#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Well he did say we could 'gift' a friend if we won. So maybe you could have someone read your story for you.

If I win, I'm sending bottlecap up there to read. :whistling-1::RedGuy:

Unless I get to lick Clay while I'm up there, no way in hell... :cryingwlaughter:

hey look :PickMe-1: I think merrieee is volunteering :cryingwlaughter:

bwah..that is just the cutest emoticon evah!!

Hmmmm....

How Clay Lit My Fire...

Dear Playgirl Advisor,

I never thought this would happen to me!

Clay (who for the purposes of this story, has been hired by Finger's Furniture to personally deliver all my purchases) knocked on my door last Christmas Eve. Since this is in Houston, it was like 87 degrees outside and he was wearing leather pants and a muscle shirt. Clay said, "Ma'am, since you paid extra for the bearskin rug demonstration, where do you want it?" I quickly flung the cats into the back bedroom, sucked in my belly, and said, "Right here, big boy".

Clay rolled it out. I was impressed.

I then signed the invoice and he was on his way.

Oh I always keep Wiglia. My DH's background is Ruthenian and we celebrate every Xmas Eve with fish, herring, bread tossed in honey and poppy seed, pierogis and sauerkraut with peas. Yum!

Hey as for volunteering I will do almost anything to get close to Clay. Yes I have no pride left!

ansa, thank you for turning off the edit thingy. Now I feel less lame for editing all of my posts.

Although profundity is not one of my best qualities I thought I'd drop this little jewel of wisdom off before I dash off:

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness

Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost" (tm some wise person)

couchie, I'd nominate you to the post of UN Peacekeeper. You do it so well.

You are all still a lovely bunch of coconuts because of your differing opinions not in spite of them.

Mee Mee Mee Oooo Can I go if anyone wins? I could be just as good a narrator as Clay. I sure wouldn't win any contest on my writing ability*g*

Oh I think you would be a lovely choice as one of FCA representative...I'm sure Clay will have a blast with your accent...

OK, is it terrible that my first thought in response to Clay's blog was to totally make up something incredibly amusing? Involving Clay and a bearskin rug? Just me? OK.

No, no, no --- just dig up your recap of the LongIsland/WestPoint/RedBank 3-fer. That fits the bill -- it's a holiday story, friends-are-family [tm:Clay], it's roll-around-the-floor hilarious, there's lots of parts that are non-Clay (our visit to the Statue of Liberty's butt, our NYC/shopping/pilgrimage/MamaMia day, etc) and we can even make a Clack+nonClayPics montage to prove that it actually happened. All the elements of a great story are there: the funny, the drama (hee, hopefully we can get playbiller to re-enact dinner), the pranks (ok, the ATM pic was beyond that but how about re-parking to be 6 ft closer to Clay's bus in West Point and then playing StarWars with camera flashbulbs), suspense (the truck that backed up on the Turnpike, the Long Island dinner at Legal Seafoods that almost never happened), the silly (merrieeenot recognizing Jerome, etc), the shmoopie (how merrieeee didn't tell Clay that she really needed the binoculars from the 4th row and how we watched our favorite guy struggle through vertigo to give us an astounding perfomance -- not that he'll read that out loud), etc.

Ha I don't have an accent! Y'all do*g*

Our Wiglia or Holy Supper is on Xmas Eve when we celebrate the coming birth of Jesus. (well those that believe celebrate, the rest just eat!)

We have traditional foods like I mentioned above and have a light in the window to guide the wise men, an empty place at the table so that Mary & Joseph are not turned away and hay under the table to represent the stable.

It is usually celebrated by Eastern Europeans and every nationality has their own version.

Hmmmm....

How Clay Lit My Fire...

