#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

One measure of what the Not Just Us like to hear from Clay. The popularity of singles downloads from iTunes (Invisible and LAA are not available separately, and the Christmas music is always at the top regardless of the time of year):

Mary, Did You Know

Bridge over Troubled Water

Solitaire

The First Noel

This Is the Night

O Holy Night

The Way

A Thousand Days

On the Wings of Love

Hark the Herald Angels Sing / O Come All Ye Faithful

Silver Bells

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Without You

Winter Wonderland

Measure of a Man

Don't Save It All for Christmas Day

Right Here Waiting

Joy to the World

Merry Christmas With Love

Because You Loved Me

Silent Night

I Want to Know What Love Is

I Will Carry You

Everything I Have

Sleigh Ride

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

The Way

When I See You Smile

Broken Wings

Everything I Do (I Do It for You)

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire)

Every Time You Go Away

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

Lonely No More

I Survived You

When You Say You Love Me

Here You Come Again

Perfect Day

Run to Me

These Open Arms

Shine

No More Sad Songs

Touch

Proud of Your Boy (Pop Version)

Lover All Alone

Oh, I was just whining financially looking at my income vs what I spend. I really don't spend much on anything not Clay, except maybe the beach rental.

I am truly lucky living where I do, despite some people trying to get me to move to somewhere cheaper, because it is a regular tour stop since there is such a large dense population here. I used to envy the people in LA for the convienience of getting to TV shows, but, hey, most morning shows are in NYC and so is Tyra now, so it is just getting better.

I don't get why it is a good description of Clay to use the word cheese. I never got the cheese, maybe I am all cheese, because I generally like the things he does, like the vinegrettes and the children's choir. Maybe we share the joy of the season, aothough to him it is a religious one and to me a secular joy, I like looking in store windows and, even though I don't like to go to malls.

I really don't think anything he said today would affect the album release. I never expected him to record over Christmas anyway. He's going to be in NYC from January to May...plenty of time to work on that CD in addition to Spam-a-lot. Many Broadway Actors do other stuff in addition to performing on Broadway. Plus he seems like he has been working hard in NYC since the end of the Summer Tour.

So who knows when the CD will be ready. The only thing I figure is it won't be in the beginning of May.

I'm sick Muski. I got to work at 8:30 and then at 9:30 went to my car and slept for 2 hours... maybe sometime over the 4 day weekend...Saturday?

Aww couchie, hope you feel better soon cuz Thanksgiving is just a few days away. :cry4:

It's nice to see you Wandacleo. Glad you are feeling better! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

kf, if he sings Joy To The World you are in babyee... :clap:

I'm repeating myself from many pages back but MDYK is my favorite Christmas song or just about anytime song. His voice is magic on that song.

Hope he's taking some high powered vitamins because he'll need them next year.

Have a great Thanksgiving all! :thbighug-1:

Nothing Clay has ever said, done, sung, , or worn has EVER disappointed me.

I have no standards at all when it comes to those I love.

Long weekends??? I have to work Friday!! :cry4:

A week off at Christmas? Well, I get Christmas Day off..... :cry4:

well this will make you feel better. I'm off the 24-26 for Xmas but only get paid for Xmas and if I want to get paid for the other days I have to use my vacation which I refuse to do because between Clay and family it's already spoken for. I'd rather work and get paid.

I hate the View New Posts button!!!

I always go there first (aren't I good?) and I get sidetracked through lots of interesting stuff and it takes me forever to get to the meat and potatoes of the FCA! By then a lot of the evening has gone and I have accomplished nuttin'. You guys just have to stop being so wordy during the day*g*

I have a gut feeling that the CD is coming along quite nicely. No inside stuff or anything but our guy is always so busy working on something that I just think he must have been working really hard on this. I would think he wanted to get stuff done before Spamalot starts. Boy I hope I am right!

WOW, so many things I wanted to quote and respond to today!

I work in a nut house, I tell you. Can't these women see the sex god staring out at them from my desktop? ARE THEY BLIND???????

Nothing to respond to...it just CMSU!! :lmaosmiley-1:

lucky, They aren't wrong about Keith Urban, that man just oozes sex. :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :yow: WTH, we don't have a "GAG" emoticon? :lol: Sure lucky we're all different, isn't it?

It's my opinion and observation and all that, that Clay has personally invested in everything he's ever done -- from AI to present. In reading above, I noticed a comment that he's going with a pop sound on the next CD. Do we know this? From what I glean he's happy with the new album, he's mentioned contemporary, but contemporary covers a wide field. I think an album that reflects Clay would be eclectic, featuring pop, rock, r&b, a couple of power ballads, and maybe something with a Latin flavor so he can move it, baby. He seems so pleased with the new album, I wonder if it will be self-titled?

My bolding........SO agree!! I don't think there's ever been anything in his life Clay has done that has not been done to his 100% best at that moment. It's just not in him, IMO, to do anything but. Number 1,376,008 of the Reasons I love Clay Aiken.

I don't get why it is a good description of Clay to use the word cheese. I never got the cheese, maybe I am all cheese, because I generally like the things he does, like the vinegrettes and the children's choir. Maybe we share the joy of the season, aothough to him it is a religious one and to me a secular joy, I like looking in store windows and, even though I don't like to go to malls.

I agree about the cheese! I must be the biggest cheeseball on earth cause I loved it all.

Re the "vinegrettes"; :lol: this makes me laugh...I've heard it so often I'M starting to call them that!

First few times I heard it me said to me "WTH are they talking about?"...now, as I said, I'm starting to call them that....scary!!

Does anyone have the ability to rip that interview? I'd love to have it for my Zen. :flirtysmile3:

:thankyou:

Wow lots of interesting discussion...

first of all...YAY I passed. Aced the first two parts but the driving technique portion was a bit tricky I ended up second guessing myself and getting more mistakes than I should...but in the end...it was all good...so now I have the driving course to get through and 8 months of practicing before I can get my license. But I guess its happening finally.

So...are we back to discussing ATDW??? hee

anyway...ITA with a lot of people here, surprise surprise. Although Clive placed some parameters on Clay for this CD I do believe he was still able to explore his own sound. So much so that I do not think the new CD would sound very different from ATDW. Maybe some more upbeat songs...but I don;t expect any dance music or pop/rock songs coming from Clay.

As to the release of the next CD.... I suspect it would probably come out some time next fall. I guess I am hoping that with this next CD he will get better promo with a lot of advance info in all kinds of media. At this point....its too late for that for a Spring release. I am hoping that through this tour and by January we will hear more about the CD like the producers and such.

But Clay will be soooo busy....I suspect we may see him on TV doing some promo or talking about his UNICEF trip. Not too difficult to do from NYC.

I want to join Clay for Thanksgiving...sounds like it will be lots of fun with lots of Christmas music around...

I'm watching DwTS - and man, I hate Avril's new song - she starts out so atonal, and then she howls somewhere in the middle, and I have no idea what she's singing about. And now she looks bored.

I want Clay to sing "Broken Wings" on this show! And Maks to do some sort of shirtless dance to it.

I'm shallow.

Does anyone have the ability to rip that interview? I'd love to have it for my Zen. :flirtysmile3:

:thankyou:

It's been vaulted - the usual places. Here's the CU Link.

Thanks so much! I have no time to go through the 1000 pages on CV to look for it...and the last time I asked over there I got my head ripped off and handed to me on a stick.

I'm watching DwTS - and man, I hate Avril's new song - she starts out so atonal, and then she howls somewhere in the middle, and I have no idea what she's singing about. And now she looks bored.

I want Clay to sing "Broken Wings" on this show! And Maks to do some sort of shirtless dance to it.

I'm shallow.

I usually like Avril but I don;t think she fits this show.

Cute cute Clay is back...New CUTE Banner is by Cha Cha trusty....

Thanks so much! I have no time to go through the 1000 pages on CV to look for it

heh, do what I do when I go there, read the index page. You can also look through their clack alerts thread.

Nevfer miond,. I don't even want to guess where Clay is going.

Before, here is a seasonal Moanica cartoon.

Thanks so much! I have no time to go through the 1000 pages on CV to look for it

heh, do what I do when I go there, read the index page. You can also look through their clack alerts thread.

:) Thanks, I did actually, but there is nothing in there except a non-working link to ...I guess somewhere where someone put it on their own website or something? Anyway, it doesn't work and there is no mention of it having been vaulted.

Really appreciate the info, anyway.

I think it's interesting that Clay will be doing his UNICEF trip this year during his Christmas "break"; certainly somewhat out of necessity based on his schedule this year. BUT I do recall seeing somewhere, information that the Ambassadors do not get "taken" to these locations~they PAY for them out of their own funds. So, effectively, this becomes Clay's "gift" not only to the children he will raise funding and awareness for when he returns, but also to UNICEF.

So, the fact that he seems to take more trips than other Ambassadors (which I agree with)...is up to him, I would think.

I think he's incredibly special...and I think I need to start saving for UNICEF donations when he returns! :)

Schmoopie post ahead...bear with me...this is not the norm for me.

Listened to the interview and just got the total warm fuzzies thinking about Clay, Quiana, Angela and Jesse rehearsing in Clay's living room; maybe with the dogs harmonizing a bit...maybe doing some impromptu riffing...just seems so right.

And speaking of right; how appropriate that Clay will be with his kids (and some adults) on Christmas...while we are all opening Christmas gifts, or having dinner or even watching him on TV...he maybe comforting a baby or singing to a group of children.

And then he will come home to the lights of Broadway and start a new chapter in his life...it is almost whiplash inducing; but it is also so Clay...and I am so happy that he is able to satisfy all parts of his soul and do what truly makes him happy.

I too, am looking forward to Merrillville; it will be memorable night and bittersweet, knowing that it will be a while before some of us actually see him again.

He is a keeper all right.

Kim

Nothing Clay has ever said, done, sung, , or worn has EVER disappointed me.

I have no standards at all when it comes to those I love.

I'm exhausted after a trip to southern Colorado to conduct loooong computer training classes with anxious people the couple of days. I'm scanning quickly, and just saw your post, wandacleo, and had to welcome you back! I hope things are calming down at your house. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

maybe doing some impromptu riffing.

ooooh! aikim smutted! B)

Just kidding, babe :cryingwlaughter: but dang! I want Clay to do some impromptu riffing on/with/to/for/under/in/over me.... :hubbahubba:

:cryingwlaughter: It figures you would find the smut in that post!

Kim