#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Oooo, seeing luckiest1 posted reminded me -- what's the status on the song review project? I haven't fully backtracked through this thread to know what's been picked. I'm sure by now, I've gotten any leftovers. For the record, I don't want to do OCOCE, for I did that last year. But I'd love to do MGUCL this year. *g*

Glad you were reminded! Hee, do I have a reputation as a slave driver or what? :cryingwlaughter:

Here is the most recent list (and I apologize if I've missed anyone's request, the pages have been flying since the day before yesterday!)

O Come O Come Emmanuel

Jesus Medley - luckiest1

Mary Did You Know - Toots

Merry Christmas With Love - cha cha

Jazzy Medley - Gibby

Christmas Waltz - liney23

Who Would Imagine a King (Angela) - ialreadyam

Welcome To Our World - jmh123

O Holy Night - keepingfaith

Hark the Herald Angels Sing/Oh Come All Ye Faithful - ldyjocelyn

Sentimental Medley - duckyvee

Where Are You Christmas (Quiana) - PuddinsJoy

My Grown Up Christmas List - FearOfH2O

Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - couchie

All Is Well - KAndre

So we still need volunteers for OCOCE, MCWL & HTHAS/OCAYF. ETA ldyjocelyn's choice.

Nobody has taken MCWL????? I'll do that one!! I LURVE THAT SONG!

Say goodbye to Toots people. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Nice to know you Toots. :cry:

Having seen this maneuver LIVE, that's what I'd say too. Whenever he's done the falsetto in the past, he usually pulled the microphone away from him as far as he can. But doing it this way, with the hand thing (cindi, I'm stealing one of your moments here *g*), he gets a similar effect. I thought it sounded fantastic.

Oh good. I'm glad you think so too. At least I won't be full of shit alone. Hee. But I really think this is why he's doing it. I think many times he positions and moves the mic for the effect.

---

Almost done painting the smaller of my two rooms. So far so good.

At least I haven't stepped in the paint pan yet. :cryingwlaughter:

I've pinned the thread for the Waukegan show tonight, and it is here. Sorry, I won't be around this evening, as I've got a rehearsal for this weekend to attend.

I've also pinned luckiest1's thread for the "best of the CITH" and it is located here!

Now...what to do? Work? Watch clack? Write an actual recap of the St. Louis show? Catch up on the FCA articles section? Decisions, decisions....

Hey guys. Long time no see.

I'm sure you've heard by now that I got pressed into being a reader at the last moment for the St. Louis concert. It was a complete surprise, which is probably the only way I was able to get up on a stage. There is a reason (well, several) that I am not a famous thespian. It was easier than I thought it would be, though, b/c Clay and Jamie were so nice and supportive.

The pretty is definitely back. I know that for many it had never gone away, but it had for me a bit. He looked gorgeous before, during, and after the show. He also did the most thoughtful thing. After the show, he presents the readers with a signed copy of their story on very nice paper -- suitable for framing. I expected to be given a copy of the story I read and I would have been happy to have it. Instead, even though in our brief pre-show interaction I hadn't said I submitted a story, he or someone else either remembered or looked it up. So, the story they gave me was one I wrote and submitted for some of the later venues. I was shocked. It was such a nice, thoughtful gesture especially for them to have done at the last minute while getting ready for a show.

As jemock said, he's a nice man.

Here is my favorite of the pics I took that night:

226340003-L.jpg

ETA: I think the hand/mic thing during the falsetto is definitely to help create an effect. If you watch the video I took in St. Louis, you can see him get his hand in position to do that before he raises the mic up to his mouth.

Estella (my lovely daughter) is still raving about how wonderful the St. Louis show was. She thought Clay was hilarious. She said that he didn't talk alot but he didn't have to because he talks with his face and his expressions.

Isn't that the truth?

She also said the "camera gestapos" were out in force but that people were taking pictures and filming like crazy.

Just peeking in from work...thanks for those who answered my question about the mic-cupping...whatever the reason...I just think it is darn sexy!

Can't wait to get home and download clack.

Wanda So glad your daughter enjoyed the show!

Kim

She said that he didn't talk alot but he didn't have to because he talks with his face and his expressions.

Isn't that the truth?

Yes, it is, wandacleo, and I for one love that about him. In fact, when all the moaning and groaning was happening in some camps during and after the first show about the lack of banter and the funny, I was actually thinking, "Ah...this is sorta cool. We KNOW Clay is hilarious and entertaining and fun and whatnot....and the banter CAN be a real highlight of a concert. But quite honestly? Sometimes it gets to be too much for me. Gets drawn out too long. Goes overboard in getting "audience participation", you know. :rolleyes:

And sitting next to a Clay concert virgin in WPB during this last tour, I was VERY aware of the many times I looked sideways at her to see if she was actually 'getting' the banter. All of us multiple Clay attendees are in on the jokes and backgrounds, etc., so sometimes he can say a little quip and we're all :cryingwlaughter: and ;) , but I could see that although she was smiling along with us, this girl wasn't always clued in to what the hell was so fucking funny!

