#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

I have NEVER understood why Clay bashing is allowed on the OFC.

Me, too, neither!

Actually, I don't understand why Clay bashing is allowed at ANY Clay Aiken fan board. But at OFC, especially.

I keep hoping Clay's getting a big

broom.jpg for Christmas.

ETA:

trying to find a smaller one! *g*

I too have had a little difficulty coming to terms with some of the information that has come to light since the Morristown meet & greet. I have never been a prolific poster on any board, but there are two other than this one that I have spent lots of time over the past 4 years reading. The tone of those boards became almost toxic during the pre and post ATDW release time. So much of the time I would leave the boards every night feeling sad at how widespread the dissatisfaction with the CD seemed to be. Even though those who have been named were major players in this bogus insider information, they had many enablers. People who hung on to their every word and repeated it ad nauseum. Now, I don't see any of the enablers admitting to their support role in this whole thing.

How many people have left the boards or even the fandom, because they just got weary of the negative. Look at the people who came here to try to hold onto the fun of being a fan because the joy seemed to be gone elsewhere. I know that the internet fandom is a small representation of the larger fan base, but the internet fans seemed to be the ones keeping the "buzz" going and it was contagious, so if the "buzz" turns negative, wouldn't that be contagious too?

It's hard to believe that people with even average intelligence could be sucked in by FC and FGF, but look how many were willing to buy into even the most extreme of RCA conspiracy theories?

I have never understood the board rules that allow "open season" type posting against Clay on boards that only exist because of him, yet posters get edited for disagreeing with the posts of "insiders" It seems to me that along with some of the "house cleaning" that is going on, it might not be a bad idea for admins of some of the boards look at their board rules and their over reactive editing style and buy a clue. Of course I'm not talking about FCA, how rarely have we seen the "stiletto" here, yet look at some of the great discussions we've been able to have without the board exploding.

Can i echo the sentiments of some of the posts above too.

I think a fan board should be a fan board. I don't post at OFC because i get viewed as a Kool-aider just because i want to enjoy fandom and praise Clay.

I WISH i could wholeheartedly recommend just one board to new Clay fans ... and i wish it could be the official fan club.

I WISH freedom of speech didn't sometimes mean speaking with a lack of respect for the feelings of others. I always hear "with freedom comes responsibility" ... and i think that's true.

I WISH that after a Clay appearance i would just revel in joyful posts and pictures ....... for at least an hour before someone jumps in with a big ole thunder cloud.

Hey sometimes i don't like Clay's clothes, hair, something he said either ... but he's not perfect and i don't have to say it out loud and in print when i don't ... and let others have their "hour of joy".

Well I survived the night. Don't believe anything they say about me. Spending a night with Scarlett was an eye opener. KAndre always said she wasn't so innocent but I never believed her. My innocense has been ripped away from me on that score though. Solo and Perusingone are hysterically funny and I was reminded that although they don't post a lot they do read everything because Solo threw something in my face about liking to get to the airport about 30 minutes before the plane leaves. :cryingwlaughter: KAndre's regaled us with HER interpretation of recent activities in the fandom. We should have recorded that for posterity although not very PC as you can imagine.

Have fun at the mall FromClaygary.

Zena, we're about to call you..you wanna have breakfast or brunch or whatever..I keep forgetting we're not in eastern time.

Now for something completely different - dragging behind as usual - but I've deleted Huskerfalcon's membership. I don't think any explanation is necessary on this. I feel confident is the right thing to do. KAndre wanted me to say something else but it's too mean and I told her to do her own post.

Speaking of cybersex -- I'm the only one in the room that doesn't sleep with some sort of electronic equipment. SLEEP WITH IT..HUGGED TIGHTLY TO THEIR BODIES..all manner of MP3 players and laptops. I have a brand her laptop but I allowed it to hibernate all night all by itself. I think some sort of therapy is in order.

OK off to get ready and hit the town.

