# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

finish catching up!!!

so many cute pictures...couchie and FromClaygary....thanks for sharing

thanks too for posting the cuuuute picture of Clay...that show went too fast...and the westcoast show is starting in an hour. I will watch again.

Those kids are freakin' adorable! Despite that, I can't say this is a show I'll want to watch regularly. I have to think Clay and Regis, as performers, are way more entertaining than John Smith, the used car dealer or whatnot.

I actually found the few shows I saw of this show really entertaining. I think watching people's natural reaction to this situation is fascinating.

I've watched 5th Grader since the start and I really enjoy it. Jeff is a great host, and really seems to care about the contestants. But he doestn't pander like they do on Deal or No Deal.

WHY is it going by so fast????

Its almost done!!!!

NOOOOOO

Hee... he is so cute.

I thought he didn't use any cheats??? but I think its good that he involved that kid. I love that he works through the answers.

So they didn't put in that part when the little girl sang...

hee...he is pretty nervous. The jaw is working.

OH yeah!!

Hee Nathan looks like a little Clay!!!

I thought the same thing!

...and some camera person loves the back view of Clay with those broad shoulders and slim waist almost as much as I do....did we see Regis' back end? NO! :lol:

That was fun!! Let's do it again :wub:

Just a reminder....

Pledge totals

I'm so hoping to hear tomorrow from some NJU to see what they thought of him. I'm kind of biased!!!! You didn't know that? No really I am...I kinda like the guy...no wait I'll confess...it's time you all knew...I just love the guy!!!

I already paid my pledge. I might just have forgotten that and will pay again. Well worth the money.

shouldn't be putting this here because maybe I heard wrong; but just in case someone else is on the board and gets this channel, they might be able to see it too.

I was watching the Regis part of AYSTAFG at the end and the news blurb said something like

From Fifth Grader to Yale, what was Clay Aiken speaking about at Yale? I can't remember exactly; but it was something like that.

I hope I didn't hear wrong and nothing happens; but I'm watching it just in case.

Sorry if it's a false alarm

Bringing this over from CV courtesy of both claytonlady and SLC. Could be the location where Clay spoke today on Afghanistan......??

ETA: update....

ETA: Clay was talking to teachers about geography. He wore Fifth Grader jacket, blue shirt and glasses. He did his own hair. *g* There were only about 30 people in the audience. The keynote was the Ambassador of Indonesia. They mentioned that Clay was a teacher and his UNICEF ambassadorship. It was a nice piece.

From CH, Corabeth:

ETA: Clay was talking to teachers about geography. He wore Fifth Grader jacket, blue shirt and glasses. He did his own hair. *g* There were only about 30 people in the audience. The keynote was the Ambassador of Indonesia. They mentioned that Clay was a teacher and his UNICEF ambassadorship. It was a nice piece.

Posted by Claytonlady at the CB

"OH MY WORD -- it was totally totally great. I have to play the tape to get everything; because it was really long. I couldn't believe it. It was so respectful of him. He was speaking to Connecticut teachers and teaching them about geography. The news anchor was so respectful, mentioned Clay being on Fifth Grader - mentioned UNICEF. Clay said he gets more joy out of helping children than being a superstar. I wish I knew how to cap. He was wearing his rimless glasses. I have to play it again to remember everything. He showed a map of Central Asia and the teachers were supposed to know the countries. He was teaching the teachers. I mean I just can't believe how respectful the whole thing was. Clay is finally getting RESPECT!.

One of my favorite parts is when he asks Sierra what she likes and she says .... "I like YOU" .... and Clay says, "Well we know you have good tastes, but what do you like at school?" He's so precious. I love him.

and when Jeff said "Ms. Armstrong I see what you had to deal with." :cryingwlaughter:

I adore the way he's thinking out loud, when you know he's really not struggling over some of these answers. He's so flat out cute.

ha ha...I saw me... very blinky though heee.

Clay has always gotten respect -- it hasn't been one big tear down IMO.

Whooo hoooo...what a cutie.

I was just going to say that. He has gotten a lot of respect and admiration from a lot of high profile people...

aww little leaguer Clay was too cute.

ha ha...I saw me... very blinky though heee.

Clay has always gotten respect -- it hasn't been one big tear down IMO.

Whooo hoooo...what a cutie.

I missed you, dammit! I looked too! HARD! But my eyes were a little fuzzy. heh.

He's so fucking cute. Seriously. Always just the right temperment for the occasion.

:wub:

And yeah, people who look for disses find them. Such is life.

"OH MY WORD -- it was totally totally great. I have to play the tape to get everything; because it was really long. I couldn't believe it. It was so respectful of him. He was speaking to Connecticut teachers and teaching them about geography. The news anchor was so respectful, mentioned Clay being on Fifth Grader - mentioned UNICEF. Clay said he gets more joy out of helping children than being a superstar. I wish I knew how to cap. He was wearing his rimless glasses. I have to play it again to remember everything. He showed a map of Central Asia and the teachers were supposed to know the countries. He was teaching the teachers. I mean I just can't believe how respectful the whole thing was. Clay is finally getting RESPECT!.

I'm totally confused! What was this? Where? When? Why didn't we know about it? And most important, is there Clack?

I'm totally confused! What was this? Where? When? Why didn't we know about it? And most important, is there Clack?

This was on the Fox Station in Connecticut...This was at Yale and may have been where he gave his UNICEF presentation. And yes, clack is coming!

Kim