make me cry, just sad that Clay might feel/have felt that way and I know I have.

Angst in the fandom... I feel that many got very invested in Clay cause their votes got him back each week, then when he didn't win, it was well, what I do is going to make/break his career. There are also many who worry so about losing him that they angst over how his hair is, etc cause if he doesn't do it perfectly, he will go away.

I have felt a bit of relaxing after we got thru the mess successfully, but some are so in the habit and actually like being angsty, so it will go on, I'm afraid. It makes many feel connected... if I'm worrying about him, I'm showing my love!

I LOVE this site, Couchie and Ansa! Thank you!!!

I didn't get invested by voting because I live in Canada and couldn't vote. I just got invested in that voice and I really never doubted that he would be a huge success. I still don't angst because I feel it is a talent that cannot be denied.

I stay away from blogsites and downers and just enjoy my fandom to the core of my being. Having never, ever been so totally engrossed in another celebrities fame and fortune, this is such a new experience for me and I'm lovin every minute of it. I hate, with a vengeance, when he is dissed or not given what I feel are the accolades he deserves but I've reached a point in my fandom where I don't worry about him becoming the best loved entertainer of all time. I'm just content to believe that he will be successful enough to sing to me until I croak.

This post brought to you by the letter "I". :)

My shameful admission du jour: I have never seen Titanic. Yeah, I'm the one person in North America that never saw that particular flick thats like the highest grossing movie of all time.

The only other thing I have to offer is this amusing little emoticon I lifted out of Mandler's story thread at CV. That happy little twirling yellow b*tch annoys me!

Wheehit-1.gif

Ole Yeller got me sooo bad........

Oh, gosh! Me, too. I was just a kid, but I remember sobbing and sobbing...not just a few tears.

Dang, but this board moves fast!! This is the first chance I've had to be on all day, and it will take me all evening to go back and catch up....at which point I'll be behind again. :wacko:

I better get to reading.

I guess I'm going to the heartland..I'm going to try for Omaha and Merrillville. There, I decided.

WhooHoo!!!! Good for you!!!

Have I mentioned I'm doing the Chicago three-fer??? :cryingwlaughter:

bottlecap OH.........MY...........GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twirly girl is my favourite emoticon!!!! A pox on that flying pan flinging bully!!!!

I guess I'm going to the heartland..I'm going to try for Omaha and Merrillville. There, I decided.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: I hope we get to meet then, Couchie! I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Omaha, too. I would imagine that jamar will go to that one :whistling-1: and whither she goestss, I too will go.

Can we start EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeing now?

Edited by Bookwhore

So now we are talking sad movies? Don't watch sad movies, I am more of a Musical girl myself and black and white movies from the 40's (Casablanca is my all time favorite), but I will admit that It's a Wonderful Life, gets me teary-eyed everytime.

Yay! for the Omaha date! I am only doing Merrillville, but I am happy for those in the area!

Kim

Why do I feel like setting up an FCA map, where people can post the different places they live without leaving their names? I have been to Omaha and what I remember is that it is in the middle of a lot of open land. I was in Lincoln and it was a long drive from there and there was really nothing to do in the summer once you visit the gardens and I remember it was 104 one day and a very dry wind sucked all the moisture out of you. I also remember that I could not get good corn because all the corn was growing for cattle, I was quite disappointed after passing field after field of corn. It must be a long drive for some of you - so how far are you traveling to get there?

ETA - the above post is brought to you from a prejudiced beach bum (completely ignorant of the center of the country): no beach, no fun.

Edited by playbiller

Ah Mandler, we must be kindred spirits. I have been known to embarrass myself in front to animated Disney films, myself. When I saw "The Fox and the Hound," I sobbed so much people turned around to stare.

I remember crying in "Old Yeller" too. Of course, I cried when Frosty the Snowman melted in the cartoon!

Another sad movie -- "Life is Beautiful"

There is something cathartic in a really good tear-jerker, sometimes.

And Couchie and Ansa, THANK YOU for starting and maintaining this place. It's been a refuge and a source of joy when I really needed it.

How about Forrest Gump standing at the grave ... "He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am."

Oh, for God's sake. Stop that. Here....maybe this will help:

muskicrop.jpg

lovelyshot.jpg

puckerup-1.jpg

riveting.gif

adjustment.jpg

lordofthering2qa0.gif

Crap. I got interrupted before I could post this and now I bet a bunch of other posts happened already.

Ah Mandler, we must be kindred spirits. I have been known to embarrass myself in front to animated Disney films, myself. When I saw "The Fox and the Hound," I sobbed so much people turned around to stare.

I remember crying in "Old Yeller" too. Of course, I cried when Frosty the Snowman melted in the cartoon!

Another sad movie -- "Life is Beautiful"

There is something cathartic in a really good tear-jerker, sometimes.

And Couchie and Ansa, THANK YOU for starting and maintaining this place. It's been a refuge and a source of joy when I really needed it.

Why do I feel like setting up an FCA map, where people can post the different places they live without leaving their names? I have been to Omaha and what I remember is that it is in the middle of a lot of open land. I was in Lincoln and it was a long drive from there and there was really nothing to do in the summer once you visit the gardens and I remember it was 104 one day and a very dry wind sucked all the moisture out of you. I also remember that I could not get good corn because all the corn was growing for cattle, I was quite disappointed after passing field after field of corn. It must be a long drive for some of you - so how far are you traveling to get there?

ETA - the above post is brought to you from a prejudiced beach bum: no beach, no fun.

Play, I'm in Kansas City, so Omaha is just about 3.5 or 4 hrs from here....a short trip by midwest standards. I'll go up the morning of the concert and drive home early the next morning. Wichita is also about the same distance. Clay doesn't come to KC very often, so I have to be happy and tha-rilled and EEEEEEEEEEEE a lot whenever I don't have to fly to a concert.