St. Louis, MO -- Nov. 27, 2007

ldyjocelyn

I as raised in the 40's and 50's. ..black rubber boots...lie on blankets by the curb to watch the parade. On top of the float was a sleigh and 8 reindeer. Our tree came home later. Eventually wore it's coat of red and glass ornaments. Baby Jesus rested in his manger. Santa found their house and left presents. (this is breaking up so I can't hear this well) Samsonite overnight case...hold your horses! More gifts waiting with names attached on little tags but they couldn't open until they got their rosaries out (I think that's what she said). After gifts opened, carefully placed in box under tree. On Christmas day they drove to church and wobbled in on their first high heels. After church, Mom would cook but first Dad had to make his trip to ? and returned home with young men who couldn't make it home for Christmas. Some were Army men, some Marines. Coated candlesticks with a little oil. Candles reflected on the china. Got to know special guests better. Dad returned men to USO and wished them good luck. Hope their visit with them made their holiday a little better. My little girl...I am proud... (couldn't hear too much--sorry)

her mother died of breast cancer,so I think she might.

from CB

Story about the Mother, Father, brother and her living in her Father's car, they were homeless. They got to stay in a hotel room in return for the Dad doing repairs. Had no money for Christmas but had a roof over their heads. Their Mom always made the best of their situation and this was no different. They made decorations, a paper chain to hang in the window and then a nativity scene. A knock on the door, a large black garbage bag with gifts for each of them sat there. Her Dad gave her Mom a glance, she wiped away a tear. Didn't know who left it but she knew God had a hand in it. That year her Mom taught her to keep the true meaning of Christmas in her heart always. (I think she started to tear up) Nice story.

I thought I heard breast cancer, but maybe not.

Certainly makes me think about how easy my life is/was.

CV cert: lots of people around certer saying how wonderful it was. Certer saying how happy he seemed, how on he was, better than last night.

Certer was videong, someone else was as well, should be lots of clack. Lots of men, some very into it.

Well, it's been fun ladies, but it is past my bedtime! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ack - I missed the second have, damnit!!

But, it was for a good cause. In case anybody was following it, the Clayboard had a fundraiser going on to raise enough money for a LetsALLPlay camp for Clay's birthday. As of Friday evening, they were about half way there. Tonight, they reached the goal! Awesome.

Woo hoo for the CB!

I don't think she is insinuating he wasn't happy or on last night, just comparing the two shows.

Sorry. Don't mean to be pissy. Just getting a vibe that somehow last night was inferior. It was a beautiful show. Really.

edited cuz shoe and show are not the same thing unless your Ed Sullivan....*g*

from cb

The scarfs and hats are really pretty and are of great quality. Part of the set that is behind the piano is theirs. They take it from venue to venue. CP said it took them an hour and a half last night just to get all the equipment back in the buses.
He loosened his body and shook his head around a bit and gave the look like "Oh, Lord here we go" before he sang AIW.

Wide leg stance and full body action during the song.

About 100 people out there now and they're cold.

The bus is right in front of them, they're parked next to it.

Last night it was about 1 1/2 hours before he came out but that might have been a security measure. Clay was on the bus last night about 1/2 hour before they started the bus and left.

He's coming out at midnight and all he's going to do is wave, no touching and no autographs.

They want them to line up on the sidewalk. It's just after 10 p.m. there so that would be a 2 hour wait. The other security guy said he wouldn't be out till 1 a.m.

They're wondering if they are trying to discourage the crowd from staying.

He's coming out at midnight if people want to wait. There will be no touching or anything. He's only going to wave. There's conflicting reports it seems. One guy said midnight another said 1am. (that's crazy). Thinks they're just trying to discourage the crowd and get them to leave.
The merchandise was moving well. Scarves and hats are really pretty and look like good quality.