#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

I take it, Clay hasn't blogged yet?

I take it this has wiped all other conversations out of people's mind?

I take it nobody has pretty pictures to look at?

I guess I'll go back to work :cryingwlaughter:

Nope

Not for me (there's a whole Christmas tour before any of the possibilities happen (or don't). Let's see how he torpedos his career with that, first, m'kay?)

Lots of pretty pictures please!

Work is over-rated!

And to KAndre's #8 above. Not going because you wouldn't be interested is one thing, not going to 'punish' Clay or to teach him a lesson? Warped.

I totally agree with luckiest1 et al - one thing does not automatically preclude another. But shoot first and ask questions later seems to be the modus operandi of a lot of people in this fandom. God forbid we actually see what transpires before declaring it a mistake.

(ETA: playbiller: BWAH! Yeah, that might have crossed my mind here and there)

For the record though? I never declared to love him unconditionally, I declared (and still do) to SUPPORT him unconditionally)

Edited by cindilu2

I'm just really curious to know if this is true. There's no doubt I'd support it. I think it would be a kickass show. Whether it's the best thing for his career is debatable. But this wouldn't be the first time Clay chose to do something that isn't perfect for a rocket to the sky career and it won't be the last. I understand all the reasons and can think of a few more why it shouldn't happen. My brain is working over time wondering WOULD Clay do this? Damn I'm intrigued - it's never boring, that's for sure.

Love Clay unconditionally?

I thought it was (make) love (to) Clay unconditionally!

'Cause I'm kinky like that.

Jesus Is Love showing up on lickiest's iPod is clearly a sign that the planets have aligned (I watched some Nostradamus show last night - which is also a sign) and Clay is fated to before Nicole Richie's newest love interest. He will offer her a pork chop, and she will follow him everywhere.

I'm being silly. It was some mac 'n cheese. That Tyra made him. Except now Tyra's pissed off. And KLo is the anti-Nicole. I saw it in a vision.

My only new thought this morning is the big IF this happens - then I don't see how this can be laid in anybody's lap but Clay. Not RCA. Not 19. Not SAM. Not Ruben. Not Kim. It's always interested me that when many things happen that we don't like it's somebody else controlling Clay. This has Clay written all over it IMO. Maybe we will learn differently but I believe that for now. This just so sounds like something he would want to do.

I see Ansa believes it's more serious than I do at the moment.

I still don't believe it, yet.

I believe it. A "rumor" on Billboard and a performer's myspace isn't a rumor; it's communication without owning up to it.

*tappiing foot impatiently while waiting for the cute guy to sell me the package*

Yes, it seems to have his fingerprints all over it. But now would be a good time to hear what he plans to do with it. For this thing to succeed, there has to be a lot of goodwill and give-and-take among the fandoms. Sadly, it's not starting off on the right foot because the news is arriving wrapped in the PR package of Kim's new album. Like anything else, he needs to sell it. Now would be a good time to dream up some cute stunt involving the 3 of them, so that we'll all go awww, they're so wonderful together. (thinks back to a year ago)

My best case scenario is:

(1) KAndre's vision of intimate venues with lots of R&B --- simply exquisite.

(2) Clay producing the show and in control.

(3) Lots of fun and laughter; fans of each person appreciating the two other performers.

It's a show that I'd like to see as a singular event, eg. like the 3 tenors historic show at the Baths of Caracalla but not necessarily as a 20-stop tour.

My worst case scenario is:

(1) large arenas with equal allocation to each of the 3 fan clubs during the pre-sales; if you normally get 10th row you probably can count on 20th to 30th this time. Yes, we would still have to battle for front row because everyone who's currently swearing that they refuse to go will turn to jello once the presales start. Even they know that.

(2) A 2 hour set composed of:

3-4 solo songs per person

6 duets (2 for each pair)

2-3 trios

Think of the DCAT with Clay singing only RHW & TOA in the first half and then ATD & WY in the second. (feel free to substitute your favorite MOAM, LAA or BYLM but keep it down to two) The rest of the show is made up of duets and trios (with Clay absent during 2 of the duets) and 8 solo songs by spectacular singers only they're not Clay. We're used to hearing 10 or more songs from Clay on every tour and while my mind keep saying "it's all good", my heart is kicking and screaming in horror.

(3) A more structured show where Clay can't just go off and do whatever gets into his head at that point; Stricter time limits and rules in and out of the venues.

In the end, to me it's all a question of logistics and my level of patience in listening to 8 solos & 2 non-Clay duets at every.single.show.

Why bother to whine when you can pout prettily?

any more duet suggestions... what radio darling should Clay piggy back on to gain access to that medium. I think I've only seen Aguilara and Clarkson..but I think maybe something more shocking is in order.. maybe a guy... maybe a rapper with Clay singing the melody runs and hides

Love your post scarlett... I think the only part of the scenario I don't like is probably half of Ruben's solos. If he sings R&B stuff, fine. If it's the hip hop wanna be crap, I'll need a bathroom break.

here's some more

good

1) national PR campaign that spells out everything Clay has been up to, begins the narrative for upcoming "fall" release - everything from magazines to tv which also coincides with Idol rewind.

I realize that this would be in bad column for those that hate the idol connection.

bad

2) fan wars are evil...then again it's the internet fans that are evil not the common not in the loop fan and if you well just stay away from Kim and Ruben fan sites don't see the problem - I've never known KLO fans to be a problem.

and frankly Kelly Clarkson made Ruben fans look like amateurs

I suppose the same people who wouldn't go to a show in order to teach Clay a lesson are the same ones who would 'support' him by not buying ATDW (or show him how much they love him by going to the bathroom during Quiana's solo's or talking through Angie's or roll their eyes and boo when he spends precious moments giving someone other than them attention... but I digress).

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ding dang it, Scarlett! Leave me my delusions about people abandoning the front row!

Better case scenario - Clay, KLo & Ruben singing in merrieeee's backyard. We know she's weak - she'll go for it. We can watch them from the hot tub.

Hey, if I'm gonna be delusional, I'm gonna be real delusional.

I'm with Scarlett ( :F_05BL17blowkiss: and :lilredani: as I wait to hear of a kickass "Best of Florida DCAT" dvd in the works... :whistling-1: ) here. If it IS happnin', I'd certainly like to feel lick suck hear it from Clay's own lips.

And if it's happnin', I say fine for a one-time super-dooper special event or a few appearances in choice intimate venues to make it be vrrrry special to get a ticket to....

whatever....Clay's gonna do whom theluckybitch what he's gonna do :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by muskifest

Better case scenario - Clay, KLo & Ruben singing in merrieeee's backyard. We know she's weak - she'll go for it. We can watch them from the hot tub

Only if after Clay will join us all in the hot tub.....Hey Clay we'll take care of you, you won't drown!!!!

Ok...I am abandoning all hopes of actually working on my computer tutorials...sigh...

My dream scenario...

venues similar to the DCAT venues.

the band will consist of the usual but may have string quartet and some woodwind and some brass instruments. (still hoping we get some BW)

the format is rather informal...the three of them start the show with one song or even a medley. Then they take turns in doing solos duets and trios...interspersed with just chatting among friends. I think this will be the best way to make sure the fans stay in their seats for every performance.

I am hoping we get a segment where the three of them simply sit on stage and jam on some songs and chat with the audience.

Couchie...other possible duets with Clay??? hey what about with Jennifer Hudson...wonder how their voices will blend together.

But Locke has drop-kicked Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken as the season's real winner.--

Okay, I am not a football afficionado. So, please may I ask what does this mean? I can't seem to tie it in with anything in my small mind sans the football equation.

Thanks for the clarification.

But Locke has drop-kicked Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken as the season's real winner.--

Okay, I am not a football afficionado. So, please may I ask what does this mean? I can't seem to tie it in with anything in my small mind sans the football equation.

Thanks for the clarification.

To my knowledge, drop-kick is a wrestling thing that consists of leaping up and kicking someone in the chest with one or both feet.

Chuck Taylor needs some serious meds, btw. Did all K-lo's sales together add up to ATDW? I don't think I need to point out that I love Kim, and always have (see: Blessings) but radio play not-withstanding - kicking Clay or Ruben to the curb? M'kaaaay.

Can't get all put out by the hyperbole of Chuck Taylor. Was it him that proclaimed MoaM the best pop album since Thriller? I mean I love MoaM, but come on.

Lord, I think I have just fainted..is that KAndre below me explaining something sporty? Or is it just baseball she can't get into. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

There is a drop-kick in football - when ya punt, the kicker drops the balls from chest level and kicks it - I think they were just trying to macho up their review - didn't seem to have worked.

Are you allowed to kick people in wrestling? Are we talking pro or amateur?

Can I admit admit when I see the words "Chuck Taylor" all that comes to mind are tennis shoes?

I hope this "tour" is just a figment of Kim Locke's imagination or maybe a little viral marketing on the part of her publicist.

I'm not much for duets and God forbid trios. The one duet I really loved was "Listen" with Clay and Quiana and that wasn't contrived.

I kinda doubt this tour could be worked out to the point that contracts are signed and I wonder if Ruben could tour at the pace Clay tours.

I'm not going to angst because whatever happens. It's all good. Clay never disappoints me. I just miss him and would love to see Clay under any circumstances.

Edited by merryclay

One thing I never really understood in this fandom was the need for Clay to be the biggest star ever. Not only that but he had to be a rock star too. How mqny employees of a company get ot be the CEO? And of those how many have traded having a family life for this to occur?

How many of the fans who are upset at Clay "Taking a step Backwards" would sacrifice some of their time to be top cat or dog (whatever your preference). I think Clay loves performing in front of an audience and the challange of keeping people interested in his banter is an intellectual one. Undoubtedly why he would like a talk show about current events and probably one of the most difficult type of tv shows in which to participate. Maybe he really does start thinking about Krispie Kremes after more than three songs in a row.

Being famous now a days appears to be more about scandal, gossip and shock value. Yet some of Clay's fans want him to be a star and virtuous. I'm not sure that is at all possible. Some were shocked at his language on this tour. Did I miss something?

Just to make this post more interesting:

IMG_0220.jpg

When I ventured to the OFC yesterday to expose myself to an overdose of my daily angst requirement, I did find these three gifs in someone's siggy that brought a big ole' grin to my face, so I want to share THAT, at least!

takeitoff2-1.gif

0021ydpq.gif

thbwahaha.gif

and then I just had to post this one again because it affects me viscerally and...that's all.

WPBPerfection.jpg

Now....I really MUST stop dropping in here. Work is a bear and I REALLY need to focus...so y'all just stop bothering me, okay? :RedGuy: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by muskifest

I'm not going to angst because whatever happens. It's all good. Clay never disappoints me. I just miss him and would love to see Clay under any circumstances.

Me either! Whatever he does tour-wise, I'll be there. I've loved them all so far, and can't imagine not loving a tour he does (at least his parts). Sooo DITTO and WORD merryclay's final statement. :clap: Just waiting for "o-FISH-ul" word. Until then, I'm in strength conserving mode, you know, for DCA(T).

ETA: Yep, visceral here too, Muski. WOW!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by AnAmeraikenInTX