#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

You know, when I joined this board (SO LONG ago--August 24), the board moved so slowly that I could just check every few hours during the day and sometimes find a few comments, but NOW, if I'm gone for a hour I miss important stuff (like the definition of jello!).

WTF????

So is the new rule a short burst of angst and cursing, followed by prolonged food talk? Where does the smut slide into there?

See, bottle can't live without her smut!

Here, I'll help. Jello is symbolic of hard stuff made soft, and (some) women take great pleasure in it. Run with it, smutters!

My mother used to make a Trifle and put cake and fruit cocktail in the Jello part (oops jelly part*g*) Then vanilla pudding on top covered with real whipped cream (not your fancy aerosol kind) and nuts and cherries.

My husband grew up on Charnina too..loves the stuff! Yuck!!!

I think I will stay over here today! :eusa_whistle:

hat sounds like one of those emails you type and then hit the delete key instead of the send.
Crap, now I can't remember who said this...but YEAH!

Lord. Kim, Kim....(shakes head and tsks tsks) Two months and no call? Dang...and I thought I was delusional! :cryingwlaughter:

And I'm with whoever said something about her referring to Clay as feeling "unfortunate" as being unfortunately an example of poor communication skills there (maybe it's a good thing she decided not to be a lawyer)...I cannot imagine Clay feeling 'unfortunate' about too much these days. Now I DO surmise from his blog that he feels the situation (the misunderstanding, ambiguity and what it created, etc.) is unfortunate....but he don't feel anything but lucky and blessed I betcha for the most part, fo sho.

I fear, with some of you, that this will find its way to the entertainment 'journalists' and their scramble for a "NEWSFLASH!"...won't be surprised to find it twisted all whichaway by the tv mag shows, tabloids, blogs and various pundits who thrive on such crappola..Expect words like "diva" and "inflated ego" and "disses friends" and....

Esta es la vida, verdad? :RedGuy::rolleyes:

JennaZ! I'm totally pissed at you! Do you mean to say that I was in LA with you and you didn't say anything about these 88 sushi restaurants? WTF? <_< Next time, okay? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I made the mistake of letting everyone in the office know that although I'm home, I'm available...shit. Not the smartest thing I've ever done.

And may I just say this? Couchie! I'm waiting for you to bug me about joining you for the Heartland Road Trip...you haven't yet. WTF? :cryingwlaughter:(muski scampers away from a horrible humongous spreadsheet and to travelocity to check out flights to....where are we going again? :eusa_whistle: )

My mother used to make a Trifle and put cake and fruit cocktail in the Jello part (oops jelly part*g*) Then vanilla pudding on top covered with real whipped cream (not your fancy aerosol kind) and nuts and cherries.

My husband grew up on Charnina too..loves the stuff! Yuck!!!

I think I will stay over here today! :eusa_whistle:

I haven't ventured out to the other boards yet, but if sitting here talking about charnina and connective tissue is better than out there, then I'm staying put too. :P

merrieeee...your Trifle sounds yummy. Only ten more pounds to lose before I'm actually the weight my driver license says. Holy crap!, close to a milestone I tell ya'!

Clay content? Clay knows all about dieting...

PhillyPASLC_PreWIS.jpg

:cryingwlaughter:

One of the things that has stayed with me from the M&G reports this summer is that someone, somewhere, reported that when asked if he planned to write another book, Clay responded, "I didn't write the first one." Does anyone recall that? I suppose that, if true, this comment could be taken a couple of ways -- that he dictated remembrances and opinions into a tape recorder and Allison Glock fashioned the tapes into a book and he takes no credit in the writing thereof, or that in some small way he's beginning to distance himself from parts of the book. Of course, it could just be Clay's general snark!

I say snark...cos Allison must've written a bulk of it but I am sure Clay was pretty much hands on and even wrote as much as Allison. There was just so much of Clay in the actual tone of the text.

sigh...you know, I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt these last few days but....this....dang. I'm just liking her less and less. Clay was so classy in his response and there she goes getting all personal and pissy.

Seriously, if she hadn't heard from him and he wasn't returning her calls for 2 months, at least according to her, how many more clues did she need?

Yeah...this is not a smart move. BUT...Clay did sound pissy in his blog and when I read that I immediately felt for Kim. I do think the pissy tone was more because of what Clay must've just read on his comment section and on the boards. If we were pissy with what was written I'm sure Clay was very pissy and possibly hurt too. Was he pissy at Kim?...two months without a return call...maybe.

I agree with Kandre...this is not going to be good for Kim. I do think that as long as Clay does not escalate this with another pissy response or if Kim does not talk about it to the media it won't get outside of the three fan base...at least I hope not.

I totally agree that this would never come to this if the fans didn't over react. Clay and Kim are people with feelings that can get hurt. Hurt feelings results in emotional response...emotional response usually does not go very well in the public arena.

Ah Jenna ...once again we are in sync with our two favorites...kare kare and sushi. When I was in SF my Aunt treated me to a sushi and seafood Buffet...I was in heaven. Actually in my family we put more than just oxtail in kare kare..and that is all I will say because I do not want to gross people out.

my favorite Jello dessert is the broken glass window. Several flavors of jello cut in a cube and set in a mold with unflavored gelatin and cream...the result is very pretty and yummy.

I have had jello carrot salad and lime jello with coleslaw...they can be very tasty.

Muski, the ONLY reason I haven't bugged you yet about my trip to the heartland is cuz I'm still in a state of shock and denial. hee. Anticipation of course but more shock and denial :cryingwlaughter: I'm sitting around with my calendar with the paydays checked off, and spreadsheets and budgets, and bookmarked airlines etc etc. Calgon, take me away!

I totally agree that this would never come to this if the fans didn't over react. Clay and Kim are people with feelings that can get hurt. Hurt feelings results in emotional response...emotional response usually does not go very well in the public arena.

You're very smart Ansa...still surprised she did such a stupid thing though. She should have just called him and cussed him out :cryingwlaughter: oh wait.... heee

You crack me up YSRN. .005 indeed. You're generous. It's a car wreck moving in slo mo. Everybody needs to stop and take a look in the mirror - Kim included - before this is escalated into what was that? Defcon5? Whatever that means. heee. Remember the good old days when you had to write a letter?

Anybody still write letters?

Now that Muski has me in an enabling mood...

How about a road trip. I hear Minneapolis is nice in December heh.

Heee!

Yeah, I lived in St.Paul when I was 3. All I remember is my snow suit and some scary ass life-sized doll in our basement ala Chucky!

December in Minnesota. I'm sure it's lovely.

I'm game. Call my agent. LOL!!!

What's ironic is that people are just now worried about what the media will make of this. And still without a single glance in the mirror.

Incredible!

I have always liked Kimberley, and this whole situation is as frustrating as hell to watch play out. I can't imagine being the one at the center of the storm. It must suck to constantly have your interviews padded with questions about other Idols, especially Clay. I can only think that now those questions might become a little more pointed. Hopefully, her answers won't be.

Edited by cindilu2

You crack me up YSRN. .005 indeed. You're generous. It's a car wreck moving in slo mo. Everybody needs to stop and take a look in the mirror - Kim included - before this is escalated into what was that? Defcon5? Whatever that means. heee.

Defense Condition.

Defcon 5 = peacetime readiness

and moves up to (God forbid)

Defcon 1 = State of Emergency - Nuclear Weapons Authorized

Hey, I was in Minneapolis last winter (06) and on the way to the airport one evening the taxi driver said the outside temp was -10 F and with the wind chill (according to a radio report) was -32 F. In the short walk from teh hotel lobby to the taxi I thought my face was being lacerated with lots of little razors...

But hey...it's Clay, right? Couchie....let's talk, shall we? And don't wait two months to get back to me, either, or I'll write a fucking press release that'll make your toes curl! In all the wrong ways!

ETA: I just noticed that in my avie, Clay looks like that cute little gopher in "Caddyshack" who pops up from his hole in the golf course and does a groovy dance....LOVE that gopher! (That Aiken guy ain't too bad, either.)

Edited by muskifest