# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

Hey couchie, this option:

I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.

is showing up in the poll twice. Dont' want to split the vote, cuz I think it's my favourite!

Hey couchie, this option:

I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.

is showing up in the poll twice. Dont' want to split the vote, cuz I think it's my favourite!

well crap... I looked around to see if I could edit but have to run out. I think we'll just go with it... we'll combine any votes it gets. Sorry charlie.

Clay could not have been any cuter last night! He was so generous to the kids even tho he didn't need them to help with the answers. I loved it, just loved it..

:clap: I especially loved the way he would reason thru answers because that showed how smart that boy is and how his mind works.

Regis was good also but used up all of his peeky showy things so he couldn't get the help from the kids who knew the answer. He brought the funny and the kids enjoyed him. He just wasn't as smart as Clay.

Well in other news, we don't have to volunteer for a Colbert/Aiken ticket in So. Carolina cuz they won't let him on the ballot. They think it takes away from the seriousness of the race. :cry4:

Your story was hilarious muski, but I'm thinking we enjoyed it a lot more than you did! :hangin: Can't imagine all of that after a long day at the office. Were your legs working this morning?

Now for the clack from teacher Clay at Yale. Lawdy, I'm so proud of that boy :PickMe-1:

Muski, what a funny tale about your adventures last night! I'm so glad you got to see Clay, after all. Do you usually encounter so many old ladies on your way home? :lol:

Animatons from AYSTAFG, courtesy of gerwhisp:

hands2a_gerwhisp.gif

hands1a_gerwhisp.gif

aclayars2_gerwhisp.gif

Yeah, it's a :attention_whore3: moment for me, but that smart sexy singing teacher guy makes me do stuff I don't normally do.

I decided to post another Morning Adventures of Jennifer and Clay

...to those that read God help you hope you enjoy.

(yes, yes, I know everyone could use 'view new posts' instead of this link to get there, but I thought :cryingwlaughter:)

You have to scroll down to the Clay Aiken part of the Webcast menu. I guess you figured it out, you deleter of content, you! :lol:

I'm off to get my root canal.

:cry4:

I can't decide if I'm happy because they're going to fix my painful toothache, or scared shitless because KAndre freaked me out!! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, YSRN, as long as your dentist isn't the spawn of the devil, you should be fine! Ask him/her/it what their first name is. Leave if they said "Damien", "Beelzebub", or "Clive". Or if the background music is DAUGHTRY!##$@!

Have fun!

Hilarious as usual, laughn!

Good luck, YSRN! You may be a bit sore afterwards, but your pain will get much better soon. :hugs-1:

I enjoyed watching Clay meeting with the Connecticut teachers. He looks all knowledgeable and professor-like. My geography skills could improve, so I need some extra private tutoring. I'll even wear my short school-girl plaid skirt, white blouse, knee-highs and penny loafers. I hope I learn a lot. Heeeee! :lipstick:

Yikes! Good luck, YSRN! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A little epilogue to the tale of woe from last night...this morning Kenny was going to just drop me at the bus stop when he took Carrie to school. However, I had this nagging worry.....so I told him to hold on before he left me there...

Sure enough, I'd parked my car on the side of a street that was fine YESTERDAY, but is a no-parking side because of street cleaning TODAY! So hubby had to take me all the way to work, circle the block a few times until I ran upstairs to the office and hoped someone was there early to let me in to get my keys to give him the car key so that he could get back to my car and move it before we got a ticket that would join that heavy bundle of unpaid bills that weigh down my tote bag that would be a bitch to carry if I have to do another power walk with it.

And no :sickyet: , he doesn't have a copy of my car key because I never paid the almost $200 to replace it (with the alarm button thingy attached) after my keys and computer and ipod were stolen last year at the Kimmel appearance. This, of course, is really stupid because if I were to lose THIS key or allow it to get stolen, we wouldn't have a key to the van at all. Luckily (and unusual) someone else WAS in the office early this morning (I'm usually the lone ranger until 9 am) so I got in, grabbed my key, met him downstairs and Bob's your uncle. :lilredani:

So he'll drive back now to the van, park his car on a safe side of the street and then take the van on with him. I DO have a copy of his car key. See....I'm leaving work early today !!!!!!! so that I can go to Carrie's double header softball game---damn the work! :partytime2: I'll be missing her tournament next weekend as it is since I'll be in Denver at the freakin' conference, so I was NOT going to miss these games!

BTW...hubby was fixing the recliner in the room with me while Clay was charming the world on AYSTAFG...he was commenting on things as he listened, too (didn't say anything else about Clay's hair...heh) and when Jeff said at the end "You're a quality human being and a man of character"...hubby stopped what he was doing and said, "Wow....Foxworthy 's never said THAT about anybody before!"

Yeah....I know. :wub:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to those who took the time to read my freakin' tome of personal woe and then to care enough to commiserate with me in a post. Now...I'm going to work my sizeable ass off so that when I leave early today I won't feel too guilty. (Although since I'll be working all day tomorrow and some of Sunday, too, WTF right? :what_d_fuck: )...

But first, I MUST go read laughn's latest Jennifer and Clay...I FLOVE those! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, and just in case you didn't get to see Clay last night....he was sooooooooooooooooo cute. :wub::arrowed: )

The boss is away so I can some in here for a little while!! :00000442:

Ok, this is serious. I have been thinking a lot about Clay's appearance on AYSTAFG last night. There was one thing I don't think anyone mentioned that really jumped out at me. One thing that towered above all else.

CLAY WAS CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!

You have to scroll down to the Clay Aiken part of the Webcast menu. I guess you figured it out, you deleter of content, you! :lol:

damn, you never miss a thing! LOL Actually I was pretty excited when I found that there was a part 1 and a part 2 to the piece...then I found out part 1 was just some broadcaster guy talking about Clay. :P

BWAH! and :cryingwlaughter: , laughn!

But who's the French speaking person who taught him a few things? :hubbahubba:

The French gal was mentioned in the skit before. I was just going to drop her in there one time but people kept PMing me saying I should let her move in with him. Seems they wanted more smut or something. Imagine. hee.

I still can't get over your crazy car days...omg.

couchie...It's good to be home for the holidays...paying for Clay is a labor of love.

luckiest..congrats on third row! :clap:

btw...my co-worker's husband who is not usually Clay friendly watched AYSTAFG with her last night. She kept waiting for some off remark or thought maybe he'd leave and do something else. Nope. He watched the whole hour, smiled and then said he was headed for bed.

ok...if I'm going to be sitting up here I may as well post something cute....

aysclaya.jpg

Those chest hairs in that pic just DO something to me.... :hubbahubba:

Crap...I'm supposed to be working my sizeable ass off.... :unsure:

Oh, by the way....hubby did have one other comment during AYSTAFG last night. He noticed the jaw grinding thing and asked about it...I started to answer and MuskiDaughter#1 said, "Oh...of COURSE you know the story behind the story since it's about CLAAAAAYYY!"

Smart kid.

CG, are you sure about the CUTE thing?

Lemme go back and watch just to confirm your observations...

'Cause I'm willing to sacrifice myself like that.

Yes, I am.

You are such a generaous and selfless person, KAndre!

And I am glad you are willing to make that sacrifice, because this is something we shouldn't just speculate on. It is something we need to know as fact.

Let us know what you find out!

(But I vote for HE"S CUTE!!)

Just honored my pledge to BAF for Clay's awesome showing on 5th Grader. Feels good!!!! I also put the FCA Beta Alpha name in there - don't forget that!!

This is the first time I've done anything with the BAF website that actually went throught the first time, no glitches. Things are looking up!!

Just honored my pledge to BAF for Clay's awesome showing on 5th Grader. Feels good!!!! I also put the FCA Beta Alpha name in there - don't forget that!!

This is the first time I've done anything with the BAF website that actually went throught the first time, no glitches. Things are looking up!!

FYI, if you paid with credit card, you'll have to forward a copy of your receipt to TBAF for the beta chapter to get credit. I guess the processing company doesn't forward that info. Thanks for the reminder...I still have my $90 to pay!

FYI, if you paid with credit card, you'll have to forward a copy of your receipt to TBAF for the beta chapter to get credit. I guess the processing company doesn't forward that info. Thanks for the reminder...I still have my $90 to pay!

Are you sure about that Couchie? There was a box to enter the name (with a radio button beside it) and it seemed to work when I submitted it. I put FCA in the Beta Alpha box, as it said to do in the email from Aron way back when we first made the pledges: After the show, we will announce the number of correct answers (we're going to assume 11) and then you can make your donations online at www.bubelaiken.org or send in a check or money order to (BAF addy) If you are a member of a Beta Alpha Chapter, you can include the chapter name with your donation and your chapter will receive the credit.

It seemed to work for me.

muski, your adventure yielded one fantastic story! I was on the edge of my seat last night. You writers must sometime endure extreme hardship to get the story --- you're paying those dues, baby!

Those chest hairs in that pic just DO something to me.... :hubbahubba:

Oh, by the way....hubby did have one other comment during AYSTAFG last night. He noticed the jaw grinding thing and asked about it...I started to answer and MuskiDaughter#1 said, "Oh...of COURSE you know the story behind the story since it's about CLAAAAAYYY!"

Smart kid.

Is there a backstory? The jaw action seemed to intensify as the amounts got larger so I assumed it was a nervous thing. But to me he was cute doing it.

Muski.... HUG... but as usual even your wail tales are funny!

Laughn... I LOVE your skits and this one was no different. Nick wrote the letter... BWAH!!! and the Ruben shirt part... BWAH!!!

I thought Clay was very CUTE last night.... :cryingwlaughter:

No, really, he was funny, smart, loving to the kids.... just a great showing for him and I loved how he ended it, too. And, how Jeff complimented him! WOW!!!

I forgot who asked, but Regis won $175,000.

I hope someone captured that FOX video, cause I couldn't get it to play... probably too many hits. LOL

I am going to be gone for a seminar this weekend and will have no internet access... well, I could if I wanted to pay astronomically for it, so I'll be gone till Sunday night/Monday.

Off to watch the end of Fifth Grader again!