CLAY CHAT -- September 20 - 21 9PM EDT

Couch Tomato

I feel that some have to simply have Clay being with a woman just avoid "the rumors."

WORD! I sense that some are trying too hard to prove that he has a girlfriend. They seem invested in the idea that he must be seeing someone, so they find relationships with any female who happens to be within a 30 mile radius.

Yep...that's the desperation I speak of.

I feel that some have to simply have Clay being with a woman just avoid "the rumors."

WORD! I sense that some are trying too hard to prove that he has a girlfriend. They seem invested in the idea that he must be seeing someone, so they find relationships with any female who happens to be within a 30 mile radius.

However, if he were with someone, I would actually hope that he could keep it a secret for a while, because the fans would be brutal. As much as people want him to happy, I think jealousy would make it very hard on whoever he was with, no matter how perfect she might be.

WORD!! If I were Clay, I'd make an announcement only AFTER I got married. Until then, I'd say nothing.

However, if he were with someone, I would actually hope that he could keep it a secret for a while, because the fans would be brutal. As much as people want him to happy, I think jealousy would make it very hard on whoever he was with, no matter how perfect she might be.

Can I just follow you around tonight saying WORD???

How do you feel about "shipping Clay?" Why do you feel that way?

While sometimes it is fun to speculate about whether Clay is dating a certain someone, most of the time I am not into "shipping Clay" at all. First, I don't have the time to do so, and second, it just feels somewhat intrusive to me. It doesn't bother me that others "ship" a lot, I enjoy reading a little of it. I just so want Clay to find his special someone and live happily ever after. I just want him to be loved, to give love, to get love, to feel love, as he's one of the most special people on the face of this earth to me and I feel he is so deserving of love. I'm so thankful to God everyday for bringing him to us to love, and so grateful that it seems he can feel the love we send to him. I think most of the time the "shipping" is done in fun, but I so support Clay having his own time to himself however he wants to spend it when not being "public" Clay. But you can bet as soon as we learn of a sighting or visit that was, I'm right there reading the report and appreciating evey moment of it!

I just want our man happy and loved. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Big word to this, AAinTX I kind of look at the shipping as fan fic. I read it for fun and enjoy imagining just what Clay's real life if like. But, I have no idea what his real life is like, and I dont think I really want to know. I tend to stay away from boards that get too invested in finding out all the details. I really enjoy fan fic better ! He is a wonderful human being who deserves his down time and deserves fulfilling relationships. I am a fan of his because it entertains me. That's about it.

Yep, fanfic (except for the totally Mary Sue kind) bothers me not at all.

What's the Mary Sue kind?

I love Muski's fanfic especially the Buddies series. I'm not too much into the Clyra, though so I haven't read that.

Scarlett, Muski's Clyra is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! Recommend it highly. And so truly hope for Part III of Buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Twin, I read about that freaky girlfriend who's pregnant shit too. LOL! The Internets are wild, yo!

You got that right! And there are so many delusional people in this here fandom!!

Where do you read that crap??? On second thought I don't want find out. :wordpooper:

I think I miss out on a lot of stuff. Maybe I'm not obsessed enough.

I think a lot of fans want him to be settled and married with children because that seems like the sort of thing he would want...well he's mentioned children on occassion. But I do wonder how the fandom would take a real relationship.

Word.

I can only imagine that it would take a special kind of person to let the comments and criticism just roll off her back. A thick skin is one thing, but I think it would still get to most people.

But I do wonder how the fandom would take a real relationship.

I think there would be some that would be happier than heck for Clay (I'd be one of them). I think there would be some that would be totally despondent, that it wasn't THEM. And I'm truly afraid that there would be a select few that could take it to another level...and in that case, I hope that Jerome is around and doing his job. Sorry to be such a downer here.

I do want Clay happy though....

OK, officially this chat is done. The thread will stay open for any last minute additional comments, but for the most part, we're finished! Tomorrow -- round two!!!!

What would you considered a "blowtorched puppy" -- in other words, what could Clay do that would make you stop being a fan?

Stop singing completely. That's about it.

You know, and you can kill me for this, but even that wouldn't do it for me. I enjoy his humor too much. Sure, I love the voice, but his ability to make me laugh would still keep me around even if he never sang another note.

Oh, good point. I take it back.

Shipping? I don't like it. I think it's squicky, but I'm not much of a romantic in RL. People can be together or not, whatever. I'm very happily single myself.

Word.

I can only imagine that it would take a special kind of person to let the comments and criticism just roll off her back. A thick skin is one thing, but I think it would still get to most people.

Seems like a really tall order -- someone with qualities he actually likes and is approved by his friends and family and is able to deal with both his celebrity and his fandom and is liked by Raleigh and Durham (maybe that should have been at the top?). What are the odds?

Edited by Scarlett

re: blowtorch puppy

If Clay would announce that he would exclusively become a Christian Contemporary Artist I would not be able to follow him. As much as it would hurt, I'm just not a "churched" person.

Strangely enough...this would disappoint me. I won't mind him doing one or two or even more CCM CD if that means he has a ton more non CCM cds. But going exclusive to me would mean closing himself to his non CCM fans and that feels like he is being closed minded. I don;t think this is blow torched puppy but I would be less of a fan.

I think my fandom has evolved !!! because if I had answered this "blowtorch puppy" question back in 2003, I could have come up with several things. And....if I had known back then a couple of the things that I have stayed with him through, I may have predicted those things would have ended my fandom. But....now I have seen the amazing way he has handled all of these things (the mess, the mandated CD , to name two) and my love/respect for him have just grown. So that now, I cannot envision anything that would end my fandom for him. Even if he stopped singing and ran for office ........... I would probably move to NC and join his campaign !!

love this answer too.

So basically we are only willing to dump Clay if he turns out to be a war criminal or sociopath?

I can see y'all saying, "But he had a really good reason for stealing borrowing the Hope Diamond! It needed to be cleaned or something. And it's not identity theft - hell, we gave him our licenses and credit cards and birth certificates and marriage certificates. He told us he needed them for radio play!"

BWAH...yup. See even if he did end up getting into drinking and drugs, I will be sad for him. But I will still hope he gets over it. If he can still make great music...I will still be there buying his CD>

Hmmmm....I think the puppy thread has played itself out.

Therefore....

QUESTION THREE (and the final for the night....):

How do you feel about "shipping Clay?" Why do you feel that way?

Better, couchie?

Oh "shipping" is fn - as long as you don't take it seriously!!! I mean imagining him with the woman of the moment - be it Angela, Kelly, Tyra, Jaymes, Mary, Kristi, Yellow Sweater Girl, Bikini Girl or whoever is fun if you think of it as funny.

But when some start SERIOUSLY shiiping him - when some become CONVINVED he is really involved with so and so, when they start doing detective work to prove their point, when some start blogging about his secret girlfriend who is pregnant (and I am NOT making that up!!) and think you're nuts if you don't believe it - that's when it has gone too far.

I think of shipping as yet another snarky, fun activity. But what is really going on in the privacy of his own home and his own heart is none of my business unless he chooses to make it my business.

Yup...I like fun speculating about someone that he shows a lot of chemistry with. MY problem is...sometimes some people get carried away not just in getting invested in a relationship but in the snarking and wink wink innuendos. Sometimes I get really embarrassed and squicked and even insulted at how some fan's jokes gets really personal and disrespectful specially when its with someone in TC that might see those jokes.

ah man..that hour flew by..I thought two hours would be too much for a week night..but heee I'm still raring to go.

Well I think its ok to continue commenting on people's answers. Its also ok to post in the thread about the topics even after tonight.