#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Merryclay...you have your opinion of Kim and I suspect you are not alone in that score. I do not follow her music career the way I do Kelly...but from what I hear she has a very different market and fanbase than Clay and I think her shows will be appropriate for her audience. I do think she is a lovely person with fantastic vocals and has shown a lot of loyalty to Clay...She also has her own level of success, her fanbase and I think her mentioning this tour may not exactly enhance her image among her fans either.

Did she spill this without Clay's knowledge? Would he get upset??? I really don't know. But I'm sure she and Clay have more contact about this and she knows him more than any fans on the board. I just can't see Clay seeing this as a bad thing so I don't know why he would be upset.

I do believe that if there is anything that would make Clay upset is seeing his fans bash his friends on his board...I am not on the OFC ...I hope it has not turned personal against Ruben and Kim.

I believe Kim sang in her underwear because she was the entertainment on a gay cruise and the theme of the night was underwear. As ansa says, she knows her audience, and tailors her shows appropriately. At the club I went to, she wore a very nice dress, and she was wildly applauded each time she used the word "fuck", so she used it alot. ;) I have no doubt that she would tailor her show to suit the kind of show that she, Ruben and Clay had planned. I also have never doubted that she and Clay were good friends, and I think she has proven her loyalty to him on numerous occasions. What pissed me off the most was the Kim and Ruben bashing that I saw today on other boards. Unfortunately, that was exactly why the OFC thread was temporarily closed. It's a sad, sad situation, for sure.

So, no blog yet? Well, I managed to spend a shitload of money on clothes. Now perhaps I'll do some laundry and then watch some clack. :RedGuy:

Edited by luckiest1

Anybody wanna get schmoopie for a minute?? Berkeley posted this in the "Better to Give" thread at CH:

Boy to share 'Our Friend' with a new set of friends

Boy to share 'Our Friend' with new set of friends

Monday, September 10, 2007

By JD MALONE

The Express-Times

NAZARETH | A 6-year-old boy used the last days of his summer vacation over the Labor Day weekend to raise money and buy copies of the book "Our Friend Mikayla."

Dante Requena, a first-grader at Shafer Elementary, hosted a yard sale and lemonade stand for two days and collected enough cash to buy 36 copies of the book written by Mikayla Resh's third-grade classmates at Lower Nazareth Elementary.

The book chronicles the friendship between the authors and Mikayla and shows her classmates have much in common with her even though she is disabled. The students drew the book's pictures and wrote the story.

The book was published in 2006 by "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken's Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

Dante's mother, Debbie Requena, shot down his request to catch tadpoles at Jacobsburg Environmental Center and sell them to raise money.

She told Dante if he wanted to raise money, he needed to come up with another idea. He thought of the yard sale and then picked buying the books because his mother is one of Mikayla's home health nurses.

Dante believes children everywhere will enjoy the book. His favorite part is the page depicting Aiken on "American Idol."

That page was drawn and written by Logan Houptley, who also happened to stop by Dante's yard sale. Houptley bought a cookie, handed Dante $50 and told him to keep the change.

Kristy Barnes, president of the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, said the foundation has sold more than 2,500 copies of the book so far and ordered another 5,000. The foundation also uses the book as part of a K-12 curriculum for inclusion it created.

"It is great to see children embracing that message and understanding the importance of communicating it to others by creating the book and donating copies of the book," Barnes said.

Debbie Requena said they are still working on where to send all 36 books. The foundation's goal is to have one in every elementary school and library across America.

Dante has an idea of where a few copies will go.

"Canada, Bermuda and Antarctica," Dante said.

Reporter JD Malone can be reached at 610-759-4599 or by e-mail at jdmalone@express-times.com.

Edited by jmh123

Totally OT.

One of my local PBS stations is airing documentary footage of the 1967 Monterary Pop Festival -- the first real Janis Joplin, vinatge Jefferson Airplane, Otis Redding and other stuff from the summer of love.

Since it's pledge week on PBS, it may or may not be at the same time for everyone.

It is my understanding from local people here that know her, that they are not that friendly anymore. They've sorta gone their separate ways.

Don't really care about local sources since I don't know them. Kinda meaningless to me. If you feel it is true then you can bask in your knowledge that Clay is stringing her up right now. It's not my place to do it. I'm sure there is an audience for those who would like the juicy details of the local knowledge but I don't think it's here.

Look I don't care if you hate the idea of a tour. I don't care if you like Kim or Ruben. I've never been a fan of Ruben. Many have posted a lot of good reasons why there shouldn't be one and none of them slammed Kim and Ruben in the process. Maybe I'm making the line too fine or maybe people don't know where the line is..I don't know either..but I hope we find it. This isn't an admin note. Feel free to discuss this openly. It's YOUR board - you help decide what kind of place it's going to be.

And maybe it will turn out this place isn't for you. One person asked that their membership be deleted today because they don't like board on board talk. I obliged her because I feel being able to talk about things is better than having to hold your tongue or take it to PMs where things can become more insideous. That's one policy that won't be changing.

It is my understanding from local people here that know her, that they are not that friendly anymore. They've sorta gone their separate ways.

Well yeah...they both have very busy careers I don't think they would be as close as they were when they were living with each other. Rumors like this does not mean anything to me cos its mostly filtered and passed on through many channels.

I am sure Klo wouldn't be lying about this. If they even talked about this tour...I bet thats because they are still friends. If this does not happen its probably because the logistics and finances were too complicated.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/Iris...pg?t=1189467508

Cover art on Crooner's Christmas CD.

I'm listening to Clay sing WAYDNY. He is one of the greats on this CD. I'm so proud he's included.

Wow that gave me goosebumps..what a prestigious list to be part of.

Did Omaha tickets go on sale today and I missed it? WTH? I checked out the OFC and nothing was posted.

How did I miss this? Crap...crap...crap.

Only if you bought the symphony subscription. I'm not buying anymore of those. Better seats seem to turn up later. From the thread at CV

The tickets go on sale to symphony members on Sept 10-yes that is Monday!- and to the general public on Sept 14.

---

Oh .... this is just fuckedup dandy exhilerating!.

Edited by jamar1700

I'm listening to Clay sing WAYDNY. He is one of the greats on this CD. I'm so proud he's included.

Word!

Wow...it almost looks like one of those "which one of these does not belong" things. But I'm happy to see that other people, too, think he belongs.

[/fangirly pride]

Word!

Wow...it almost looks like one of those "which one of these does not belong" things. But I'm happy to see that other people, too, think he belongs.

[/fangirly pride]

They all belong in that they are men with terrific voices that don't require ProTooling.

Elvis (The King). Bing Crosby of White Christmas fame -- Clay sang with him on Nickelodeon and we loved it!

:clap:

[/fangirly pride]

somebody quick..photoshop Clay AIken to the top of the list where he belongs </slighltly delusional but also fangirly>

I hope all the people that love all these artist and spend money on Xmas albums will say..who's that young fella and pick up MCWL. Oh and once they discover he's alive maybe they'll buy tour tickets. :cryingwlaughter:

Don't really care about local sources since I don't know them. Kinda meaningless to me. If you feel it is true then you can bask in your knowledge that Clay is stringing her up right now. It's not my place to do it. I'm sure there is an audience for those who would like the juicy details of the local knowledge but I don't think it's here.

Let me word couchie on this! Why in the world should we be interested in local gossip, or believe that we've learned anything about Kim and Clay's relationship from it? Someone could ask me about my sister's relationship with her husband and you'd get a really different story from me than you would from her. Am I right or is she? Rumor and gossip are meaningless--ask Clay about that sometime.

Edited by jmh123

Look I don't care if you hate the idea of a tour. I don't care if you like Kim or Ruben. I've never been a fan of Ruben. Many have posted a lot of good reasons why there shouldn't be one and none of them slammed Kim and Ruben in the process. Maybe I'm making the line too fine or maybe people don't know where the line is..I don't know either..but I hope we find it. This isn't an admin note. Feel free to discuss this openly. It's YOUR board - you help decide what kind of place it's going to be.

