#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

DSIAFCD_YUMMM.gif

O.K. now I can have my dream! That man just can't tame his big guy!

OMG!! I just noticed that!!! :hubbahubba:

You ladies are slooowwwww. hee. Why do y'all think I chose that picture for my avi? smokey.gif

Manderly... I FLOVED looking at the double whammy of that picture and your avie in unison... :Thud:

Puddin' Joy... What a neat story. I'm going to buy that book!

Now, off to download Hartford. :whistling-1:

Count me among those that hadn't noticed the 'beauty' of that little video clip, either. Geeee....singing just makes that man so happy, doesn't it? And watching him be so happy, well, it just makes me deliriously overjoyed too. If you know what I mean. And I'm sure some of you do. :whistling-1:

Thanks for everyone who responded to my request for the banter montage. Y'all are good! :clap:

I'm toast from watching the Ft. Myers banter montages. All of it is extra special, and I am blown away watching Clay's face as Quiana sat on his lap and sang WTLGD. That has to be one for the Schmoopie Hall of Fame.

I'm so behind that I had to stop clicking Quote. But, The Hartford wipes out everything else! Thanks for leading me to the light here.

During the movie talk, who mentioned Before Sunrise? I love Before Sunrise, which I first saw after seeing Before Sunset, which totally blew me away. The whole thing is brilliant. I wonder if there will be a third, after another nine years elapses.

The pictures. The avi's. The .gif's. The dreams. You all are killing me here. I've always wanted to slow dance with Clay but I never imagined putting my lips on his throat quiver. *ponders* Yep, I can get on board with that.

I've only had two Clay dreams. The first was when Clay and Jerome pulled up in front of my house, got out of the car and Jerome says to me, "Clay wants to see your bushes". So we walk to the back yard to the patio, which was not connected to the house, it was just this 8 X 8 slab of concrete set right smack in the middle of an otherwise barren lawn with a few scraggly shrubs half heartedly planted around it. Jerome and Clay walk around, look, thank me, then leave.

The other dream? Clay and I were standing in my kitchen, talking, and he took hold of my hands. He leaned in to kiss me and as he did, he slowly put his arms around my waist, all the while holding my hands so they were being held behind my back. He started to kiss me and I woke up *curses the deities*

Those happened about three years ago. No dreams since then *pouts*

Edited by Shadylil

For those who are inclined to vote on things this was posted by Ms. Marmalade at the CH

It's a face off vote on three Idol performances of Unchained Melody, Clay, Kellie Pickler, and Damien somebody the Australian winner. There are YouTubes of each performance. The performances are all very different.

http://www.idolstalker.com/idol-face-off-unchained-melody/

From the Clayboard

Apparently Jesse Vargas has this picture on his myspace with the heading : "On stage with a singin' fool!" th_1343998572_04cf110d8b_o.jpg

BWAH!!! Love me some Jesse!

I know y'all are looking at the package in that avi, but I'm enthralled with the hair and glasses (sorry, CG, but I think you knew that about me....). I sometimes think I'm not programmed to smut very often....

OTOH....

I've only had two Clay dreams. The first was when Clay and Jerome pulled up in front of my house, got out of the car and Jerome says to me, "Clay wants to see your bushes".

That's just dirrrrrrrrrrrty.....

I'm off to a daylong shopping trip today....be good ya'll! Don't smut...too much. And don't post too many pretty pictures either. *g*

I've only had two Clay dreams. The first was when Clay and Jerome pulled up in front of my house, got out of the car and Jerome says to me, "Clay wants to see your bushes".

:cryingwlaughter:

PermaSwooned posted this gorgeous gem - taken as Clay left the stage for the last time in Orlando.

Sniff. Hope to see you again soon, dude! :wub:

OrlandoGoodbye.jpg

awww.....look at that face....those eyes....that little crooked smile...

Is it November yet?

That's exactly what I thought! Thread title? :cryingwlaughter:

---

The guy comes to tear down my shed & haul it away this morning. I will pay him money. The poor squirrels will wonder what happened to their hotel. Hee. Next week the guy will start my siding project. My house is gonna look so sweeeet! Especially since I've been putting off painting until I could afford the siding. The neighbors may just have themselves a little parade when they see this.

I have no business being a homeowner. :blush:

----

Other than that I plan to see a movie this weekend. Stardust? Anyone?

Edited by jamar1700

That's exactly what I thought! Thread title? :cryingwlaughter:

It's what I thought right off the bat, too. Shadylil you missed your opportunity for a sex dream and didn't even know it! No wonder he didn't stay longer....you missed your cue! :cryingwlaughter:

**sigh** I have to work today. Have fun, y'alls

Good Morning Everyone,

48 Days until Clay is live at Lincoln Center!

59 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

79 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

101 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

104 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hee - sort of a companion to one of my dreams. Clay was standing in front of my bushes watering my lawn. Too bad I was watching from the window, wishing I could talk with him.

:26:

Edited by duckyvee

I don't know if this one has been posted before - but if it has I need to turn in my Claymate card for missing it. Can there be any wonder why my fantasy is to put my lips on that throat?

