#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Tra la la...

I think we should all prance around in our underwear and high heels during chat...no video required though!

Unless you really wanna.

Then we can set up a 900 number. Let me know.

Might be a way to finance our trips through the heartland. 1 900 FCA LADY

But I'm sorry I draw the line at high heels.

But do they make high heels for people with big feet like us, we, I?

Should we send him to his room without supper, too?
Hmmm....I'll go for sending him to bed for a spanking, actually.

Stargazer! Good GAWD, woman! I right clicked and saved like the madho I am...whoa...:Thud:

There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.

He slays me.

Edited by muskifest

Should we send him to his room without supper, too?
Hmmm....I'll go for sending him to bed for a spanking, actually.

Stargazer! Good GAWD, woman! I right clicked and saved like the madho I am...whoa...:Thud:

There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.

He slays me.

Wait until you see the Slow Hand montage I just posted! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Lastnight when I found those pictures, I literally lost my breath.

There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender..

Now you just stop that! They'll send me away for petting picture parts.

So, what does CLay's silence mean to everyone.

1. He is out of the country and knows nothing about the "turmoil" Kim's comments created.

2. He is sitting in Raleigh eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch totally oblivious to the turmoil Kim's comments created.

OR

3. He's typing and retyping his blog so as not to piss anyone off...

...or he's sitting there saying to himself, 'It's just a tour, women!!' (ala Asheville/Biltmore banter)

Life is so unpredictable. The day Pavarotti died I cried. Big wet tears. So much beauty passed from this earth. On a day like today it's hard to not sit and ponder this stuff. Who the heck knows where any of us will be at this time next year...but I know this, if I'm here and Clay is on tour, I will try to get there...and if I can't see him live, I will be downloading like crazy. Life it too short not to take in all the beauty you can. You know, if we get really, really lucky he will tour in the spring and the fall...and with a new CD thrown in there somewhere along the way to boot. A girl can dream.

*thank god, I'm under stargazer_muah*

Edited by laughn

OMG..OMG...OMG!!!! I KNOW I shouldn't go out and look around but...there is this big "We need to show Clay some TOUGH LOVE" out there now. WTH? He's almost 30 years old...give me a FREAKING break!!! Should we send him to his room without supper, too?

I, frankly, am shocked that there was no follow-up mention of giving him a good spanking. Maybe I've had too much caffeine this a.m.... ;)

it's not Clive, but the AI machine that is evil and pulling the strings, forcing him to do this.

So many monsters under the bed. Skeery stuff. lol

1. He is out of the country and knows nothing about the "turmoil" Kim's comments created.

2. He is sitting in Raleigh eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch totally oblivious to the turmoil Kim's comments created.

OR

Or typing and retyping his blog to carefully construe the secretly coded message that will provide definitive proof for a full range of conspiracy theories. He's probably selecting which words to put in all caps and which commas to put out of place so as to lead his clever fans down the secret path of inside knowledge.

Yeah...definitely too much caffeine this morning.

God bless those Sterling Heights jeans.

Edited by Mandler

I, frankly, am shocked that there was no follow-up mention of giving him a good spanking. Maybe I've had too much caffeine this a.m....

I read this Manderly and rolled my eyes, ready to bitch about nobody reading my posts...then I went back and saw that the post I composed never made it to the thread (This damned job keeps interrupting my smutting about Clay, demmit! :onsoapbox: )....but I HAD immediately jumped on that little ditty dangling there...with something not so original, but effective, about sending him to my bed for a good spanking and other good things....

Of course, doing that would not be a punishment in any way.....for either of us, I imagine. :whistling-1:

Personally, I don't think he has to be out of the country to be unaware of the response. In fact, he may not even know Kim made any kind of statement.

Fans generally tend to assume that he is as tuned into the online fandom as we are to him. However, if he's busy, he may not have reason to check the boards, and his family or management may not have heard about the furor either. This "story" hasn't really gone wide yet. Seriously, outside the CA boards, I have not heard a peep about this, and I've seen the Google and Yahoo sites, the entertainment news shows, and the local news. The VMA Awards have consumed the vast majority of press attention.

Or possibly nothing is confirmed yet, so he doesn't want to create even more angst by posting about a tour and later changing the details.

If he does know, I think this is the most likely scenario. I would not be surprised if the tour plans really are rather preliminary or tentative at this time. Venues may not have been booked or even contacted. It's possible that he may have other developments or plans in the works that could prevent a spring tour from happening, things he he cannot discuss at this time. Who knows? Maybe RCA/Jive isn't crazy about having their artists in a tour that may help a Curb artist more than their own. Or perhaps he and Ruben are waiting to respond in an official press release when they have a better sense of whether this will actually happen or not.

If tour plans really are in flux, he may not know exactly what to say just yet, especially if he doesn't want to publicly contradict Kim's excited statements.

Oh, it has hit the Ruben and Kim boards - the Kim boards love it, the Ruben boards, not so much.

I was thinking about why I post things that offend some people, a lot. I think it is because I am more invested in Clay than other posters. I would rather write something he could see, than something other posters can see. Of course, that is weird because Clay does not sit around and read boards, but I do believe that he is an invisible (hee) member (hee), the empty seat at the table, so to speak.

Oh, it has hit the Ruben and Kim boards - the Kim boards love it, the Ruben boards, not so much.

The Kim fans are a mellow bunch of folks. They just love their girl and don't really involve themselves in flame wars. They would have never gotten involved any sort of fan wars. Now react defensively to the name calling and attacks? Who knows.

I agree with you Jenna. But I definitely think if he can fit it in he'll do it. I just don't think he'll do it at the expense of any new CD plans. A tour for the new CD IMO should be down the road anyway -- give him time to promote a CD the right way. So if it comes out fall, a tour for it should be spring 2009.

I am so far behind! I have no idea what was photoshopped and just an inkling of latest controversy. I did go back and drool over the lovelies in this thread, though. I've got my priorities.

Just a quick word on the rumored tour...

I think it will be fun. Clay will have fun with his friends - and he's at this best when he's excited and having fun. I enjoyed Ruben and Kim on AI, so I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Clay seems to get bored easily and he shares the spotlight so well with others, so why not? We could get to see yet another side of his interesting personality.

I don't really think this would be replacing something else he could be doing, because, from what I can tell, it takes a long time for tours and appearances to get planned and set up. Clay said in a M&G that he wouldn't tour this summer if he didn't have a CD drop in the spring, so I look at it as a possible bonus. I've never believed we would get the CD in the spring - too "soon". Maybe in the fall, and then we'll get another tour! (I can hope!) Never enough live Clay, IMO.

However, I do know that when someone tells me more than a few times that I SHOULD do something, I'm the type that will, on occasion, do the total opposite just for spite. So yes, I have wondered if Clay, from time to time, has tried to mess with the "collective fandom's heads," just to watch the fireworks. JMO, of course.
OMG, we MUST be related!!! I love you for your consistently wise words, LadyJ! And I love this board. Couchie, I happen to think you're a genius with the aplomb and skill with which you manage this board. And Ansa, I love reading the fresh perspectives I always see in your words. I've learned from all of you.

And if I were Clay Aiken, and aware of the fantizzy going on, I'd not blog on purpose because I'd be throwing up my hands and saying in my best Chris Tucker, Oh, HELL, no!

I feel strangely detached and remote from the "collective fandom" right now. This whole gnashing of teeth about a reunion tour interests me not. A resurgence of the industrial strength angst is not in my planner - yesterday, today or tomorrow. I read for 15 minutes on another board and that was enough -- I haven't ventured away from FCA since. It's just not safe -- somebody could get seriously hurt in that hysteria. And, although I've always hated the word hysteria because it seems sexist to me, in this case I think it applies. I wasn't around for past "fan wars" -- but the last year of bullshit was more than enough nonsense for me. I personally can't think of anything more juvenile than "fan wars" and I'm embarrassed for humanity that this crap goes on.

Thank you, FCA. You stand alone as a bastian of openness, sanity, balance, and blessed smut. I bow down.

FYI: I downloaded that "Slow Hand" montage from YouTube several days ago and LOVE IT. It is so Hot Hot Hot, especially before bedtime!

Back later, last day here, lots of last minute things to do before I leave.......for Houston. That other place? It's sinking in and beginning to freak me out a little.

:hugs-1:

Things FullyFunctional has saved me from writing:

I, too, find the gagging and puking disrespectful to Clay, Ruben AND KLo. How would Clay fans feel if they visited a message board for the other two AI alumni involved and saw a bunch of folks gagging and puking over the idea of their idol touring with Clay? There would be much gnashing of teeth; I can tell you that!

It doesn't bother me at all that some folks are not crazy about the tour idea. While I love all three artists and would love to see them all in concert, I can certainly understand that some don't think this tour is a very good idea. But I don't understand the intensity of some peoples' anguish and the weeping and wailing. If the tour sounds like a dud to you, why not just skip this one and wait for the next one? It's not a requirement to attend every single tour Clay has.

Until Clay releases a new CD that is supported by his label, I don't see him as able to really carry a tour on his own right now. Unfortunately, he's not really gaining a ton of new fans at the moment, and there will be natural attrition in any fandom. While Ruben and Kim are probably not drawing huge crowds, they are drawing different crowds, and perhaps the nostalgic idea of AI2 redux will draw in some general AI fans, which may lead to Clay gaining some new fans. I am not a career strategist type- I have no interest in telling Clay how to run his career- but even I can see that it is crucial for Clay to build his fanbase back up. Until he gets that next CD out, and unless the CD sees significant label support, it can't hurt for him to tour with some other folks.

Though I am a Clay fan first and foremost, it does bother me to see some attitudes of "Clay is too good to deign to tour with those also-rans, Ruben and Kim." It bothers me because Kim and Ruben are Clay's friends; at least that's the message Clay has given us thus far, and I hate to see fans trash Clay's friends. It also bothers me because I find it hypocritical. Can you just imagine how angry the fans would be if they read the same sentiment about Clay from Kim and Ruben fans? Do unto others, and all... If I were Clay and read the posts about this at the OFC, I would be deeply offended and would probably push the idea just out of spite. And add Carmen to the roster. :medium-smiley-070:

And I fricking LOVE how this has finally made its tortuous yet inevitable crawl back to Evil Clive Conspiracy Planet - evidently Clay is (theoretically as yet) planning these concerts because Clive/RCA has pulled the next CD already.

Heheh. Well on another board, it's not Clive, but the AI machine that is evil and pulling the strings, forcing him to do this. That Kimberley has zero to do with AI is irrelevant, donchaknow.

<snip>

As for the bloggers and various other scumbags - well they are being handed all the ammo they need on a silver platter. Again. And the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.

How many times will his "defenders" and "career managers" have to do that before they catch on???

Or typing and retyping his blog to carefully construe the secretly coded message that will provide definitive proof for a full range of conspiracy theories. He's probably selecting which words to put in all caps and which commas to put out of place so as to lead his clever fans down the secret path of inside knowledge.

FCA rocks!!!

I believe this tour is the real deal at this point. I can't imagine that the management teams didn't put out feelers to the venues for responses to booking. I could be way off base...but, I am betting it is the real deal.

Personally, I am not stunned..in fact, when I digested the news...I smiled and said to myself..this is so Clay Aiken...

:allgood:

I personally think that Clay is capable of running his own life and career and I'm just along for the ride. I'd LOVE a reunion concert on TV to start the ball rolling--think of the exposure! Whatever Clay decides is ok for me.

I REALLY have little patience for the people who try to run Clay's career and act all offended when he doesn't "mind" them. If people don't like the idea of the trio concert, they should stay home. Period. But, ranting and raving about how Clay is ignoring the fandom and losing them as fans is way over the top. Sorry for the rant, but some of what people are saying is just so childish and revolting that it almost made me heave. (Present company excepted, of course).

I am clearly more spiteful than you people...if I had the technical know-how, every person who is just being psychotic about the possibility of a C/R/K tour would not be able to download clack from it...especially if it's that once in a lifetime performance half a block from their house and the tickets were only $10 and they decided to "teach Clay a lesson". Everyone who attended who be unable to describe it, it would be that kick ass...little incredible snippets would leak to the internet...and when the "teachers" approached the fonts of all clack, they would say, "BWAH HA HA HA!"

Good think I ain't a clack gatherer...

I'm hoping the silence is because he's sitting down with with a glass of milk & cookies to finally do the numbers...

(after initially going, "That was a fun sleepover/karaoke night, we should turn it into a tour")

* The best scenario for airtime is all trios, because then every person would be singing all the time, just never alone

* Unless the show were mostly trios, each person would sing less than 67% of the time

* Assuming a fixed show length, every solo added to the list will reduce the total amount of time any one person will sing (because for every solo for Person A, there will be 2X songs where Person A will not sing at all)

* A sample scenario of 4 solo's, 2 duets per pair and 4 trios would mean that each performet sings 57% of the time

Yawn, I'm bored... I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes...

ETA: A poll? Isn't it a bit late for that? I don't put that much stock in research and will always go for gut feel before stacks of reports and charts, but isn't that something you'd normally do before getting too deep into a project & certainly before giving it to Billboard?

Edited by Scarlett