#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

saddest movie ever - Sophie's Choice

Yes, another sad one for sure!

muskicrop.jpg

lovelyshot.jpg

I want to pet it

I want to pet it

I want to pet it

Well what do you know, my last pet ended me up on the top again. I like to be on top, I like to be on top, I like to be on top.

Edited by Toots

Why do I feel like setting up an FCA map, where people can post the different places they live without leaving their names? I have been to Omaha and what I remember is that it is in the middle of a lot of open land. I was in Lincoln and it was a long drive from there and there was really nothing to do in the summer once you visit the gardens and I remember it was 104 one day and a very dry wind sucked all the moisture out of you. I also remember that I could not get good corn because all the corn was growing for cattle, I was quite disappointed after passing field after field of corn. It must be a long drive for some of you - so how far are you traveling to get there?

ETA - the above post is brought to you from a prejudiced beach bum (completely ignorant of the center of the country): no beach, no fun.

How long has it been since you were in Omaha? The city stretches as far as the eye can see now. It's even incorporated a couple of small towns, I believe...jamar would know more.

I live 4 hrs. from there but I live 4 hrs. from everywhere so that's nothing new. It's all interstate so no biggie...I'm just excited he's actually coming to Nebraska!!!

I was in Omaha over 20 years ago and I did not have a car to go anywhere by myself, so I was limited to going out in the evenings with the others who were busy during the day and we were in Lincoln - and 8 hour round trip would have been a bit much to ask. Omaha was nice, but it was so empty, the college was so much a part of the city and it was summer. There were movies and restaurants and I guess some stores, but not a lot where we drove around. I did spend what time I could in the various gardens and eat in a good steak house, but no good corn on the menu.

I was in Omaha over 20 years ago and I did not have a car to go anywhere by myself, so I was limited to going out in the evenings with the others who were busy during the day and we were in Lincoln - and 8 hour round trip would have been a bit much to ask. Omaha was nice, but it was so empty, the college was so much a part of the city and it was summer. There were movies and restaurants and I guess some stores, but not a lot where we drove around. I did spend what time I could in the various gardens and eat in a good steak house, but no good corn on the menu.

I think you'd be surprised at how much it's grown. We don't have the mountains, like Denver, but the performing arts community is big and gaining momentum. The Orpheum theater is absolutely beautiful and their theater season is pretty impressive.

I would live in Omaha in a New York minute...but...I'd have to move! :RedGuy:

Edited by jumpingjacks

Why do I feel like setting up an FCA map, where people can post the different places they live without leaving their names? I have been to Omaha and what I remember is that it is in the middle of a lot of open land. I was in Lincoln and it was a long drive from there and there was really nothing to do in the summer once you visit the gardens and I remember it was 104 one day and a very dry wind sucked all the moisture out of you. I also remember that I could not get good corn because all the corn was growing for cattle, I was quite disappointed after passing field after field of corn. It must be a long drive for some of you - so how far are you traveling to get there?

ETA - the above post is brought to you from a prejudiced beach bum: no beach, no fun.

Play, I'm in Kansas City, so Omaha is just about 3.5 or 4 hrs from here....a short trip by midwest standards. I'll go up the morning of the concert and drive home early the next morning. Wichita is also about the same distance. Clay doesn't come to KC very often, so I have to be happy and tha-rilled and EEEEEEEEEEEE a lot whenever I don't have to fly to a concert.

Are you driving through corn fields at 35 miles per hour? Cause it should only take you about 2 1/2 hours. :cryingwlaughter: I keed but honestly, I can drive from Fayettteville, Arkansas to Omaha in 6 1/2 hours. It takes me 3 1/2 to 4 hours to KC and then about 2 1/2 on into Omaha on I-29. By the why if anyone comes North on I-29 watch your speed. They love to give speeding tickets and you never see them coming. :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously I think the Orpheum is a nice venue and it is in downtown area. There is a Hilton and two other Hotels within walking distance I believe. I recommend checking the weather reports because winter in Omaha can be bad. Snow can start early there and they get tons of it. Or at least they did when I lived there.

playbiller I think you would be surprised by the city now if you haven't been there in 20 years. There is a nice park downtown and they restored the old market area there as well. Not only that they have the World Series games there at Rosenblatt Stadium and have a wonderful zoo. I think the population was about 400,000 when I lived there. Yes on the great steak houses. This is beef country people. You can fall out of one great steak house and crawl into another.