:clap: Thank you. I remember her coming here and trying to push her agenda and I also remember a couple of her friends who came here to back her up. I think a lot of people should be feeling like real idiots about now. How embarrassing for them to be sucked in. I think there are a lot of apologies in order, but I am sure hell will freeze over before that happens. I think a lot of mods should resign or have their title taken away by the board owners. not on this board, of course. I know the CB has at least two mods who were heavily involved in starting up the album thread at OFC and getting "the clan" of minions to believe in all the RCA conspiracy shit. It makes me so mad how all that hurt Clay. It ran so many people off. It was not the negative nellies who ran people off. It was all those people who were duped into believing the RCA crap and who were relentless with their agenda to make everyone believe Clive and RCA were out to get Clay. Anybody who tried to show them how insane their thinking was, were piled on until they just finally left. Thank God I found this place, where there were lots of like minded people like me.

From the CH

Update on Mexico Flood donations:

UNICEF USA

Support Clay Aiken and the United States Fund for UNICEF!

Help Clay and UNICEF raise $100,000 before the end of the year for those affected by the flooding in Mexico.

Over this holiday season Clay Aiken decided to travel to Mexico to help the more than one-million people affected by flooding. UNICEF staff working in more than 150 countries around the world are unable to take a vacation from saving kids lives. In a show of solidarity, Clay will forgo his holiday vacation to help support the kids of Mexico. Help make Clay’s vacation a success!

Following several days of torrential rains including Tropical Storm, Noel, Mexico experienced its worst flooding in 50 years. The destruction was widespread and particularly difficult on children:

* 80% of the state of Tabasco was left underwater

* Approximately 70% of the schools were damaged

* 100% of the state crops were destroyed

We encourage you to take this opportunity to make a difference and help kids in Mexico.

Make a donation towards Clay's $100,000 goal HERE.

I know that some fans have a thing against RCA and sometimes don't like Clay's hair or what his jokes or whatever. Fine. They can say it if they really feel that they HAVE TO, but why oh why do so many just beat the hell out of that poor dead horse? That's what's made OFC and other boards so toxic and depressing. Will the 500th repeat of how badly RCA has treated Clay REALLY make a difference in the universe? Does it really ever do anything but throw a pall over a board? I think fan boards should be for the purpose of celebrating; otherwise, what in the hell is the point?

Solo and Perusingone are hysterically funny and I was reminded that although they don't post a lot they do read everything because Solo threw something in my face about liking to get to the airport about 30 minutes before the plane leaves. :cryingwlaughter:

YOU would only get to an airport 30 minutes before your flight? You??? I find that easy hard to believe!!!!!!

I am glad you wild and crazy ones are having a ball in MN. Wish I were there!!

Can't wait to see your Williamsport clack, cha cha!

All this crap that's coming out - I don't know why, but it doesn't surprise me. I do find it fascinating, though. I think it would make a very interesting psycholgical study.

And KAndre, if you find the time, I for one would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this matter. I imagine it would make for a very interesting read!

Help make Clay’s vacation a success!

For some reason, this cracked me up. Vacation? I suppose.

But I'm glad that UNICEF has picked up on this. You go Clay!

As for the topics as hand....

1) One of the things I've learned in this fandom over the past four years is that there are all kinds of ways to show being a fan. I do tend to be one that likes everything all comfy cozy and happy happy, and don't always understand people who don't share that philosophy. Having said that, though -- the key really IS respect, and that is something that I DO find on this board, and hope that all members continue to strive towards. There is a way to say that you do or do not like something Clay said/did/wore; not everyone can agree to those things. However, if it is said with respect, I'm cool. And I can agree with wanda that posting OVER AND OVER AND OVER gets tiring. (Although, if I put the shoe on the other foot, I can see where reading OVER AND OVER AND OVER how pleased some are over something could make one feel a bit alone in the world if you didn't like it...)

2) I'm really not all that ANGRY at many people involved in the events of the past few days, even those tangentially involved, and so I'm only doing a Snoopy Happy Dance at about 20% strength. I'm really more SAD at all this, and sad that people are still not quite understanding the damage the backchannel rumors did. IMO, they did much more damage to the fandom as a whole than anything else. I'm not totally naive, and know there's been a BUNCH of nasty splits in the fandom over the past 4.75 years, but the RCA hate seemed really pervasive to me, and it made me just want to cry over the fissions in the fandom as much as it made me want to punch someone's lights out.

