#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

The only reason I brought up the Kareoke aspect, is because my suspician is that they would be singing a lot of cover songs...probably stuff from AI and I think Clay needs to get away from that. Could be wrong, but that was my gut feeling.

Kim

Isn't it funny how vastly different we all interpret the same information? My initial guy reaction was that they'd open the show all three of them singing "Reunited", then they'd each showcase new tunes that they've recorded since AI. Maybe some R&B, some gosepel, some pop...and whatever Clay's dishing up for us on his next CD..intersperse some trios and duets among them. I really didn't see it (or hope for it) to be an AI Rewind show with them singing the tunes that garnered them each so much attention and votes on the show. I'd love for it to be a showcase for each of what they're up to now.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that this really does happen.

ETA: Oh kewl! Top of the page! :clap: What do I win?

Edited by Bookwhore

I believe this tour will happen. I believe it will be a regular tour. Not a charity tour or an AI2 rewind connection tour. In fact I would bet money on it. I would also bet that it was Clay's idea. Can't blame this one on Clive. I haven't been to any other board to read. I don't consider myself an OTT fan or a member of Team Clay. I don't plan to angst about this tour but I don't plan to go either. Assuming it will happen and I do believe it will.

I woke up this morning and read the news on here, and I can't explain the extreme reaction I had, but I cried. I'm serious. It wasn't tears of joy either. It was more like an overwhelming feeling of sadness.. I cried all the way to work and I am still feeling bad. I can't explain it and I don't want to talk about here, or anywhere else, because I don't want someone trying to make light of my feelings. I am not a boo hoo'er person. This is the first time I have ever had this kind of a reaction to something Clay has decided to do. Even though he has made choices that I didn't like or agreed with before. I still spent my hard money and supported it and I didn't react like this.

I don't wear rose colored glasses. I don't love and support Clay unconditionally. He has disappointed me before. Therefore in order not to bring down the only sane place in the fandom, I will just keep my thoughts to myself. Besides, I can't even explain my reaction to myself, let alone anybody else.

Aww clayzor don't you know us by now. The folks here never would make light of your feelings. The one thing I like about this board is that no-one is made to feel less of a person because of how they feel or think.

I too felt down about this blurb. I just want so much more for him. But that's what I want and not what he wants!

On a lighter note I just noticed your avie and it looks like Clay is nekkid from the waist down...yum!!!!

I woke up this morning and read the news on here, and I can't explain the extreme reaction I had, but I cried. I'm serious. It wasn't tears of joy either. It was more like an overwhelming feeling of sadness.. I cried all the way to work and I am still feeling bad. I can't explain it and I don't want to talk about here, or anywhere else, because I don't want someone trying to make light of my feelings. I am not a boo hoo'er person. This is the first time I have ever had this kind of a reaction to something Clay has decided to do. Even though he has made choices that I didn't like or agreed with before. I still spent my hard money and supported it and I didn't react like this.

Well if there's one thing I learned in stress class is you can't control your feelings - only what you do about them. You'll work through them..or you won't have to because it's just that..an unsustantiated rumour. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Dewdrop below me: I would think split would be something negotiated and one of the things that could most likely derail the train, if there is such a train.

Chiming in to say - yeah, you need to own your feelings because they ARE yours, and there's a reason behind them - just not everyone will understand the reason.

I am one who just can't do the stress. If Prince came out and declared he was touring with Soulja Boy, I would go, 'Huh? Now that's freaky" and keep on stepping.

Part of my problem is that 90% of the stress at the other boards honest to god seems to revolve about what non Clay fans/media/gossip hounds/Kim/Ruben/stray man in the street will think. Most of these people simply will not care. They just don't. Hell, if it works, half the music industry will jump on the bandwagon because the desperation is just rolling off those people. If it doesn't work, it doesn't.

If nothing else, I'm thinking we might get some cheap tickets!

Aww clayzor don't you know us by now. The folks here never would make light of your feelings. The one thing I like about this board is that no-one is made to feel less of a person because of how they feel or think.

I too felt down about this blurb. I just want so much more for him. But that's what I want and not what he wants!

On a lighter note I just noticed your avie and it looks like Clay is nekkid from the waist down...yum!!!!

I know that merrieeee and I love this board for that reason. I still don't want to discuss my feelings about this, or defend them right now. Anywhere. Thanks couchie. I'll get over the sadness. It's his career and he is in the driver seat. No one wants him to succeed anymore than I do. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I don't think it is a rumor though.

I love the photo my avatar is from. He does look nekid and we all know what a perv I am. I see ass and I love it. :eusa_whistle:

shorttshirtanyone_filteredreadyfull.jpg

Here's a scenario:

Clay's Myspace floats the possibility of him touring with, oh let's say.... Christina Aguilera (fill in any name you want here, as long as they've toured successfully and had huge record sales). Christina's boards get wind of it and go crazy, declaring Clay 'beneath' her (down, smutters!) or trying to ride on her coat tails, or that she is taking a step backwards (maybe even career suicide!!!1!!!). How would we react?

This tour is still a rumour, albeit one I am inclined to believe is a real possibility. If he wants to fill up some time touring with his friends, and take advantage of all the publicity that would accompany it - I say more power to him. I don't believe for a second it will take anything away from his new CD for it, or that it will replace any plans to support that 100%.

Here's a scenario:

Clay's Myspace floats the possibility of him touring with, oh let's say.... Christina Aguilera (fill in any name you want here, as long as they've toured successfully and had huge record sales). Christina's boards get wind of it and go crazy, declaring Clay 'beneath' her (down, smutters!) or trying to ride on her coat tails, or that she is taking a step backwards (maybe even career suicide!!!1!!!). How would we react?

This tour is still a rumour, albeit one I am inclined to believe is a real possibility. If he wants to fill up some time touring with his friends, and take advantage of all the publicity that would accompany it - I say more power to him. I don't believe for a second it will take anything away from his new CD for it, or that it will replace any plans to support that 100%.

I totally agree. It seems we have a hard time, sometimes, of putting the shoe on the other foot.

I think people have a right to their feelings - I just hope that things are expressed with grace. I have seen descriptions of Kim in the past that are unncessarily bitchy and it's one of the reasons I won't be venturing out to have a look. One of the concerns is fan wars, which to me are just a symptom of the internet, but it's not always the other side. WE are throwing the first volley on this one. So it would be cool if people expressed themselves in a way that wouldn't tear down others. This may or may not be apt but I'm not going to check. heh.

Thanks everyone... Hi LCV!

clayzor... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I got no drama, no angst, no worries. Clay's a big boy; he'll work a deal he's comfortable with and I'm not going to be all worried that Kim or Rube will get a bigger half of the sammich. Plus...every step he takes doesn't need to be about his ever.important climb up the ladder of artistic success. Besides, every artist/person has up and down cycles in their career... a down doesn't mean destitution... if that were the case, I shoulda packed it all in last year... heh. But now, it's picking up and my choices make sense again. Life. It's crazy, no?

Sanity being relative and all, I doubt this is the only sane board. I didn't see one post by any specific poster out on the internets that surprised me tho. Did you? I think we are all getting to know one another pretty well after four+ years. LOL!

Everyone feels what they feel and that's ok. HUGGS!!!

I don't know of anyone who regrets going to the AI2 tour and that was not al Clay. I've never seen anything that Clay has done that has disappointed me... he is always entertaining. I just know he will make it a fun show! I bet he would be Executive Producer, he and 5230.

Ruben always shined when he was with Clay and I see no reason for that to have changed. Kim has a great voice when she picks the right song. I am very willing to listen to them if it means seeing Clay have fun with his friends... And, it would be a band and let him sing LNM and IYDKMBN... OOHHHH!!!

Bottomline... I have learned to trust him! Plain and simple!

Everyone feels what they feel and that's ok. HUGGS!!!

I don't know of anyone who regrets going to the AI2 tour and that was not al Clay. I've never seen anything that Clay has done that has disappointed me... he is always entertaining. I just know he will make it a fun show! I bet he would be Executive Producer, he and 5230.

Ruben always shined when he was with Clay and I see no reason for that to have changed. Kim has a great voice when she picks the right song. I am very willing to listen to them if it means seeing Clay have fun with his friends... And, it would be a band and let him sing LNM and IYDKMBN... OOHHHH!!!

Bottomline... I have learned to trust him! Plain and simple!

I did see AI2 tour and it was magical, I still don't want to see the three of them together at this time, I would rather see Clay have is own show with Q&A. I do like the blend of Clay and Ruben when they duet,but not enough to see an whole show of them. Not that it's going to make any difference, but thats the way I feel.

Edited by dewdrop

{{{Clayzor}}} I hope you feel better about things soon.

When I say that I think this is the only sane board, I mean that here people are free to voice their opinions, but it is done in a respectful manner, and I don't come here worrying that I am going to see posts that make my blood pressure rise on reading. And I don't see conspiracy theories bandied about as fact.

With that, perhaps I will take a reprieve from the boards this evening and go shopping for some new clothes. The weather here is becoming decidedly fall-like and I don't have much in that vein that fits anymore!

Shit YAY, I am at the top of the page. First time I can remember!

Edited by luckiest1

Freckles are predominantly found on the face, although they may appear on any skin exposed to the sun.

Kandre just watch where you go checkin' for those tasty freckles!!

Edited by merrieeee

Hi All,

One of the things I am having trouble reconciling with this Tour is the thought that Clay wants this tour when he has shown a lot of disdain for AI during his banter (sorry I can't quote sources)...just can't figure this out.

I did venture over to the OFC and yep, lots of OTT posts from the resident drama queens; some very condescending posts, I thought, directed at those of us who chose not to go if this happens (why do people care how I spend my money?) and I do believe there were some trolls lurking around too.

I would be the last person to tell Clay how to run his career, one of the things that drives me nuts in the fandom is all the know-it-alls who know exactly what Clay needs to do to have the successful career that they want.

If he really wants to do this tour than all the angsting and breast-beating in the world is going to change his mind and bottom line it is his career and he is the only person in-the-know that I trust...I always figure he has way more information than the rest of us and is can make better informed decisions.

I will always be a fan, doesn't mean I will always like what he does.

Kim

I think Clay may have disdain for Simon (and distain may be too strong) but he loves AI (and loves may be too strong LOL) - and that's based on his history since he left. But even if he had disdain for AI, don't think he would have disdain for Ruben and Kim just because that's where they came from. I also think he knows the association will probably last a lifetime.

I can't get to worked over who chooses not to go because it's not a done deal. And even when and if it is one I'll be too busy trying to figure my own money situation. :cryingwlaughter: