#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Hi, just checking in to say hello and how nice it is to have a place to come to where Clay is celebrated.

And, hello to you wild hussies in MN!!!

Speaking of cybersex -- I'm the only one in the room that doesn't sleep with some sort of electronic equipment. SLEEP WITH IT..HUGGED TIGHTLY TO THEIR BODIES..all manner of MP3 players and laptops. I have a brand her laptop but I allowed it to hibernate all night all by itself. I think some sort of therapy is in order.

OK off to get ready and hit the town.

Wait a minute, I didn't touch either of the 2 laptops I brought last night. I did pat yours a few times because it looked kinda lonely.

Oh, and I was in the bathroom the entire time you were talking to the security guy.

*snickers*

{{{play}}} {{{soulsista4clay}}}

Ah, smut and alcohol and sundry electronics fetishes and not-so-concealed weapons... :lilredani: I loves youse guys! Have a fabulous concert, my Minnesota peeps!

:2: :xmas07a: :freezing:

Only smut and sundry electronics so far. No alcohol and no artificial weapons.

What Timeline? I don't know nothing about no timeline. I do know there are random comments here and there from the beginning.

I know I am working on a post about how this whole thing affected me and how I dont want to blame people, but to get people to recognize how we each failed and allowed this to happen, even if it was just quitting boards instead of fighting for commonsense.

Ooooooo, muski posted more pretties!

cha cha trusty, if you go to findingclayaiken.com, up toward the top of the screen there is a tab for "Timelines." That will take you to the 2007 timeline. If you need one previous to 2007, scroll down a bit and look to the left hand side of the screen....

Hello from Minneapolis!!!

Playbiller :F_05BL17blowkiss: right on. .... i feel more sorry for people involved in the Fake stuff than angry. And, in retrospect, i feel i didn't always apply rationality, or, wonder where some of the "supposed" info. around came from (or at least wondering if people had agendas).

Lovely pix Musikfest :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Alas ... must to a quick trek to Walgreen's for some Aveeno which i forgot to bring!!

Later!!

Only smut and sundry electronics so far. No alcohol and no artificial weapons.

hee, hee, zena lena's bringing the concealed weapons to lunch. Shhhhhhhhhh....I'm trying to sneak up on the posse, and come to defend Couchie's innonsense, oops i mean innocense. :29:

:cryingwlaughter:

:xmaskick::xmaskick::xmaskick::xmaskick: etcetera, etcetera.....

Sounds like some of you are getting the ice storm we had last week. The whole city of Tulsa (well, nearly) had no electricity. Finally got mine back after 5 days!! It looks like a war zone here with all the downed trees. Wonder if we can still be called "green country." Play, you made me laugh picturing you flying down the street to get up your driveway. :cryingwlaughter: Now we have WFI and the boss wants me to actually work. Between all of that, all hell breaks out on the message boards. All I can say is...:fssign: (just had to use this LOL)

Be safe everyone.

As to what is happening in the fandom - I wish I saw more introspection rather than blame blame blame. Yes some people did stuff, but more people bought into it and made everyone else miserable. I pretty much did withdraw from a lot of places because of over modding and favoritism to certain posters. I became bitter and probably not too nice and definitely did have an attitude. I guess I have a real problem with celebrity fans, and I probelm always will. (no offense K'Andre, after all, you have always been open about your plan for domination, others have denied they had any ulterior motives while forcing people to agree with them. I am all for abovethe table openess.

My bitterness was not only the unfairness of the favoritism, but the fact that it seemd to be pushing an illogical agenda and yet, there were hundreds of boot lickers willing to agree with the celebrity posters. maybe that is too harsh a phrase, but I am sick and can't put things nicely. You know what I mean, ass kissing, boot licking, it is all the same thing. Anyway, this whole thing has brought out a bitchy side of me that I didn't know existed. Thank you for letting me rant last year when I really needed someplace to go where I did not feel so alone and could post about it outside of PM.

I feel about the same way. The main difference is that I didn't know celebrity fans from jacksquat. All I knew was that it felt like a pack of hellhounds were unleashed whenever anyone countered the latest weird RCA theory as void of common sense. I'm the happiest person I know almost all of the time, disgustingly so I'm sure, and yet I admit to feeling bitterness over this. I think it's because the truth behind the madness, to the extent I know it, turned out to be so preposterous and wacko that I'm fucking furious that that was it. The very idea that right-thinking people were slammed for not buying into insane crap like this! And that certain mods sympathized and protected it because some fans' posts were, what, holy writ? It's shameful, disgraceful and I don't yet feel forgiving to the perps, dupes, and particular board authorities that protected this cancer instead of cutting it out in the early stages. I still, unfortunately, recall those posts on Clay's own board where delusional fans were insinuating rather strongly that Clay himself didn't want ATDW to succeed, just to spite Clive. This was allowed to stand when other posts were edited for merely questioning the logic of such hurtful and harmful nonsense. I'm a free-speecher and I'd fight for the right of any fan to express any honest opinion, but I never felt like these were honest opinions. There was too much desperation in them, and a near-maniacal need for this bullshit to be true so that no counter-opinion was allowed to stand without mocking in the most shallow, obnoxious and rude manner. I'm not on any secret boards, or boards that have secret threads, so I may be missing a lot of the goings on that a lot of you know about, but I know enough to know that a whole bunch of people that should be embarrassed and contrite probably aren't.

I'm mad at myself, too. I'm a questioner of institutions, and that Clay's major fanboards had become institutionalized did set off a few red flags for me, so I shouldn't be surprised at all. But I just feel sick about this.

On the other hand (okay I'm a triple Libra and there's always another hand), I'm incredibly proud to have fought the good fight with Clayzorback, lightmyfire and LovesClaysVoice -- against an avalanche of lies. Like Wavy Gravy said ... there's always a little bit of heaven in a disaster area!

Ooooooo, muski posted more pretties!

cha cha trusty, if you go to findingclayaiken.com, up toward the top of the screen there is a tab for "Timelines." That will take you to the 2007 timeline. If you need one previous to 2007, scroll down a bit and look to the left hand side of the screen....

PERFECT!!! Thank you - as usual - if it was a snake it woulda bit me!! ("Snakes! Why'd it have to be snakes??? TMIndiana Jones)

Anyway - just what I need to do the 2007 retrospective!

BTW - I uploaded all my Williamsport vids last night to the CH and they just might be in both vaults by now! I haven't checked yet.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Now THAT'S a thread title.

Why, Thankee, Very Much! :)

Good night and sniffle, snork

Hope you feel better quickly!

That's all I got right now!

Y'all have fun at the Last Four Shows!!!!

Can you believe that?!

There was too much desperation in them, and a near-maniacal need for this bullshit to be true so that no counter-opinion was allowed to stand without mocking in the most shallow, obnoxious and rude manner. I'm not on any secret boards, or boards that have secret threads, so I may be missing a lot of the goings on that a lot of you know about, but I know enough to know that a whole bunch of people that should be embarrassed and contrite probably aren't.

Oh, mighty WORD, my darling keepingfaith! :bravo::yess::preachit::woman:

Sitting here at work wanting the clock to move on down the road....can't seem to focus...oh wait...maybe having something to focus ON will help:

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

My fear is that the next album will not do as well because of the people who are invested in the idiotic theories.

I am still not convinced taht there are more people involved than we jknow, there were too many people spewing nonsense, unless it is a contageous thing.

Well, I just want to confess that I'm not over being pissed. And I don't feel one damn bit sorry for the lemmings who followed the negative bitches from hell. Believe me, there were plenty of people who tried to speak up--me included--at OFC and other boards, but we were just edited out so that we didn't appear "judgmental" or some such damn bullshit while the conspiracy nuts and Clay bashers were given free reign. Makes me want to puke.

Have I mentioned I'm still pissed?

Some of the stuff that I've read around the boards over the last couple of days truly is mind-blowing, but what's even more mind-blowing (to me) is realizing that many people can't seem to see the forest for the trees. I mean, it doesn't matter if you met fan xyz last year at a concert and she was really nice to you....or even if you've known her for years.....that doesn't necessarily mean that her "insider info" is any more valid or truthful than anyone elses. Or if you are someone who likes to share "insider info" but can't name your sources....just don't, please. If the fandom as a whole could just give up it's quest for needing to know things that are none of it's business, we would all be a lot better off, IMO. If something is important enough for "us" to know, we'll find out eventually, through more official means. Have I mentioned how much I hatesssss backchannel shit? ;)

I'm hoping to be around for at least a part of the cellcert tonight. Sounds like those in MN are having a blast! Save some energy for Merrillville, ladies. :cryingwlaughter:

....can't seem to focus...oh wait...maybe having something to focus ON will help:

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

muski, if only this moved. I mean, of course it moves, but I'm talking about a gif. If only this were a gif ... if only this were a gif ... if only this were a gif ....

And a question for you .....

ornotafold-1.jpg

Is that a fold?

^^^ *looks up at photos and tries to remember what I was going to say* ^^^

...alrighty then...Just wanted to let people know that I posted a little bit more in the Cleveland thread about the backstage jazz. Not much...just one more random little memory. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

keepingfaith... WORD to your post about the desperation you felt. Now we know why.

I have NEVER understood why Clay bashing is allowed on the OFC. I know Clay is all for free discusson on his board, but you would think common courtesy and good sense would say that free discussion does not mean certain people stating over and over again all the things they don't like about Clay/his doings and lombasting anyone who disagrees.

I don't want Stepford Clayfans, not ever allowed to say they don't like something, but there has to be a medium place on the spectrum. I love this board for exactly that reason.

The mindset of "If I know someone important, then I'm important" is behind a lot of this mess. I wish people would realize that's not true, that they need to be important to themselves first in order to feel important in the healthiest way. Crossing my fingers on that one!

muski... you can never post that picture too often! Sompin' about that picture. Wish I could put my finger on it... just sompin' about that picture! :cryingwlaughter: