The Emmy's

Ansamcw

Big mention of Idol Gives Back--wow, what a coincidence--the Emmys are on Fox and RS is hosting. Who would have thought?

They did win a 'special' Emmy. But yeah - the whole machine is just grating now. Simon and Randy were on the Red Carpet thing, and they could not have been more smug and smarmy. Blech.

ETA: I wanna see Jersey Boys!

Edited by cindilu2

I think the round stage is awkward, too.

Hey, I just had a thought! Maybe Britney can come on the Emmy's and apologize for her VMA performance, then Ryan can go on the Oscar's and apologize for his Emmy performance....

:cryingwlaughter:

They did win a 'special' Emmy

Oh, I missed that--I walked into the room while it was going on--just thought it was a mention.

Love the Jersey Boys--you could swear it's FV singing.

It wasn't on the show, clayrev - it was another one of the 'special' Emmy's. And did you know that Frankie Valli had a role on The Sopranos? Heheh, I have that theme song on my not-an-iPod. Too bad Clay didn't include that one!

Edited by cindilu2

Can someone explain to me just who and what are the Jersey Boys? Do they record? Tour? Are they on some TV show? I don't think I've heard of them.

It's a Broadway show about the rise to fame of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I think they won some Tony's this year (or last year)??

Edited by cindilu2

Well, I have over an hour to wait for this show to start on the west coast, but it doesn't sound like the high point of the week.

I have to say, I'm starting to find RS's shiteating grin very tiresome on AI.

Is it just me?

Well, I have over an hour to wait for this show to start on the west coast, but it doesn't sound like the high point of the week.

I have to say, I'm starting to find RS's shiteating grin very tiresome on AI.

Is it just me?

No, not just you. His grin reminds me of a ventriloquist's dummy, it's just soooo wide.

Thanks all for the great recap. I know I don't have to watch the show when we get it here. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

*waves*

I think the stage-in-the-round is wasted. I feel bad for the people who have to look at everyone's ass all night. Well, unless it was Clay's ass.

Ooo! Patrick Dempsey! I met him on GMA when Clay was on. He's better looking in person than on TV.

I barfed when Conan won for writing. I mean, how hard it is to write homophobic jokes? Morons. Bastards.

Go, Jon Stewart!

Tony Bennett sounded great, Xtina? Not so much and really love her voice.. I thought the dancers really distracted from the performance.

I think Seacrest is doing a good job.

*ducks*

Masi Oka is so cute. He makes me smile just looking at him. And quite the brainiac, also!

Wow, pretty big ovation for Al Gore.

Aww, good for Tony. But it's not right that they put things like that and Ellen's hosting the Oscar's in the same category with Jon and David and Stephen. Apples and Cadillacs.

Edited by cindilu2

Yeah, Johnny C was one of the greats. I remember I used to stay up late and watch his show, tears running down my face, trying to stifle my laughter so my dad wouldn't know I was staying up late. It seems like now the comedians think they have to make racial or sexual jokes to be funny, or be making fun OF someone, instead of just being funny.

[/end rant]