#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Quite frankly only those of us "enthusiastic" fans will know the name Dianne Austin. I hope that regular normal (*g*) people will just read the article and be impressed. She does make him sound good and I didn't think it was too OTT!

Psst another thing I hatessss is the stubble but I lurves LAA....so there I said it!!!

OMG I made it Ma...top of the world...err page!

Edited by merrieeee

Thanks couchie. Very interesting article and it leaves no doubt in my mind who Dianne Austin prefers as an artist and person.

I don't mind Buble but wouldn't make any effort to see or hear him.

FYI, I do know that Dianne is a fan and has written many articles in the past about Clay. This is one of her best though. Her claymate card showed a bit less in this one. But eh, don't really care about that. People write what they know and I have no idea if she loved Buble just as much somewhere in her past. Anyway it's a good and interesting article so hope lots of folks read it.

I saw this yesterday too, and enjoyed it. So what if she's a fan? Clearly we've seen what results when somebody who despises him on priniciple writes a review. And this got caught in google alerts (or so I've been told). Always nice to have something positive there to outweigh the shit.

And Buble? Makes me want to do an injury to somebody. You can NOT turn on Canadian radio and not hear this guy. B.O.R.I.N.G. I'll take my Sinatra wannabe's in the form of Harry Connick Jr., thankyaverymuch.

I've only had two Clay dreams. The first was when Clay and Jerome pulled up in front of my house, got out of the car and Jerome says to me, "Clay wants to see your bushes". So we walk to the back yard to the patio, which was not connected to the house, it was just this 8 X 8 slab of concrete set right smack in the middle of an otherwise barren lawn with a few scraggly shrubs half heartedly planted around it. Jerome and Clay walk around, look, thank me, then leave.
Shady - your dream about the bushes made me LOL! Or as this new comic I saw on TV last night said - LQTM. That stands for Laugh Quietly To Myself - which made me LOL!!

:lmaosmiley-1:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

For those who are inclined to vote on things this was posted by Ms. Marmalade at the CH

It's a face off vote on three Idol performances of Unchained Melody, Clay, Kellie Pickler, and Damien somebody the Australian winner. There are YouTubes of each performance. The performances are all very different.

http://www.idolstalker.com/idol-face-off-unchained-melody/

:clap::clap::clap: You know that performance was pure perfection. He had me sliding off the couch like a pool of drool. :Thud:

That was the best version he ever did of that song, or probably will ever do again. Right tempo, sang without weird facial expressions, hee, didn't overdo the glory notes. Just sheer perfection. I would of payed big money to hear him sing the song in it's entirety that night.

Poor Kelly. She is as cute as a bug's ear, but she shore didn't sing that song very well. Damien did what Clay sometimes has the tendency to do, and that is to slow the song down to a snail's crawl. I really don't care for any artist doing that.

Cindi I'm all for lips on the neck, or any part of Clay, after listening to his Unchained Melody twice this morning. I am his bitch......Plain and simple...No doubt about it. That's the voice and singing style I fell in love with. Thanks for posting the neck picture. WOW He is so lethal with his sexiness.

For all the butt lovers, that would include me.

walkaway1pi.gif

Shot at 2005-03-13

Edited by Clayzorback

I never have understood by Buble gets a pass on doing cov....er...standards and Clay does not. Is it the Canadian connection, David Foster?

Kim

Oh lord. Unchained Melody was my Clay epiphany moment. The moment I moved from, gosh he's cute and he's got the best voice I've ever heard, to Oh. My. God. I love him and I want him and I will never be the same again. I literally slid out of my chair and onto the floor when he finished this performance.

I don't care what any poll says (though I did vote - something I don't ordinarily do). Nobody will ever sing this better than Clay, especially considering what led up to that performance.

I never have understood by Buble gets a pass on doing cov....er...standards and Clay does not. Is it the Canadian connection, David Foster?

Kim

Probably because Clay came from in their words a "glorified karaoke show."

The show is becoming more and more acceptable and I'm glad about that but Clay was season 2 when it was still held in disdain.

LQTM BWAH? I like that one.

I've tried to watch the comedy contest but I always turn it off...too many not funny people n the beginning...maybe I should tune into it later. Is it like Idol in that they get a top 10 eventually?

Thanks for the Diane post.

I have been watching The Last Comic Standing. My favorite one is from Hickory, North Carolina. I just love him. He is funny and actually reminds me of Clay. He has a doofus type humor. :cryingwlaughter: I mean that in a nice way too. He is in the top 3 left. I think his name is John Reep. I sure hope he wins.

I forgot to mention our own FCA site comes up when you goggle for Slosburg Hall/Orpheum info. :eusa_whistle:

I'll admit it - I love Michael Bublé. Saw him in concert a couple years ago, and it was lovely. I don't "love" him the way I "love" Clay, but I enjoy his voice and his style. Not everyone's cup o' tea, of course. I do love that the two men seem to have some sort of friendship. :)

UM - I was in a hotel in Nashville the night of that AI show. When he approached "the note," I held my breath. When he hit it, I stood up on the bed. lol

Kim

Probably because Clay came from in their words a "glorified karaoke show."

The show is becoming more and more acceptable and I'm glad about that but Clay was season 2 when it was still held in disdain.

And in Canada, radio is required to have a certain amount of Canadian content. It sure doesn't hurt him, as far as radio here goes. I guess because he came onto the scene doing that, and has nurtured the whole image - he was accepted more readily.

Kim

Good Morning Guys!

Kim - Michael gets a pass for the standards because that is what made him famous. He's expected to sing the old standards. In his defense, I have to say that I've seen MB in concert and he is a fabulous entertainer, holds the crowd in the palm of his hand much like Clay does, is lots of fun and brings the crowd to its' feet, dancing in the aisles. I think he gets better press than Clay, has never been fodder for comedians and is therefore accepted for what he does and what he does very well.

I really enjoyed DA's review. I have to admit to being a bit disappointed at the end of the article when I realized who had written it but when I stepped back and thought about it - I thought WTH?? No one but "us" know she's a hardcore fan so "All is Well".

I don't care what any poll says (though I did vote - something I don't ordinarily do). Nobody will ever sing this better than Clay, especially considering what led up to that performance.

AI UM is still my favorite version of that song...EVAH! Even now when I hear the Righteous Brothers sing it ... I'm thinkin'. Man this drags...pick up the pace guys. Hee.

---

Well shed guy didn't show. I hate this shit. Doesn't he want my money?

---

My 23 year old DD loves Michael Buble...but hates Josh Groban. 25 year old son loves Groban but can't stand Buble. Go figure. I find them both very meth.

Edited by jamar1700

Kim

Exactly aikim. I think it's because Bubel didn't come from AI and Clay did. Someday Clay will lose that AI moniker.

AI UM is still my favorite version of that song...EVAH! Even now when I hear the Righteous Brothers sing it ... I'm thinkin'. Man this drags...pick up the pace guys. Hee.

Mine too! He came close to it on the JBT, too. It's so funny - UM is the first demo song of Clay's that I heard. I was not online at all prior to the anomaly, but I found that on winmx. I reallllllly wasn't convinced it was Clay, and it wasn't until much later, when I learned of all the demo's existence. The AI version had such an impact on me, I still can't listen to the demo version (and though it's on my harddrive, it's not on any of my playlists).

Kim

Exactly aikim. I think it's because Bubel didn't come from AI and Clay did. Someday Clay will lose that AI moniker.

That is why I hope he never sets foot on the AI stage again; AI5 was one of my favorite TV moments, but I really hope that was his last appearance on the show.

Kim

I'll take my Sinatra wannabe's in the form of Harry Connick Jr., thankyaverymuch.

Oh lord. Unchained Melody was my Clay epiphany moment. The moment I moved from, gosh he's cute and he's got the best voice I've ever heard, to Oh. My. God. I love him and I want him and I will never be the same again. I literally slid out of my chair and onto the floor when he finished this performance.

cindilu2, I agree totally on both these counts... love Harry Connick Jr. And, AI UM... when I saw that I just played it over and over and over. Still can't watch it just once. I think that's a much better tempo, at least for me... LOL

Busy weekend, so I'll probably get wwwaaayyyy behind, but I'll enjoy catching up, I'm sure.

The AI UM is not one of my favorites due to the crap with Vincent; it really pissed me off that they added a verse to Vincent because they were short of time, when they could have let him sing the whole version of UM instead and I didn't like the arrangement; it felt like he was rushing through it.

Kim

UM - I was in a hotel in Nashville the night of that AI show. When he approached "the note," I held my breath. When he hit it, I stood up on the bed. lol

:cryingwlaughter: I'm sorry, but that made me laugh. I can picture it.

How's this for a confession...I never watched AI2 when it was on...I listened somewhat from the other room though while my daughter watched, and maybe caught a performance here and there. I joined the boards after the last show looking for Ruben info for her. That said, even though I've gone back and watched most of Clay's performances I've never seen the group songs or any of the rest. I'm not even sure I've watched all Clay's AI performances....though a few years ago someone yelled at me on a board (YSRN :P) and told me to get thee a DL to watch, so I think I covered them all...but this whole Idol Rewind is going to be a real trip for me.

I think it's because Buble established himself as a crooner from the get go. You knew he was Frank Sinatra Remix. That's not bad. I like Frank too...It's just that he and the public knew what to expect right away. I don't think either the public, his fans, and maybe not even Clay, knows what to expect from him yet.

Kim

That is why I hope he never sets foot on the AI stage again; AI5 was one of my favorite TV moments, but I really hope that was his last appearance on the show.

Kim

IMO Clay will be associated with Idol until the day he dies. Frankly, I don't mind the association. And of all the shows he could go on to promote new music - AI is a force. If he has a record release by May, I hope he goes on Idol to promote it.

About Idol rewind, from what I understand a lot of what made the show special will be CUT OUT...like group sings which AI2 made the standard IMO. Maybe even the video clips introducing them if they need to put all of that info into an hour. My suggesion to you Laughn is to find downloads of the series as it originally aired. I was looking forward to rewind untill I heard so much will probably be edited out. I was hosting the video at one time but never leave it up too long because they are notorious for going after sites that carry it but perhaps as Idol rewind airs for season 2 I will put up the corresponding full episode for the week.

I have the full episode downloads, and would be happy to burn them for anybody who wants (for viewing on the puter). PM me.

ETA: I agree, canuck and couchie. If he's got the Idol tag for life anyway, why not take advantage of their huge audience? Love it or hate it, it's still a powerhouse of ratings. And Clay has proven that he can make the sweetest lemonade out of anything they throw at him. So bring it on!!!

(see what I get for being nice? On top again!!)

Edited by cindilu2

I guess it's my morning to be the contrarian. :lol:

BUT - if Clay's new CD gets released before the finale of AI next year, I am so hoping he is invited on the show to sing the new single. Can't get any better exposure than that, except for maybe radio. And Please, please, please, have him for a whole hour on Oprah! These two shows are "hit makers" and I want to see him there! :)

Thanks for the offer of the whole shows cindilu2. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I meant to mention the banter from Sterling Hts. should be pretty amazing also. I haven't listened to the DL yet, but during that show you had the whole PMS conversation plus the talk about Angela leaving the stage when she wasn't feeling well.

I saw this yesterday too, and enjoyed it. So what if she's a fan? Clearly we've seen what results when somebody who despises him on priniciple writes a review. And this got caught in google alerts (or so I've been told). Always nice to have something positive there to outweigh the shit.

So many of the "critics" reviews were obviously biased the other way. If someone who is known to be hatefully biased toward Clay can show their bias in a revew, then I see nothing wrong with someone who is a fan to write a favorable review. I liked the way she compared the 2 performers. She seems to go to lots of different concerts and not just Clay's.

And Buble? Makes me want to do an injury to somebody. You can NOT turn on Canadian radio and not hear this guy. B.O.R.I.N.G. I'll take my Sinatra wannabe's in the form of Harry Connick Jr., thankyaverymuch.

Buble is one of those artist who doesn't affect me much one way or the other. On his covers of standards, I don't think he does enough to make the songs his own. How's that for an AI type critique? I liked the original song of "Home" better than his covers.

Poor Kelly. She is as cute as a bug's ear, but she shore didn't sing that song very well. Damien did what Clay sometimes has the tendency to do, and that is to slow the song down to a snail's crawl. I really don't care for any artist doing that.

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with her version. She is cute though. It's funny, Clay's fans have such a reputation for spamming polls and it doesn't seem like that criticism is launched against others as much. Early this am when I brought that poll over. Clay had 426 votes I think, and you could barely see any votes registered for either Kellie or Damien. It does look like Kellie's fans have wind of the poll now too. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ok, I'm leaving this post as is maybe someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong with the quote thingy.

- fixed it for ya. bc

How's this for a confession...I never watched AI2 when it was on...I listened somewhat from the other room though while my daughter watched, and maybe caught a performance here and there. I joined the boards after the last show looking for Ruben info for her. That said, even though I've gone back and watched most of Clay's performances I've never seen the group songs or any of the rest. I'm not even sure I've watched all Clay's AI performances....though a few years ago someone yelled at me on a board (YSRN :P) and told me to get thee a DL to watch, so I think I covered them all...but this whole Idol Rewind is going to be a real trip for me.

I think it's because Buble established himself as a crooner from the get go. You knew he was Frank Sinatra Remix. That's not bad. I like Frank too...It's just that he and the public knew what to expect right away. I don't think either the public, his fans, and maybe not even Clay, knows what to expect from him yet.

Newbies, newbies, newbies - there are megauploads of all the series in the AI restropsective thread here.

I don't now, I was interested in Clay early on, but not enamored. I thought Motown the musical was rather magnetic, but BUMB was the big time sale - I swear when I saw that it struck me how Clay was so professional and polished and the rest were amatuer hour.