Good god, y'all. It oughta be a crime not to see the sexy in this man.

187344585-O.jpg

and for bottlecap... :RedGuy:

192036983-L.jpg

I'm toast from watching the Ft. Myers banter montages. All of it is extra special, and I am blown away watching Clay's face as Quiana sat on his lap and sang WTLGD. That has to be one for the Schmoopie Hall of Fame.

I've heard a lot about the banter in Pala, so I guess I should download some of that Clack. But, for me, hands down the best banter of the tour was in Ft. Myers. He was just so incredibly funny that night! I was so surprised at how funny he was because I thought he'd be so tired after traveling from Atlanta the night before! I don't know if he can top that night, but I'm willing to find out!!!!! :clap:

That stubble is going to be the death of me. I just know it. One day, when all the stars align and pigs sprout wings, I'll win one of the new format M&Gs and smoosh my face up against his and feel that stubble and then burst into flame (is it flame? or flames? I've always wondered).

*sigh*

All that talk of Clay dreams evidently worked. Had another one last night. Very weird, though. And depressing. We were at a funeral together. :(

The pictures. The avi's. The .gif's. The dreams. You all are killing me here. I've always wanted to slow dance with Clay but I never imagined putting my lips on his throat quiver. *ponders* Yep, I can get on board with that.

I've only had two Clay dreams. The first was when Clay and Jerome pulled up in front of my house, got out of the car and Jerome says to me, "Clay wants to see your bushes". So we walk to the back yard to the patio, which was not connected to the house, it was just this 8 X 8 slab of concrete set right smack in the middle of an otherwise barren lawn with a few scraggly shrubs half heartedly planted around it. Jerome and Clay walk around, look, thank me, then leave.

Those happened about three years ago. No dreams since then *pouts*

If you water and fertilize your shrubs he might come back for a second look! :cryingwlaughter:

The guy comes to tear down my shed & haul it away this morning. I will pay him money. The poor squirrels will wonder what happened to their hotel. Hee. Next week the guy will start my siding project. My house is gonna look so sweeeet! Especially since I've been putting off painting until I could afford the siding. The neighbors may just have themselves a little parade when they see this.

Sometimes it really sucks being a homeowner. We had to de-squirrel our attic, and then we had the outside of the house painted. Then we had to take in several of our levelor shades for repair. Damn! Rather expensive summer. But the house is looking real purty now. It's just too bad I couldn't have used some of that money for Clay concerts.

I don't know if this one has been posted before - but if it has I need to turn in my Claymate card for missing it. Can there be any wonder why my fantasy is to put my lips on that throat?

Good god, y'all. It oughta be a crime not to see the sexy in this man.

187344585-O.jpg

Oh, my, that's going to fuel some very nice fantasies! Yummmmm! Thanks for bringing it over.

I was all schmoopy last night about my 15-year old daughter. Her school's drama department is performing 'Alice in Wonderland' this weekend, and she's Alice. She did a fantastic job last night! Now, in another few days, I might be frustrated as heck with her, but I'm schmoopy and happy this weekend. Her boyfriend was the Cheshire Cat - their chemistry on stage was great!

Karen Eh! asked:

Does anyone remember what the camera policy was the last time Clay played Easton, PA?

My hometown. You sure you want to know? Jojo was sitting about 4 seats away from me in the 18th row off to the Quiana side, no aisles anywhere near us and Jerome busted her. Yep, all the way b-a-c-k in the 18th row, surrounded by a multitude of fans. There's not a lot of video from Easton. Good luck if you're planning on trying. I think the Chelsea Orchestra was playing with Clay there.

No Clay dreams last night, sparse bushes or not.

Aiken and Buble—A "Diva" and "Geek" Play the Greek

Dianne Austin--Columnist and Freelance Writer

I saw Aiken first. It was different than past concerts for the former AI star. This show sported no frills, bells or whistles (except those that went off in the minds of the Claymates of course). Unlike Clay's last tour (Jukebox) that had him running from one era of rock n' roll to the next while he ran from one end of the stage to the other , this was a really bare bones presentation. This time Aiken rested on his laurels and relied on the pure power and clarity of his voice to carry the show.

Did it work? You betchya! If there's anyone who can pull off a show of this kind, Aiken can. He does it by simply singing. The only extras we got were his southern boy gift of gab and somewhat corny/dork sense of humor coming out in a medley that spoofed the fact that he is not "cool."

Clay is clever enough to make his country boy image still work, and more than ever, he seems to be happy with who he is and what he's about. He still wears his heart on his sleeve and it's this fact and a down to earth demeanor that are so obviously infused into his pop persona now. Early Aiken showed a bit of a struggle with how he should present himself, but it's clear now who he is--what he gets from his music, his fans, and his life's work.

Mainstays Quiana Parler and Angela Fisher were there as always to back him with vocals and then take center stage to do their own solos. They continue to add beauty, fun, and talent to any evening with Clay. The two women also help the artist get a reprieve each night for just a few minutes when they become the featured soloists and Aiken gets a chance to rest his voice.

