#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

To all of those crying becuase they are not here - you too, could have come to LV if you were willing to put your future income in debt and drop everything you were doing (kitchen remodeling), board out your dog that had been recently hit by a car and ignore doctors orders. There were tickets available, not so much now, though. Looks like it is almost a sell out. ETA: note this is a mock of myself. I did not need to come here, but I did.I needto face the consequences of my irresponsibility when I come home.

It is a great gig for Clay and we should be celebrating. I admit I am spoiled, I always admit it openly. Clay likes performing near me, but I got to travel and meet some great people this year for the first time really, usually, I just visit my sister for other concerts. I know my life has been blessed outside of Clay's tour (despite the fact that I whine endlessly about my pains and aches to all that listen). Even with all that (and the fact that I went to Sedaka last week), I feel this should be a time for celebration. There will be stories this evening, there are cellcerts going on, so much Clay in so little time. I thinkthis is such an exciting time in Clay fandom, many people get to go to at least one event, be it Vegas or a Christmas concert (a few of us go to a few more), and a small sad contingent does not have any opportunity. Still, it is time for celebration.

Now for my little unpopular opinion. I know video will be taken tonight, I hope it is not vaulted until after the show is shown. A few clips, and photos are fine, but I hate it when the entire show leaks first.

Did I mention we saw them videoing either an intro to the show or an ad where 4 of the skaters were standing under the Clay poster showing their room keys and walking slowly. We were late to our bad show, so we could not stand and watch and had to move on, but it is cool being here.

Great FCA breakfast this morning, met so many people I knew, or got to know. Many people don't look like they post, hee. Met someone who was nice to me in Houston but does not post much onthis board - all in all a great breakfast.

Well back to packing for home and then a little pool time.

Opps, this is not fear, but Play being so obnoxious.

Ah, I really am excited to hear the recaps of tonight's show and glad so many peeps get to go to it. It just feels like I'm missing out on a really big multi-day party with all the Las Vegas sunshine and bright neon lights and the CUTE guy at the heart of it is all. Gray skies here with the first snow flurries of the season and a really intense craving for some chocolate that I'm trying to resist aren't helping matters. Fresh HOT Clack, in what ever form it comes in - recaps, pics, audio or video - will improve my mood greatly.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all.

If I catch anybody crying who happens to be going to multiple Christmas concerts --- well, it may be butt-kickin' time.

Does TWO count as multiples??? :imgtongue:

Yeah, two concerts count as multiples in my book because my current situation is that I'm going to ZERO! So if there's any crying to be done .... just sayin' .... I'm TRYING to be big about this.

:fca:

Is there a cellcert at CV tonight? If so, I'll be there hanging on for every garbled, unintelligible sound -- til the end. What the hell has happened to me?

Oh yeah, I remember -- this cutie patootie:

5thGraderLook-1.jpg

5thGraderLookAgain.jpg

5thGraderHandandFingers.jpg

5thGraderEyesandTHEStare.jpg

ETA: I'm reminded of the story that went around after the taping about Clay's hair looking like it was styled with snot or something equally disgusting. I don't know who originally said that, or why, because he's just FREAKIN' ADORABLE!!!!!! :DoClay:

Hee! Why do I feel like I've just been spanked? :cryingwlaughter:

I tend to agree about Clack of tonight's program though. Much as I want to see and hear every little tidbit, I don't want to do anything that would harm ratings or cause any grief. Definitely something to think about.

CV is trying for a cellcert tonight.

The camera policy sounds iffy, but I have faith. The reason I'd like to have video Clack at some point is because I wanna see Clay the whole time, and somehow I don't think the network camera dudes will be willing to accommodate that desire. Those pesky skaters will be trying hog the camera and getting in the way and generally diluting the CUTE!

:XmasRed:

5thGraderLook-1.jpg

:clap: I like that one! I hadn't seen it before!

