Are You Ready for some Football

Couch Tomato

49ers suck

Go Raiders

Very sad case - Sean Tayor. The rush to judgement made me a little sick on sports radio and ESPN (although they tried to cover their asses after that first day of coverage) ... but what comfort is there to be relieved that a 24 year old got killed by some greedy burglers rather than some old gang friends that wouldn't let him go. Sad.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...7/SP2STPL2P.DTL

A's the hot pick to sign Bonds

(12-07) 04:00 PST Nashville -- If they had decided to rebuild, the A's wouldn't have a spot for Barry Bonds.

However, the club is intact as the winter meetings end, and Oakland is considered the hot pick to sign the free-agent outfielder despite his legal troubles and the potential public-relations issues that accompany him.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Oakland will sign Bonds," one major-league executive said Thursday as the winter meetings wound down. "I'd be shocked if it didn't happen."

Two other teams also have expressed interest in Bonds, an industry source said. Bonds is most likely a fit for an American League club, so that he could serve as a designated hitter. The A's, though, apparently have told Bonds that if he signs with them, he would appear in left field with some frequency. The home run king would be splitting DH duties with Jack Cust.

:cryingwlaughter:

Hey jamar. Thought you might be interested to know that we finally got Houston Nutt to retire. He sure ticked the staff and fans off when he caused Mitch Mustang to leave the Razorbacks. Then our one player who had a good shot for a Heisman Trophy is out of the running because our team has lost too many games they shouldn't have. I neeeeever liked him and I know Nebraska was trying to recruit him, but we already had him signed. I was worried Nebraska might get him now, but I think he went to Old Miss. I found him to be arrogant and full of himself. Cocky, and not in that Clay Aiken way. :cryingwlaughter:

Hey jamar. Thought you might be interested to know that we finally got Houston Nutt to retire.

I heard that on the way to work the other day.

I thought about you! Really.

:cryingwlaughter:

Oy...I've had just about as much of the coaching drama around here as I can stand...they finally hired the guy that applied for and should have gotten the job the LAST time around when they offered it to Houston Nutt...sheesh.

I always meant to tell you that I had intended to use ClayHusker as my board name when I first signed on to the boards. For some reason, that has long since escaped me, I decided not to at the last minute. We'd have been a real pair. Hee.