#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Hi...just wanted to share this with you...I've not caught up here, yet...hope it's not too OT at this point...

Reunited Tour? ...Some thoughts...

Ever since I read of the possibility of Clay, Ruben and Kim touring together a number of thoughts came to mind...

I recall Clay stating how much he enjoyed the time he spent while on AI, he's stayed in touch with Ruben and Kim, and Ruben is his pick to sing at his funeral, he seems to build (and need) a sense of family with some fellow performers - first Ruben and Kim, then Quiana and Angela...

I think this last year, Clay has become even more determined to perform in ways most comfortable for him...and I'm inferring from his most recent tours that the key factor in that is who accompanies him while he travels around the country...folks with whom he has an established bond...

It seems quite possible that if he taped some reflections for AI2 rewind, that he experienced a measure of nostalgia for his times with these two AI companions...

While for my tastes, I've enjoyed Ruben and Kim's singing...and have downloaded some of their tracks, I'm with the rest of the Clay nation...I'd probably not make a point of spending the money and time to go to one of their concerts, yet I did really enjoy them singing together with Clay a great deal...

I'd go to this concert, should it come to pass...I don't know if I'd travel clear across the country to attend it...but, I'd be willing to purchase a ticket and travel a distance to a venue...it is Clay, after all...

I don't know what impact this would actually have on Clay's career...I tend to most agree with Berkeley over at the CH...that such a tour would be most favorable under the auspices of a charitable event...even better produced by Clay's production company

But, one thing comes to mind with all of the angst I've read in the fandom...we've been down this road before...angst over his touring with Kelly, angst over releasing a Christmas CD in advance of a traditional 'sophomore' release, angst over Clay's performing with symphonies...sequential Christmas tours, angst over his 'Christmas musical,' angst over his touring with covers...Jukebox, angst over a covers CD, angst performing again with symphonies...and ONLY "slow" songs...and gee! ...hasn't he managed to make these concert appearances wonderful experiences by and large??

Clay's path to full star recognition has not been at all linear...not even on AI!...and I don't know that it will ever be...however, his mega talent can't be denied...and ultimately I have faith that it will be OK...actually, I believe it will continue to be ever so satisfying...because this man grows at every juncture...he just brings something more ever time he's delivering his glorious vocals to us...and I for one, am along for the journey...

Great post. And WORD. Just about every one of them. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

If Clay's touring, even if it's with company, I'm gonna be there unless some unforseen major something over which I have NO control keeps me away (and warning to the world, Ill be difficult to be around if this happens, would NOT be purdy). I mean, it's Clay touring!!! That alone feeds my happy in a major way!

And I also meant to say Good Night!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by AnAmeraikenInTX

There is something wrong with the first picture, Stargazer. Something photoshopped. I can never figure out what it is, it just does not look like Clay to me. I wish I could figure it out. I know I will be staring at it too late tonight. But somehow it makes Clay look not very smart and I can't figure out what they changed.

Edited by playbiller

There is something wrong with the first picture, Stargazer. Something photoshopped. I can never figure out what it is, it just does not look like Clay to me. I wish I could figure it out. I know I will be staring at it too late tonight. But somehow it makes Clay look not very smart and I can't figure out what they changed.

I think it's one of the People photo shoot.

Hey I agree with you Play... they fooled around with some part of Clay's body on those and I don't like any of them.

Gibby, Stargazer, Muski and whoever else brought the pretty today..thank you so much.

You're so welcome Couch! I came to please! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

All those People shots are photoshopped. I can't put my finger on it either (heh) but I agree, playbiller. They don't look like him. Something is off.

Clayharmony--very nice post. :clap: And Thankful, I like your verse. I think I'll sing it a bit tomorrow myself.

Couchie & Co. -- I'll never forget the BBQ during the NAT where a whole bunch of "y'all" (hee) were standing together talking and it made me ridiculously happy for no good reason, I suppose. Just that it was such a rare sight at a fan party. No Ethel, though. I guess it was KAndre, Couchie, Toffee Brown, and berkeley? C-Girl, maybe??