# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

I think I have overdosed on "cute" tonight. What a way to go... I love the screen caps. He is so darned cute.

I got two phone calls as the show was coming on tonight. One was my sister just calling to tell me in case I didn't know that Clay was on AYSTAFG. The other was from one of my husbands co-workers telling me he didn't want to talk to my husband, he wanted me to turn on the Fox station because Clay Aiken was on AYSTAFG. Yeah, I'm so out.

Ansa, your Cait is a cutie too

This is a long-assed post, but...writing this is the only way I can actually believe it happened.

News Flash!

A Muski Exclusive!

Overworked, stressed-out meeting planner defies obvious piles of work to get home in time to watch her boyfriend on TV!

At the bus stop, an elderly woman literally pushes her to the side in order to get on the bus first! Even though Muskifest had already planned on allowing the woman to board in front of her! As she stumbles back, her foot catches on the uneven sidewalk and she drops her book, the dollar bill stuck in the pages fluttering away beyond the crowd of pushing, shoving people. By the time she clutches it again, she is the last on the bus and has to stand.

Finally, when she gets a seat and is able to relax and read her book, she realizes that her car and house and office keys still lie somewhere amid those piles of work on her desk and as a result her car parked at the end of the bus line does her no good at all as a way to get home in time to see her boyfriend.

Since such an occurrence is not the first, she doesn't panic! She can call her sweet hubby, who will rush to...

Shit! Her cell phone is NOT on her person! She remembers that she forgot it that morning and it remains connected to its charger in the den!

Frantically, she studies her watch, calculating how long it would take her to WALK home. (Do you realize that our country has totally done away with all pay phones?) Crap! Her tote back has her heavy-assed library book, her purse, unpaid bills in a huge stack surrounded with a rubber band, a freakin' umbrella, a big-assed apple and a full water bottle. It's freakin' heavy!

But walk she does. And walks and walks. At various points in her trek she wonders...

"Should I detour and stop at _____'s house and use the phone to call hubby? Or ask ____to QUICK! drive me home! Or do I take this lemon of a situation and create lemonade by actually making an exercise/power walk out of this? How else can I possibly make it home in time for my boyfriend on teevee?"

On she semi-jogs...along lovely residential streets with homes filled with telephones....and strangers. How the helll......?

Finally, another glance at her watch confirms her worst fear: she'll never make it! Having read earlier that her boyfriend would be on the FIRST part of the show, she feels her heart skip a few beats---the thought that she might actually MISS this appearance after she actually had to ignore her job in order to watch it....NO!

Quick! Turn down THIS way! Yes! A different bus! Shit! She forgot that had she walked in a different direction she could've waited for a different bus that would take her much closer to her televi.....er, house. She laughs out loud at how very silly she's been...and finds the nearest bus stop.

And waits.

And waits.

And begins to peek into the passenger windows of the cars stopped at the light near the bus stop, hoping to see a familiar face driving--SOMEone who can give her a ride to her televi....er, her house.

But no.

Finally. The bus arrives and she boards....ten minutes...ten little minutes left before.... But she'll make it...two more stops...and...

Huh? Crap. A different little ole' lady now is asking the driver for special help. She doesn't understand English very well. Muski now wonders if she should get off the bus here and walk the extra distance of the extra stops or if the woman will suddenly understand English and not need the driver (who has infinite patience, it seems) to take up more of her precious remaining minutes to...

Oh, for God's sake! A woman and her mother (She knows it's the woman's mother because a very exasperated "YES, Mother, THIS is the right bus..." can be heard through the closed doors and windows.) want to get on. The mother is in a wheelchair. The driver must ask the other woman, who is still asking for directions to the other bus stop which is visible at the end of the block and across the street, to please wait a minute so that he can put down the automatic ramp so the wheelchair can board.

Not surprisingly, the woman doesn't understand THAT any better than she had understood his explanation of how to walk across the street to wait for the bus she needs....and Muski considers knocking her down and then hijacking the electric wheelchair to get to her teevee, er...house.

But another glance at her watch tells her that if there IS a God she just might not have to injure any elderly females...if.the.driver.would.just.step.on.the.gas.

FINALLY! the wheelchair's on board! Yeay! and the bus driver begins to close the door. But wait! The other woman who HAD decided to get off this bus and go to the other bus stop has changed her mind! She pounds on the side of the bus and begins yelling in some language that is NOT English. Why do the bus driver and I understand HER, but she doesn't understand HIM?

So we are delayed yet again so that the lady can make her slow and painful way back up the few steps of the bus. Muski slumps in her seat and watches the second hand of her watch jerk its inexorable way to the truth: she will miss her boyfriend. Neglecting her work. Being abused by an old woman. Forgetting her keys. Walking ten miles through snow and mountain paths and...

Okay...forget that last one...

Enduring delay after delay...

All for naught. She gets off at the stop nearest to her house, but still a five minute walk away...and waits for the cars to stop for her AT THE PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK WHERE SHE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.

Her pace reflects her mood---lethargic now, and...defeated. Once again, she'll need to settle for the download to be replayed on her little computer screen. A barking dog startles her out of her self pity party and she looks up to find yet another little old lady looking at her with such a look of terror that she stops in her tracks. The woman then yanks her yappy dog and walks amazingly quickly away.

When Muski finally enters her house and catches her reflection in a mirror, she understands.

You see, she got a body wave in her hair Monday night and has not yet returned to the salon for the follow-up styling cut. Her frantically paced walk and multiple hands-through-the-hair gestures of frustration on the bus have combined to create quite a frightening countenance. It's just too funny, so she giggles a bit insanely....but then feels better when she realizes that nobody else is home. Even if she'd had her cell phone, her hubby wouldn't have been around to help her out!

Collapsing in the recliner to watch what might be left of her boyfriend on television, she nearly falls when the recliner collapses, too. Her husband walks in then with the dog and...says, "Whoa....you look really tired!"

duh

But guess what? This story has a happy ending...Muski got to see her boyfriend after all. The show came on an hour AFTER she thought it was going to. (And hubby was able to sorta fix the recliner, although it still tilts to the left.)

And she got in a good 2 and half miles of fast walking, too!

He was purdy cute.

I'll sleep well tonight.

And yeah, people who look for disses find them. Such is life.

You got that right, Twin!

Just got home and I know you've seen it all but I still want to say......... HE'S SO CUTE!!!!! *melts completely*

There's a lot of that going around this board tonight!!

Has anyone mentioned how cute Clay is????? :cryingwlaughter:

See???

You know what? It is so much fun being a Clay Aiken Fan!! And sharing it all with you guys!!!!

CT2.jpg

CT1.jpg

It is FUN! Even though I HATE the glasses....

And muski, my friend, only you!!! Only you!!! :cryingwlaughter:

YAY!! for CU!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

YAY!! for CleverCutieClay!!!! :PickMe-1:

YAY!! for SuperMuski!!! able to leap old ladies in a single bound!, able to scare away dogs and owners with a single hairdo! able to overcome savage recliner chair attack! and still after all that catch her 2nd fave man with ( left leaning) elegance and aplomb! :clap:

I'll sleep well tonight.

That was quite the tale, I was exhausted just reading it! Glad things all worked out....except for the slight tilt. :thbighug-1:

I got nuthin' left to say about that smart, hawt, smart, beautimonious, smart, funneeee, smart man on AYSTAFG tonight. It's all been said. I am so glad he changed the tag line, because there was no shame in when he quit given the circumstances, and to have to "embarrass himself" because he dropped out would have been so wrong! What he said was just perfect. Just like this night!

Whew Muski... I'm tired just reading that tale. You should have screamed CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I would have heard you the ten miles away and rescued you heh.

Now, off to watch the midnight airing of General Hospital AND during the commercials watch Suvivor heh. The things I do for Clay and the things I do so I can go see Clay in 1 1/2 months!! whooo hoooo.

Muski, the song "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" was reverberating in my brain while reading your tale of woe. And you did find the bright side of life (hee! Spamalot reference) in the two miles plus of power walking before you found your grail (your guy on TV, that is!). What an evening!

How great was THAT???? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

muski - you made me tired just reading all that!! I'm glad you got home in time!

I watched at my niece's house - we switched back and forth between 5th Grader and Survivor.

I THOUGHT my computer was recording it at home and I had no worries......

WRONG!! Apparently you can't use the Media Center to record one program and the WinTV to record another.

Frickin' computer........... So no cap of 5th Grader.......... :cry4:

I wanted to make screen caps............. :cry4:

I had to watch every second even tho I read that long ass recap (about 12 pgs printed out!) of someone who was there back 2 months ago................

Here is a really quick wallpaper I threw together!! It's 1024x768

5thgr1024a.jpg

Did I mention I love playing with Clay!! He so cute!!

Hey you guys..if you have anything witty, funny to add (about fifth grader- no anything )or spot something witty funny you want to nominate for a thread title... go ahead and do it..we'll put up a new thread title poll in the morning.

"What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.

ha ha...I saw me... very blinky though heee.

Will there be a screen cap? :lilredani:

muski, it's obvious that all those annying old ladies holding you up were minions of Clive, sent to pick off Clive fans one at a time, if necessary....

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: I just woke myself up laughing out loud at that one!!

Hee the OFC filter will not allow the word "Dickens" in Charles Dickens!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

OMG!!! But I guess we shouldn't be surprised. "Dickens" is such a dirty word!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

24 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

50 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

53 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

66 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

77 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

24 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

50 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

53 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

66 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

77 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

OH NO!!! the list is getting shorter...

WOW! Clay is better than a bunch of candy corn. I had a hard time wiping that incessant Clay smile off my face tonight. I taped the whole show but turned off the Regis part so I could focus on ironing a few things for LV. One of my friends couldn't watch as she likes those other shows: Survivor and CSI, so I taped it for her. I am one of those ludittes that doesn't have dvr.

Fortunately (for the timing) but unfortunately (for her) my next door neighbor fell down the stairs at 9:30 and needed a ride to the emergency room since her husband has eye problems and can't drive after dark. She has a broken shoulder and did not reinjure her artificial hip thankfully. Got home at 1:30 and said the heck with ironing. :clap:

Anyway, as usual, Clay is so charismatic that it almost overwhelms his singing voice. I love how he brings normal people into the spotlight: his teachers and friends. Since I don't care about those few negative souls and avoid all talk about them, I have a much happier life as, it appears, does Clay. I just hope that in his case, as well as others, the positive will prevail.

ETA: You can vote for Clay on this very positive AOL top five:

AOL top five

GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert.

Life is good!

thread title?

oh god I'm really slacking on everything. I'll have the new thread title poll up by lunch.

Hee. It didn't even strike me that we were past 80 pages in the thread until you mentioned it, Couchie.

I casually checked in with one of my co-workers this morning, who is also an AI fan and who is aware of my Clay obsession craziness interest. He had mentioned yesterday that he had seen the promo for 5th Grader, and wanted to know when Clay was on. I was dying to know what he thought about the show this morning, but I restrained myself for a couple of hours, and waited until I actually had something work-related to talk about first. My co-worker brought up how funny he thought Clay was on Fifth Grader, and how much he enjoyed it. Woo Hooo! It's cool to hear that from a Not Just Us. :imgtongue:

Well, that Erie presale was nice. No hassles, TM started right on time, 3rd row centre. :) Wow, there is just so much going on right now. AYSTAFG last night was to die for, we have CT news clack to look forward to, and I fly out in less than 24 hours for Vegas.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!