#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

This is an inteview that Ruben and Kim did just this past April - only 5 months ago. I don't know how anyone could watch this and get the impression from either Rube or KLo that there isn't great affection between the three of them or that they weren't extremely close.

Bookwhore... thanks for the Youtube... it speaks volumes.

Indeed. Thanks for that link, and anyone who has any doubts about how they all feel about one another should check this video out.

It is my understanding from local people here that know her, that they are not that friendly anymore. They've sorta gone their separate ways.

Don't really care about local sources since I don't know them. Kinda meaningless to me. If you feel it is true then you can bask in your knowledge that Clay is stringing her up right now. It's not my place to do it. I'm sure there is an audience for those who would like the juicy details of the local knowledge but I don't think it's here.

Look I don't care if you hate the idea of a tour. I don't care if you like Kim or Ruben. I've never been a fan of Ruben. Many have posted a lot of good reasons why there shouldn't be one and none of them slammed Kim and Ruben in the process. Maybe I'm making the line too fine or maybe people don't know where the line is..I don't know either..but I hope we find it. This isn't an admin note. Feel free to discuss this openly. It's YOUR board - you help decide what kind of place it's going to be.

And maybe it will turn out this place isn't for you. One person asked that their membership be deleted today because they don't like board on board talk. I obliged her because I feel being able to talk about things is better than having to hold your tongue or take it to PMs where things can become more insideous. That's one policy that won't be changing.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: couchie Good on ya!

It is my understanding from local people here that know her, that they are not that friendly anymore. They've sorta gone their separate ways.

What does Local people mean? Are these Insiders? Pfft - most people don't know what they are talking about. Kim never says anything that can be constured as negative about Clay and she has had questions about him in the middle of her own interviews way too often when she is supposed to be selling herself. Sometimes it costs the lesser known person to be friends with someone more of interest.

:clap: Unless it comes directly from the source, why even bring it up? Grapevines only grow grapes...

Thanks for the laughs CG.

Ah JBT Atlantic City -- the 08/31 show is my absolute favorite EVAH.

Couchie, didn't you sing at one of the JBT's.

:fca: I hatesss angst!

I tell ya, I'm just so disappointed with the fandom today, I've had to follow JaMar's advice on a couple of occassions and just use the back key. I think I'll go read. Books are our friends. smile.gif

Same here. Ever since the book discussion from the other day, I bought 3 and ordered 2 more from the library. I love reading but it just fell by the wayside.

Thanks for the youtube, that was very sweet and sincere. I'm happy that Clay has such good friends that can relate to some of the changes they've all gone through the past few years. Kim's success has been marginal for all of her promotion but I do hope that she finds some success. She has worked her butt off the last few years.

Couchie, didn't you sing at one of the JBT's.

Me? Sing? With Clay? And live to tell about it? You're thinking of Ethel, KAndre, Berkeley, Podsoda! She sang What's Up Pussycat with Clay at JBT AC. :F_05BL17blowkiss: and she sang it well I might add.

When I read this couchie, all I could think of was an encounter you had in San Diego!!!

BWAH!! :cryingwlaughter:

ialreadyam I hope you know I'm teasing.

I've been called all of the above. I was especially pleased when finally, finally someone thought I was KAndre. heh.

ETA: You know what I loved about JBT AC..just raising my hand when my boyfriend told me to. And then raising two hands...and just being prepared to leave them up all show if that's what he said :cryingwlaughter: He's got that whip appeal. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I bet it says volumes about me that I could almost be convinced to cheer and woot and pray for this tour to be real simply because there are some people (elsewhere) being so nasty about not wanting it to happen.

Contrary that way, I suppose.

:P

Now. Enough using Clay drama to avoid Edith Wharton. readbook.gif

Ewwww. You have my condolences. You aren't reading Ethan Fromme, are you?

The Custom of the Country, actually. Thus far, it reminds me of Vanity Fair and a bit of Henry James' "The Real Thing."

Just watched Britney's performance from last night. Oh dear Jesus, thank you for Clay Aiken! What is there to angst about again? Huh? Something about a tour?

ok, someone clue in the clueless. What does that FOUR lights siggy mean?

It's a Star Trek (specifically Next Generation) thing. There was an episode where Captain Picard was captured and tortured by some nasty aliens (Cardassians, specifically). They stripped him (that's why Shady likes this....some nice butt shots of Patrick Stewart, yum) and forced him to stare into 4 lights -- except that they kept saying there were 5 lights and he needed to admit that. But the torture did nothing -- "There. Are. Four. Lights."

It's really a powerful episode, and Amnesty International gave it some recognition, if I remember correctly.

OK, out of geek mode and off to bed.

ETA:

Just watched Britney's performance from last night. Oh dear Jesus, thank you for Clay Aiken! What is there to angst about again? Huh? Something about a tour?

Saw some of that on Keith Olbermann's show tonight. Good God, she was out of it. Clay Aiken has more talent in one hair on his head that she does. (Apologies to any Britney fans out there...all two of you....)

ialreadyam I hope you know I'm teasing.

I've been called all of the above. I was especially pleased when finally, finally someone thought I was KAndre. heh.

ETA: You know what I loved about JBT AC..just raising my hand when my boyfriend told me to. And then raising two hands...and just being prepared to leave them up all show if that's what he said :cryingwlaughter: He's got that whip appeal. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Well shit crap, I want to laugh too, but I don't get it. color me clueless

Cluessless on the raising hand? In AC, the fans in the know were stepping all over Clay's punchlines so he told us to put up our hands if we saw a show.. then he had us put up 2 hands I think if we saw more than 2 or 3...then said he might make us keep them up the whole show. Just a little spanking he gave us.

Cluessless on the raising hand? In AC, the fans in the know were stepping all over Clay's punchlines so he told us to put up our hands if we saw a show.. then he had us put up 2 hands I think if we saw more than 2 or 3...then said he might make us keep them up the whole show. Just a little spanking he gave us.

I was asking about the teasing? What am I not getting? (I know I'm going to feel like a complete idiot) *wincing*

AH!..heee

Oh I've just been mistaken for every well known African American woman in the fandom. I get a kick out of it. But I guess that wasn't behind your thinking I sang with Clay. Maybe more my big mouth :cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter: Nope, I actually thought I had read it somewhere. By the way, I didn't get the connection because I never met any of you except Ethel. Told ya I'd stick my size 10 in my mouth.

Hi...just wanted to share this with you...I've not caught up here, yet...hope it's not too OT at this point...

Reunited Tour? ...Some thoughts...

Ever since I read of the possibility of Clay, Ruben and Kim touring together a number of thoughts came to mind...

I recall Clay stating how much he enjoyed the time he spent while on AI, he's stayed in touch with Ruben and Kim, and Ruben is his pick to sing at his funeral, he seems to build (and need) a sense of family with some fellow performers - first Ruben and Kim, then Quiana and Angela...

I think this last year, Clay has become even more determined to perform in ways most comfortable for him...and I'm inferring from his most recent tours that the key factor in that is who accompanies him while he travels around the country...folks with whom he has an established bond...

It seems quite possible that if he taped some reflections for AI2 rewind, that he experienced a measure of nostalgia for his times with these two AI companions...

While for my tastes, I've enjoyed Ruben and Kim's singing...and have downloaded some of their tracks, I'm with the rest of the Clay nation...I'd probably not make a point of spending the money and time to go to one of their concerts, yet I did really enjoy them singing together with Clay a great deal...

I'd go to this concert, should it come to pass...I don't know if I'd travel clear across the country to attend it...but, I'd be willing to purchase a ticket and travel a distance to a venue...it is Clay, after all...

I don't know what impact this would actually have on Clay's career...I tend to most agree with Berkeley over at the CH...that such a tour would be most favorable under the auspices of a charitable event...even better produced by Clay's production company

But, one thing comes to mind with all of the angst I've read in the fandom...we've been down this road before...angst over his touring with Kelly, angst over releasing a Christmas CD in advance of a traditional 'sophomore' release, angst over Clay's performing with symphonies...sequential Christmas tours, angst over his 'Christmas musical,' angst over his touring with covers...Jukebox, angst over a covers CD, angst performing again with symphonies...and ONLY "slow" songs...and gee! ...hasn't he managed to make these concert appearances wonderful experiences by and large??

Clay's path to full star recognition has not been at all linear...not even on AI!...and I don't know that it will ever be...however, his mega talent can't be denied...and ultimately I have faith that it will be OK...actually, I believe it will continue to be ever so satisfying...because this man grows at every juncture...he just brings something more ever time he's delivering his glorious vocals to us...and I for one, am along for the journey...

Edited by clayharmony

What the heck is DJS doing up this hour? waves

I forgot - when driving home tonight, I heard that Jane Wyman died in her sleep at 93. RIP Ronald Regan's first wife (heh) and one of the many storng actresses that inspired me to be independent growing up.

Falcon Crest. one of my great pleasures and it was not guilty. RIP.

Well I'm sure there will be official news when I wake up in the morning. So I'll have tonight to think on it.

Thankful4Clay --love your little diddey.

Ialreadyam - size 10...we have a con nec tion hee.