#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

From CV:

QUOTE(dksfriend @ Nov 6 2007, 07:02 PM)

Just spoke to my friend who is at the pre-party. She said it is AMAZING there - over 300 Clay fans from all around the country are at the party. It takes up the entire ballroom. They have a huge silent auction and a ton of great raffle items, and of course they are showing clack. She says the energy level is so high - everyone is so excited!

Catching up from page 10:

Contemplates going for broke and ordering 100 C pins.... Can't do it!! :cry4:

Awwwww, don't cry CG. I'd buy two just to help you out. Then you'd only have to cough it up for the other 98. :F_05BL17blowkiss: No thanks necessary. Really, helping out a friend is worth it.

aysclaya.jpg

Lawdy, I love that CUTE man!

Some slogans:

"Can't have cutie without a 'C'"

"Keep 'C' close to your heart this holiday"

"Have you had your Vitamin 'C' today?"

"Multiple C's keep the doctor away"

"Give a heart for our 'C'"

And count me in for at least 2 because "Clay is Cute!"

Oh, I like the first one. :clap:

Then again, I'm probably totally confused and this probably happened in a book I read... :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Everyone have a fantastic time in Vegas, and don't forget to send Clack!

It wasn't the LAA lyrics. That happened to the framed Invisible lyrics with a radio CD. I think it was WinkatMe that had the problem. FedEx was just awful about the whole situation. They wanted to trash the shipment and give her the insurance. After a long fight, she was finally able to get the precious goods and have everything reframed. She did post a picture at CV when it was finally in her hands.

I vaguely remember a few people having seen the rings at a concert.

See? I told ya I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I got a couple of points right though. Something got broken in the shipping. :) Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

AIW???

Do they do multiple takes at things like this????

I NEVER get nervous for Clay, but damn! I wouldn't want him missing THE note on TV!!!!

And BW - You are tooooooooooooo kind!!! What can I do to repay such a kindness??

I know! I could give you a present!

Perhaps a pin????? (starts thinking of things to do with the other 97 'C' pins.....)

bottlecap dries her tears and determinedly chants: "I will not be jellus. I will see the CUTENESS on TV. will not be jellus. I will see the CUTENESS on TV. I will not be jellus. I will see the CUTENESS on TV."

It's not working! :cry4:

Yeah, that! :cry4:

Me tooo!!! :cry4:

Ok we gotta snap out of it!

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! :clap:

If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it :cry4:

If you're happy and you know it you must be there and not me (you lucky beyotch). :cry4:

But yeah, I know what you mean. I think the FCA board helped me a lot with my coming to terms about (probably) not seeing Clay in Spamalot. We'll be here to help you get through your concertless Christmas.

Sometime I feel like it'll be just you and me, ldyj, holding down the board here at FCA all by ourselves.

Do you have magical admin powers? Maybe we could 'redecorate' around here while everyone's off Claying?

As cindilu2 says the JNT is weeks away, so I am going to sniffle a bit because I had to sit next to a window near the airport all day watching planes that could have been going to Vegas... and I almost caved last week (because I'm not the only eeevil enabler in FCA), but the airfares were in the stratosphere -- a trip to Vegas could have fed a family of 4 for a year in a developing country -- can you listen to MGUCL after that? so sorry, laughn. *whimpers and wipes ***t on sleeve and wonders with keepingfaith how that could ever be connected to 5th grader cuteness*

rban32l.jpg

Hey Toots, thanks for rescuing me from the top of page 12. KAndre and I need to take you on some adventures soon -- I'll scan the representing lists for your name.

Change my siggy for Bookwhore.... thx!

AIW? :wub:

I'm not worried about the note. It's taped. They'll redo it. Just like a fall. Not to mention that he missed it ONCE. One time in how many live performances?

I don't care if I have to wait until Christmas (my bday!) to hear him sing...just cravin' a few pictures for now. Rather sure I won't be making it for the complete cellcert tho. It's a timezone/early morning work thing. This new schedule is still kickin' my butt.

Gosh this is fun. :lilredani:

I just logged into the CV cellstream and heard Clay singing "Sleigh Ride" and freaked out. Just as I was getting ready to come over here and post "HE'S SINGING I HEAR HIM OMG HE SOUNDS FANTASTIC EEEEEEE!!!!", I realized that it's old audio from a past Christmas concert. :cryingwlaughter:

This post sponsored by Losers R Us

I wanna be in Vegas, I wanna be in Vegas!

OK no more whining!

I'm going to 3 CITHs and 4 Spams so I really can't complain........oh yes I can I wanna be in Vegas!!!

Thanks keepingfaith...you should have seen the ones that got away*g*

Hee I'm the top, I'm the coliseum, I'm the top I'm the Louvre Museum, Oh babee your the bottom I'm the top!!!

Report from toofargone of CH:

Just wanted to check in and give a little more insight from our friend "Steven" the usher...

He wanted us to know that they had a live band because it was being taped for aTV special for Christmas day and they wouldn't want people tuning in and hearing the backing track and think he was "lip synching." *g* Silly, silly man that Steven.

He also gave me a great demonstration of how the checking for cameras would go - asked to hold my purse, showed how he would hold it at the bottom and look "quickly" inside. There will be no wanding, metal detectors, etc., etc., Of course he did say it could depend on who was searching (we'll be looking for Steven!).

He was actually a very nice man and we stood around most of the afternoon and between all of us I believe we heard 7 of the 8 songs. But there is really only one song that matters... AIW!

I also read that he didn;t do the high note in rehearsals...so we do not know if he will do it for the show.

CH is having a stream at 10:30..good for peole that bought subscription for summer tour.

That's my girl! Start that campaigning! Maybe we should have t-shirts made up!

(starts thinking of things to do with the other 97 'C' pins.....)

Set up a piercing booth at the CITH shows? :lilredani:

BWAH! Sad thing is, I bet there are some crazy enthusiastic fans that would take me up on it!

Anyone know if CV is having a stream?

Sometime I feel like it'll be just you and me, ldyj, holding down the board here at FCA all by ourselves.

Hey I'll be here! :clay: Unless I win lotto and can convince my husband that 30 plus hours in transit and half a years salary is perfectly reasonable for a Christmas concert or two........

Me tooo!!! :cry4:

Ok we gotta snap out of it!

If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it :cry4:

If you're happy and you know it you must be there and not me (you lucky beyotch). :cry4:

BWAH!!!

CH is streaming too; if you had a summer subscription you should be able to connect at 10:30 pm.

That's my girl! Start that campaigning! Maybe we should have t-shirts made up!

Yes, CV is having a stream. But this farm girl can't stay up that late. I'll be headed to bed just about the time the show starts.

I changed my siggy, too Scarlet!

Report from couchie from the party: the FCA is representing! She gave me names of those she remembers meeting (which I won't report for fear of forgetting someone!). She won a BAF hockey jersey! Unfortunately for her, it's an X-Small -- so Gibby is getting it instead! Also, play won something at the raffle too, but I didn't catch what it was. Finally, SmartyPantzSuz is there with the shirt she won at the BAF gala auction last March, and everyone was posing with it and feeling it up really good. (If Clay were in it, it would have been mauled....)

She may or may not call me again tonight, just for the sake of I'm another one of those farm girls who needs some sleep (what with all that's gone on lately). OTOH, she might call me tomorrow morning, as I will be up getting ready for work and she will be catching a 6:00 a.m. flight! Yes, couchie thinks she's going to be at work tomorrow, functioning. :cryingwlaughter:

From the CH:

QUOTE("artquest")

Texting from the arena. There was no camera check! The arena is beautiful. Not cold. Lots and lots of NJU here, not counting the four year old next to me who wants to marry Clay. Get in line, chickie!

from the CV stream...lots of men and nju peeps there. There's a black curtain with sparklie stars behind the stage and some fake white Christmas trees sitting in front of that. Also a black grand piano with a white stool in front. Speculation is that stool is for Clay. Jessie is the one rumored who will be at the piano playing.

'night to all those heading for bed. I'll be here for a little while at least.

I'm not going anywhere! My friend who said she would cellcert me called to say they were leaving for the arena and would call me from there. I get the CV stream, but I can probably hear better with a direct cellcert - I hope!!

A cellcert is the next best thing to being there!

And YAY for no camera check! That means C-L-A-C-K!!!! :04: :5: