#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Good God, this is so junior high school. But friendships aren't...I hope Kim and Clay can meet IN PERSON and work this out between them...if that's what they want to do.

Muski, for an instant, this sentence made me think of the Clay and Kim in NBTT. I wub that story, well, and all your stories!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I KNOW my cat Larry is peeing on every bush in the yard to mark his territory because I got a new kitten and the cat from next door keeps walking through the yard.

Beyond that, I don't know shit.

I have no idea what REALLY transpired between Kim and Clay.

I DO know that I love lime jello with cottage cheese as long as it has pineapple in it AND I love this picture.

004.jpg

Thanks Toots, chcking with Amazon now.

About all the latest crap"I know nuttin", but it's almost 4:00 here and that means :wein:

aaaand I get to pour drinks for all on top of the page, let's all get plastered, why not??? :trink4:

Edited by woo lovereyes

Guess what I found? All this talk earlier about Pixels and Detectives............Of course if admins don't want it here feel free to delete it. I have to tell you, though, this was one of my proudest Clay moments. I was sooooo jealous of Mezghan. Mine are bigger Clay.... :eusa_whistle: Of course they are heading in the wrong direction. :cryingwlaughter:

mezghan.jpg

IMO, What Kim did was a bit unprofessional and it would seem by that time she mentioned, she would have known it wasn't a go. You don't just put something out there. If indeed, it was a go for the three, the professional thing would have been to have a joint press release. Someone else posted that if your date doesn't call you back, don't start planning the wedding. JMO- I taking up for Clay. No surprise. LOL. I spend my days and nights on a Clay fanboard. Jim Kelly at WRAL in Raleigh is reporting the correct story. This is per CV.

Well, personally I don't know what the "professional" thing was to do, but IMHO Press releases are way over rated and bandied about the fandom as if they carry some great weight. The end all be all of everything and they simply are not. IMHO Maybe she is a bit unprofessional but I could name a dozen things I think Clay has done, or said, that I thought was unprofessional too. Mainly dissing the industry you are trying to break into. I think they are, or were, friends and I think it is a shame that Clay's fans might have put a wedge in that friendship. JMO of course.

I agree jmh. I don't know what exact words he might of used but I do believe that what ever he said to her, she took it that he liked the idea and was on board for it. There obviously was some miscommunication and it is regrettable this whole thing happened.

My only problem with that is that he hasn't returned her call so she should have gotten the hint that this is not exactly a go. Now I do think that Clay probably shouldn't have used avoidance technique to deal with this...I still think that if the fans didn't go ballistic about this, then Clay would have heard about this story floating around through his management...He probably would've contacted her or his management contacted her management and he need not make a public denial that became awkward for the two friends.

I am totally on board with Jenna's scenario...

Guess what I found? All this talk earlier about Pixels and Detectives............Of course if admins don't want it here feel free to delete it. I have to tell you, though, this was one of my proudest Clay moments. I was sooooo jealous of Mezghan. Mine are bigger Clay.... :eusa_whistle: Of course they are heading in the wrong direction. :cryingwlaughter:

mezghan.jpg

Well I do happen to love that picture....so I will exclude myself from that decision...

yup...she's one lucky girl...heh

I KNOW my cat Larry is peeing on every bush in the yard to mark his territory because I got a new kitten and the cat from next door keeps walking through the yard.

I DO know that I love lime jello with cottage cheese as long as it has pineapple in it AND I love this picture.

004.jpg

for those not familiar with the pin that started this board...

gallery_2_3_17118.jpg

So many great posts last night!

What disturbs me, sometimes, is that there seem to be many who seem to have lost a sense of perspective. The message boards are literally, their entire life. There are some who post so frequently you have to wonder, "Do you have a job? Do you have a family? Do you do anything that isn't Clay related?" And it is because they are only on the boards, every little thing takes on monumental significance. All they know about the world is what they've read on the boards and how it relates to Clay. And because the boards are their universe, they can't imagine that they would not be significant part of his.

Oooh people can testify, I always wonder how people with jobs and family can post on so many boards and keep up with so many and know exactly where and when Clayandr is reading a thread and I fall behind interviewing dog sitters or going for a 1 hour swim or out buying food for 2 days.

As long as I'm here....watched a portion of GMA this morning with Diane going to congratulate Reg and asshole Kelly on something important to them. Well anyway I thought someone might mention the crap that asshole Kelly spewed on Clay but the only mention was how asshole Kelly tends to rant and no one can stop her. I did notice a bit of coolness on the part of Diane to asshole Kelly, kissing Reg but just giving asshole Kelly her emotionless hand. I'd like to think the rant mention was directly related to the incident with Clay but that's probably giving them far too much credit.

I don't like to assgning reactions to someone who is a friend of Clay there isthe whole thing of If you are a friend of an enemy, you are an enemy mentality. People in SHowbusiness have to deal with their business and Cla't base their career on what is good for Clay's career. Now I have no problemn if she hates Ripa just because Ripa is a bitch, but I dont expect her to hate her because of Clay.

Though I bet a lot of the pissiness stems from the beating she was taking from some in ClayNation - However, now she's playing into it. No way she can win this.

Oh well. Still don't really care. Still am willing to eat Jello with canned fruit in it.

Jellos should be served plain with nothiong in it - lumps of anything in jello is the cause of medical8.gif

Speaking of cols - I dring hot liquid lemon jello and that helps break up the phlegm. Actually, I found a quicker cure. Zicam swabs - not the spray, the spray makes me sicker, but the swabs kiss off colds in 2 days.

The Clocke... smack.gif

laughter.gif

Clay looked in my direction at the DCAT and I sent him a telepathic question to which his eyes clearly answered "Yes." I haven't heard from him since, so hopefully we're still engaged.

Off to issue a press release in order to find out for sure. :bolt:

laughter3.gif

I'm in a state of sympathy pissification over Kim not hearing from Clay for 2 months because I know how I feel NEVER hearing from the little shit.

Here I am, waiting by the frigging phone.

message25.gif

ETA - DON'T POSTWHORE (TM like Clay saying "Don't Sit Down"- I will be back in 2 hours.

Edited by playbiller

AAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

You just shouldn't leave the boards and have a real life - you miss all the damn fun!!!!

I was casually reading along to see what I missed today when BAM!!!!! K. Locke wrote a response!!!

Well, okay, she owes ME a new montior now!!!!! So, now I real and truly know that I do get a kick out of this fandom!!

Cracked my sh*t up!!!!! :lmaosmiley-1:

I had the immediate gut reaction that I had when I read about the Reunion tour to begin with!!!

I don't know how this is going to play out but I also :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: to read Clay was gone from her "friends" on her MySpace - was that a joke or for real????? Funny, I've never seen her on his page.

Unlike some of you, I do, indeed blame Kim for this whole fiasco, and giving that blurb to Rolling Stone, she had to know it was false and probably hoped it might spur Clay on to give touring together some thought. Publicly slapping him now is sooooooooooo grade 2 and by admitting he hadn't returned her phone calls for two months - WTF did she think???? I'm sorry, but if a guy doesn't return your calls - it's over baby!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

004.jpg

Yay! Wandacleo posted a pic! and a bee-yoo-tiful one at that! Thank you for the fedora memories!

I too LOVE lime jello with cottage cheese and pineapple!! I haven't had time to read the back pages today, but whatever brought this discussion up sounds yummy!

Good grief - Kim (or someone representing her) actually deleted Clay as one of her friends on her myspace page? Does anyone want to look through all of Clay's nearly 30,000 friends to see if she's still one of his? :cryingwlaughter: Nah, didn't think so.

and a BIG WOOHOO!! for Meesa snagging she and I regular front row seats on the aisle for Omaha today! They're behind the 3 rows of pit seats, but according to the venue the stage is raised and those in the pits will be looking up - so these might be a better vantage. Don't care because it's going to be the closest I've been to Clay in a long time - it'll be heaven!

Edited by PuddinsJoy

004.jpg

gallery_2_3_17118.jpg

That is such a great shot! What concert was that? You did a fantasrtc job with that pin!! :clap::clap::clap:

004.jpg

gallery_2_3_17118.jpg

Now, how's THAT for psychic ability!! I had no idea you even had a pin!!

You see---my coming here is destiny.

That was a photo by Jan Yaudas...a fan that was not a regular on the boards at the time. I'm not sure what concert it is exactly...my brain keep saying Seattle..but not sure if that is accurate.

This design concept came so fast. During the start of the pin craze Couchie said she wanted a pin and she had an idea about Clay and a spot light...and immediately this picture came to mind. I made a rough draft design and since at the time FCA was just a website and the only one that has to like it was couchie...the approval stage was very quick. We ended up selling lots of pins and with the profit I suggested we start a board. So FCA Forum was born. We used to have a very active pin forum but after the C&D's from Clay;s lawyers...the issue became so complicated we decided to just let go of that feature of FCA.

BTW... should we have a christmas pin???

That was a photo by Jan Yaudas...a fan that was not a regular on the boards at the time. I'm not sure what concert it is exactly...my brain keep saying Seattle..but not sure if that is accurate.

Thank you for posting the credit. I swiped it long ago and it wasn't tagged.

I was thinking it was San Diego, but I'm probably wrong as my memory is completely shot to hell.

I agree that Clay should have returned her call, Ansamcw. He has been touring for the last couple of months and perhaps he just got busy or forgot. He taped his AYSTAFG show as well. You know he stays up all night and sleeps all day. Maybe he couldn't find a good time to call. Maybe she didn't give it much thought, that he hadn't returned her call, because she really thought he was on board. Maybe, maybe, maybe..... :cryingwlaughter: I'm just trying to say that I can understand Kim's side of this, too. I'm not trying to take sides. Also trying to make the point that none of us really know what happened or what her motives were, or why he didn't call. He probably was ignoring her, because he decided later that he didn't want to do the tour. I'm just "ruminating". To use Clay's new 50 cent word. :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks to couchie, I have one of them thar FCA pins and I love it........... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Have a good evening everyone.

[My only problem with that is that he hasn't returned her call so she should have gotten the hint that this is not exactly a go. Now I do think that Clay probably shouldn't have used avoidance technique to deal with this...I still think that if the fans didn't go ballistic about this, then Clay would have heard about this story floating around through his management...He probably would've contacted her or his management contacted her management and he need not make a public denial that became awkward for the two friends.

Well yes. But in my own convoluted mind, I wonder if we have only seen the public face of this. I would guess that there's a whole world of other stuff that happened before, and in between, and to and fro, and after as is often the case with friends. But, as always, I don't know shit.

He has a career people would die for but it's not enough. He has been able to sustain tour after tour after tour while some idols haven't been able to go out on the road at all. But it's not enough. He is amazingly talented. He is charismatic. He is funny as hell. He seems like he's happy and on top of the world. He's dating going to dinner with freakin' super models. He's recording an album and sharing wonder days with his friends. He has a tour planned for the end of the year. He has other events he will participate in. Yet an unconfirmed rumor made us act like he was going on next year's surreal life.

This post said everything I had to say about this topic so I'll just quote it and be done with it.

But on to other things...

It was only ten years ago that I found out that the canned green bean-cream of mushroom soup-French's Fried Onions casserole was not on the Thanksgiving table of everyone in the country.

It's not??? Dang, I'm learnin' stuff here!

Muskifest - we don't know each other. I hope we can remedy that. See, I have a deep and abiding interest in your lovely stories, most especially Clyra. I see that others here have tried to convince you to begin part 2, to no avail. But see? Unlike some others here, I have no moral scruples when it comes to Clay Aiken. None. Zip. Zero. I will gladly offer bribes. Your choice - money, chocolate, full access to my extensive and annotated crotch pic album. Or the ass album. Or the tongue album. Whichever perversion you prefer, I got it! Call me!

Rambling along - I have to post this and leave because I do have another fandom. As I mentioned earlier, it's sports, most especially right now it's the West Virginia Mountaineers! And they play on teevee tonight soon! We have a very good team this year with potential to be more but I've been down this road before and it has never turned out well. Here's hoping that "wait'll next year" is actually this year. And if you wanna pretend like you care and like football, feel free to fake it and root for my team! Now I have to go and get ready - you know, dress up in my fan gear, prepare to scream at the TV, crack open a beer. What? That's normal, isn't it?

(I need to learn the art of splitting up long ass posts into short ones so I can get off this dog walker thing. Sorry Raleigh and Durham.)

Edited by xxx4clay

I don't know why I'm thinkin Portland. Anyway, the sad part is that she did give us approval to use the photo but she had lost it and all of her pictures from that night cuz her kids erased them from her camera. Talk about reason to remove someone from their myspace.

jmh and ansa, I'm with your takes on this. I'm not condoning Kim, but it sounds like Clay had perhaps a wee bit of the responsibility as well.

Avoidance issues is right. There is that one really tragic one in his life. This is not a cheap shot, I'm just saying that it's hard for him to disappoint those he cares about. I have that problem, too, BTW. Maybe he will learn something from this too . I also wish the fans hadn't gotten so hysterical over this one.

As I said during the entire brouhaha yesterday, "Oh, the humanity!"

And here's a limerick I penned today based on Clay and Tyra's lunchies at Jean-Georges:

They met for a lunch at Jean-George

The Aiken took pains not to gorge

On the "fromage-macarone"

Or "crisp-creme de la dones"

Miss Tyra alone made him large! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by Divayenta