How about Forrest Gump standing at the grave ... "He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am."

Oh dear. Just reading that made me tear up a little. *sniff* Love me some Forrest.

Ah Mandler, we must be kindred spirits. I have been known to embarrass myself in front to animated Disney films, myself. When I saw "The Fox and the Hound," I sobbed so much people turned around to stare.

I don't remember what I did when I saw it as a kid, but when I rewatched it a few years ago, I was half sick from crying after the first few minutes! So sad!

And just cause....

th_Dsc05318.jpg

I tend to avoid sad movies anyway.

Me too. Cuz they're like...sad. But the one that gets me every time is the last 20 minutes of the movie Glory. Eeeep. The music starts to well, the camera pans the beach and I sob until the picture fades. Every. Time.

I guess I'm going to the heartland..I'm going to try for Omaha and Merrillville. There, I decided.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :RedGuy:

I have been to Omaha and what I remember is that it is in the middle of a lot of open land. I was in Lincoln and it was a long drive from there

Is about 50 minutes...piece of cake.

It must be a long drive for some of you - so how far are you traveling to get there?

I dunno about Bookwhore or jumpingjacks but I'll be doing the covered wagon thing so barring any random buffalo stampedes or dust storms it should only take a few days.

:cryingwlaughter:

How long has it been since you were in Omaha? The city stretches as far as the eye can see now. It's even incorporated a couple of small towns, I believe...jamar would know more.

:ninja: :glare: :angry2:

My community (age 132) of 8,000 people was just forcibly annexed by Omaha in March...after a 2 1/2 year legal fight. Since I also worked for my city it was a touchy situation for a while. And very sad in many ways. But life goes on. Omaha's okay, I guess. I prefer Minneapolis. Except for the traffic.

But yes EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Clay is coming to NEBRASKA!!!!! And maybe Couchie too! I was sorta hoping he'd be at the new performing arts center. Opened last winter around Christmas time. It gets lots of publicity. But the Orpheum seems nice. Historic. Nice redone historic...not like the Brady historic. Hee.

Edited by jamar1700

It must be a long drive for some of you - so how far are you traveling to get there?

I dunno about Bookwhore or jumpingjacks but I'll be doing the covered wagon thing. :cryingwlaughter:

Well, be careful when ya hit town...we still ain't got those cowboys to tie their horses up when they're in the saloons, wetting those whistles. :medium-smiley-070:

Are you driving through corn fields at 35 miles per hour? Cause it should only take you about 2 1/2 hours. :cryingwlaughter: I keed but honestly, I can drive from Fayettteville, Arkansas to Omaha in 6 1/2 hours. It takes me 3 1/2 to 4 hours to KC and then about 2 1/2 on into Omaha on I-29. By the why if anyone comes North on I-29 watch your speed. They love to give speeding tickets and you never see them coming. :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, my point exactly. But nope. Mapquest gives it 3 hrs. 18 min., and I stop for bathroom break and to eat, so 3.5 is pretty standard. I usually do the speedlimit (more or less).

Congratulations on breaking the sound barrier, though. :)

Are you driving through corn fields at 35 miles per hour? Cause it should only take you about 2 1/2 hours. :cryingwlaughter: I keed but honestly, I can drive from Fayettteville, Arkansas to Omaha in 6 1/2 hours. It takes me 3 1/2 to 4 hours to KC and then about 2 1/2 on into Omaha on I-29.

Yeah, my point exactly. But nope. Mapquest gives it 3 hrs. 18 min., and I stop for bathroom break and to eat, so 3.5 is pretty standard. I usually do the speedlimit (more or less).

Congratulations on breaking the sound barrier, though. :)

Well your way over on the other side of KC. It does only take me around 2 1/2 hours to get to Platte City. Which is a hop skip and a jump from the airport. Which is where I'm mostly headed.

---

Yep...only place I've ever been stopped for speeding Clazor. Coming back from the Christmas show 2 years ago even. Nice State Trooper let me off with just a warning tho. :eusa_whistle:

Edited by jamar1700

Well, be careful when ya hit town...we still ain't got those cowboys to tie their horses up when they're in the saloons, wetting those whistles. :medium-smiley-070:

MMMmmmmgood. Nuthin' tastier than a cowboy with a wet whistle wearing a pair of chaps and tight jeans. :Thud:

So now we are talking sad movies? Don't watch sad movies, I am more of a Musical girl myself and black and white movies from the 40's (Casablanca is my all time favorite), but I will admit that It's a Wonderful Life, gets me teary-eyed everytime.

Yay! for the Omaha date! I am only doing Merrillville, but I am happy for those in the area!

Kim

Since Bottlecap admitted she'd neer seen Titanic, I'll be brave and admit I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life. And I probably really am the only person in America who hasn't. I think I've always been a bit afraid that it wouldn't live up to all the hype. :noidea:

I really don't cry in the theater, am much to self concious. Yeah, I'm silly that way. Sitting on my couch I can really cry buckets.

Lots of sniffels during Kramer versus Kramer and always during One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. One of my favorite romantic movie was Before Sunrise.

ETA of course now you have long moved on. Talking xmas show. Now there's something to sob about. :cry4: I don't think he's ever going to come back to my neck of the woods. Saw him in San Jose for the JNT. Great voice, terrible acoustics.

Edited by woo lovereyes

Oh, are we making True Confessions?

**deep breath**

I....I hat

I..dislik

I strongly dislike verging on playhate....Its A Wondeful Life. It's just tooooo sappy for me, although I love Jimmy Stewart. And I've never seen the ending of Titanic. I turned it off before it ended and pretended that everyone got rescued and lived happily ever after. :cryingwlaughter:

:andthetruth:

Whew! Just got caught up after a long day at work.

I do think some people feed off negative energy, though - for whatever reason. Just like there are people who create drama in their personal lives, there are people who try to create drama in the fandom - if not for everyone (such fun when that happens), for themselves.

Ah, yes, I know this type quite well. I've worked in hospitals for years, and after awhile you can tell in a minute who the drama queens & kings are. And you learn to do what you need to do for them, no more, and get the heck out of their rooms. Maybe that sounds bitchy, but these people will suck you dry and spit you out, leaving nothing for anyone else if you let them. Same thing in the fandom. That's why I'm here at FCA!

I think you'd be surprised at how much it's grown. We don't have the mountains, like Denver, but the performing arts community is big and gaining momentum. The Orpheum theater is absolutely beautiful and their theater season is pretty impressive.

Ah, yes, Denver. I live in a suburb of Denver. It's so nice to see the mountains in the distance when you're driving places. And we go to the mountains frequently for little get-aways. Here's one of my pics of a pond close to my parent's mountain house:

IMG_0325.jpg

How about Forrest Gump standing at the grave ... "He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am."

Oh dear. Just reading that made me tear up a little. *sniff* Love me some Forrest.

I cried at Forrest Gump, too. Such a sweet, beautiful movie.

YAY for the Omaha concert!! I'd love to go - it's not that far from Colorado. But I'm sooooooo busy with performances and concerts at Christmastime. It's really hard to get away in December. I will be going to Wichita, since it's in November and not too far from Colorado.

ETA: Yesssss! I'm on top. I like being on top. Hubby likes it, too.

Edited by Gibby

Are we still talking about movies that make you cry?? Sad movies?

Just about any movie will make me cry - I am a born blubberer!

I teared up at the end of "Galaxy Quest"! I like happy endings mostly!

Another time recently I found myself tearing up was listening to Book #7

(Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) at the end when he was walking into the forest!

Sad movies? Bring on the box of Klennex!!

Here are a couple more lipbite photos... (sorry they aren't bigger!)

Bitmap-125_jpg.jpg

Bitmap-130_jpg.jpg

Edited by cha cha trusty

And I've never seen the ending of Titanic. I turned it off before it ended and pretended that everyone got rescued and lived happily ever after. :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH and :lmaosmiley-1:

And I've never seen the ending of Titanic. I turned it off before it ended and pretended that everyone got rescued and lived happily ever after. :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH and :lmaosmiley-1:

Bookie you are my kind of person.

Denial lives!! :clap:

QUOTE(Couch Tomato @ Sep 6 2007, 04:18 PM)

I guess I'm going to the heartland..I'm going to try for Omaha and Merrillville. There, I decided.

Now, you stop that right now, Couchie! How the hell am I supposed to explain to my family that I wanna go to a Clay weekend right before Christmas?

Huh?

Now...I MEAN it! Stop it!

right now

imeanit

youstop

Edited by muskifest