And maybe it will turn out this place isn't for you. One person asked that their membership be deleted today because they don't like board on board talk. I obliged her because I feel being able to talk about things is better than having to hold your tongue or take it to PMs where things can become more insideous. That's one policy that won't be changing.

I'm glad you aren't thinking of changing that policy. Although it is weird someone would ask have to their membership deleted. If you don't like it here, just don't post or read anymore! But whatever.

As for "local knowledge" - we have seen just how accurate that is with all the "local knowledge" in Raleigh about Clay!

I don't believe liking or disliking the idea of this tour should involve personal slams at either Ruben or Kim. Just imagine how you would feel if you went to a Kim or Ruben board and they were slamming Clay! I don't think any of us want a repeat of the old fan wars, yet some Clay fans seem to be fanning those old flames.

Eeeeeeee I can't wait to get my copy..... :04:

Its so funny to read the different takes on this album. I have read many, many posts on other boards saying thing album is insulting, will destroy his career, will make the public see him only as a karaoke singer....

Wait, that sounds awfully familiar.... :lilredani:

WAYDNYE is my absolute favorite on MCWL and always has been. His voice and phrasing are just superb on this song. So hopefully they won't run out of the cds before I get mine and playbiller's. When MCWL was released my youngest son, a musician in his previous life, said that Clay really learned a lot since MOAM.

Thanks ldyjocelyn for calling me wise. I don't hear that very often. :giveflowers:

Edited by FearofH2O

So, canooky...wanna sit together? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'd love to!!! :)

What a past 20 hours!!! As I posted last night, I knew there would be exploding heads over the news but I am still surprised that there hasn't been more balance with the for and against, other than here.

I truly think it would be such a fun tour. I personally LOVE all their voices and I think it would be quite magical having the three of them together on stage. I also believe Clay is sooooooooooo smart and won't enter into this partnership unless he feels it will be a "good thing". I do believe he would think it would be a really fun tour but I don't, for a second, think he would do it if he thought it would hurt his reputation or be "a step back". I really trust his judgement.

I hope Clay blogs soon and puts everyone out of their "speculating" misery. I'm sure his "people" are keeping him informed about the reaction of his fans to this little missive! :lol: There might even be some coke machines being disrespected as we speak! :lol:

All I do know is that Clay has never failed to make me smile, make me proud, and to entertain me and I don't expect that to end anytime soon.

He rocks my socks!!!!

I want to see THIS guy again!

MM4.jpg

CARY.jpg

skin.jpg

And I DEFINITELY want to see THIS again!!! :cryingwlaughter:

ClaysbusinSanDiego.jpg

:DoClay:

The thing that made me sad was KLO dancing in her underwear on tha youtube video and than using his name in her press release to test the waters. She needs to go away. Let Ruben and Clay do a TV special and let KLO go back to the bars in Nash. and dance in her underwear and practice her 4 letter words.

I thought I had read that it was really a bikini (and a modest one at that) and not her underwear, she just had it under her clothes for the party she was hired to sing at. When you are not on the top, you have to acconodate what you are asked to do with whatever dignity you can muster.

What does Local people mean? Are these Insiders? Pfft - most people don't know what they are talking about. Kim never says anything that can be constured as negative about Clay and she has had questions about him in the middle of her own interviews way too often when she is supposed to be selling herself. Sometimes it costs the lesser known person to be friends with someone more of interest.

Hmm, weren't people complaining that Clay was the only person on this album that was still alive? So when did Johnny Mathis, Toney Bennett and Andy Williams die?

I need to go do some research, see you when I am done. I need to go look up the angst for each and every thing Clay did - well, maybe I will take some breaks, this can take a while.

Wait, that sounds awfully familiar.... :lilredani:

Doesn't it tho' ? Hee.

---

I truly think it would be such a fun tour. I personally LOVE all their voices and I think it would be quite magical having the three of them together on stage.

Yep. That's where I'm at. I will not however hold my breath on Clay blogging anytime soon. I just won't. I don't look good in blue. :cryingwlaughter:

----

Couchie :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by jamar1700