The highlight for me was when the artist performed a song he wrote the lyrics to: "Lover All Alone." Producer David Foster wrote the music and the collaboration resulted in a piece that should draw serious attention for Grammy consideration. Will it though? Probably not—it was recorded only on a bonus track for Aiken's last CD entitled "A Thousand Different Ways" and hasn't been heard much. Still, if a tree falls in the forest. . .?? Yes, for me, it does make a sound. And trust me, the sound of Aiken singing "Lover All Alone" is something else.

Speaking of David Foster, here's another commonality that Buble and Aiken share. Foster produces Michael Buble. So there you go!

I went to see Buble at the Greek a couple of weeks after I'd seen Aiken perform. He played to a sold-out crowd and it was magical. Michael's presence and true vocal tone backed by his very BIG band were enough to send me. That kind of music under the stars just seems to be the sort of thing that makes people happy. And Michael Buble milks it for all it's worth.

Sophisticated and savvy, sexy and smart—all those things that girls love—that's what this young artist exudes. His voice? While not coming close to the power and precision of Aiken's, it's good. Buble has a keen tonal quality with a gift for hitting those bottom notes effortlessly. He delivers his big band style of singing with confidence and flare in the clipped, staccato manner that so becomes this genre of music. Michael is slick. He gives a lot, but he makes it all look so easy.

Yet Aiken is the opposite in this respect. When you're through with one of his concerts, you have the sensation of being elated yet drained, of having soared someplace otherworldly, yet being set firmly back down on the ground. Aiken works hard at what he does. The sound comes out of his throat without trying, but the intensity with which he delivers the piece is so thick you can cut it with a knife. We're not always there for the fun of it with Clay, we're often there to feel the blood, sweat and tears he seems to draw upon when he performs as well.

But back to the boys' similarities. Well, they're about the same age—both in the "approaching 30" range. Ironically, however, they exhibit opposite traits with respect to age. Whereas Buble seems older, more mature, worldly and experienced for his age, Aiken exudes youth—innocence, boyish silliness, and naivete. There is even, at times, a bit of immaturity about him. Not so with Buble—he seems to have been around the block a few times, at least. But their age related characteristics seem to fit and are becoming to them, especially considering the type of music each performs. Buble seems older which lends itself well to the "rat-pack" reminiscence. Aiken appears younger with a vulnerability and innocence that envelopes the heart when you hear him croon those lover's ballads.

Is there anything else we can compare between the two pop stars? Yes--neither one is very graceful when it comes to dancing. Clay has always claimed he can't dance, and although he shows an ability to learn some of the moves, he does have two really big feet that can get in his way at times. Buble thinks he's great at it (so it seems), judging from the way in which he attacks the chore, but in actuality, his large frame gives a bit of a hulky, somewhat awkward look when he tries accentuating the blaring horn-blowing notes on the upbeat with his body. He's getting there though. He skids across the floor in his designer suits and Italian shoes and looks like he's having one heck of a party up there doing it. One doesn't get the impression that he's working hard—just that he's having fun.

We all know that Aiken is a self proclaimed geek. But did you know that Michael is supposed to be a diva? He may not have admitted it himself, but his slide trombonist does some quick schtick in the show telling us he's nothing but.

Geeks and divas at the Greek: what's the world coming to? Who would've guessed that two very different yet talented crooners who are just about the same age would be delighting audiences with their voices within weeks of each other at L.A.'s most wonderful outdoor arena?

Well, it was a bit confusing, yet oh so gratifying.

And then I went to see UB40 at the Greek last week. But that's another story.

Dianne Austin--Columnist and Freelance Writer

Thanks for posting that article, Couchie. I saw it yesterday, and was happy that the reviewer included the bolded line:

Sophisticated and savvy, sexy and smart—all those things that girls love—that's what this young artist exudes. His voice? While not coming close to the power and precision of Aiken's, it's good. Buble has a keen tonal quality with a gift for hitting those bottom notes effortlessly. He delivers his big band style of singing with confidence and flare in the clipped, staccato manner that so becomes this genre of music. Michael is slick. He gives a lot, but he makes it all look so easy.

That's what I've always thought about Buble's voice. I just don't get the Buble love. I don't even enjoy hearing him sing. But then, there are those that (amazingly) don't see much to love about Clay.

Edited by Gibby

Thanks couchie. Very interesting article and it leaves no doubt in my mind who Dianne Austin prefers as an artist and person.

I don't mind Buble but wouldn't make any effort to see or hear him.

Oh gawd, she loves LAA. Another one!

Edited by Toots

Thanks couchie. Very interesting article and it leaves no doubt in my mind who Dianne Austin prefers as an artist and person.

I don't mind Buble but wouldn't make any effort to see or hear him.

FYI, I do know that Dianne is a fan and has written many articles in the past about Clay. This is one of her best though. Her claymate card showed a bit less in this one. But eh, don't really care about that. People write what they know and I have no idea if she loved Buble just as much somewhere in her past. Anyway it's a good and interesting article so hope lots of folks read it.