CLAY CHAT -- September 20 - 21 9PM EDT

Couch Tomato

Yeah, Clay happy is a good thing... I happen to think that a relationship isn't the only way to be happy though, so I don't really feel the need to see him fulfill that particular part of life. If that's what he wants though, I hope he gets it.

Especially if twins are involved. The little cute ones with curly red hair. Aww. Or just me and mine. :)

And on that... nice chattin' with ya'll.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

((Clay and his family)) Sorry for your loss, sweet man!

I do fear for any relationship that Clay has when some fans get a hold of the idea- who ever it is will never be good enough for a myriad number of reasons. I believe that would be the overinvested fan that feels they have a right to criticize everything Clay does, even how he dates. So far all his associates have been torn apart, the BAF was under attack by fans and his mother gets a fair share of hatred. Clay has good fans who pledge to support him unconditionally as long as he does what they tell him.

cute photo

Edited by playbiller

Yeah, Clay happy is a good thing... I happen to think that a relationship isn't the only way to be happy though, so I don't really feel the need to see him fulfill that particular part of life. If that's what he wants though, I hope he gets it.

AMEN! Maybe that's why I feel the way I do about it? Tell people your alone and they assume your lonely.

And really...me, not so much. :RedGuy:

I hope Clay finds his happy place too.

Edited by jamar1700

It seems to me that so many people in Clay's life have been the subject of fan accusation. Faye has been demonized as either a bad mother who let her son be victimized by her husband, or a smothering woman who imposes undue influence upon him. Kelly has been accused of being a phony friend by people who have never met her. Angela and Quiana are occasionally targeted as being too presumptuous in their interactions with Clay. Suzanne, Jaymes, even Jerome have been the subject of nasty fan posts. If these people can be treated with such disrespect, I can only imagine what it would be like for someone with a romantic relationship with him.

It seems to me that so many people in Clay's life have been the subject of fan accusation. Faye has been demonized as either a bad mother who let her son be victimized by her husband, or a smothering woman who imposes undue influence upon him. Kelly has been accused of being a phony friend by people who have never met her. Angela and Quiana are occasionally targeted as being too presumptuous in their interactions with Clay. Suzanne, Jaymes, even Jerome have been the subject of nasty fan posts. If these people can be treated with such disrespect, I can only imagine what it would be like for someone with a romantic relationship with him.

'cause no one's good enough for Clay. Sometimes, even Clay's not good enough for Clay! :rolleyes:

Edited by Scarlett

I do fear for any relationship that Clay has when some fans get a hold of the idea- who ever it is will never be good enough for a myriad number of reasons. I believe that would be the overinvested fan that feels they have a right to criticize everything Clay does, even how he dates. So far all his associates have been torn apart, the BAF was under attack by fans and his mother gets a fair share of hatred. Clay has good fans who pledge to support him unconditionally as long as he does what they tell him.

You know, considering how some fans can find fault with everything Clay either does, wears, etc., how would anyone he's in a relationship with ever be good enough? I think some people are only happy when they're bitching and complaining and anything is a good enough reason to have at it... that's not to say they aren't overinvested, I just think they've got other issues too...

Edited by spikesmom

It seems to me that so many people in Clay's life have been the subject of fan accusation.

'cause no one's good enough for Clay. Sometimes, even Clay's not good enough for Clay!

I also think there is a LOT of jealousy going on. IMO there is some real resentment for those that are actually IN his life and close to him on an ongoing basis.

Edited by jamar1700

"Mary Sue" fanfic is usually very poorly written, with the author clearly as heroine. A really pitiful heroine. Usually with no redeeming characteristics and whiny to boot, but the hero's only purpose in life is to poke her with his "iron-hard weapon of love". Probably a bodkin.

"Mary Sue" fanfic is usually very poorly written, with the author clearly as heroine. A really pitiful heroine. Usually with no redeeming characteristics and whiny to boot, but the hero's only purpose in life is to poke her with his "iron-hard weapon of love". Probably a bodkin.

Oh good I was wondering about that. Thanks for the explanation. All I'll say about it is that I've read a lof of the first and second chapters of a lot of fan fic...

Yes it often amazes me that Clay needs to be saved from the people in his life including his own mother.

WORD. This person would have to be really strong and have a great sense of humor and love for Clay to put up with what the fandom would deal out.

I think I miss out on a lot of stuff. Maybe I'm not obsessed enough.

I think a lot of fans want him to be settled and married with children because that seems like the sort of thing he would want...well he's mentioned children on occassion. But I do wonder how the fandom would take a real relationship.

I just want Clay to be happy in his personal life.

I don't think most fandom shipping has anything to do with his real personal life, so I don't mind it when it's just fluff, or playful. But, there seems to be times when people are very invested in one coupling or another, going back to the Clocke, and the Clelly, even the Clohn, etc. That level of shipping rather grosses me out.

When Clay wants to share a real relationship with the fandom, I think most people will be quite happy for him. Any jealousy I would express would be of the silly tongue-in-cheek, "I''m gonna throw myself off the nearest cliff in desperation" over-exaggeration variety. In reality, I'd be thrilled for him. Course if his loved one ever hurt him publicly...lookout! (Best Clay keep his personal live private!)

WHAH! I just got home from work and chat is already all finished!

*kicks Pacific Time Zone*

Blowtorch Puppy:

If Clay harmed children, or was discovered to be abusive, as in a perpetrator of domestic violence. It would have to be via hard news evidence, too....there are altogether too many secret behind the scenes rumors in this fandom for me to believe anything from that pipeline. Seeings how I think the risk is pretty low that Clay is violent or abusive, I don't expect any singed puppy fur in my personal fandom.

How has my personal fandom evolved:

-I don't have to post on a message board every single day.

-I am still fully a fan, but less intensely engaged in the online fandom....I used to be UP.SET. if we let more than a few days pass without a new LBFCA Main Page, or if we didn't have a new page up for every.single.appearance.or.event.

-I let alot more roll off my back these days....I don't feel like I have to protect or defend Clay or my fandom to anyone. I used to feel pretty protective of him...now, I just see myself as his audience, not his ally.

-I love listening to Clay sing, and do so pretty much every single day....usually in my car on my ipod.

-I love going to see ClayLive, but for the first time I'm ambivalent about going to the next Xmas Tour....the dates are not working out great for me, and I keep going back and forth over whether and which shows I'd go to...I'll have to travel at least halfway across the country, and I'm wondering what it will take for me to decide one way or another.

-I love seeing and talking to my friends in the fandom...what a gift this experience has brought me!

Oh good I was wondering about that. Thanks for the explanation. All I'll say about it is that I've read a lof of the first and second chapters of a lot of fan fic...

Me too... too many.

This was fun! Looking forward to tomorrow... Thanks!

AMEN! Maybe that's why I feel the way I do about it? Tell people your alone and they assume your lonely.

And really...me, not so much. :RedGuy:

I hope Clay finds his happy place too.

This is all ok if Clay's the sort who could be alone a lot and happy too. And maybe he is.

If he isn't, though, it would be excruciating, eg. if he's really just a regular guy who wants to be lonely no more, whose compass just points to someone with a large enough pair of twins to have twins with? What if his criteria are totally at odds with a fan-imagined "Mother Teresa-Princess Diana-Amelia Earhart-Muski'sAmelia-and-every girl-next-door" all rolled into one?

Thanks for the explanations, KAndre!

-I am still fully a fan, but less intensely engaged in the online fandom....I used to be UP.SET. if we let more than a few days pass without a new LBFCA Main Page, or if we didn't have a new page up for every.single.appearance.or.event.

Hey NELL! whoo hooo

I can so relate to this. I have a long list of things I want to do on the website yet no longer feel guilty when I get behind. I think by relaxing about things..it doesn't become work. Nice to see you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Scarlett... I'm with YSRN, and Claygasm in that I'm happy with my singledom and absolutely know I'm not mother material. But that's not for everyone. So I'll just leave it with...I hope he get whatever his heart desires.

eg. if he's really just a regular guy who wants to be lonely no more, whose compass just points to someone with a large enough pair of twins to have twins with? What if his criteria are totally at odds with a fan-imagined "Mother Teresa-Princess Diana-Amelia Earhart-Muski'sAmelia-and-every girl-next-door" all rolled into one?

:lol:

Wee, Nelle! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And everything you said about shipping is me too.

Hey Nelle! We just had the 1 year anniversary of our Canada roadtrip!!! (need to do that again someday)

:F_05BL17blowkiss: jamar1700, YSRN, Couchie, <nodnods> I think he's the type who can be happy both with and without other people. Just wanted to play devil's advocate because I find it annoying that some fans try to set up standards for every aspect of his life.

ETA: jamar, the "set up standards" part wasn't about your post nor anyone here at FCA. And btw, if I had to guess on what he's like ITA with you & ysrn & couchie on this.

Since I was late.... here's what would have been my response to the earlier items:

To call my fandom correctly you need to know me -- I'm either not into something or I'm enthusiastic about it. I learned to knit last year but I don't just knit, I'm also learning to dye and spin and weave. I would love to have windstar2's spread to raise and shear my own sheep. I don't just send a check to things that are important to me, I drive over 50 miles to volunteer and make sure the projects I support get done. Even sampling food from regional establishments which I can rightly call "just a hobby", is, er, somewhat intense (ask KAndre about White Castle and In-n-Out). Coasters? Cameras? Computers? I'm addicted to life and Clay is a big part of it.

I have to add, though, that I get it all back. Many, many times over. Running throught a short list...

Did I meet good people throught Clay? Check.

Did I learn new skills? Check

Did I broaden my knowledge? Check

Did I enjoy the ride so far? Check

Amd I happier? Check.

Blowtorched puppy. This isn't easy to anwer. If I found out that Clay isn't what we think we know him to be or if he were a Jekyll/Hyde sort, I'd be so intrigued at how he planned and executed this entire production that I'd still be fan. (eg. I wasn't disappointed in lonelygirl15; I wished I had done it first). With Adobe photoshop and premiere, I'm not trustful of anything 2nd hand so I'd have to be standing right there and watching him do something cruel to people who couldn't fight back to call it a blowtorched puppy.

Edited by Scarlett

How does Clay combat the tabloid media?

can;t really fight it. The only thing I can think of is for him to continue to live his life and ignore the gnats...

Sadly it is a fact of celebrity life and the only way to get out of it is to get out of the limelight...don;t want that right. So just ignore...