I won't cry, because I am going to 3 Christmas shows, with potential for another, already have my first set of Spamalot tickets, and I don't want to get my butt kicked by keepingfaith :idk: . I just don't understand why I'm not there, though. I've been to countless skating shows, countless Clay shows, and have been to Las Vegas countless times. All 3 of rolled up in to 1 and I'm not there. Doesn't make sense....... I will stay awake for the cellcert, though. I almost can't wait!

For all of you who are there, HAVE FUN! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I tend to agree about Clack of tonight's program though. Much as I want to see and hear every little tidbit, I don't want to do anything that would harm ratings or cause any grief. Definitely something to think about.

I agree completely about not doing anything to harm ratings -- but the NBC cameras and clack cameras will be focusing on various and sundry things, such as skating -- and I just want to see ONE thing. Actually, I just want to see one person, but if I could only see one thing, his thing would be the one to see, all right!

2794552_d970259bd0_b.jpg

:clap: I like that one! I hadn't seen it before!

I won't cry, because I am going to 3 Christmas shows, with potential for another, already have my first set of Spamalot tickets, and I don't want to get my butt kicked by keeping faith :idk: . I just don't understand why I'm not there, though. I've been to countless skating shows, countless Clay shows, and have been to Las Vegas countless times. All 3 of rolled up in to 1 and I'm not there. Doesn't make sense....... I will stay awake for the cellcert, though. I almost can't wait!

For all of you who are there, HAVE FUN! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, my reason was J-O-B. And the crazy thing is that today my schedule is completely wiped, which is why I'm posting now!!!

It just wasn't meant to be. And Christmas is going to kill me. I went through last Christmas on cellcerts and clack and I guess I'll live through it again this year. If there was a concert on December 1, I could make that one, but NO-O-O-O-O-O-O.

So this is me:

:boo-hoo:

And this is Adorable Sexy Singing Sensation:

claysmiling3.jpg

So this is me:

:boo-hoo:

I know what you look like, and that doesn't look like you at all! That lady is WAY too old....

But yeah, I know what you mean. I think the FCA board helped me a lot with my coming to terms about (probably) not seeing Clay in Spamalot. We'll be here to help you get through your concertless Christmas.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Has anyone mentioned how CUTE the banner is? Thanks merrieeee!!!

CH is working on a cellcert too--it's a maybe at this point.

I don't think clack will deter viewing for this event, given that this is a taping and the actual show will be completely different--edited for TV and so forth. No way our clack gatherers can capture the whole show from every angle.

I'm pleased as punch for everyone who is there, and I can't wait to read all the reports and recaps. I just read on the CB that over 178 people from that board are there! Amazing. I just wish I could be there too. :cry4:

I know, :boo-hoo:

OMG...I FLOVE that parade float picture and I FLOVE the red hair (and miss it)...of course, I'm sure missing the red is silly since who KNOWS what color it will be each time we see Mr. CP (CutiePatootie)...

keepingfaith...I'm in your bitch'nmoan car, babe---no CITH concert, no skating--bupkiss for Muski. Spamalot in March, though...seems like forever from now...

Just popped in...gotta go crunch some numbers and try to feed 1200 people on a dime. not fun.

Maybe a little Clay Aiken music playing along as I hit the calculator keys will smooth things along, eh? :DoClay:

Now this is Fear and there is visual proof of what we did in Las Vegas. Gibby and Luckiest have the proof, so I can't do it now. I will try to upload a few Vegas pictures if I can.

If this place is not Clay City, I don't know what it is. Every where you turn is a Clay fan. I guess we will find out if he is still cute tonight. As far as I know there have been no further Clay sightings since the Grand Canyon. And that was just a Clay hearing.

My husband is trying to handle the stressfullness of our kitchen remodel. Thank goodness the contractor knows what he is doing.

Just got off the phone with couchie -- she's in Vegas, babeee! At the moment, she's waiting for FCAers to come up and say "are you couch tomato?" Anyway, she says "hi" to everyone, and she's planning to call me tonight when there are breaks in the action. (I wish I could stay up late, but I'll probably be a zombie by midnight, if not sooner....)

aikim, good question -- how does everyone feel about that? I think I was just planning to talk about it here....

Just got off the phone with couchie -- she's in Vegas, babeee! At the moment, she's waiting for FCAers to come up and say "are you couch tomato?" Anyway, she says "hi" to everyone, and she's planning to call me tonight when there are breaks in the action. (I wish I could stay up late, but I'll probably be a zombie by midnight, if not sooner....)

aikim, good question -- how does everyone feel about that? I think I was just planning to talk about it here....

Okay, with me!

Kim

Ok, who here would NOT watch the show on Christmas Day if they saw clack first????

Anyone???

Didn't think so. I vote for not putting the video on YouTUbe (it would probably get yanked anyway), but I cannot imagine a single Clay fan who would say, "I saw the clack. Who wants to watch the show now!".

So, I am HOPING for clack and I am HOPING it is not kept away from the fans - even the ones who aren't privileged enough to have keys to vaults.

My husband is trying to handle the stressfullness of our kitchen remodel. Thank goodness the contractor knows what he is doing.

So, do kitchen remodels run in your family????

Ok, I'll stop whining since I am planning on 3 Christmas concerts and 3 (so far) Spamalots. But I still wish I were there.......

I have a friend who is hoping to be able to give me a cellcert so if CV or CH don't have them I will be happy to give a cellcert play by play. Now let's hope she gets good cell phone reception!

Of course I didn't mean 'us'. That's just crazy talk! :blink:

But this is a strange world we live in - and Clay can catch flack for shhhstuff more easily than just about anybody. I just can't imagine that NBC would appreciate having their 'star' performances (#1 being Clay of course) all over youtube (or the internet in general) for months before their tv special. No so far fetched, I think.

But this is a strange world we live in - and Clay can catch flack for shhhstuff more easily than just about anybody. I just can't imagine that NBC would appreciate having their 'star' performances (#1 being Clay of course) all over youtube (or the internet in general) for months before their tv special. No so far fetched, I think.

Hard to say what NBC would think of a YouTube clip. Could be they could see it as cheap advertisement, especially if the nju people found it.

Either way, I don't think Clay would catch flak, unless he himself were taking the Clack (Scarlett's not there, right? :imgtongue:)

From the CH:

QUOTE("spotlightlover")

Other notes from rehearsal:

I was too late to hear anything, but others heard "All Is Well" and Sleigh Ride. The music is a live band, BTW -- not backing tracks as I expected. toofargone and I tried to sneak into a group of VIPs going into the arena for a tour, but I chickened out. They weren't in there very long and anyway Clay was already gone. Steven the usher from Brooklyn told us they were touring the broadcasting booth.

Crossing my fingers for Todd Eldredge skating to All Is Well! My seatmate CCF better hope it's not Philippe Candeloro, I might hurl.

Hard to say what NBC would think of a YouTube clip. Could be they could see it as cheap advertisement, especially if the nju people found it.

Either way, I don't think Clay would catch flak, unless he himself were taking the Clack (Scarlett's not there, right? :imgtongue:)

I guess I'm not making myself very well understood tonight. Must be the wine, lol. I don't mean Clay personally - I mean Clay and all things Clay. The Sedaka-Solitaire youtube being a prime example. The clip that had tons of hits and made it to the front page of youtube got zapped for TOU/copyright violations. Anyway - I'll just go and drink my wine and await reports and be quiet now, lol.

ETA: *looks up* Oooh goody. Maybe we can get some more snotty hair reports again. :wacko:

Okay, this time I mean it. :trink3:

I find that NBC is pretty good at monitoring you tube for clips. I know The Tonight Show clips are zapped right away. Its possible the producers will closely monitor this if they are concerned.

I just hope people will be smart about uploading the clips.

All is well!!!

OMG I will get nervous again!!!