#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Did you know that because MDYK is on Kim's upcoming Christmas album that is PROOF she is trying to milk her friendship with Clay (which of course is no longer a friendship....) to try and save her floundering poor excuse for a career??

Yup.

I read it on a message board so it must be true! :medium-smiley-070:

I just ordered my Christmas cd...yes...I am jumpingjacks and I am a Clay addict!!!!

Would someone please point me in the right direction for this Crooner CD? I must have missed this somehow? Is it internet order only?

Thanks

www.cduniverse.com

Christmas Crooner's CD

I just sent the link to my husband...he's always looking for stocking stuffer ideas for me for Christmas. I also told him that I wanted it early....

TampaDCAT13.jpg

Oh good God. I love those shoulders. That shirt should be illegal too.

I need to go do some research, see you when I am done. I need to go look up the angst for each and every thing Clay did - well, maybe I will take some breaks, this can take a while.

Don't do it playbiller! If you do this, the next time we'll see you is in 2010! Even with minimal food and bathroom breaks!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: couchie and CG....and to Clayzor too.....

Do I get an extra special spanking gift from Clay since I'm at the top of page 80?

So...did I tell ya we went to see 3:10 to Yuma yesterday? Great movie, thought I'd bring it up since it doesn't seem like there's been anything to talk about since yesterday or anything.

I ordered the Crooner's Christmas CD. I think it's pretty cool that he is on there with many who are considered to be "greats" . I have heard Clay referred to as a crooner before, but I don't really think that describes his style. Having said that, I do believe that "What are You Doing New Years Eve?" Is the song he has sung that sounds the most croony to me

Regarding the possibility of a Reunited Tour. In the past couple of years Clay has had a lot of shit thrown at him and I'll admit, that while I never sought any of it out, the fact that it was out there and that it might be causing him any distress at all really bothered me at times. The fact that he might possibly be planning a tour with two old friends pales in comparison to me on the stress level, in fact, it just doesn't register.

Clayzor, we just can't help how things impact us sometimes. I hope you feel better soon.

This may be old news but......

I interrupt this angst to bring tidings of great joy!!!!

SCARLETT A.C. JBT CLACK NOW IN CV VAULTS, CH VAULT AND AT CLACK UNLIMITED!!!!

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!

Thank you Scarlett!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh wait - the JBT. Wasn't that that tacky tour where he sang cover songs and changed costumes and sang songs like "Mandy" and wore a leisure suit????? ;)

Edited by Claygasm

The lovely Couchie said,

"Looking past the online fandom I do think the three of them could create some magic on stage for a great deal of people. There's a reason season 2 is the highest rated finale ever. I also think there are a lot of idol fans, not interested in going to see one or the other would go to all three. Could he lure those people back? Could it be tied into idol - them appearing on the show. And would say a 15 date tour - one month of his 2008 - really hurt him and any future CD. Is this thinking inside the box or outside of it. "

I agree. And I agree with Sis Kandre that this could be one smokin' R&B show. With lots o' banter and fun. Like Clay calling Rube "Shawty"! :cryingwlaughter:

It could be very cabaretish and ratpacky and original. I never underestimate the Earl of Aikenberry anymore! The Clubelocke! Verrrrrrrrrry eeeenteresting, indeed!

The fandom is going nuts- it's like poking a stick in an anthill, I tell ya!

I"ll be there, that's fo sho!

And thanks for all the hot pictures. Especially muski's disturbingly black and white one. Lips, lashes and that NOSE. Perfection. Those shell pink candy lips.....(drools off to bed)

eta: ON Clay's melanin deficiency: maybe the poor boy has "Michael Jackson's disease" whatever that thing is called. What does one have to feed him to get the melanin back? My DH just walked in the room and said maybe Clay has one big "whitoma"!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by Divayenta

Anybody wanna get schmoopie for a minute?? Berkeley posted this in the "Better to Give" thread at CH:

Boy to share 'Our Friend' with a new set of friends

Boy to share 'Our Friend' with new set of friends

Monday, September 10, 2007

By JD MALONE

The Express-Times

NAZARETH | A 6-year-old boy used the last days of his summer vacation over the Labor Day weekend to raise money and buy copies of the book "Our Friend Mikayla."

Dante Requena, a first-grader at Shafer Elementary, hosted a yard sale and lemonade stand for two days and collected enough cash to buy 36 copies of the book written by Mikayla Resh's third-grade classmates at Lower Nazareth Elementary.