I think the other thing that I keep coming back to over and over again is the ravenous need by some in this fandom for 1) information about Clay, and NOW; and 2) validation and pats on the back for finding (aka digging) such information. I've always noticed that patience sometimes isn't a strong suit to some people. Maybe I can only speak for myself here, but I've come to accept that clack doesn't need to show up within an hour of the original concert; or that I need to know immediately the date of Clay's next album release. I don't mind the wait sometimes; it frequently makes the information that much sweeter. And play, I think your bootlicker phrase is quite apt; thing is, I still don't think people see it, even with all the crap that came down this past weekend. As I said, I find that sad.

I do find it fascinating, though. I think it would make a very interesting psycholgical study.

Yep, me too CG. In a train-wreck sort of way.

JaMar, I know what you're getting for Christmas!!!!!!!! DannyMac was just on the radio talking about you and me! I was just getting ready to tell you about him being on the radio and what does he say..."Remember, my mom has someone here who reports back to her about me!"

Bwahahahahaha!

:cryingwlaughter: The poor kid! Even miles and miles from home, he's still being watched.

Speaking of cybersex -- I'm the only one in the room that doesn't sleep with some sort of electronic equipment. SLEEP WITH IT..HUGGED TIGHTLY TO THEIR BODIES..all manner of MP3 players and laptops. I have a brand her laptop but I allowed it to hibernate all night all by itself. I think some sort of therapy is in order.

Were we speaking of cybersex? I read back a couple of pages and couldn't find any mention....Hmmmm. But seriously...they sleep with electronics? I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must be...rolling over on top of an iPod or a laptop. The only hard thing I want to sleep with is.....

Nah!....it's too easy. :cryingwlaughter:

I know I am working on a post about how this whole thing affected me and how I dont want to blame people, but to get people to recognize how we each failed and allowed this to happen, even if it was just quitting boards instead of fighting for commonsense.

I agree play. I know this whole FC fiasco has caused me to step back and take a look at myself and my fandom. It makes me wonder, am I reasonable? Am I over the top? How easily could I have been sucked into a scam like that? In my thirst for everything Clay Aiken, would I have been blinded? Quite possibly. I don't really know. But your comment about staying and fighting for commonsense.....well, initially I thought, "yeah, we should have", but then I realized that it's pretty hard to fight when commonsense gets green inked, when you can''t use your voice because someone else has the power to silence you, and when you can get suspended for even trying to justify your position or explain your viewpoint.

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

This picture has singlehandedly turned me into a bonafide perv. Ever since this pouchy proturbence of perfection showed up I've begun checking out other packages - for comparison. Nope, haven't found any pleasing proturbing packages that even come close to giving me the perverted pleasure that this picture provides.

This post brought to you by the letter 'P'.

I know that some fans have a thing against RCA and sometimes don't like Clay's hair or what his jokes or whatever. Fine. They can say it if they really feel that they HAVE TO, but why oh why do so many just beat the hell out of that poor dead horse? That's what's made OFC and other boards so toxic and depressing. Will the 500th repeat of how badly RCA has treated Clay REALLY make a difference in the universe? Does it really ever do anything but throw a pall over a board? I think fan boards should be for the purpose of celebrating; otherwise, what in the hell is the point?

BWAH! I'm sorry but this brought a visual to me - one of Mammy in "Gone With The Wind" going around muttering "It ain't fittin', it jes' ain't fittin'!"

:cryingwlaughter: forgive me! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

On topic.... I uploaded a few of my Williamsport vids to youtube (5 so far)

You can access them

- click on "more from chacha3078" for the others!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

oh goodie - top of the page!! :D

I WISH freedom of speech didn't sometimes mean speaking with a lack of respect for the feelings of others. I always hear "with freedom comes responsibility" ... and i think that's true.
There have been some great posts here today. I have not had time to read them all. I'm kind of tired of the free speech excuse for poor manners and lack of respect.

I'll try to catch up soon. Just wanted to comment on this.

Back again -- I have all kinds of party prep things to do and here I sit!

Anyhow - I saw this posted at another board and haven't seen it here..

Someone has a TATTOO of Clay and it made the ink-that-stinks page. :cryingwlaughter:

Another note on all the hogwash that's been going around the past week.

I just have a feeling that just because we know about it now, doesn't mean it's over.

:hitsfanrs5: on many many levels....

Also - that article I posted a few days ago has made its way around the boards now and that's a good thing. Someone also pointed out that you can access the blog the scammee started and track her revelations and realizations and see how she came to find out she was being scammed. It's a fascinating read! Here's the link again if you didn't see it before.

Life and Death of Jesse James - OK - I just went thru the article and couldn't find the blog link. But if you didn't read the whole thing, please do! Especially since there's a picture of the perpetrator at the end of the article. That gave me chills........

:jaw:

{{{{{{soulsista}}}}}}

Claygasm - oooooooo, love the screencaps! Thanks!

Couchie - stay warm...

underthespell - welcome!! (it's me, mikesmom! we met in West Palm Beach...)

Hi spikesmom ! :F_05BL17blowkiss: It was so nice to meet you in WPB. What a concert it was !!

As far as the latest events go, I am blown away by it all. I think in their thirst to know Clay at all cost, get in his inner circle so to speak, they were sucked in. And now it seems have totally lost track of reality. As mad as I still am that all this had been kept under the rug for so long so it could fester. I am also very sad that people's lives ( HD and HF ) are altered and their families as well.

You know I thought what we went through in 2006 was horrendous but this is from within. sad. very sad.

---

Tonight is concert night in Minneapolis...woo hoo !!! I can't wait to hear reports and pictures. I just love this man. He is a good man. And he also is such a cutie ...I just love his face, he has so many facial expressions.. He is such great eye candy !! :hubbahubba:

I adore his voice, it just moves me .... The OHN where he sings Angela's back up part as well as his part... OMG.... sublime !!

Only smut and sundry electronics so far. No alcohol and no artificial weapons.

Speak for yourself. hee

Well I know if you went back and looked at my posts for the past year (which is impossible since I'm such a post whore) I know there were definitely times when I felt "something" was going on and I said something about it. This common agreement that Clay had left RCA and was moving on to Warner had "elite" in the fandom posters winking and nodding. I don't believe they were involved directly with FC but I believe THEY BELIEVED for a little while and then came to their senses. I also remember telling Ansa that someone that had been very anti RCA had posted a long post that was more conciliatory towards RCA and very reminiscent of everything she had been saying for the past year but she had been told to shut up. The timing really works with what we are now learning. And no I doubt anyone will ever say...that even for a little while..they were happy to be insiders. I just want to move on though..hopefully people have learned to question things that just doesn't sound right..like you know my favorite... AIW was released to bring Clay fans into the stores to buy Daughtery. That is my favorite one of all. Just ridiculous.

We had a lovely afternoon with Zena..she is so funny. I won't give anything away yet because there is one person left with a special gift to receive. I must say that I'm having to work really really hard to get my special eHP designation. Everyone else including Zena seems to get cool ones. But I have a few more days to make my mark. heee And to make matters worse...we went over to Scarlett's..where she is staying with Toni7Babe and Invisible and had a short but lovely time with them. And when I went to use the bathroom..they just all left. Left me in a NOT MY hotel room and was actually at the elevators before they noticed that someone ...that is really hard to miss... wasn't among them. Thank you Toni7babe for pointing out to them that I was being left behind. I'm geting some sort of complex.

But on the other hand, these girls knows their electronics. We're all set up with all our computers and we can just yak away for the next two days while we're here.

They're all sleeping now..but hell it's 3 pm back home in California. I'm not the least bit tired.

OK IF YOU ARE IN MINNEAPLIS.check the thread...we're going to meet up for dinner at the NewsRoom tomorrow at 5 pm before the concert..it's walking distance to Orchestra Hall. The directions and restaurant website is listed in the minneapolis thread.

Hugs to Playbiller and Clayzor and everybody else. I missed out on the worst of times because I just stopped going elsewhere. For a long period after the album was released I only read here. When I tried to read elsewhere I'd make it through half a page before just giving up. I hope things will never be that bad again.

Yay I'm going to see CLAY!

And Claygasm..whatever do you mean?

:F_05BL17blowkiss: FCA

Great posts, y'all!

It's interesting to see how many are denying that they were ever influenced by HD or HF's FC information. While I do think that many never knew precisely why the two were so insistent in their condemnation of RCA, I also believe that the pair's militant tone fanned the flames of hatred toward RCA and drove a lot of more moderate posters out of many major boards. IMHO, their effect on the fandom was much stronger than people want to admit. I also think that there are a few posters who were taken in, who were just as hostile as HD and HF, and who are now taking no responsibility for their role in bullying those with opposing opinions. I don't expect that they ever will.

However, I think these revelations have allowed many, such as myself, to go to some of the major boards and express feelings about what happened with the ATDW release in an environment that is now significantly less hostile than before. Now, at least, people aren't reaming you every time you dare to suggest that RCA isn't evil. And a lot of the moderates are coming back, even if only to share their experiences.

I realize that some of you will never go back without an apology. People were treated badly, and it's not easy to forgive when the worst offenders aren't even admitting what they did. However, I still believe that a good percentage of the fandom has let go of the more intense and extreme versions of the conspiracy theories, and that while most may still be disappointed with RCA's efforts, the vicious mob mentality that once existed has, for the most part, dissolved for now.

I love FCA and this will remain my home board. But I will probably visit the others more often, hoping that lessons have been learned by some. Maybe I'm an optimistic fool, but I'm willing to believe that the majority of fans, while they may not admit to being influenced by HD and HF, may at least be a little more tolerant of more moderate positions than they once were.

DannyMac was just on the radio talking about you and me! I was just getting ready to tell you about him being on the radio and what does he say..."Remember, my mom has someone here who reports back to her about me!"

Bwahahahahaha!

:cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I missed your post this morning...but it was the first thing I read tonight, so now I gotta go ketchup.

some of you will never go back without an apology.

Meh. They could apologize until the cows come home...still not sure I'll ever have a Clay related conversation anywhere but here or with my small group of Clay friends.

Hee. The last time HF came over here lightmyfire told her

I don't believe one single word that you post on any single board.

I never have and I never will.

Best. Post. Ever! :wub:

HD and HF never talked to me about RCA....their story to me was FAR more sordid than that and HF, especially, was getting some kind of weird glee out of thinking she could help poor, sexually abused, depressed, drug popping Clay.

Sick bitch.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I just booked my flight to NYC for Spamalot. Prices dropped tremendously from last night. Round trip, non-stop for $182!!!!

I missed out on the worst of times because I just stopped going elsewhere. For a long period after the album was released I only read here. When I tried to read elsewhere I'd make it through half a page before just giving up. I hope things will never be that bad again.

Yay I'm going to see CLAY!

And Claygasm..whatever do you mean?

:F_05BL17blowkiss: FCA

I think more people think of it as a time to gossip now than to learn things - thus things will never change.

Great posts, y'all!

It's interesting to see how many are denying that they were ever influenced by HD or HF's FC information. While I do think that many never knew precisely why the two were so insistent in their condemnation of RCA, I also believe that the pair's militant tone fanned the flames of hatred toward RCA and drove a lot of more moderate posters out of many major boards. IMHO, their effect on the fandom was much stronger than people want to admit. I also think that there are a few posters who were taken in, who were just as hostile as HD and HF, and who are now taking no responsibility for their role in bullying those with opposing opinions. I don't expect that they ever will.

I realize that some of you will never go back without an apology.

I don't ever expect apologies, especially from the people who were most complicit with working with these people. I don't think more people will be exposed - they are there, but people don't want to admit it.

What is really pissing me off now is people claiming they posted what I did when I damn well remember how so few agreed with me and it was not any of them! Piss me off much? Look, I am not brilliant, I had no idea of what was happening and now one was going to tell me and I could not put 2 and 2 together, but I cannot condone people not following common business logic. I don't see the conspiracy theories dying out until people admit where they came from and people are holding them in a death grip.

Ah...now I've forgotten who the alliteration queen was back there with the letter 'p', but I SO enjoyed reading your post...I LOVE alliteration....In fact, I'd write a pithy post now if I weren't so brain dead from our staff "Rum-a-Round" party this afternoon. :voll: :704: :trink3: :wacko:

But now...I have to make a quick trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy Mr. Muski a spatula.

Don't ask. :cryingwlaughter:

While I am on it -- Couchie had her say about lurkers the other day - I have my say about guests - Yes, everyone can read, but log on and talk back to us, come on, you can do it! Unless you are waiting to be registered - then Never Mind (tm Emily Littella)