#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Bwah Divayenta! a classic!

The Omaha tics were through another board's group sale, so were available today. Those with symphony memberships could buy theirs Monday - I understand the symphony sold a lot of new memberships during this past week :) The public sale is tomorrow but I'm unable to find a on-sale time anywhere! Sorry I can't help more jumpingjacks but I'll keep looking! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's a horrible thing to bring up, Iknow, but I get the sense that confrontation with certain parties is a tough one for him. And yet, there are times where he just tells it like it is. I'm thankful that I can even read something other than a totally one-sided argument here.

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I promise I have been following along, but this impending "grandmotherhood" has my brain fried and refried. I have been nodding, wording, thinking how great it is to see so many new faces, many of them familiar.

A few days ago I lost a welcome list that read like a double quartet, so WORD to all your wonderful posts and welcome to all the new folks! :welcome:

One of my contributions is that we learned the blessed event will take place on Sept. 27, exactly two weeks from today! Guess I'll be a basket case till then. All is well with my daughter and her son. They do have to remain in the hospital, however. Thank you for your kind notes, PMs, thoughts, prayers, and online shower gifts.

Sports in all its forms is openly embraced. heee. My only other online screen name is hoopsdreaming

WOOHOO -- Couchie, be it known that xxx4clay and I are both right there with you on the hoops love with West Virginia and Carolina. The Heels are doing so poorly in football that I'm cheering for the Mountaineers all the way this season.

Sally sent me these cuties -- Bling, Free, Pants, Rose, and Tex -- which I thought you might enjoy. :)

bling.giffree.gifpants.gifrose.giftex.gif

No. 3 is for Canuck, pants expert extraordinaire! :eusa_whistle:

I haven't even had a chance to use this cute little guy. Thnx, Cindilu2! :XmasRed:

Go, Mountaineers!!! A touchdown already!!! Bigger_Cheerleader.gif

Y'all have a great evening! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

What's the one tragic thing he avoids?

I'm thinking about the phone call his sister made to him, the one he didn't return because he thought she would talk to him about his name change. He ended up regretting it deeply.

I do think it's possible that he didn't answer her calls because he didn't want to tell her "no." She seems to have been deeply invested in this tour, and he might not have wanted to deal with her disappointment. Realistically, he had to know that this may have been been her one chance to do a real tour in 2008.

I suspect they both blogged in anger. Hopefully, they get past all this.

Edited by JennaZ

It's a horrible thing to bring up, Iknow, but I get the sense that confrontation with certain parties is a tough one for him. And yet, there are times where he just tells it like it is. I'm thankful that I can even read something other than a totally one-sided argument here.

I would agree with you on this. I think when he's not sure of what his own feelings or thoughts are on a matter, he'll let it sit for awhile. Sounds like that's what he did here with all his "ruminating". And I think he has a hard time disappointing those he cares about. He cares about Kim and he didn't want to hurt her and I think he hoped she would let the idea go when it was clear that he wasn't going to jump all over it. But, to be fair to Clay, most people would know how to read those signs and let it go.

You know I don't blame Kim for being pissed and I think she replied nicer than a lot of people would.

I disagree big time. I haven't had a chance to catch up reading all the posts, but I just want to say that I think what Kim and her publicist(s) did was extremely unprofessional and very unfair to Clay and Ruben. The interview with Billboard was filled with too many details for this to be a simple misunderstanding. And don't you think that before putting news of a professional commitment in a press release, one should have confirmed that the other party was firmly committed? I thought her blog was childish and petty. Talk about burning bridges! Why not just simply say, "It was a big misunderstanding. I jumped the gun." and be done with it.

You know I don't blame Kim for being pissed and I think she replied nicer than a lot of people would.

I disagree big time. I haven't had a chance to catch up reading all the posts, but I just want to say that I think what Kim and her publicist(s) did was extremely unprofessional and very unfair to Clay and Ruben. The interview with Billboard was filled with too many details for this to be a simple misunderstanding. And don't you think that before putting news of a professional commitment in a press release, one should have confirmed that the other party was firmly committed? I thought her blog was childish and petty. Talk about burning bridges! Why not just simply say, "It was a big misunderstanding. I jumped the gun." and be done with it.

I have to agree here. I think she was totally unprofessional in giving Billboard her little "scoop" and she got caught big time.

No sympathy for her from me.

Hee - I still think it's funny. Guess I'm alone. But that's okay.

well you're not alone. There are plenty that believe she was unprofessional. I think just because the discussion is calm doesn't mean people are giving her a free pass. I actually have loved the thoughtful reaction here.

Knowing more, I don't know why she held on to the belief that it was going to happen but perhaps she just wanted it badly. I think she knows Clay well enough to know he wasn't going to be blackmailed into anything - life doesn't work that way especially when you don't even really own yourself professionally. But waxing poetic about something she would have liked to seen - whatever, it's still not a big deal to me. The Curb release is more prolematic but eh, I can say she takes some blame their as well. But she's just not a person I will be writing off and putting on my CLay enemy list.

I do think that ripping off that response was not in her best interest and like Jamar says, she should have posted and then hit back space. But I still believe the worst part in all of this is the way Clay Nation did react, continued to react after Clay's blog and will probably react forever at this point. I just have a feeling that part of her reaction was based in part on the crap she took. But like I said earlier, she now has given them even more ammunition and that is squarely on her.

I hope they work it out.

Clay looked in my direction at the DCAT and I sent him a telepathic question to which his eyes clearly answered "Yes." I haven't heard from him since, so hopefully we're still engaged.

Off to issue a press release in order to find out for sure. :bolt:

Bottle... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Excellent!

jmh and ansa, I'm with your takes on this. I'm not condoning Kim, but it sounds like Clay had perhaps a wee bit of the responsibility as well.

Avoidance issues is right. There is that one really tragic one in his life. This is not a cheap shot, I'm just saying that it's hard for him to disappoint those he cares about. I have that problem, too, BTW. Maybe he will learn something from this too . I also wish the fans hadn't gotten so hysterical over this one.

As I said during the entire brouhaha yesterday, "Oh, the humanity!"

And here's a limerick I penned today based on Clay and Tyra's lunchies at Jean-Georges:

They met for a lunch at Jean-George

The Aiken took pains not to gorge

On the "fromage-macarone"

Or "crisp-creme de la dones"

Miss Tyra alone made him large! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Diva... :clap::cryingwlaughter::clap: Loved your limerick! I also can't say no to my family... comes from needing to be loved and approved of and ... you get my drift. Sigh... one of these days I'll get strong enough to say no occasionally!

I thought all along that Clay had probably gotten caught up in nostalgia and said doing a tour together would be fun, did some brainstorming, then reality came back and um... no. Not returning Kim's calls has bitten him in the a$$. That said she should not have jumped the gun without definite onfirmation from Clay and her response was not the brightest. Anyone reading it would go, "he didn't return her calls for two months and she didn't get a clue?" As is normally the case, there is probably some fault on both sides. Her jumping the gun was less bright than his not returning her calls, tho, IMO... :imgtongue:

The only problem I have is that Clay will probably end up the whipping boy in this growing mess. People tend to throw darts at him and Kim has stayed relatively unscathed throughout her career. Ruben won't even get mentioned and I think he probably thought this was a good idea and would have been part of it had Clay agreed

Heh. Think that if Clay goes to his 10 year high school reunion later this month he might manage to drop that little nugget into conversation: "Yeah, when I was having lunch with Tyra in New York a couple of weeks ago, we discussed ______________"? I'm easily amused. "I was just talking about the candidates with Diana Sawyer the other day when I was at the ABC studios, and _________."

My dream is that he takes Tyra to his high school reuinion. :RedGuy:

I just want to say that, although I mainly lurk, I really enjoying coming to this board and reading all the interesting and thoughtful discussions. It is so refreshing.

See, I can imagine Kim talking about details (title, tour structure) while Clay and Ruben nod politely, thinking this is just some sort of casual fantasy talk, and not a serious career discussion. Although I tend to feel that she jumped the gun in announcing the tour on her own, it is possible she genuinely believed it would happen. I'm beginning to think this was all just a horrible misunderstanding.

I'll admit, I have lost respect for her. Announcing that Clay didn't return her calls was not a smart or diplomatic thing to do. However, I'm not yet willing to conclude that she deliberately lied in an effort to force the issue or garner publicity.

See, I can imagine Kim talking about details (title, tour structure) while Clay and Ruben nod politely, thinking this is just some sort of casual fantasy talk, and not a serious career discussion. Although I tend to feel that she jumped the gun in announcing the tour on her own, it is possible she genuinely believed it would happen. I'm beginning to think this was all just a horrible misunderstanding.

I'll admit, I have lost respect for her. Announcing that Clay didn't return her calls was not a smart or diplomatic thing to do. However, I'm not yet willing to conclude that she deliberately lied in an effort to force the issue or garner publicity.

I keep trying to think of a reason to excuse her behavour. Lets see , she jumped the gun and made an announcement without the permission of the other two parties, she has been in the business long enough, and is no dummy, she was a law student. Even I know that all parties have to agree before an announcement is made, let alone one with specific details about how the tour was to be run. All on the stage, doing duets, the three of them singing together.We know that Clay would not do it without Q & A what was K Lo going to be doing while Quiana was blowing the audience out of the water. Clay in his blog gave her an out by saying the press didn't check their facts, What did she do, she went for the jugular. I'm sorry she is not getting a pass from me, Kim buy a clue he didn't return your calls. OH of course you were plugging your new CD so it does kinda make a bit of sense.

Edited by dewdrop

I know that "speculating" is what we do! BUT! I don't think it's fair to speculate on how much encouragement Clay gave Kim other than what he stated in his blog. We have no clue that he did anything else.

I, me, personally, think she layed a big, fat egg and got it all over herself and is pissed that Clay didn't call her up and say "yeah sure, why not?".

As far as speculating, I would bet that if he called her to ask for a retraction, he wasn't terribly gentle about it.

I wouldn't have been.

But then, he's a southern gentleman and I'm a northern bitch! :)

Heh. Think that if Clay goes to his 10 year high school reunion later this month he might manage to drop that little nugget into conversation: "Yeah, when I was having lunch with Tyra in New York a couple of weeks ago, we discussed ______________"? I'm easily amused. "I was just talking about the candidates with Diana Sawyer the other day when I was at the ABC studios, and _________."

I just want to say that, although I mainly lurk, I really enjoying coming to this board and reading all the interesting and thoughtful discussions. It is so refreshing.

Didn't it happen already? Cuz it seemed months ago that someone actually posted the date on a message board shocking the hell out of me.

Also a little of where I'm going from. Usually when Clay is involved in some brouhaha I don't care about the other person. I'm a fan of Kim and my fanship has nothing to do with her relationship with Clay. She won me over on season 2. She kicked ass on that show IMO and had some weeks where she kicked everybody's butt. That's why I loved season two and especially MY top 5 because it was competitive and people were working hard to win and not melting down every week on stage. They were taking it to new levels every week. So whether they fix whatever went wrong or not - that's their life. I hope things stay civil if the media get involved - and I'll have an opinion on whatever happens but unless she does something monumentally hurtful to Clay like tell all his secrets to the Enquirer - their issues are their issues. And I'll still be trying to see her in concert before I take off on my clayventure if I can afford it after I buy my Clay tickets. So yep I can find sympathy, empathy, and compassion for Kim in light of everything has happened over the past few days. Doesn't mean I don't see that she played a part in all of it.

I don't think anybody is going overboard saying what Clay did or didn't do. He said he ruminated on it - that could mean anything from what Jenna is saying to even a bit more than that. To me that means he thought of over. How far that went is anyone's guess and its not taking a side to ponder what he meant by that. I'm still in agreement with most that no call means it ain't happening.

Saying no to people? I'm not really good at it if it's CLOSE family...meaning my sister, my mother and my brother and perhaps a few close cousins. Everyone else - I can if it's not something I want to do. I will try to help you out if I can and usually will bend over backwards to help someone but not at the expense of myself. I had to grow into that though.

name='wandacleo' date='Sep 13 2007, 01:24 PM

I'm in a state of sympathy pissification over Kim not hearing from Clay for 2 months because I know how I feel NEVER hearing from the little shit.

Here I am, waiting by the frigging phone. :fca:

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

name='Couch Tomato' date='Sep 13 2007, 01:41 PM'

It's a sad sad situation. We don't run walk fast anymore. She won't let me see Shadow. She won't write me a Clyra part 2. She probably got skunk all over my tour tshirt that she's holidng hostage. She keeps talking about her job like they're slavedrivers all so I won't apply for that position that will be opening up soon. I just don't know what to think anymore. I think I need representation to at least retrieve the tshirt. I should have custody.

I hope Clay fans aren't writing all over her MySpace. I know they won't do that. Yep. I'm confident on that one.

Written by Muskifest

September 13, 2007

I feel I need to clarify some things here. First, I'm sorry that Couch Tomato feels 'sad', but if she had suggested reviving our walk dates, I'd have known for sure that she wanted to do so. Nothing in the past months has led me to believe that she DOES. If I don't KNOW that she's 'sad, sad...", how can I make it all better?

As for Shadow, a sensible person would assume that another person would not WANT to visit a dog that got sprayed by a skunk. If that particular sad, sad situation affected her, too, I guess I misjudged.

The job situation? Now THAT's a 'sad, sad situation'...'nuff said.

The tee shirt? Ha! I implore you---please DO get legal representation and try to get custody without having a receipt for payment of said shirt. Go ahead. Just try.

Finally, since I've already removed YOUR name from my friends list on my MySpace, along with your access to said MySPace, I guess you won't know what others say, now will you?

One Big Hunka Burnin' Love

Muski

(You know I'm just kidding, babe, don't you? :F_05BL17blowkiss: )

name='lindylo' date='Sep 13 2007, 04:24 PM'

Now isn't that a coincidence? I'd been ruminating (seems to be the word of the day here on FCA heh) about that very scenario as a possible epilogue-like thingy for the Clyra.... even before the news of their latest tryst in NYC :whistling-1:

And finally.....it's 5:50 pm so I'm gonna leave this danged computer chair and take another hit of drugs to try to alleviate the face/head/sinus pain that is driving me nuts....

But not treenuts, of course. :medium-smiley-070:

ETA: Bravo, Diva! :clap: and :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by muskifest

bwah Muski -- when did we both get lives...well you more than me. You're always at work. And I know I said I'd go see Carrie pitch on Sunday but can't even do that now due to a family matter. But you can still write my Clyra and everything will be cool! K? :cryingwlaughter:

Hi All,

My first reaction on reading Kim's blog was "what a bitch"; Clay was very careful in his blog not to call her out; would have been nice is she could have acted like an adult and done the same.

Have no idea the status of their relationship but I can't imagine Clay is too happy with her right now.

Jello, huh! I love Jello with fruit...I also like Orange Jello with carrots which my kids think is gross!

Kim