Dear Playgirl Advisor,

Clay (who for the purposes of this story, has been hired by Finger's Furniture to personally deliver all my purchases) knocked on my door last Christmas Eve. Since this is in Houston, it was like 87 degrees outside and he was wearing leather pants and a muscle shirt. Clay said, "Ma'am, since you paid extra for the bearskin rug demonstration, where do you want it?" I quickly flung the cats into the back bedroom, sucked in my belly, and said, "Right here, big boy".

Oh, but you must have the members of the eHP back you up to provide the appropriate "Bow Chick-a-wawa" sound track to that festive little story. And y'all must be wearing appropriately blinged and sequined Mrs. Claus outfits - sort of like Destiny's Child. Best to start working on your choreography now. Solo can provide security, and headthwap any jealous heifers in the audience who dare to boo or roll their eyes at your total fabulousness.

Oh, but you must have the members of the eHP back you up to provide the appropriate "Bow Chick-a-wawa" sound track to that festive little story. And y'all must be wearing appropriately blinged and sequined Mrs. Claus outfits - sort of like Destiny's Child. Best to start working on your choreography now. Solo can provide security, and headthwap any jealous heifers in the audience who dare to boo or roll their eyes at your total fabulousness.

Ok I just quit the eHP!

merrieee, we told you when we indoctrinated you, quitting was not an option! And you already volunteered to read "How Clay Lit My Fire".

Heh.

And now 00lsee has rendered it impossible for me to look at the word "Wiglia" and not smirk.

Hmmmm...I think the LongIsland/WestPoint/RedBank recap is about 20 sentences long - heh. Parenthetical phrases are my friend!

If you're not taking it, I am. And it'll be from my POV... *v. sneaky smile* --- Is "Cinderella and her Wicked Stepsisters' JNT 3-fer" an appropriate title?

Hm..a story for Clay...If I think about it long enough and hard enough (gah...sorry) I'm sure I could come up (oops) with some heart-rending and largely (heh) fictional story about my excruciating Christmas gallbladder experience. Nah, that would never get his attention.

Wicked, wicked girl...

Scarlett, there were LOTS and LOTS of stories in the LongIsland/WestPoint/RedBank thingie - you mean the one where we have a picture of your heart shaped butt in the window of the car? That POV?

Wicked, wicked girl...

Scarlett, there were LOTS and LOTS of stories in the LongIsland/WestPoint/RedBank thingie - you mean the one where we have a picture of your heart shaped butt in the window of the car? That POV?

*sniff* Yes, her evil stepsisters never ceased tormenting poor, sweet Cinderella. (of course I'll substitute/photoshop an appropriate picture)

Yes, "Cinderella and her Wicked Stepsisters' JNT 3-fer" sounds appropriate.

Yikes -- Wheeeeeee!

Hmmmm....

How Clay Lit My Fire...

Dear Playgirl Advisor,

Although I am not into perving or adult material, I have purchased Playgirl Magazine in the past due to great interviews of music legends such as Jagger.

Short list of Christmas stories I could submit....the time my brother told my 90 y.o. grandmother (and the rest of us) to fuck off, then wandered off into the snowstorm and never came back....nah, nothing sweet about that. The time my mom accidentally put black pepper in the stuffing instead of sage? Heh, that was funny but I doubt it'd make his top 10. The time my little brother (yeah the same one who told us to fuck off, only about 30 years earlier) wanted a diamond ring from Santa, but got a pedal car instead? He cried until he opened the package with the 10 cent plastic bubble-gum ring in it, and then the car was forgotten. Shit, that's about the best I can do...the rest are just plain depressing. Let's just say Christmas is not one of my favourite times of the year. Usually I am happy when it's over!

Jeesh, I got nuttin'. Good thing I have stage fright, LOL.

ETA becoss "peddle" and "pedal" are really not the same thing. And ITA, merrieeee. Same shit, different day.

I was just over at the OFC reading a thread about the blog and well.......some people are sooo predictable.

Not just there, either.

Whatevah. I'm sure at this point Clay knows what to expect from his devoted fandom.