# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

You know...I have had a smile on my face all day. We're a pretty happy bunch anyway..but this is just awesome. I can't jump up and order tickets like others but that's ok. I know I'm going. I know I'm gonna see Clay and I'm just thrilled to bask in this eeeeeeeeeeeeing. whoo hooo

I can so see Clay on that role...great too for soemeone who is self conscious about his dancing. What I can;t imagine is his voice in this role...will he try to have a deep booming voice???

hee I am loving this!!

David Hyde Pierce is hardly a deep booming voice. :cryingwlaughter: But then, Clay isn't playing DHP playing Sir Robin. He's playing Sir Robin, and I have no doubt at all that he will make it Clay Aiken's role. Just watching the ham and the double-takes and the general goofiness of David singing that song though, has me absolutely bursting to see Clay's interpretation. *I* wonder if he'll learn the piano part?!!?!?!!

ETA: If you're talking about projection though - I think that's even less of stretch for him. I remember the first time he dropped the mic for the last line of DSIAFCD last year. We were sitting quite a ways back in the house, and his voice was pure and clear as a bell, with no amplification at all. It still gives me chills when I think of it.

God, this is the most exciting day in the Nation since I can't remember when.

Cool screencap, bottle!

I'm wondering about the piano part, too, cindilu. I think he's probably already started working on it.

I won't be surprised if someone gets at an audio recording of Clays' solo. It's not kosher on Broadway, but I'll be surprised if someone doesn't try it.

ETA: Ooooooh! I just became Clay's PERSONAL MANAGER. Oh, yeah!! I'll manage his person, alright! Heeee! :naughtywag:

Planning for spring? (1st weekend's a given).... join the eHP in AIM chat right now -- (PM me for an invite or IM me with my OFC id)... MUAH!

Sorry, do I need content? Clay in tights!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ETA: Congratulations, Gibby!!! :medium-smiley-075:

I wanna be the seamstress who has to fit the tights to accomodate the BHC. Then in appreciation for my services he will snuggle up behind me and place his big beautiful hands over my...oh well it was just a thought.

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

And I do think he'll say shitty.

I'm wondering about the piano part, too, cindilu. I think he's probably already started working on it.

I won't be surprised if someone gets at an audio recording of Clays' solo. It's not kosher on Broadway, but I'll be surprised if someone doesn't try it.

Yep, I certainly expect that someone will manage to get audio of the whole show. Video will be harder but I have no doubt that someone will pull it off, too, at least once.

Does the performer who plays Robin usually play the piano part himself? In the video I was watching on YouTube, it seemed to me that the actor was just pretending.

You can find these videos on YouTube by searching "Spamalot 1" and then you should see links for Spamalot 2 - ??? I am at 8 right now.

I was clicking around on myspace, and snagged this screencap of Quiana from the AIR Atlanta episode. She has the best smile ever!

QuianaatAtlanta.jpg

Thank you!!!

I was going to do that and I never got around to dl'ing the video!

She does have one of the bestest smiles evah!

Yep, I certainly expect that someone will manage to get audio of the whole show. Video will be harder but I have no doubt that someone will pull it off, too, at least once.

I've seen a full video of Lea Salonga in Miss Saigon -- but it was taken towards the middle of the run (because there was less attention I guess; not by me, honest!)

ETA: jmh, yes very. Did you need the answers to your building/sculpture q's right away? I'm in chat with Karen Eh?

As a frequent play goer. cameras and cell phones are strictly forbidden. It is just not acceptable.

Whoever gathers clack should just be very, very discrete, and make sure that no audience members are disturbed by the process.

Just for fun (and because I can't concentrate on anything else tonight) I dug out my program from Spamalot in Toronto. Here are the scenes that it looks like Sir Robin takes part in:

ACT I:

Scene 4 - Plague Village

I Am Not Dead Yet......Not Dead Fred, Lance, Robin and Bodies

Scene 7 - The Knights

All For One......King Arthur, Patsy, Sir Robin, Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad and Sir Bedevere

Scene 8 - Camelot

Knights Of The Round Table......Lady of the Lake, King Arthur, Patsy, Sir Robin, Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad and Sir Bedevere

Scene 10 - Find Your Grail

Find Your Grail......Lady of the Lake, King Arthur, Patsy, Sir Robin, Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad, Sir Bedevere, Knights and Grail Girls

Scene 11 - The French Castle

Run Away......French Taunters, King Arthur, Patsy, Sir Robin, Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad, Sir Bedevere, French Guards and French Citizens

ACT II:

Scene 2 - A Very Expensive Forest

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life......Patsy, King Arthur, Knights and The Knights of Ni

Scene 3 - Sir Robin and His Minstrels

Brave Sir Robin......Sir Robin and Minstrels

Scene 5 - Another Part Of The Very Expensive Forest

You Won't Succeed On Broadway......Sir Robin and Ensemble

Scene 9 - The Killer Rabbit

The Holy Grail......King Arthur, Patsy, Sir Robin, Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad, Sir Bevedere and Knights

Finale

Find Your Grail - Medley......The Company

ETA: BWAH! In the Killer Rabbit scene, Brother Maynard has a really funny part!

Looks like our Sir Robin is in quite a few scenes!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! I just bought tickets at the end of March - Row B, in the very center. :yahoo: I bought a ticket for hubby and for me.

Now we'll have to figure out our flight and lodging. And pray that Muski and hubby can come, too!!

Dang it! GIbby just called and purred over the phone, trying to get me to whip it out!

My Amex card, that is.

AaAARRGGHHH! Our daughters' school vacations are the same week in March and when I checked the performance Gibby and her husband have those great center 2nd row tix for, I saw that there are two seats in the center third row available!

AAARRRGGGHHH!

AND it looks like I could use my AMEX Rapid Rewards points to buy the tix!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

OMG...omg...OMG....omg....WHAT TO DO!?!??!?!?!?! :fca: