#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I can only participate where I'm comfortable and let the rest go, lest I become as bitter and angry as those I mock. I do reserve the right to look out the window of my home(s) and be amused by it, or poke fun at it, at any time, however.
I'd kiss you for this, YSRN, but I woke up this morning knowing that I'm starting to get a cold/flu/sick or something, so I'll just nod my head, say "WORD" and :F_05BL17blowkiss: from afar.

I like to go to our little town's breakfast place, order two eggs over medium, sourdough toast and grits in a bowl, not on the plate with the eggs. Then I put the fried eggs on top of the grits and mash it up together...put on a bunch of pepper and then dig in, occasionally using the toast to make sure I get it all...heh. Yum......

I llike raw cauliflower to dip but not cooked.

Like liver and onions once in a blue moon---I haven't observed a blue moon in about five years, btw.

Never tried chitlins, don't want to. Got enough shit to deal with in life without purposefully ingesting it.

Pate? Fancy liver...

Caviar? Fish eggs with a Napoleon complex and an overabundance of salt. Yuck.

My MaMaw used to make "Apple Sonkers"....of course, it's just apple pie but layered. layer of butter, layer of pastry dough strips, layer of butter sugar and cinnamon, layer of apples, layer of dough, layer of butter cinnamon sugar, etc....I used to help her make these when I spent summers at her house in a tiny town in southwest North Carolina...and then I waddled out the door to play.

Since I'm a relative newby here...since just this summer, but you couldn't tell that by my massive post count because I have trouble shuttin' up...I hesitate to reveal my truly wrapped sense of humor to y'all, but I'm taking the chance.

I just saw this headline in my Yahoo science news and thought, 'Oh Lord, I hope the Kim haters don't see this or they'll think it's about the not-a-tour'. Then I laughed out loud all by myself, a little crazy like....

pity me, k?

Bizarre Parasitic Star Found Feeding Off Stellar Companions

Edited by laughn

Since I'm a relative newby here...since just this summer, but you couldn't tell that by my massive post count because I have trouble shuttin' up...I hesitate to reveal my truly wrapped sense of humor to y'all, but I'm taking the chance.

I just saw this headline in my Yahoo science news and thought, 'Oh Lord, I hope the Kim haters don't see this or they'll think it's about the not-a-tour'. Then I laughed out loud all by myself, a little crazy like....

pity me, k?

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I agree with the opinions about many fans thinking Clay is not cool enough. My analysis is that there is a LOT of fear of loss involved. If he doesn't do this, we'll lose him (and all that goes with him), if he doesn't look like that, we'll lose him, etc. When people don't trust, they try to control. And, the anomymity of the internet lets them be very vocal about it, unfortunately! I think one of the things Clay is here to do is to bring the message that being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.

I think you could be right on the above.

Some fans, however, seem to have trouble reconciling who he is with who they want him to be.

I agree. It's amazing how everything he does can simultaneously "fit" into dozens of different "personas" of him that fans have created.

Yes, he fits very nicely into all the places I have created for him to fit ... in my dreams. :Thud:

I like cheese grits only ... and even then it has to be brunch time on a perfect Fall day ... and with my hubby. Any other time, I'll pass.

And just no to brussel sprouts. Can't even stand the smell of them. But I love just about any other veggie ... mostly steamed ... except carrots, which I can only eat ... 1) raw with ranch dressing 2) cooked in butter 3) in a salad or prepared as Copper Pennies.

Edited by windstar2

But unfortunately I think the OFC may be the first place that 'newbies' gain entry into the online community, and I hate to think that forum is the first thing they are hit with.
I resemble that remark! And I survived. Thank God! Thanks to sane people like Clayzor and lightmyfire!

And Clayzor, just for the files here, had lunch today with sister and one of our man friends and said buddy was interrogating me about my Clay thing. My sister jumped in and added that she too had traveled to see Clay and was detailing her Tulsa experiences. Just so ya know, she described you as a very attactive blonde with a knockout personality -- and my buddy said, "Dammit, when are you two going to take me to one of these Clay Aiken concerts!!!!" So, if the man at home ever starts giving you trouble, this dude here in Houston has deep pockets -- like I said, just for the files. hee

So merrieee, if you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich -- what flavor of jelly do you use?

Lime Jello

Now merrieeee, I'm keeping a list:

Don't do Snowflake Hair

Never bought a Beatles album

Don't like grapes, or grape jelly

I think this degree of counter-culture individualism makes you Officially Cool!!! Unfortunately, this opinion probably is meaningless since it comes from someone who adores Snowflake Hair, owns the Beatles catalog, and should own Welch's stock.

That's the problem with being cool - you're always "not cool" to somebody else. There is a huge segment that think of Justin Timberlake as a "guilty pleasure", as a gansta wannabe, as a warbling boy pop tart. There are people laughing at 50 Cents and Kanye's "feud", and don't get me started on Britney. For some, as soon as the mainstream thinks you're "cool" or worse yet, if the noncool people can identify you, you aren't cool anymore.
One of my sons wouldn't deign to buy a record from anyone the "general public" has ever heard of. Seriously, he gave me the name of his favorite bands last week and I was clueless about any of them. I suspect if any of them gained widespread popularity, he'd be through with them.

[Tree ripened Georgia peaches. Texas watermelon (no salt! What is it with you people and salt?) Cheese on EVERYTHING. Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (feh to that Breyer's wannabe peach stuff!) Texas Bar-b-que!

Good God, Girl!!! You eat watermelon without salt? You could lose your Texas citizenship for that! Salt on fruit is the Texas way ... apples, watermelon, cantaloupe ... it's all good.

You know... my favorite things in the world are blackberries but I never have them because I REFUSE to pay what they want for them as I'm so used to them growing wild in my backyard as a child. Blackberry jam, blackberry cobbler, blackberry and dumplings. YUM.

Peaches is my other favorite fruit but don't think I've ever had that as a spread of any sort.

Fondest childhood memory is at my grandmother's in East Texas, picking blackberries along the railroad tracks, and bringing back the berries for my grandmother to make a fresh cobbler for supper. And ... my grandmother's homemade pear preserves were to die for. That's what I always wanted on my hot biscuits

And her special Southern treat .... the legendary Butter Roll.

Has anybody ever had Fried Cornmeal Mush and Tomato Gravy?
I've never had any fried cornmeal mush, that I know of, but I can make a mean skillet of tomato gravy, if I have my daddy's homegrown tomatoes to work with. Love that stuff.

As Guy Clark wrote in one of my favorite songs: "The only two things that money can't buy .... and that's true love and homegrown tomatoes!"

Although I don't like to admit it anymore, I'm still a relative newbie, so that I had no idea there were actually "leaders" in this movement. I had assumed at the point I arrived at this fandom in June of 2006 that there was just a lot of blind leading the blind in the infamous "album thread," because the people using basic judgment and sound reasoning were pilloried, and/or heavily modded. It never occurred to me that there are/were actual or perceived "leaders" -- hmmmm, I guess they would be the graduates of the George W. Bush Center for Dispute Resolution for all the leadership ability I noticed. Seriously, I remain thankful to luckiest1 and Clayzorback for giving me the "come on over" to FCA. It's a blessing, it is.

And, lastly, to jmh. You rock, girl. And, by the way, you still have a top spot on my list of funniest posts ever -- the first night I ever read here at FCA -- with your scenario of the Walmart clerks removing copies of ATDW and AIW when certain people entered the store . Never.forget.that.evah! It sealed the deal for me. That and Clay singing "Why Don't We Do It In The Road" on the tour setlist! {{{ with sincere apologies to merrieeee, and lmf}}}

Edited by keepingfaith

KAndre holds up a potato carved in the likeness of Clay to ward off the evil brussel sprouts...

BWAH! I'm laughing too hard to pity you...

pity me, k?

Laughn... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Keeping Faith...

Good God, Girl!!! You eat watermelon without salt? You could lose your Texas citizenship for that! Salt on fruit is the Texas way ... apples, watermelon, cantaloupe ... it's all good.

I grew up in the middle of Illinois and we always had salt on these fruits... so it is not just a Texas thang... and my whole family never ever even traveled to Texas!

I have lived in SoCal since '66, so don't do that any more, but I did!

I also grew up with hominy. Is that the same thing as grits? Loved them!

I could never understand the caviar love... I love salt, but that is just way tooooo salty for me. I'll just down the champagne that usually goes with it! :whistling-1:

We are all different and we are all wonderful!!! :clap: I love it here, just in case I forgot to tell you lately!

Ladies what can I say, except you are the best. The last few pages are funneeee... :laola0:

This was said many pages ago:

Clayz

We would never get that lucky. I don't even consider a lot of them fans anymore. They are just here out of habit and the friends they have made. They just stick around to make everyone else's fandom miserable. JMHO
my bolding

Exactly. I guess these people exist on almost every board in the ClayNation. Bah, humbug!

Where is that shuttle?

I wouldn't change a hair on Clay's head. ( well maybe a little strand here and there).

I am happy fans can't change Clay into who they think he should be. If they could, then he wouldn't be the fascinating, complicated man I am a fan of.

Obessed, OTT fans are scary to me I wonder how Clay feels?

Fondest childhood memory is at my grandmother's in East Texas, picking blackberries along the railroad tracks, and bringing back the berries for my grandmother to make a fresh cobbler for supper.

Oh my goodness!

First thing I thought about when someone mentioned blackberries! Except we walked the tracks for Nannie to make pie! Yum!

And - sorry for the liver haters, I had liver and onions for lunch and it was Yum-O!

Nothing to add to the Clay discussion. I'm just waiting for him to turn the page - cuz can't wait to see what comes next!

Fondest childhood memory is at my grandmother's in East Texas, picking blackberries along the railroad tracks, and bringing back the berries for my grandmother to make a fresh cobbler for supper.

Oh my goodness!

First thing I thought about when someone mentioned blackberries! Except we walked the tracks for Nannie to make pie! Yum!

And - sorry for the liver haters, I had liver and onions for lunch and it was Yum-O!

Nothing to add to the Clay discussion. I'm just waiting for him to turn the page - cuz can't wait to see what comes next!

In my case it was blueberries in upper Michigan. We'd pick'em and my MIL would make blueberry cobbler, blueberry pancakes, blueberry pie, yum.

I'm originally from South Dakota...I thought we were the only ones who put salt on fruit...grapefruit is another one that I use salt on...along with apples and watermelon.

I'm orginally from Michigan and it was salted apples and cantaloupe.

You put salt on oatmeal? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Brown sugar all the way, baybee!

Brussel sprouts ARE like candy! Love them!

OMG we really are twins!

All brussel sprout lovers may be banned once I rewrite the forum guidelines.

You wouldn't dare......or would you? :mockery-046: :badpc:

I see we are talking food...

Never had liver...but I like liver sausage!

My Dad always put salt and pepper on any melon he was eating, cantaloupe, watermelon...actually he put salt and pepper on everything...he would only eat lettuce with sugar on it and his favorite treat was a piece of bread with butter and sugar on it...He was German by the way.

My Mother was Italian so I grew up with lots of pasta...it seems all my childhood memories revolve around food...both sides were big on desserts and cookies...at Christmas you couldn't even see the top of the table with all the goodies.

My German Grandma was the jelly maker...guava was a favorite and she made the best cookies....would always send us decorated Santa cookies at Christmas.

They lived in Florida and a big treat for us was when they would send us a bushel of oranges from their grove...we thought it was so cool to get oranges in the middle of winter.

Kim

(Oh, and I absolutely hate brussel sprouts)

Did I ever tell you about my condition </momento>

Ah, my favorite movie ever! Well, I might say that about a few movies, but it's up there for sure.

Food:

brussell sprouts - Definitely. Roasted in butter and white wine

tuna casserole - Just no. Hotdish or not.

blackberries, or any kind of berry - Yum

peaches - I have nearly overdosed on them this summer, fresh from the orchard

liver - I'm with you, JaMar

Edited to fix quotes

Edited by duckyvee

Grits are great. Tre made the most amazing looking item using grits on Top Chef.

Jello - now that's another story. Jello just creeps me out. Lime or otherwise. It moves of it's own free will. Not OK in a food.

------

A few thoughts on the fandom....

I can't relate to the reactions we saw on some of the boards yesterday. I just don't get it. And I was surprised to see such comments from people I didn't expect them from. I don't mean personal displeasure for the idea - that I get. I mean the expectations of Clay, the judgment of a decision that was unconfirmd, the anger toward him for not calming the masses. I'm trying to figure out where it came from, and all I can come up with is a loss of perspective, a level of investment, time spent, and relative isolation that keeps the real world from seeping in. My goodness, so many people went off the deep end instantaneously without even giving the poor guy time to know what's going on. I laughed at one banter comment this summer in which Clay was asking how many concerts people have been to, and he finally asks how many people have been to more than he's been to. That sort of says it all to me. Fans sometimes have more Clay- related information than he does, and don't realize it. Too much information, and yet not enough knowledge.

I felt badly for him yesterday. So pre-judged. And his friends so maligned. And by people who profess to care about him, and who I believe really do in their way. And I felt badly for the fandom who seemed to suffer unnecessarily. I can only hope that some learning will come from this.

Great post...I also was very surprised yesterday for the same reason...and for some of the comments in his blog..wow..I guess talking to Clay the entertainer made it okay....problem was Clay the person is in there too.

just hope he didnt read it all...