#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

I'm so late to the discussion and have only read half of what I missed. Still catching up with a lot more to read. I still don't understand the gossip about anyone's sexuality. Like someone once said, it is Clay's own truth not mine or anyone else's. Anyway, based on Clay's reaction to women and because I take him at his word, I've never had any doubts about him. I believe him and don't think he is a liar. And it makes me happy to think that I've never doubted him. I'm only speaking for myself here.

He is a story teller when it comes to being on stage and entertaining people. When it comes to his stage act, he will exaggerate for effect. Isn't that what comics/story tellers do?

What bottlecap said about viewing hits as currency is a great point. No way do I spend money on the hater sites in any way.

That crooner cd sounds great. I've never heard most of those songs by those singers. Looks like it could be a nice addition to my Christmas CD list.

Don't have any dreams or real fantasies but I would love to go to a long lunch with Clay and just talk. I think he is so smart that I would love to have a intelligent conversation with him. Well it would be intelligent on his side....as for me well..... :whistling-1:

Do you suppose if we all think "Blog!" at the same time, we'll get one tonight?

I miss him.... :wub:

Thinking.....thinking.....thinking......thinking.....thinking...................

BWAH couchie--you're going to have so much fun!!!

True Bottlecap . A matter of public record but how many people normally go looking through public records for info that doesn't relate to them?

Clay related? Frighteningly, quite a few, I think. It's sad. So sad...

How refreshing to see those words when not attached to a poddie conspiracy theory! :RedGuy:

He is a story teller when it comes to being on stage and entertaining people. When it comes to his stage act, he will exaggerate for effect. Isn't that what comics/story tellers do?

Exactly, which is the whole point. Too many people take his banter as a presentation of facts, to believed just as they are stated. He also does it when on talk shows, where a good story is also really important to carry off. Again, some fans take these things so literally. Sigh.

But yeah, he's a natural storyteller, isn't he? So funny. So entertaining.

Yee haw, first post all day and where am I? Where else?

Edited by jmh123

Received both my Crooner's Christmas CD and the Children with Special Needs Chicken Soup for the Soul today. A portion of each Chicken Soup sold goes to TBAF, so it's all good for the kids.

The CD is all good for meeeeeeeeeee!!!

:RedGuy:

Oh my - just began looking through the Chicken Soup book and the very first entry is "Welcome To Holland." A lot of parent's with special need's children will know this - it meant a lot to me when our son was diagnosed. It was my "someone understands" required reading. Our son opened our eyes to how very special these children are, when he was born 13+ year ago. Then Clay came along and sealed the deal for me. I work with special needs kids myself now - they're precious souls, each and every one. I think I'm going to love this book. :)

Mods - I hope it's ok to post this here - if not, please feel free to move :)

Welcome to Holland

by Emily Perl Kingsley, 1987

"I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this......

When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting.

After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland."

"Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."

But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay."

The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place.

So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met.

It's just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts.

But everyone you know is busy coming and going from Italy... and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned."

And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away... because the loss of that dream is a very very significant loss.

But... if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland.

Edited by PuddinsJoy

Recently I heard someone mention something about a montage of the funny banter from the DCAT tour. Does anyone know what it's called? I'm not usually a montage person, I'll watch them on YouTube but seldom download them to keep. But this funny banter one sounds like something I'd like.

Recently I heard someone mention something about a montage of the funny banter from the DCAT tour. Does anyone know what it's called? I'm not usually a montage person, I'll watch them on YouTube but seldom download them to keep. But this funny banter one sounds like something I'd like.

I only know of the scruffy13 Best of the Banter series. Is that what you mean?

I wanna have Cindilu's dream/fantasy! That vibrating throat thing might be kinda nice... heh. :whistling-1: JEESUS!

Couchie... you can.not plan your Xmas tour travelling without me! What are you doing?!?! Wait up!

Do you have tickets and shit?

I should be in the concert forum, shouldn't I?

LOL

scruffy has a whole slew of montages here via Clack Unlimited. She's done these for every tour, and then for every show for each tour. In other words, there's LOTS to download here. I'm getting ALL of these from the DCAT and then will burn to DVD!

You might also be thinking of this series from sorkid.

Yes, I'm down with cindilu's fantasy too. Wasn't there something about Alison Glock slow dancing with Clay? I remember reading that and thinking "um, yeah. I could do that."

YSRN come to the heartland with couchie! I wanna meet you!

Oh my - just began looking through the Chicken Soup book and the very first entry is "Welcome To Holland." A lot of parent's with special need's children will know this - it meant a lot to me when our son was diagnosed. It was my "someone understands" required reading. Our son opened our eyes to how very special these children are, when he was born 13+ year ago. Then Clay came along and sealed the deal for me. I work with special needs kids myself now - they're precious souls, each and every one. I think I'm going to love this book. :)

Mods - I hope it's ok to post this here - if not, please feel free to move :)

Welcome to Holland

by Emily Perl Kingsley, 1987

"I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this......

<snip>

The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place.

So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met.

<snip>

It's just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts.

<snip>

But... if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland.

Gosh, it's hard not to quote the whole thing. I read this on Amazon when I was looking "inside this book" on their site the other day. I was really struck by it, so I'm glad you posted it again.

Edited by jmh123

I noticed right away!!!

:DoClay:

Oh, me too. I was thankful for the larger version. I've been mesmerized by it all night. Do we know yet which video it's from?

I'm pretty certain it's from Hartford, but don't know which performance.

Wish I had a bigger hard drive and could have kept all my JNT06 video - but alas, SRHPT has completely taken over :)

I noticed right away!!!

:DoClay:

Oh, me too. I was thankful for the larger version. I've been mesmerized by it all night. Do we know yet which video it's from?

I'm pretty certain it's from Hartford, but don't know which performance.

Wish I had a bigger hard drive and could have kept all my JNT06 video - but alas, SRHPT has completely taken over :)

The file name is DSIAFCD so maybe??

ETA: Hartford DSIAFCD jojoct 2:45 to 2:60.

:Thud:

Just can't keep a good man down.

This is the night before he got sick, isn't it? I love that he's wearing glasses and looking very like Clayton Grissom and still charming the pants off every woman in the house and wielding that weapon of his in those gorgeous pants. And I love that shirt. Love. I'd just like to touch it, you know, with him in it.

Edited by jmh123