#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

OMG I'm so blind..I just noticed the "CUTE" in the banner. heee

:cryingwlaughter:

I love that cute banner.

Happy Thanksgiving FCA!

I'll be preparing the traditional Thanksgiving tofu with brown rice today....and feeding the birds in my backyard instead of the other way around...hee.

fallsiggyIIcopy.jpg

(yeah, this is way old, but cha cha brought the new pretty wallpaper :F_05BL17blowkiss: )

I'm awfully late so I feel I should offer a small and tasteful addition to Cotton's Birthday wishes :fest06:

Or..... maybe not.....

:bday2:

I had a lovely all black outfit in my hand in Palais Royal today and went, "Mmmm....too dark," and put it back on the rack. (Makes mental note of where it was in the store). I guess for some people this really will be black Friday coming up. I am doing really great with my Christmas shopping this year...none of this "one for him" and "one for me", "one for her" and "one for me" stuff. I think I am running a 3:1 ratio of gifts to give away and gifts.....just because I'm worth it.

I was following the Celine Dion discussion at the CH, and as one who was personally affected by her decision not to play Halifax, I'm moved to comment...not over there because I am too lazy to post on two boards on the same day but.....anyway....My 22 year old daughter (for no reason I can fathom....but I get that part of it too as it is applied to me, by others, quite often) LOVES Celine. She has idolized her for years, every talent show at school meant another performance of a Celine Dion song....no matter how subtly we tried to suggest an alternative might be better. My daughter's devotion has never faltered and she's begged me to take her to Vegas to see the show at Caesar's, she made me listen to her Celine CD's all the way back to Nova Scotia from Clio one year (well when she fell asleep, I flipped them off). She owns all of the perfumes, and is mocked by her friends but she doesn't care one....a few flips of her hair and she walks away. When the concert on the Halifax Commons was announced my little girl was over the moon. Her dream had come true, she was going to finally get to see her idol. She wanted advice about getting the best tickets and planned to go sleep overnight at the box office....for a general admission venue that holds 40,000. I told her she'd do better to sleep out the night before the concert and then use her long legs when the gates opened to run like hell. Nothing can stand in the way of the young and the motivated.

Last Friday night she was still all agog but had been complaining to me about the bad press Celine was getting in Halifax for actually doing nothing more than saying she was going to show up. When I got up on Saturday morning and logged into Yahoo a thousand unhappy emoticons were waiting. I had a vary sad and broken hearted kid. Then I remembered that Live Nation had sent me an email alert that Celine Dion was coming to the Toyota Center on January 9th, 2009. Yes, that is supposed to be a nine. The tickets were to go on sale on Monday. It occurred to me that Celine Dion tickets would make a smashing Christmas surprise. I showed up here at my computer armed with a wealth of ticket buying experience and prepared myself to get the best floors seats I could get and after pulling up lots and lots of lower level seats in the back corners, I finally snagged a pair 12th row floor. Then the browser crashed. Then I got more crap and finally another pair in the 12th row on the floor. Whew! She is going to be one happy girl on Christmas morning. Those in Atlantic provinces would be well advised to remove and and all heirloom glass ornaments from their trees prior to 9:00 on the morning of the 25th, just to be on the safe side. She can hit a mighty high C when she wants.

Well, as it turned out my daughter was right all along when she said that Celine canceled because of the attitude of some of the local media, and that Dave Rhodenizer guy who wrote the article in the Daily News.....he cost me $407 bucks. I forgot that I won't exactly live in Houston next year.....but I'll figure that part out later.

It's nice to have someone in the family who really knows what your devotion feels like. And has a sense of humor about it, too. She told me that she was the first in line to buy Celine's new CD when it came out last Tuesday. I asked her, "Was there really a line?" She laughed and said, "No." Then she said the sales guy asked her if she wanted it double bagged so no one would know what she bought. Sound familiar? I wonder if that was the same place I bought one of my MOAM's a few years back?

Back to the black.....sounds like the story tellers will be faded in between songs with lighting and faded out as the songs start. I do get a kick out of him being hold up in his office. I picture Mary bringing him a plate of food and telling to quit sending text messages to the people at the dinner table....they're trying to eat and he has work to do.

That is a really CUTE banner up there, really really CUTE.

The thought that there might be a new CD out in the early summer is thrilling. With so many other things happening in the next few months, with me and with Clay (but unfortunately not together) I won't have time to think about what it might sound like or anything......but I bet there will be a cute picture on it. My head seems to be spinning all the time lately. I can't wait to get up to South Bend and beyond next week, so I can get off the merry-go-round for a while. My new camera came today. It's in the box, still, on the dining room table but I have the battery charged. While everyone's eating turkey and dressing, I think I'll go shoot something....for practice.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone at FCA!!

The day still has an hour or so left in it where I am. I will always you remember you very fondly cuz you did me the incredible favour of capturing my very first real life encounter with Clay on your camera. Wishing you much joy!!!!!!

I did???

Please refresh my memory.

Seriously. I have CRS disease. Advanced stages!

And Thank You All for the Bday wishes!

It's ridiculous how happy theymake me! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I hope anything I do will just be Clay Aiken.

EEEEEEEEE !!!!! My Dream CD! Whatever he wants to do is fine by me!

Well, it is officially Thanksgiving . . .

I just took Droopy out for a break outside visit.

I heard squirrels chasing up and down the pine trees. I heard dogs barking and roosters crowing their wake up calls. The sun is low in the trees turning everything to gold. It's 60º.

My DH did so many little things to make my birthday special. My DS and DIL met us between here and Wilmington for dinner.

And to top it off, DH brought into the restaurant, Death By Chocolate Cake from the Purple Onion here in Shallotte.

OH. MY. GOD.

De-frickkin'-licious!

Yes. I have lots to be thankful for.

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

And - for you Claynadians who already celebrated this year, I wish you all a very happy day.

Life can be tough, sometimes, but it sure has its beauty.

Muah!

Happy Thanksgiving FCA!

Poor baby, having to work on Thanksgiving Day. Heh. (See? The rich have to work on holidays too....)

As far as the album discussion...well, I have to say that unfortunately, my feelings on it are totally colored by my feelings toward the rest of the fandom. I sometimes have a difficult time reading interviews with him when he says what "will" happen (I put "will" in quotes because I believe almost everything is in flux in this world today) and not think about what some factions of the fandom believe he "should" do, and whether the two things fit together. I've been involved in too many discussions over that, especially when my viewpoint wasn't seen as "right," and that makes me a bit gunshy about expressing those views anymore.

I personally thought he brought a contemporary sound to ATDW, especially with BYLM, HYCA, and BW. Heck, I'd even throw LNM in the mix too. So, I can totally believe that will be the "sound" he wants. Now, with what kind of music? Who knows? And frankly, I think I just don't care. Actually, that's not entirely true, because I do love his ballad voice, and I do love his green-eyed soul. But as long as he sings to me, I'm good to go.

Off to my Mom's, which means offline for over 24 hours. I'm getting the DT's right now.

Good Morning Everyone,

After finally catching up, I have decided that sleep is not an option for the next few months, you miss so much! Loved the interview and one of my favorite things about Clay is his not so political correctness. Poor guy does seem a bit overwhelmed, but I hope he can enjoy today and not spend the whole day in his office. I am not reading anything, but I was planning on wearing black anyway...I really am looking forward to how this all pans out.

Heading to my MIL in about 3 hours...no snow here, but it is overcast and dreary outside.

4 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

30 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

33 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

46 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

57 Days until Clay is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

Kim

::merrieeee frantically searches her closet for that little black leather number she has...oh here's the whip, now where is the mask??? ::

bottlecap makes a note to look for the tastefully-blinged blonde dominatrix with the English accent at Kalamazoo. :thdom2:

I love a man who knows what he wants.... Eventually. :imgtongue:

MNmeesh_PermaSwooned_1a_640.jpg

Instead of our family's normal midday holiday meal, we'll be eating at 4:30 today because of my niece's work schedule. That means I have all morning and part of the afternoon to hang around my house and do a few chores and whatnot. [Whatnot = cruise the boards.] I didn't even turn on my alarm clock this morning. Being able to be lazy for once is fabulous!

So, if we're bolding our favorite parts of that one section, here's my contribution:

A. When they talk about direction, I don't ever know what that means. I hope anything I do will just be Clay Aiken. I won't do an album where I'm doing stuff people won't recognize as me. The album I did the last time was an album of love songs from the '70s, '80s and '90s. This will be new music, new songs that will become signature songs. They'll stand up against some of the mess in the market nowadays.

I'm hoping that this will give a clue to some who want to know Clay's "musical direction," that maybe, just maybe, they should let him figure that out first....if he even wants to figure it out. Oh wait, I guess his musical direction must be "Clay Aiken." Good enough for me.

Yeah, this sentence, as well as him using the word "signature", really popped out at me too. I really get so sick of people wanting him to define his musical direction. Why does he have to? What's the rush?

Or, I could just quote zena. *g*

I didn't know what my musical direction was until Clay Aiken sang it.

And that is my expert opinion.... hee.

:deepersnow:

When it comes to Clay's music I'm with wandacleo. I can honestly say the only song I never want to hear again from Clay is Mandy. So unless the album is 12 versions of Mandy I'm good. I'm pretty sure I'll get a few slow grooves from Clay but I'm also pretty sure there will be a variety of tempos. He seems excited about his project and that's all that matters to me.

I think the reason why so many people put their own wants and expectations into every word he says is because it's been 5 years and Clay has never really clearly defined himself. Now we see he mocks that very idea LOL. I definitely hope there is something similar in style to BW..I love that song beyond all reason.

Hee, don't be dissing Mandy. I still get the biggest grin on my face whenever that pops up on my iPod. And I'll never forget my cousin (yes, the same one I am bringing to Erie this year) screaming like a fangirl at the Toronto JBT when he started singing it, because it was her favourite song. :lol: And the bolded part.....thread title?

I do find it entirely plausible that the covers album was a way to get an album out quickly when a first set of songs were rejected. I don't know if he was necessarily promised more control. My suspicion is that what may have changed was the method of approval. Instead of waiting until he'd completed an entire album before submitting it, he may be seeking approval on a song by song basis, so that he wouldn't waste time on material the label wouldn't accept.

This is along the lines that I have been thinking, as well. I don't know about any deals he cut or favours he won with ATDW, but I do sense a difference in the process this time around, based on what he's told us so far.

Am I the only one who will be glad when the stories are selected and maybe, just maybe we'll get a blog on something other than the stories??

I doubt you are the only one, but the only thing I'd say to that is....be careful what you wish for. He has been a blogging fool lately, and I'm loving it. It's so cool to have him talking to us like a bunch of old friends. I figure that once the tour starts, and then the Unicef trip, and then Spamalot....he may not have quite as much time to be chatty.

And - for you Claynadians who already celebrated this year, I wish you all a very happy day.

Awwww, thanks for the sentiment. It's so weird to be sitting here at work on this dark, dismally snowy & icy day, while y'all are enjoying the festivities. *muah* Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US friends!

I was following the Celine Dion discussion at the CH, and as one who was personally affected by her decision not to play Halifax, I'm moved to comment...not over there because I am too lazy to post on two boards on the same day but.....anyway....My 22 year old daughter (for no reason I can fathom....but I get that part of it too as it is applied to me, by others, quite often) LOVES Celine. <<<>>>

Well, as it turned out my daughter was right all along when she said that Celine canceled because of the attitude of some of the local media, and that Dave Rhodenizer guy who wrote the article in the Daily News.....he cost me $407 bucks. I forgot that I won't exactly live in Houston next year.....but I'll figure that part out later.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I had been following a bit of the Celine Dion Halifax "thing" also .... i just think it's so rude that media people especially feel called upon to 'dis artists that aren't their cuppa tea -- esp. when they have likely made no effort to "appreciate" the fact that to other people they may just be "the cat's meouw!"

Happy Thanksgiving FCA!

Poor baby, having to work on Thanksgiving Day. Heh. (See? The rich have to work on holidays too....)

As far as the album discussion...well, I have to say that unfortunately, my feelings on it are totally colored by my feelings toward the rest of the fandom. I sometimes have a difficult time reading interviews with him when he says what "will" happen (I put "will" in quotes because I believe almost everything is in flux in this world today) and not think about what some factions of the fandom believe he "should" do, and whether the two things fit together. I've been involved in too many discussions over that, especially when my viewpoint wasn't seen as "right," and that makes me a bit gunshy about expressing those views anymore.

<<<>>>

My view usually run along the lines of "It's Clay's life and career ... i'm just along for the ride". :F_05BL17blowkiss:

3aee806c.gif

Is it wrong to not want to drive an hour to invade someone else's family for dinner and want to stay home, eat steak and clean my back yard on the nicest day (non-rainy) we have had for weeks? Note: my back yard is full of wood that has to be cut up and piled and tied for garbage and leaves to be raked. Maybe if I knew more than one person (the hostess) at this dinner, I would feel more like it. I was going to bring some dessert, but she usually has 4 or more desserts.

Useless factoid. The CBS weatherman who is doing the parade is a fan of Clay's. he is the one who ran at the window and plastered himself against the window when Clay performed inside one morning a few years ago. I don't think Clay has been back since then, though, CBS does not have that high a ratings in the morning around here.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO FCA AND CLAY AND HIS FAMILY!!!

I am so thankful for many things in my personal life. I am also thankful for the friends I have made in Claynation, and this wonderful board!!! I tell you, it is so refreshing, after 4 years, to find like minded people to read and have a discussion with. There are so many fans here who express themselves so articulately. People with common sense and intelligence but better yet, no agendas. So thank you to couchie for this board and thanks to Ansamcw for all her great input into the board, ldyjocelyn, Kandre, and all the other mods and admins who make this a great place to be. Gee that is most everyone here isn't it? LOL

I love this board. Wish real life wasn't taking me away, but I still love Clay Aiken like he was my own son. (Except when :XmasRed: )

He is what he is, and he's all that he is. That works for me. Even when he does things I don't particularly enjoy on a personal level. :thbighug-1:

Clay's voice is his niche. ... thread title???

Happy Thanksgiving and ordinary work day to everyone!!! LOL

Gots to run... I have 3 pumpkin pies to bake this morning before I am supposed to show up at my DD's at 11am.... swishes out the door...>>>>

Have a great/fun day, everyone!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FCA!!!

We had planned to go to my Mom's house today, about 60 miles away, and do a potluck turkey dinner there. But DD #1 put a crimp in the plans by spiking a fever the last couple of days. My Mom has had a slew of health problems this year, and I can't risk taking DD #1 with her germs to my Mom's house today. So, we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving here at home instead. I went to the grocery store last night and bought all of the ingredients for a full turkey meal. The turkey is defrosting right now in the microwave. Not the best way to defrost a turkey, but it will have to do under the circumstances. I'm actually looking forward to having a nice meal here with hubby, DD #1 and DD #2. It won't be quite as hectic as getting together with the entire extended family!

Kareneh, I enjoyed your Celine story! Please tell us how your daughter reacts to that fantastic Christmas present!

I'm thrilled that Clay is happy with the direction of his CD, whatever that direction may be. I, too, honed right in on 'signature songs.' It made me so happy to read those words, because it means that Clay is excited about the material for his CD! My only problem is waiting to hear them. I've never been good at waiting - I want to hear them NOW!!! Heeeeee. But we do have a new tour coming up in a few days - YAY!!!! And I'll be at the first concert. It will be my only concert this tour, so I'm gonna enjoy it!

I thought doing five shows a week was something. Now I'm going to be doing eight shows a week.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee!!! I live in New York and he's going to do MATINEES. How great is THAT??? Many stars opt out of them, finding the eight shows too demanding. But he said eight shows and that means more chances to see the show. Am just tickled.

I remember him saying he was doing 8 shows a week in his blog - and I took him at his word. Two of my three tickets are for matinees and I will be a VERY unhappy camper if he decided not to do them! But I truly believe that short of serious illness, he WILL be there!

And to paraphrase the Beatles.....

Ooh I need your love babe, guess you know it’s true,

Hope you need my love babe just like I need you,

Hold me, love me,

Hold me, love,

Ain’t got nothin’ but love babe,

Eight shows a week.

Love you ev’ry day Clay, always on my mind,

One thing I can say Clay, love you all the time,

Hold me, love me,

Hold me, love me,

Eight shows a week.

Eight shows a week I love you,

Eight shows a week is not enough to show I care.

Ooh I need your love babe, guess you know it’s true,

Hope you need my love babe just like I need you,

Hold me, love me,

Hold me, love me,

Eight shows a week.

Eight shows a week I love you,

Eight shows a week is not enough to show I care.

Love you ev’ry day Clay, always on my mind,

One thing I can say Clay, love you all the time,

Hold me, love me,

Hold me, love me,

Eight shows a week.

OMG I'm so blind..I just noticed the "CUTE" in the banner. heee

OMG, I didn't notice that either!! Its so CUTE!!

Maybe FCA should officially become FCCA - Finding CUTE Clay Aiken!

Happy Thanksgiving FCA! I don't do well at holiday time and this one is worse than most. I don't feel I have much to be thankful for, but I do have some things to be thankful for and amongst them are this board, friends - old and new - that this fandom has brought my way (as well as friends who have nothing to do with my fandom), my sweet cat Waldo and, of course, Clay.

Waldo and I will be sitting in front of the TV today, maybe watching some clack. Its a nice day outside. Perhaps I'll take a walk. And later I will be enjoying my tofurkey sandwich.

Could be worse!

Yeah, this sentence, as well as him using the word "signature", really popped out at me too. I really get so sick of people wanting him to define his musical direction. Why does he have to? What's the rush?

Because they would like him to confirm that his "direction" is the same one they've not so subtly been pointing out to him all this time? And if he's even a tad off then it'll be a chance for them to change his course to the one true way to that rocketship/stardom/fame they've always wanted (no matter the cost to his life) so they could affirm the staggering amount of time/effort/angst they've been pouring into his every career move all these years and smugly say "I-told-you-so" to all the "tasteless" morons (critics/djs/family members/acquaintances) who ever dissed them for their choice of idol or the "even bigger tasteless morons" who accepted and appreciated Clay's recent music that didn't past their muster for star quality.

*yeah, I got up grumpily after missing the blog alert last night by mere minutes* LOL! Thanks goodness I'm using my easy Thanksgiving recipe -- get the kids to come home and cook.

I ::heart:: Bottlecap's School of Culinary Principles!!!

Awwww, he's sleepy. I hope he gets some rest or he could fall asleep on stage next week. Not that I would mind watching him sleep for hours.

Happy Thanksgiving, FCA!!!

ETA:

(Looks down and covers eyes!!! Thanks, bottlecap!)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:pirateship:

Okay, so they aren't pilgrams but its close.

I only have to cook the turkey but it's already cleaned and ready to put in the oven. The sides need heating up. Thanks Whole Foods. My son is baking an apple pie to go with the pumpkin and sweet potato. He even makes the crust. Who knew you could do that? :clap:

Happy Turkey Day, FCA!!

Hey couchie, did the pins arrive?? (forgive me if I missed it - last I saw they were in-but-not-really, lolol)

Blogs!! Interviews!!! Skating-and-not-falling-on-his-perfect-little-ass!!!! All manner of cuteness!!!!! He really is a gift that just keeps on giving. *le sigh* I *heart* him (and I would love to come down hard on him, too)

Clay's voice is his niche.

Since it's probably too early for muskifest and the West Coasties, I'll field this one:

I've got a niche that I'd love Clay Aiken to fill.... :lipstick:

Uh...excuse me, but I DO believe I already made some silly smutty comment many, mucho pages back about Clay filling my niche....

but perhaps not...well...if I didn't, I should've...heh.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, CUTE FCA!

Oh, and it would appear that 'brining a turkey' will have to be part of NEXT year's Thanksgiving plans...heh....I waited too long to find out what to do...heh...

KarenEh! Cool Celine story and I can just HEAR your daughter's squeals when she gets those tix! Way to go, 'mom'... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Time for that annual last trip to the grocery store.... :cryingwlaughter: