#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Everyone else at the pig pickin' at eBird's remember it fondly. And we finished off the carcass, if I remember right.

Uh speak for yourself Miss Scarlett :F_05BL17blowkiss: I was lovin' the home made beer myself. heee

I just had a sudden "insight." I put it in quotes because I'm not sure whether it's an insight or just a wacky thought.

Lilyshine.. that wasn't a wacky thought. That was deep shit and like JMH my brain probably can't formulate a coherent throught tonight but will definitely go back to it.

I make tomato sauce for pasta, and then there's tomato gravy. I'm not going any further with the recipe since it begins with ... fry six slices of bacon.

bwah...uh yeah, don't go there.

What's this about fried watermelon? Tell me MORE.

:cryingwlaughter: I'm a Top Chef junkie..is that why I can never lose any weight?

I just started watching Top Chef and love it.

. It really increases my energy level. I get up at 4 in the morning. LOL!!!

You're insane!!

Keepingfaith, can I get your receipe for tomato gravy?

We need an FCA recipe book. hee

And now I'm at least 15 - 20 pages behind. Could someone please just kinda summarize the last two days for me? Just the major points? I know I'm emotionally ill-equiped to go back and read word for word.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

:DoClay:

I think you could read here without needing to upchuck and even post your opinion without getting banned. I know you well enough to know that.

Nope. Is it time for me to mention that WVU has a football game tomorrow? Are football posts allowed on this board? If not, I could be in serious trouble. :lol:

Not that I think this is an easy thing to do. It's a fine line. You can't legislate intelligence. But I do think that "fine line" has broadened in some places to the point that only certain viewpoints are clearly welcomed.

That's enough of that!

Anyone got any good crotch shots?

XXX..I cut up your post to comment on the above...

sports in all its forms is openly embraced. heee. My only other online screen name is hoopsdreaming.

it IS a fine line... I know it appears we don't do much and it's a free for all that others like to sit in judgement on - but we know what's acceptable and what isn't. And what I'm discovering, is the more you trust everybody else - the less you worry about what they're going to say.

Muski, she's calling your name!

Sure as anything as soon as I post about food you'll be on something serious. Although playbiller might not want this known we actually ate pig's feet and pig's knuckles as kids. Haven't had them for a while but i do remember their vinagry deliciousnous.

When we were very good we had corned beef on rye with Dr. Brown's celery soda. Ah the good old days.

ETA I knew I'd be a day late again.

Never too late.. I love pickled pig's feet...... with crackers. heh. Haven't had it in years.

And I think I'm caught up.

Food, food, food.

I have a confession: I am from southern Kentucky and do not like grits. It's a mouth-feel thing. Eww. If they're cooked really dry and have enough cheese in 'em, I can stand it, but otherwise, no. Also not a fan of country ham (too salty). If not for my sworn allegiance to UK basketball, they would have kicked me out of the state by now.

Chitlins? No

Liver of any kind? No

Brussel sprouts? No

Salmon patties and fried potatoes? Yes!

Pinto beans and corn bread? Yes, yes!

My mom puts salt on jell-o. But only the jell-o from one particular restaurant.

It was about the rampant (hee) hubris that seems to permeate the collective fandom. There is immense pride about the amount we spend on Clay shi stuff, the number of concerts we go to, the amount of clack we collect, the polls we spam and on and on. Some of this may be justified, but there is an underlying neediness to be top, first, best that is disturbing at times. There seems to be a very real inability to let go and not control everything - including other people's feelings, thoughts and musical tastes. (Clayversion, anyone?)

Perhaps it is hubris that gives the fandom the sense of entitlement. The right to chastise Clay for putting on weight, for selecting which audience member to talk to, to decide on his own career path.

I definitely see that. It's where the insane "pecking order" that some people have comes from. The I'm "better" than you, and I "know" Clay better than you, so I can tell you what to do/think/say/etc. mentality. That's also part of the good fan/bad fan name-calling, I think. And to open a real can of worms, the almost...worship...that some people have for those fans with so-called "inside" knowledge. Not gonna lie, I'd love to be Clay's BFF (among other things) and talk on the phone and watch TV together and know all sorts of things. But #1 that's never gonna happen and #2 if it DID happen, I sure as heck wouldn't be posting on a message board about it. Makes me gag when people fawn over those "connected" folks. Ugh.

I also think some of the entitlement is a warped outgrowth of Idol. "We put him where he is so he owes us."

I’m glad I’m here now. I always thought this fandom was supposed to be fun! Silly me.

And, believe it or not, and I’m sure you’d prefer not to believe it, I have lots more to say. Woe is you! But I’m sick of being a dog walker. Not how I pictured myself.

I'm glad you're here, too! I hope you pull up a chair and stay. And you'll become a body guard in no time - you just need 51 posts.

Now I find myself actually hesitant to read elsewhere because I'm getting sick and I don't wanna feel worse...so I'm just gonna grab some files that will let me get SOME work done at home tomorrow if I end up too sick to go to the office and then go home and have some tea with honey.

I love this place. :wub:

I hope you feel better soon, Muski!

Sure Bookwhore...

1 - Kim's press release about the Reunited Tour was picked up by media outlets.

2 - Fans decided it was a stoopid idea and wanted to hear from Clay about it.

3 - Clay blogged about Fantasia's performance in The Color Purple and recommended we see it.

4 - Fans went nuts. Demanded he address the tour issue, threatened to leave the fandom, etc., the usual.

5 - Clay blogged again. Said it ain't gonna' happen. Said it was Kim's idea to which he never committed.

That might not summarize it all that well, but ah'm gonna' be one step closer to being a bodyguard with this post!

Great summary! Only two more posts and you're there. Hey, they could even be picture posts, so you don't have say anything meaningful, except maybe 'GUH', or 'WOW', or some other exclamation!

In my opinion? The decline began the day that covers blurb appeared in EW. Things have never been the same since that day. And no, I don't think we can go home again.

I agree with this 100%. It was a long honeymoon until then.

But...... I have to confess, I was angry when his first blog did not address the situation.... and I left a comment that showed my anger. It was the first time i have ever left a comment in his blog. When he did address it, I commented again and apologized to him as i realized that he must not have been aware of what was going on. Not that he will read it, but i felt better.

(bolding mine)

:clap::clap::clap:

I’m glad I’m here now. I always thought this fandom was supposed to be fun! Silly me.

And, believe it or not, and I’m sure you’d prefer not to believe it, I have lots more to say. Woe is you! But I’m sick of being a dog walker. Not how I pictured myself.

Hi xxx! I was sickened over what happened, too, which is why I stayed away from it. No green ink for me this time! Nosireeeeee! But anyway I wanted to address the bolded part. The fandom had ceased being fun for me, too, until I found my way here. Now I'm enjoying being a Clay fan again. As long as I don't venture too far from home.

Oh, and if you just postho a whole bunch real quick you won't be a dog walker anymore. It doesn't take long. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Don't really care for chocolate

That's a hangin' offence! OMG who let you in??

:fca:

I agree! Chocolate is a major food group!! And the dark, yummy stuff is full of good antioxidants.

Here in Colorado very few people eat grits, or anything having to do with pigs except pork or ham. No pigs feet or intestines or anything like that. Most of the food ya'll have been posting about would make me gag. I feel yucky when I eat really fatty or rich stuff. Now, chocolate? I have noooo problem with that. The darker, the better.

Just caught up.

I hate workimg.

No idea what is going on. Are we discussing food???

I just say no to dead animals. Also say no to brussel sprouts and peanut butter. Definite yes to chocolate. Grits are good with maple syrup or brown sugar.

Also love wine and vodka. What? aren't they one of the essential food groups?

I am unsuccessfullu trying to type here. Walso is curled up in my lap. head on arm, so typing is difficult.

I give up!

Oh, and if you just postho a whole bunch real quick you won't be a dog walker anymore. It doesn't take long. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Geez, you get a reputation for being barky and stupid showing enthusiasm, and suddenly nobody wants wants to hang around with you anymore. Poor Durham - I'm sure your daddy still loves you. :cryingwlaughter:

Durham1.jpg

Chocolate for sure is a food group. I have a least some chocolate after every meal even breakfast. I know that sounds sick.

I grew up eating Liver and Onions at least once a month, but after getting out on my own would only make it about once a year.

Love all of your pictures. My sister tried taken pictures last Christmas tour, and nothing turned out. My friend tried this summer and nothing turned out. So I so enjoy anything that is posted.

It is so nice to come and read respectful post. Clay deserves respect.

I leave...and five hours later, we're still on food?

*high five*

couchie, if you ban me for liking brussel sprouts, that just means YOU'LL have to delete all the spambot registrants...

Someone mentioned "mouth feel" in regards to foods. I can identify with that one -- with gum drops/gummy bears and the like. Blech. The other food that I really don't like all that well, with one exception, is chocolate covered fruit. It's weird, because I love chocolate (the darker the better), but the combination of fruit with it turns me off. The exception? Fresh chocolate covered strawberries. Food of the freakin' gods.

{{{{{{ToldForThis}}}}}}

And big old :F_05BL17blowkiss: to xxx4clay, just 'cause.

I hate to be self-congratulatory so much of the time...but gosh, this place makes me feel good, and I keep saying it over and over again.

Durham is such a cute doggie. And I'm a cat lover....so I'm cheating on my animals....

Dark chocolate is my friend, yummy!

(are we past the Kim talk? I was afraid I was going to have to change my name!)

Kim

[Ruminating] :chatting:

I've been reading here with great interest the reactions to the dramatic outcry to the "Never-a-Tour" announcement by Kim. I'm something of an anxious fan myself and can relate to a lot of their feelings but not necessarily their actions. I tend to "ruminate" quietly on things that make me anxious and don't much express my fears about Clay's career openly on the boards. I don't like to be a buzz kill so I stifle myself. Some people suffer silently and some emote openly. It's a diverse world out there.

I worry about Clay's career, because I am afraid that maybe in the not so distant future, we won't "have" him entertaining us. His ticket sales seem to be dropping off with each tour. Who knows how the next CD will sell. We have the swamp dwellers to thank for most of that mess.

In some ways, I do think Clay is happy with the way things are in his career. He seems so comfortable with his fans now, and I don't think that's just as a result of the medication. But I do think he was unhappy about the last CD. He didn't want to do covers and that makes me sad for him. I think he does want to maintain a high profile, because, really, what would he do now if his singing and entertaining career came to an end. That's why I think he is looking for other opportunities to branch out into the talk show stuff. I think maybe some fans do want him to be "cool" because to them, "cool" means career longevity. I want career longevity for him to, but I don't want to see him wind up in Branson, at least not for another 40 years, and I will probably be dead by then so I won't care! *g* :cryingwlaughter:

I abolutely do think a lot of reaction to Kim's Billboard blurb was a major overreaction. And I'm glad I was at working and not able to see the reaction to the first blog. When I did sneak a peek at the boards, I saw that there was a blog and that Clay didn't mention anything. I laughed at first because I thought that was funny, and then I thought maybe he didn't even know what was going down. It does kill me that some of the most vociferous of the "unconditional" fans seemed to be the first ones who wanted to throw him overboard! I actually felt like going back to that "unconditional" thread and reposting some of the posts along side of the current posts. It would look something like this:

Unconditional thread:

Iloveclaysnosehair: Clay, you are a treasure and I will never turn my back on you. I will always be your fan, forever and a day! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

"Reunion Tour" thread:

Iloveclaysnosehair: Clay, you can just forget about sharing any of my hard-earned cash with Studdard and Locke! What are your trying to pull over on us? How could you do this to meeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :angry22:

Yes, Clay absolutely has an OTT, overly-invested internet fan base. But it's those same overly invested OTT fans who voted their fingers off when he was on AI, who have bought the major portion of the 5 million or whatever in cd sales, the $30 million in concert tickets, and raised the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, in support of his charitable endeavors. I am one of them. They are me. I am proud to be an overly-invested Clay Aiken fan, [small voice] even if they embarrass me sometimes.[/sv]

I want Clay to be a major star because I want everyone to see what I see in this wonderful, gifted man. I want to share him. But more than that, I want him to have the career he wants to have. I don't get to tell him what that is, and nor should I. I just hope he's going to be around for a long, long time. The fandom wears an ugly face sometimes, but it's the same fandom that has sustained Clay's career.

[/end ruminating] :bolt:

Edited by kiermar

Hey to all the newer posters, and also to all those other people and guests lurking down there at the bottom of the page. Are we what you thought we'd be?

OK, I'll step out from behind the wall... a little nervously, but still...

I've been pleasantly surprised at what I've found here over the past couple of weeks of lurking... I'm not a big poster anywhere... really mostly a lurker... I venture out a bit but I've never really felt comfortable anywhere yet... my very first post somewhere else got me smacked down - that tends to make you gun shy... hoping this might be the place... it's really hard when it seems like folks have all these established friendships... and of course, if I keep posting I suppose I'll have to figure out the avitar and that other stuff too... damn. Where is that picture of my son again?....

But I like the atmosphere of fun here... I'm a fan for the fun - my fandom MUST be fun... I've laughed more the last couple of weeks (and today especially) than I have in a loooooong time!

Stayed out of the shit crap storm over the last couple of days... was I crazy about the tour idea... no, don't like my Clay with any other entrees (I do like the Q and A side dishes) but I don't get to tell Clay what to do... I'm along for the ride... as long as I'm havin' fun and enjoying it, then it's good. If I stop havin' fun, then I'm done. So far, so good.

Food? Did you say food? My favorite subject - although it's somewhat limited by my participation in WW (friggin metabolism)... but...

Liver? Just no. Mom used to give me liver sandwiches... liver between two slices of Wonder bread... thank god for my friend who liked it and would eat it for me... ate it one other time when I was pregnant thinking I was doing something noble for my baby... sorry, once was enough, didn't care if he came out stoopid...

Brussel sprouts - will this get me kicked out before I even have a chance? Flove them! Cooked cauliflower too!

Salt on fruit - yep - Mom was from PA/OH area and she brought that one with her... but I don't do it anymore.

Grits - instant - haven't had any other kind... like them plain...

Comfort food? Kraft cheese slices on buttered bread, jammed together into a sandwich... oh yeah.

Ok, that's probably enough for a first post... here goes nothing!

Before I forget, I just want to wish all of our Jewish friends a happy new year. Rosh Hashana started at sundown. May this year bring health, happiness and love to all you hold near and dear to your hearts.

(My grandmother would be so proud of me for remembering!)

Welcome Spikesmom, I love cheese sandwiches, but my favorite is a tuna melt...tuna on rye with cheese and then grilled.

So who is Spike?

Kim

Hi spikesmom. You will find this board will welcome you with open arms. If you look at some of the posters joining dates you will find a lot of them are fairly new and have indeed become Postwhores.

It is just plain fun here and has room for all opinions and styles of posting whether it be serious, goofy or smutty!

Although I will say it's the smutty posts seem to go over really well!

:DoClay:

But I like the atmosphere of fun here... I'm a fan for the fun - my fandom MUST be fun... I've laughed more the last couple of weeks (and today especially) than I have in a loooooong time!

It was fun today, wasn't it? A needed release of stress, I think.

Spill it, Bookwhore!

Geez, you get a reputation for being barky and stupid showing enthusiasm, and suddenly nobody wants wants to hang around with you anymore.
bottlecap, I thought you were talking about me there for a minute...heh.

Oh, and xxx! I think I remember your distinctive boardname on one or more of my story threads at CV...am I right or just delusional :whistling-1: I, too, have also enjoyed some of your creativity via clack and am applauding your big ole' post back thread here :clap: and see that Couchie already picked up on the part of it that spoke to me....I believe you asked about crotch shots? :lilredani:

EastonJunk.jpg

ChestHair.jpg

oops! How did THAT last one sneak in there? :medium-smiley-070:

Yep, dis iz dah place, fo' sho! :XmasRed:

Welcome Spikesmom, I love cheese sandwiches, but my favorite is a tuna melt...tuna on rye with cheese and then grilled.

So who is Spike?

Kim

Spike is my son - his name is actually Mike and we've called him Spike since he was a wee one (he just turned 20). When I first got into the online fandom (May of 2003), I couldn't think of anything really original for a board name so latched onto my son... of course, little did I know that I'd probably regret that choice a couple years later once someone else burst onto the scene... :scream: but here I am... hopefully no one will hold it against me...

Geez, you get a reputation for being barky and stupid showing enthusiasm, and suddenly nobody wants wants to hang around with you anymore.

bottlecap, I thought you were talking about me there for a minute...heh.

Ah, muski, I was trying to come up with some sort of leg humping joke to drop in here, but it's late and I couldn't quite get it to work.