I think the format and the whole concept of this concert is actually a smart move by the man and his team. To Clay this time of the year is about the music and its message, not about the fans. And I'm down widDAT!" (Don't tell my daughters I said that....heh)

AND I think that having such a classy, elegant, PROFESSIONAL production will only bring CLay's stage presence---because he DOES have stage presence, even when he's just standing still!---and his voice and the talent of his group (I hope Jesse's creativity and musical genius garners lots of praise!) more and more recognition OUTSIDE OF THOSE 3,000 FANS that he jokes about following him around.

I'm GLAD this one is different.

Besides....he looks so damned hot in those black formal clothes. :hubbahubba:

I have some items up in the Wichita page on FCA. I will probably add some more recaps if people post some more and the others stories if we get permission so you all can check back for any updates.

eta: hey it is lonely at the top when you get left hanging all alone...won;t someone keep me company?

:( :(

Two posts by me in one day. I hope that doesn't break the board. Muski -- I hope we see each other in DC, too. I have no set plans yet for before the concert; I'm waiting to hear from janisann.

And yes, once it's obvious my story isn't chosen elsewhere, I'll be happy to share it if people are interested. I think the odds of it being selected are fairly low after seeing a show. It's shorter than most of the ones he's selected and it doesn't have quite the same theme/message etc. He's definitely looking for something particular, even if he didn't know what it was well enough to articulate it before the contest. It seems fairly clear that he wants one humorous story to segue into that upbeat medley. Then the other three are more reflective pieces. I don't think mine is quite Christmas-y enough, in all honesty.

226342585-M.jpg

Jumpingjack... I'm soooo sorry you had to sell your beautiful ticket to see the beautiful man! I'll :cry4: with you!

I haven't been a fan of the falsetto in DSIAFCD in the past, but last night's little trick with the hand cupping the mic and the triple falsetto kinds got to me. Me likey!!

YSRN, you are me! When I saw that...for some unknown reason I felt a little....flutter in my girlie parts. :hubbahubba:

muski... gotta agree with you again! I have watched that part over and over and over and....

ETA: I think the hand/mic thing during the falsetto is definitely to help create an effect. If you watch the video I took in St. Louis, you can see him get his hand in position to do that before he raises the mic up to his mouth.

farouche.... THANK YOU for that clack. As I said above, it is my favorite of all the clack I've watched so far... over and over and over... :cryingwlaughter: So glad you could read for Clay. And, your story autographed... that man is class all the way! And, come around more often when you can.

What an awesome show... he done good! And, he trusted his gut once again in doing it. Man has a really good "gut"... :cryingwlaughter: Either way you define it! :hubbahubba:

nnnnoooo!!! I just typed up a post and lost it!! I am now running really late so I will just paraphrase what I wrote before (in such an eloquent way tooo ) :cryingwlaughter:

1. I won't leave ansa hangin'

2. I don't know much about those other boards , I love FCA!

3. I have enjoyed all the opinions and opinions on opinions of the last few days.

4. I love the openmindedness I find here whether it be about Clay and his personal or work business, or other posters, or the concerts or the CD etc etc

5. I love the grown up FCA ladies and hearing about their thoughts, their familes and their lives.

6. Who ever said a couple pages back that Clay wasn't CUTE should wash their mouth out! In fact, call the really mean admin with the purple ink / stilletoes!! ( hot and studly was mentioned but that's no excuse) !

I'm sorry, I know I am totally off topic but I just had to share this.

I was doing my daily lycos search and found an article from back in 2003 talking about how Clay's fans were all teenyboppers. It is interesting to read the comments found here Lycos

This one cracked me up:

Tuesday, 3 June 2003 - 9:44 AM EDT

Name: Kristine Lyons

I'm 25, from Virginia, and I think Clay is just a pretty boy. America will lose interest in him in a few weeks. Ruben has an amazing voice that will rock America for years to come. Ruben was clearly the best choice. America did the right thing for once.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Bolding is mine. So should we start saying Clay is pretty instead of cute?

Do we know who nuChik is? Great comment.

Okay, carry on.

KAndre carefully straightens her silver tinsel covered halo......

Dirty minded sluts my ass...I'm still a concert virgin. Pure as the driven snow. Sweeter 'n sugar. My hands are always in position!

Pardon my :cryingwlaughter:; but I have been perusing the boards and I think it is totally hilarious that some of the more vocal critics who said they were re-thinking going to multiple shows are now changing their minds....the power of the Aiken!

Kim