#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Quite frankly, I'm a little puzzled about this deference the rights of the Broadway producers.

I agree Jenna, I don't get it either, but then again I'm pretty ignorant about Broadway and such, being the Missouri farm girl that I am.

My arguement in favor of Clack gathering can be summed up in four words:

NOW I'M A MAN

I mean, really....if it weren't for the Clack gatherers we would have all missed that, and it was priceless. It's my all time favorite piece of Clack. In the beginning I d/l'd every piece of Clack I could get my hands on, but thank goodness I'm over that. Now I only d/l the concerts I've been to so I'll have a souvenir of 'my' show. I don't feel bad about it, because I've already paid for the ticket and seen the show. And occasionally a priceless snippet comes along, like the one mentioned above, and I download that, but my Clack consumption is waaaaay down. Damn, I should be getting skinnier, shouldn't I?

BUT - I am desperately hoping for Clack of Spamalot. I won't be able to go, I don't think, and would love to see him do the dance. I know he doesn't 'owe' us anything, I'm just hoping.

One thing about a lack of Spamalot Clack - it might cut down on the shredding of him on the boards. Cuz people wouldn't criticize him without seeing for themselves, right? :whistling-1:

Oh BWAH!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

One thing about a lack of Spamalot Clack - it might cut down on the shredding of him on the boards. Cuz people wouldn't criticize him without seeing for themselves, right? :whistling-1:

Uhhuh. And the sky in my world is this colour. Why do you ask???

Uhhuh. And the sky in my world is this colour. Why do you ask???

Totally works for me! Life in my fandom is much simpler that way...

NOW I'M A MAN

I mean, really....if it weren't for the Clack gatherers we would have all missed that, and it was priceless. It's my all time favorite piece of Clack.

I've never watched that clack. I am a bad fan.... :cry4:

:lilredani:

Clay really has no say whether the fans can take clack for spamalot...that will be up to the producers and I really don;t think this is an open policy in Theater. I suppose the decision to take the risk of getting clack is up to the clack gatherer.

Now I think it is up to the clack gtherers if they will share it, put it up in the vault or distribute it discreetly. So I don;t think there is no use to get upset with Clay about this.

NOW I'M A MAN

I mean, really....if it weren't for the Clack gatherers we would have all missed that, and it was priceless. It's my all time favorite piece of Clack.

Link to Philly FCA page with I'm A Man video

NOW I'M A MAN

Link to Philly FCA page with I'm A Man video

ENABLER!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Ok...that was WAY cute.

NOW I'M A MAN

Mine, too, and I was there to see it in person!

I am not a big Clack watcher, but there are some pieces that I treasure, and I am so grateful to the Clack Gatherers for providing them. I tend to download banter, clips of things I saw live that I want to relive, and highly recommended clips. I'm a download, watch, delete sort of girl, and only keep a select few things. I might be up to 10 video clips in how many years. I don't save pictures. I don't have a 'Clay box' with magazines, articles, and whatnot like some of my friends do. I don't wear the Clay t-shirts from my OFC membership, and have never bought any Clay merchandise. But, I am a huge fan of audio Clack and have tons of Clay mixes that I put together from various clips. I think it would be such a loss for the fandom if there were no Clack.

I have the audio clip of the 'Puberty/Now I'm a man' bit on one of my mixes. Makes me smile every time I listen. :clap:

I never really did save much in the way of photo clack, or not in my opinion anyway. My wallpaper collection is huge though. And now that photobucket allows one to save photos from a web location, I never download pictures anymore at all.

I used to save each and every piece of clack there was. That's how I ended up with more than a few external drives myself. However, I have no idea what's on them anymore! I really need to go through them and "weed." As for clack now, though....I'll download only clips that everyone seems to rave about and different banter. Past that, not a lot. My main reason for not downloading is TIME -- I simply don't have time to watch everything.

OMG... I just watched WTOW from Albany. jojoct has video. This is the closest I have ever come to tears in watching Clay sing a song. It is sooo tender and it seems like he can barely sing for the emotion in his voice. Whatever connected him so deeply to this song on this night, he has given us a treasure from his heart.

Recommendation: 25 stars! OMG Just stunning!

By the way... I LOVE HIS HAIR LIKE THAT!!! I'm in love again. Didn't know how much I missed his forehead, till he brought it back! Hope this means he's gonna grow it out for Spamalot! GAH!!!

Hi from Albany! I am here at my friend's house (she lurks, y'all, so watch what you say!).

I need to clear up a falsehood about those medleys. I was sitting right behind Jesse tonight and whipped out my binoculars and saw the REAL names of these medleys on the sheet music.

"Jesus" medley is really the Nativity medley.

"Jazzy" medley is actually the Winter medley.

"Sentimental" medley is the Standards medley.

I just don't want there to be any misinformation floating around this fandom - because we KNOW that never happens! ;)

Ok, shallow report....

You all know how I feel about those damn crappy awful glasses, so I won't comment......

Hair - it was NOT Tyra hair. It was NOT like it was last Christmas. It was more like pictures of him from junior high! Between that and the glasses, he really looked like he was embracing his inner nerd. Not his best look.

I was able to see his eyes under his glasses with my binoculars and yes, they are still there. Would be really nice to see them again....

Ooops. I said I wouldn't comment on those god-awful glasses, didn't I?

Ok, stories - only the same person died this time as last - no wait, someone's parents died at the beginning of a very boring story. The story of the little Jewish girl was the best one. These stories just don't work for me.

Music - Clay can sing. Actually, his voice cracked quite often. But overall, he done good.

I miss the banter. I miss movement. I miss his smile. I miss the sound of his laughter. I miss his smile. He smiled this one brief adorable smile before getting back into "character" and it was like "There he is!" I don't like him being so far removed from the audience (the peanut gallery here just said "of course not, especially since I have had two front row seats! And there is something to what she said.... But remember - I am shallow!).

I appreciate what he is trying to do. I just don't think it works. He could still accomplish what he wanted and bring in a wee bit of his personality.

I just miss Clay.

But still, he sings purdy. Now if he would only get rid of those craptastic glasses and fix his hair, he would look purdy too!

The above was brought to you by Shallow R Us

Hee! You think? You ought to talk to luckiest1 or goldarngirl. :imgtongue:

Who me? My externals don't total as much as your externals! :imgtongue:

I just d/l some NB clack, and I use GetRight as a download manager. I've reset it more than a few times, but currently it's telling me I've downloaded approx 14,500 files. :cryingwlaughter:

Shhhhh you guys.

And I am so grateful that lucky and goldarngirl have so much clack. That's how they come up with such fantastic montages! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

No content, just wanted to say Hi from merrieeee's house. KAndre, keepingfaith and I are here, talking about... our favorite things. The good part is that there's no sporking this time.

Whew, you must be relieved that you don't have to run away from sporks this time! :cryingwlaughter:

Heeee, CG, thanks for letting us know the real names of the medleys! And I'm with ya on the glasses. I'd much rather see Clay's gorgeous eyes without the specs hiding them. I think he's cute either way, but he's definitely cuter without the glasses.

Hey, Claygasm, you should have done New Brunswick. No one died there was a different little Jewish girl story and there was a baking cookies story(in place of the car accident story) and other sentimental ones where no one died and no one found Jesus. he looked great there, he did wear glasses, which makes me think he needs to wear glasses, and I don't pickon people who need things like that. I don't remember seeing any flashes yesterday, but Jojoct was there, so they probably didn't dare!

Hard drives for Clack - I have 100 gig each on two computers, but keep all my downloads on my two externals - the 300 g and the 500g I bought this year. I rarely burn anything to DVD, too lazy when I can just drag a hard drive around with me.

Oooooh!! I LURVE the hair! It's gorgeous!! Even with the glasses. I hope he lets Jamie style his hair like that for Omaha.

Heeee - my Omaha tickets came today. YAY!!! And hubby has officially agreed to go with me. Now I just have to hope that the roads will be free of snow and ice for our trip.

ETA: I just watched jojoct's WTOW from Albany - it's gorgeous!! Thanks, liney, for the recommendation!

I love this little half smile - so cute:

ClayAlbany6_filtered.jpg

:lol: Hee. You're not my twin today.

Cuz. Holy Shit... this picture is :hubbahubba: Even with his glasses.

ClayAlbany8_filtered.jpg

Hi lurking friend!

Maybe we're just fraternal twins, not identical?

And my lurking friend says hi back!

Actually some of those pictures make him look better than to the naked eye.

But the hair.....

Play - New Brunswick sounded more up my alley. Maybe no one will die in Poughkeepsie?

I think it's all in how you look at the stories. To me, the important part is that people somehow overcame or coped with the tragedies. But I totally respect that you don't care for them, CG.

This is a cool pic!

ClayAlbany4_filtered.jpg

Play - New Brunswick sounded more up my alley. Maybe no one will die in Poughkeepsie?

BWAH amd thanks for aiming your binocs in on the name of the medleys. My mom swears she said, Angela's not here not, there's no Angela here heee.

OK I'm actually loving those pictures from tonight. I think somebody else I know may need some glasses of their own. No names though :whistling-1: