Top Chef

Guest Toots

My cable box is on the whack and won't get it replaced until Monday. Can you tellme what day it is on. I think it's Sunday but not sure. And is it HGTV or A@E? Thanks for your help.

I live in Northern Caliornia, it's on Bravo at 10:00 Wednesday night.

My cable box is on the whack and won't get it replaced until Monday. Can you tellme what day it is on. I think it's Sunday but not sure. And is it HGTV or A@E? Thanks for your help.

I live in Northern Caliornia, it's on Bravo at 10:00 Wednesday night.

Oh god I'm so silly. I kept turning to the food network for it last night...going..I thought this came on Wednesdays! LOL. Do they repeat it during the week? I need to add this to my DVR.

This is a bit off topic, but the food network is going to have a new show to select the next Iron Chef. Don't know all of the details but I love Iron Chef so the new one should be interesting.

I'll post the info soon unless someone else gets to it first! Play is always on top of things!

This is a bit off topic, but the food network is going to have a new show to select the next Iron Chef. Don't know all of the details but I love Iron Chef so the new one should be interesting.

I'll post the info soon unless someone else gets to it first! Play is always on top of things!

I hate it cos canada food network is always behind. We are just getting top chef here. I think it just started last week

Okay - I'll jump right in - I love Casey, and hope she wins!

I am trying to like Hung, but I think he has that covered.

I was sad to see Tall Guy go.

How does that %!@#!!fegbluuinfeffer hostess manage to keep so thin?

I loved the original Top Chef, because how the translators talked, and what the judges said, had the absolutely perfect air of seriously lunatic Japanese TV.......I still dislike Bobby Flay for jumping on top of his cutting board, and have not watched it since - is it still insane?

The charm of the original was that the judges mostly were from the kinda shallow pool of Japanese TV personalities, and they really said some inane things.

I loved the original Top Chef, because how the translators talked, and what the judges said, had the absolutely perfect air of seriously lunatic Japanese TV.......I still dislike Bobby Flay for jumping on top of his cutting board, and have not watched it since - is it still insane?

The charm of the original was that the judges mostly were from the kinda shallow pool of Japanese TV personalities, and they really said some inane things.

Me too..I think Casey is a bit snooty at times but she's a great chef and always willing to help her fellow chefs. I want her to win.

Don't like Hung but he is a good chef...what a mouth that boy has. Whew! (kinda like me)

I wasn't so sad to see CJ go because it's getting to the point that I don't want anyone to go (well maybe Hung).

She was married to Salman Rushdie (big shock). Maybe it was all those Satanic Verses that kept her from eating.

ETA because posts crossed each other...Iron Chef is a great show and the chefs are all well known in food circles. Lot's of info and knowledge and really fun to watch. I don't always like the judges tho!

Edited by Toots

you do mean iron chef right??? yup I loved it...I love the frenetic pace and the ingredients were just so bizarre at times.

sorry I just can;t stand flay...

you do mean iron chef right??? yup I loved it...I love the frenetic pace and the ingredients were just so bizarre at times.

sorry I just can;t stand flay...

Think Iron Chef was the model for Top Chef. I love them both...I do wonder how they can create a dish on the spur on the moment without much preparation.

ansa, you are correct - Project runway spawned top chef, Top design,, sheer genius and something else. I think only Top chef has any quality to it. Season 2, ick! Sheer genius was pretty much a laugh riot as they bleached and bleached and bleached.

Casey and Sara do unpredictably, in the begining Casey was a major screw up, now she is an occaisional screw up. Hung in general had fewer failures and fewer wins. CJ and the next Brian both deserved to go before Howie, they are generally less successful than Howie was and more often fly under the radar. Yes, Howie had meltdowns, but there has been a lot of game playing and passive aggressive behavior from both CJ and Brian.

ooops, I meant I loved the original Iron Chef.....................crazy Japanese TV at its finest!

booooooo to bobby flay.

Casey has always seemed sharp and also helpful - but she sure could not cut those onions very well.

I spent a long time trying to dismiss my feeling that the male chefs are kinda condescending to the females, as a kneejerk reaction.

Failed.

I am so sucked in to this show.

Anyone else love Corner Gas? I think it is Canadian, and I love it!

Um, it is a comedy show, not a cooking reality show hosted by The Beans of Egypt, Maine.

(Heeee....The Beans are how I kinda think of the Northeast now.)

I loved the original Iron Chef, because how the translators talked, and what the judges said, had the absolutely perfect air of seriously lunatic Japanese TV.......I still dislike Bobby Flay for jumping on top of his cutting board, and have not watched it since - is it still insane?

Oh I did too. It was my favorite show in Japan besides a couple of nighttime serial dramas and SMAPxSMAP*. Thing is, you didn't need to speak any Japanese, or even any subtitles to enjoy Iron Chef. It was so campy and wonderful.

SMAP is a Japanese "boy band" that's been around a very long time--not boys anymore. Some of them became very successful comedic and dramatic actors, and they also had a variety sketch & singing show called SMAPxSMAP that was really entertaining. Every week one of their sketches was a parody of Iron Chef using some really wacky ingredient, but they actually cooked and made the dishes each week!! One episode was filmed in California and their special guest was Whoopi Goldberg, whom they all idolized. They cooked pork chops and mashed potatoes for her--don't know if it tasted good, but it sure did look good.

Play, I was just coming in to tell the west coasters that the show is on at 10:00 with reruns at 8:00 and 9:00.

Do you think Casey won or are they trying to throw us off the scent? She was a personal chef before so wasn't in the industry so to speak. Wouldn't surprise me at all if she won.

Well, it is starting to look like someone they did not feature, so that can't be - it has to be one of the threee people they have been interviewing all show.

ETA Well, that was a good show. I think they are almost down to the best, so far so good.

Edited by playbiller

Well, it is starting to look like someone they did not feature, so that can't be - it has to be one of the threee people they have been interviewing all show.

ETA Well, that was a good show. I think they are almost down to the best, so far so good.

Brian went home?

East coaster here. It was a good show. I thought some unexpected challenges...tough, tough...and some interesting results for both the quick fire and the elimination.

I'll have to stop in here tomorrow to see what y'all thought. I didn't know there were other Top Chef crazies fans around...

:RedGuy: <- needs a chef's hat .....close enough -> :XmasRed:

Another Top Chef watcher here. For awhile I never missed Iron Chef, but I got a little tired of the Food Network shoving so much Rachel Ray at me. Ha. At first I liked her but for gawds sake how many times a day should one person be on TV....Unless it's Clay of course. Toots, I did see that ad for a new Iron Chef, I'll try to remember to catch that one.

Another Top Chef watcher here. For awhile I never missed Iron Chef, but I got a little tired of the Food Network shoving so much Rachel Ray at me. Ha. At first I liked her but for gawds sake how many times a day should one person be on TV....Unless it's Clay of course. Toots, I did see that ad for a new Iron Chef, I'll try to remember to catch that one.

Ditto with RR...I swear that girl is on speed. The search for a new Iron Chef will be fun because they are all established chefs that we've probably seen before.