#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Now that's just evil.

Not only would I burn my claymate card but every one of my Clay Aiken t-shirts :cryingwlaughter:

Hee! Yeah, that was mean wasn't it?

It's NOT????? Please don't tell my DH that.

Ok- point taken... :cryingwlaughter:

Another thought I had. It occurs to me that some fans don't know how to enjoy their fandom any more. A minor annoyance, like a tour they are not crazy about becomes a MAJOR CATASTROPHE. A CD with sales they find disappointing is THE END OF CLAY'S CAREER AND IT'S OBVIOUS THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET HIM. We've always been a drama-filled fandom, but what has happened, I think, is that so many of the fans who were more balanced and level-headed have moved on and the balance has tipped more towards the panicking, angsting drama queens. So many of my "sane" fandom friends from the beginning have left the fandom- many because they couldn't deal with the drama any more. That's why I LOVE this place. It's my little spot of sanity.

OMG..OMG...OMG!!!! I KNOW I shouldn't go out and look around but...there is this big "We need to show Clay some TOUGH LOVE" out there now. WTH? He's almost 30 years old...give me a FREAKING break!!! Should we send him to his room without supper, too?

You'd think he was touring with the damned circus or something...and....AND on top of it all...it isn't even official!!!!

Aaaarggggghhhhhh...

Whew..sorry...had to get that off my chest.

Yes I believe some of the whiners will still go but I also see a lot of people who claim they love Clay unconditionally say they won't.

Heh, those people love their version of Clay unconditionally, Real Clay has nothing to do with it. To paraphrase Clay, some people have decided what he should do in order to be cool, thereby making them cool, too.

And yeah, some of the whiners will still show up everywhere he goes, like Zelig.

And I fricking LOVE how this has finally made its tortuous yet inevitable crawl back to Evil Clive Conspiracy Planet - evidently Clay is (theoretically as yet) planning these concerts because Clive/RCA has pulled the next CD already.

Heheh. Well on another board, it's not Clive, but the AI machine that is evil and pulling the strings, forcing him to do this. That Kimberley has zero to do with AI is irrelevant, donchaknow.

It's bordering on the same hysteria that surround the EW blurb oh so many months ago. While I have sympathy for any friend who is upset for any reason, I have to say if it's making you physically ill or making you lose sleep - you might consider taking a step back. I don't mean to minimalize anyone's feelings, sincerely. Nobody loves, admires or needs Clay to be around more than me - but in the end, he's a singer, doing a job.

As for the bloggers and various other scumbags - well they are being handed all the ammo they need on a silver platter. Again. And the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.

Another thought I had. It occurs to me that some fans don't know how to enjoy their fandom any more. A minor annoyance, like a tour they are not crazy about becomes a MAJOR CATASTROPHE. A CD with sales they find disappointing is THE END OF CLAY'S CAREER AND IT'S OBVIOUS THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET HIM. We've always been a drama-filled fandom, but what has happened, I think, is that so many of the fans who were more balanced and level-headed have moved on and the balance has tipped more towards the panicking, angsting drama queens. So many of my "sane" fandom friends from the beginning have left the fandom- many because they couldn't deal with the drama any more. That's why I LOVE this place. It's my little spot of sanity.

I know I spend an awful lot of time on FCA (and before that, my previous home board). It's a fun way to share my love of Clay Aiken, and just jibberjabber about him. However -- I also realize that there is more to life than that. I love my husband dearly, and love to watch movies with him, play games on our Wii console with him, cook for him, stuff like that. I take walks when I feel the need to get outside, and go to the gym on a regular basis. To me, it's all about the balance in life. Clay makes me incredibly happy, but he's not my life. I bring this up because I've always wondered if some people have lost sight of that. They seem to me to be so deeply ingrained in Clay, his life, and the fandom in general that if there is nothing going on, or something happens with Clay that they don't particularly like, that they don't know how to cope. The angst that I see may be their way of trying to cope -- but instead it just creates a vicious circle of more angst, and many of us have decided "enough is enough" and went back to other joys in our lives, or figured out a way to balance everything.

Or what cindilu said above me. And I'll doubly add that I'm not trying to minimize feelings -- you own them, they are yours. But some of us have different feelings too -- as long as this fandom can realize that, we can be OK!

djs, I do believe there is a "collective fandom" -- it's just that there are lots of opinions IN that fandom, and it's really just in name only. However, I do know that when someone tells me more than a few times that I SHOULD do something, I'm the type that will, on occasion, do the total opposite just for spite. So yes, I have wondered if Clay, from time to time, has tried to mess with the "collective fandom's heads," just to watch the fireworks. JMO, of course.

OMG..OMG...OMG!!!! I KNOW I shouldn't go out and look around but...there is this big "We need to show Clay some TOUGH LOVE" out there now. WTH? He's almost 30 years old...give me a FREAKING break!!! Should we send him to his room without supper, too?

Oh for freak's sake.

I still don't see this confirmed or anything new. "In talks" and "hopefully" to me is not definite. And I don't see this majorly picked up yet.

So, what does CLay's silence mean to everyone.

And the idea that Clay can't say anything as not to trash Kim is ludicrous. Clay is not his fans. He can issue a simple statement without trashing his friend.. He has done it plenty of times when folks wasn't his friend. Jacob anyone? I don't know anyone with more tact and grace.

1. He is out of the country and knows nothing about the "turmoil" Kim's comments created.

2. He is sitting in Raleigh eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch totally oblivious to the turmoil Kim's comments created.

OR

3. He's typing and retyping his blog so as not to piss anyone off...

1. He is out of the country and knows nothing about the "turmoil" Kim's comments created.

2. He is sitting in Raleigh eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch totally oblivious to the turmoil Kim's comments created.

OR

Door #3. I don't think there's anyway in hell, he doesn't know what's going on.

I hope he blogs soon so the speculation could stop. Then, if it's a "go" - those who feel like throwing up can do so, Those who will have to walk away rather than idolize someone who would do such a thing can walk, and those who think it's one tour out of nine and one that could be really fun and garner a lot of positive press, can sit back and enjoy the whole thing.

OR

Or

4. He is sitting in Raleigh eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch totally LHAO pointing the mess out to someone while shaking his head commenting, "It never ceases to amaze me!"

"Let's find something better to do with our morning, shall we?!" :)

Edited by Cotton

Maybe he's so disgusted with some of the comments made about Ruben and Kim that he's following the old 'if you can't say something nice...' adage.

Maybe he's shaking his head so hard at the audacity of some of the pseudo-managers declaring him (among other things) stupid, desperate, oblivious, and naive that he can't see to type.

Maybe he IS out of the country (as he was for the last OFC meltdown) and isn't aware. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Put up a little poll aboutpossible chat times. We're going for a weekday this time ..sorta similar times to a cellcert - and only going for one hour per night.

Chatting sounds wonderful, but please, please, let's not chat about the three amigos tour, please? The topic already stinks like a dead horse (where's that beating a dead horse emoticon when you need it??) I don't mind the discussion here, I just don't want to waste a good chat on it!

So, what does CLay's silence mean to everyone?

It means to me that Clay is too busy watching KLo in her underwear to blog.

Heh.

Or possibly nothing is confirmed yet, so he doesn't want to create even more angst by posting about a tour and later changing the details.

djs, I do believe there is a "collective fandom" -- it's just that there are lots of opinions IN that fandom, and it's really just in name only. However, I do know that when someone tells me more than a few times that I SHOULD do something, I'm the type that will, on occasion, do the total opposite just for spite. So yes, I have wondered if Clay, from time to time, has tried to mess with the "collective fandom's heads," just to watch the fireworks. JMO, of course.

Well, when I read in other places that maybe he just doesn't want what "we" want for him, or that he is being stubborn in not listening to "us" - then I have to say I bow out of the collective fandom, and let it go at that. Maybe if every time someone spouted grandiose directives about his life, friends, family, and career, and typed "we" - and got a severe electric shock - that would make me feel better!

I am more embarrassed by some of those types of comments than I could ever ever be about enthusiastic blinky ladies.

In a way, this reminds me of a former boyfriend - he started out all great and admiring and supportive, blah blah blah - and then after a bit pretty much gave me a list of things I could change or do in order to make myself more like his ideal girlfriend. Because of course I was supposed to only live to please him - this did not flow in the opposite direction ever, he was perfect. Buh-bye, I happily sent him to be with another woman to boss around and constantly deflate. (no, not a toy!) - I realised that after I stopped trying to please him, and realised I could never really please him, it was just bringing my enjoyment of life down. So I mostly ignored him when he talked.

Edited by djs111

Gibby (and everyone else too!), see this post by couchie about the chat and topics. It even gives a link to suggest other topics (deadline is TODAY!!!). It looks as if we might have to narrow the number of topics down a bit, though....

Well, when I read in other places that maybe he just doesn't want what "we" want for him, or that he is being stubborn in not listening to "us" - then I have to say I bow out of the collective fandom, and let it go at that. Maybe if every time someone spouted directives about his life, friends, family, and career, and typed "we" - and got a severe electric shock - that would make me feel better!

I am more embarrassed by some of those types of comments than I could ever ever be about enthusiastic blinky ladies.

Well, now THAT I totally agree with. I don't think anyone should speak for the ENTIRE fandom at all -- too many different voices. Just to clarify, with my post, I think I'm looking at it from Clay's angle -- that for him it could be easier to deal with "us" as a collective entity -- and yet, knowing full well that there many different opinions within the fandom.

Alright, FCA. A new thread, and hardly any pretty yet?? There one lovely animation of Clay taking his shirt off (yummmm!), and a smutty ultrasound posted by Caro (congrats, and I'll be sending positive vibes your daughter's way!) We need something to drool over!!

IMG_0842_tagged.jpg

clay015-2.jpg

MichiganDCATParty.jpg

meganmullallyshow20061102-05.jpg

WestPointhands.jpg

108_2054_t.jpg

RiversendPC040106.jpg

Door #3. I don't think there's anyway in hell, he doesn't know what's going on.

I sure as hell hope not. I hope he writes what he wants with no regard to the shitstorm going on over this. Why should he worry about pissing anyone off? The majority don't seem to worry about offending him....

It means to me that Clay is too busy watching KLo in her underwear to blog.

Heh.

Hee, this one I like!

4. He is sitting in Raleigh eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch totally LHAO pointing the mess out to someone while shaking his head commenting, "It never ceases to amaze me!"

"Let's find something better to do with our morning, shall we?!" :)

Hee, I like this one too!

Maybe he's so disgusted with some of the comments made about Ruben and Kim that he's following the old 'if you can't say something nice...' adage.

Maybe he's shaking his head so hard at the audacity of some of the pseudo-managers declaring him (among other things) stupid, desperate, oblivious, and naive that he can't see to type.

Maybe he IS out of the country (as he was for the last OFC meltdown) and isn't aware. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Yep, yep and yep. I am down with all 3.

Or possibly nothing is confirmed yet, so he doesn't want to create even more angst by posting about a tour and later changing the details.

Aaaaaand I think this is the most likely scenario of all.

Oh, THANK YOU for those pictures!

Madam Jocelyn, I see what you are saying - I guess maybe it is just that I feel he is not messing with the collective fandom, just the strident noisy jibber-jabbering control freak fans.

Madam Tomahto - I think you can include me in any of YOUR "we" statements! No shocks will be administered.

Jeeezzzz you guys can talk! :scream:

I went to the gym last night, got home worn to a frazzle, went to bed, got up this morning and found us on the lovely thighs dripping with whatever. Which, by the way, I just love! :medium-smiley-070:

I want to pet him. :kos:

I've got both of you big footed women beat..................size 12. In my defense I am tall but not as tall as my feet are big. I like my big feet! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good God! I just realized there's noone around because it's....5:35 AM EDT! WTH do I book these flights at this time of the day? Oh yeah...it's because I gotta go to work when I get there, and I get lost in Halifax in the dark....waah! If you never see me again, someone look in all those windy roads around the McKay bridge in downtown Halifax!

Clay.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'll be passing through there in a couple of hours. Whatcha driving?

I have to go back into the old thread to see what photos you're talking about. Back later, last day here, lots of last minute things to do before I leave.......for Houston. That other place? It's sinking in and beginning to freak me out a little.

Karen Eh....good travels and good experiences. It's all just what you make of it anyway.

Tra la la...

I think we should all prance around in our underwear and high heels during chat...no video required though! I bet a variety of significant others would be thrilled and praise the name of Clay!

Unless you really wanna.

Then we can set up a 900 number. Let me know.

Tra la la...

I think we should all prance around in our underwear and high heels during chat...no video required though!

Unless you really wanna.

Then we can set up a 900 number. Let me know.

Might be a way to finance our trips through the heartland. 1 900 FCA LADY

But I'm sorry I draw the line at high heels.

KarenEh -- all the best to you! We will anticipate your awesome photos of other subjects and other locales, as well as news from your new home. Thank you for all the wonderful CA pictures we have stashed and linked from previous tours! :clap::clap::clap:

Is someone keeping a list of these creative possibilities of our currently MIA singer? :eusa_whistle:

Caro listen.gif