#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

No worries, my work filters let me through after all. I liked the lipbite picture in the small version and was hoping I could get it in a larger format. Too bad I don't have access to photobucket here or I would post it......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ticket angst.

I tried to buy tickets when they were first offered for NB, NJ - and no order would go though, so I thought, good tickets always show up late, I will wait until December to buy one. Well - someone said some tickets did go through! Chrck your order - so I checked and it said I did not order anything, so when Fear called me the other day saying a good ticket showed up, well, I went and bought it. Not great, but pretty darn good Middle F - 8th row. Today, I look and my ticket is delivered, I think that is fast!!!1 But it is not the ticket I just bought, It is to a lesser seat! What....?...

Turns out the first order went through, and did not show, I checked and of the 5 or 100 times I tried to order, only the first and the latest one went through. I guess I know why new seats are showing up as people return their tickets.

Will there ever be a time without ticket angst? Tell me a happy story, this is turning out to be a bad day.

Did you know that if your toaster suddenly doesn't pop up and you don't listen to your dog pawing at you and jumping up and barking and eventually the house fills with smoke, that the toast can actually gt to a point where it catches on fire and you have toast embers to clean out of your toater when it cools?

KAndre

The only thing I would add to the comments by couchie and ansa is that we know there is history on the boards and people have been burnt - but I think it would help if people gave this board (and the mods) the benefit of the doubt. Hell, half the time we don't know what direction the convo will head - but I think I can say we don't let it get terribly bad. I know there are various levels of of what people find acceptable (I think my family would drive many of you to murder - Lord knows I expect my sisters to tell me I look like the Wicked Witch of the West before I wander out in the world - mostly because I know ultimately they either love me or don't want to be embarrassed by me or are just bitches) - but I think in general, we are a cheerful board. But that cheerfulness is a general characteristic...

Yes, the history of the boards creates angst for some when a criticism is posted. While there are no easy answers to moderating people’s personal likes and dislikes, I want to give my thanks to the Admins for at least acknowledging the concerns and not ignoring it.

:clap:

Did you know that if your toaster suddenly doesn't pop up and you don't listne to your dog pawing at you and jumping up and barking and eventually the house fills with smoke, that the toast can actually gt to a poinjt where it catches on fire and you have toast embers to clean out of your toater when it cools?

Ahem. Yes. And if the toaster is next to the wall you have to get a ladder to clean off the wall to the top.

BWAH! Lawd, Lawd! Clay is in one moment the most photogenic man on the planet and in the next is the guy that I pass on the street and think, "Whew! Glad I'm already married!"...

That man CMSU! Hawt/not. Styling or wearing his mandals. Big teeth/chicklets. Whatever.

These are NOT flattering pics, IMO. Just not good. He's just him, but these pics don't do him any favors. We're so used to seeing him when he's consumed by the music and the performing and lovingly captured by adoring clackgatherers...This guy, I am sure, is a really nice guy and I bet his already purdy eyelashes would look even better if they were darkened jsut a bit so that I could actually SEE them! :cryingwlaughter: And oh, Lawdy!

What a dork.

Well, at least I don't have to worry about right clicking and saving...heh. :rolleyes::) ...let me cleanse my eye palate:

WPBPerfection.jpg

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

Riversendhandonmic.jpg

Ahhhhhh......that's better.

Now...I've been mucho busy with real life this weekend and yesterday so haven't been able to finalize my DCAT recommendations, but I do have a funny to leave you with before I dive into the umpteen zillion messages and emails and whatnot here at work. Yesterday our staff went offsite for a staff retreat for the day. And it was all I could do NOT to guffaw and wet my pants laughing when we rode through the...(I'm not kidding.)

Waldo Tunnel.

And with that I bid you good day! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, is it terrible that my first thought in response to Clay's blog was to totally make up something incredibly amusing? Involving Clay and a bearskin rug? Just me? OK.

well that sounds interesting..and JNT05 like heee. BRING IT ON CLAY. LOL. Now let me put on my thinking cap and see what story I can creatively make up enhance from my childhood. But there is no freakin' way I'm getting on anybody's stage. Geesh

bwah..waldo tunnel..how convenient!!

YUP he CMSU...he certainly is his own boss...remember all the criticism about how the audience becomes a bigger part of the show???? Now he is even inviting people on stage...HEE

Ahhh...will the eHP make submissions???

This is soo fun...I hope people will share their submission on the board...should we open up a thread???

Clay sure knows how to change the topic...

eta: BWAH muski...now can you incorporate the waldo tunnel into a Christmas story????.

How about that Christmas when I really, really wanted that Red Ryder BB gun?

And all your teachers and parents told you that "you'll shoot your eye out?"

Hmmmm....I like KAndre's idea, bearskin rug and all! (Of course, I thought KAndre is bound to have good NON-made up stories for Christmas, and she can be totally entertaining!)

I wonder if this negates the chances for a M&G this tour....

Oh God. A contest I can enter, but one I don't want to win. Shit. I have terrible stage fright. I couldn't go up on stage and talk if my life depended on it.

Still, this sounds like fun. Can't wait to read what you peeps come up with.

couchie, why does it remind you of JNT05? Not getting that vibe.....maybe NaT with the dancers and singers, though. Hee, I :wub: him. Never a dull moment.......

I wonder if this negates the chances for a M&G this tour....

Don't even think it.

couchie, why does it remind you of JNT05? Not getting that vibe.....maybe NaT with the dancers and singers, though. Hee, I :wub: him. Never a dull moment.......

only because my first thought is he's weaving a story... so maybe the heartland IS more than just a place on a map. heee. Whatever, I love it..... sounds like cheesy goodness to me.

and I feel ya on getting up on stage. No way in hell.

Hee, I am so with Luckiest1 - If I win, can I send my sister up to read for me?

I guess Clay put in one contest taht was not approved by thTPTB, hehe, I think we all know which one that was. I don't think it was TPTB that rejected it, but maybe his lawyer, publicist and close friends and mother.

Final warning of the day, making some avocado and lemon for luch, It was perfect, just perfect, until I stopped and about half of it slif off the place on to an area I had yet to reach with bleach, so I am now enjoying my half a perfect avocado for lunch. I could never talk my doctor out of believing this would raise my cholesterol, but if you only eat this a couple of times a year, how can it be worse than a Krispie Kreme?

Clay content - he would not touch avocado with a ten foot pole. Espoecially on pizza with pineapple.

only because my first thought is he's weaving a story... so maybe the heartland IS more than just a place on a map. heee. Whatever, I love it..... sounds like cheesy goodness to me.

and I feel ya on getting up on stage. No way in hell.

Well he did say we could 'gift' a friend if we won. So maybe you could have someone read your story for you.

Well he did say we could 'gift' a friend if we won. So maybe you could have someone read your story for you.

hmmm wonder if I know anyone special that will be at merrillville. :cryingwlaughter:

Hmmm sounds like a great way to earn money for TBAF - auction of that stage time. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Okay, here is one of my great Christmas memories - When I was small, we used to go to my Mother's parent's house for Wigilia (Christmas eve dinner) and celebrated with all of my Mom's 7 sisters and brother and all the children - we ate in 3 shifts - men, children and the women - the women had to cook and clean but boy they could celebrate as well - lots of good food and lots of celebratory drinks. The kids would play outside or runn around the bedroom and living room, the men held court in the living room and the women ruled the kitchen. It was a full evening, then we would take the ferry home, because the bridges had not yet been built. So we usually got home around or after midnight and might have stopped off at the local neighborhood tavern, a family place.

I guess by the time we got home my folks were whipped - so tired in fact, that instead of send us kids to bed and waking us early for Chistmas morning and kids ripping open presents, My father announced that this year, Santa was tired and left the gifts in the basement ...unwrapped (it was after midnight). I think my parents wanted to sleep late, heh.

I think of this as the year we had Christmas early.