The book chronicles the friendship between the authors and Mikayla and shows her classmates have much in common with her even though she is disabled. The students drew the book's pictures and wrote the story.

The book was published in 2006 by "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken's Bubel/Aiken Foundation. . . .

Schmoopie indeed and a wonderful read for me - good for a badly-needed shift in perspective :) Thanks for the bring jmh123!

Hmm - here is a sample - a worthwhile OFC project? Not sure.

Who knows better - Angsty Fans Vs Clay

1. May 21 Anomoly night - Fans thought they might never see him again; Clay said "we'll compete again later on the charts"

2. Sept 1 Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon

Fan - "See, I have been counting the days until OCB can detach himself from the AI cheesefest because the sooner he does, the sooner he will start to get mainstream respect. So what does he do? He dives into a fondue!".

Clay - Jerry Lewis gives him one of the best compliments ever.

3. Sept 20 Miss America Pageant

Fan - "

The Miss America pageant?? Oh, no -- say it isn't so...mind you, I love seeing Clay under almost any circumstances, but the image of him up there in a tux serenading all those Catalina-clad hoochies is turning my stomach. Even the Jerry Lewis telethon would be better than that..."

Clay - gives a great showing to great reviews, especially from a select number of Miss America contestants, get phone numbers, brings at least one of them home.

Now, I am not saying it is wrong to get upset, I am just trying to indicate we don't really know what is going on.

Anyway, Clay always sells his little projects to me, so much so that I bought a ticket to the Miss America pagent the second time and had a weird time in this pretty unattended show, but with signs for each favorite contestant - weird.

Is it wrong to take old quotes from a public baord and not attribute them?

Thank you Scarlett!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh wait - the JBT. Wasn't that that tacky tour where he sang cover songs and changed costumes and sang songs like "Mandy" and wore a leisure suit????? ;)

Thanks! Just wanted to explain the lateness - that was mainly uploaded to help luckiest and goldarngirl finish another one of their fabulous montages -- had 2 other cameras going at Atlantic City 9/1 JBT (the Solo set has the best sound and the ToffeeBrowne is deadcenter). This one is too close to the guitar speaker for the audio to work but has some niiice visuals ... the CHFIL clip is where all the Clelvis caps from a few days back came from and you might also like MyGirl (in the Motown clip) & ANMHE.

Thanks again...working furiously on WPB and Tampa...

I hope this is ok to bring here. With all the accusations today of KLo 'riding Clay's coattails', rumors that they're not even friends anymore, etc., I thought maybe someone else would be as happy to hear it straight from the horses mouth as I was.

This is an inteview that Ruben and Kim did just this past April - only 5 months ago. I don't know how anyone could watch this and get the impression from either Rube or KLo that there isn't great affection between the three of them or that they weren't extremely close.

I tell ya, I'm just so disappointed with the fandom today, I've had to follow JaMar's advice on a couple of occassions and just use the back key. I think I'll go read. Books are our friends. :)

Edited by Bookwhore

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/Iris...pg?t=1189467508

Cover art on Crooner's Christmas CD.

I'm listening to Clay sing WAYDNY. He is one of the greats on this CD. I'm so proud he's included.

Thanks for scanning that! I'm proud he's included as well.

Berk's schmoopy post? :F_05BL17blowkiss: Loved it!

Nightall...have to be up at 4 AM to catch a flight to the Maritimes...WHAT am I doing here??

I bet it says volumes about me that I could almost be convinced to cheer and woot and pray for this tour to be real simply because there are some people (elsewhere) being so nasty about not wanting it to happen.

Contrary that way, I suppose.

:P

Now. Enough using Clay drama to avoid Edith Wharton. readbook.gif

I bet it says volumes about me that I could almost be convinced to cheer and woot and pray for this tour to be real simply because there are some people (elsewhere) being so nasty about not wanting it to happen.

Contrary that way, I suppose.

:P

Now. Enough using Clay drama to avoid Edith Wharton. readbook.gif

Ewwww. You have my condolences. You aren't reading Ethan Fromme, are you?

Ewwww. You have my condolences. You aren't reading Ethan Fromme, are you?

Uh oh. If I remember correctly...I sorta liked that book. :imgtongue:

Or maybe not. Lawd Jesus, it's been so many decades since I read the danged thing, who knows? I like the NAME "Ethan", so maybe that's what I'm remembering. heh.

All I was thinking while I watched Kim prance around in her undies was how much I wish I felt that comfortable with my body and how much I wish my body looked that good, actually. :blush:

and how much I wish Clay would do something like that.....

what