#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

I, personally (just me and talking for no one else), have to suppress a giant urge to heave all over my keyboard when I hear/read anything at all about an RCA conspiracy against Clay. RCA housed Elvis, for God's sake!! They will figure Clay out. Anyhow, while I'm not sure that a cover album was the greatest move in the world, maybe with the mess that occurred in 2006, it was the best way to go. It gave him a reasonable income and exposure but not enough to stir the turds.

Clay has had time to regroup and rebuild. I think his next CD will be widely anticipated and terrific.

Hee. The last time HF came over here lightmyfire told her

I don't believe one single word that you post on any single board.

I never have and I never will.

Best. Post. Ever! :wub:

I'm not usually a scripture-quoter, but I can't resist this one ... By their fruits ye shall know them. My personal pick for Best. Post(s). Ever! was occasioned by the inadvertent (?) tag team of lightmyfire and jmh at OFC. Most fearless ever.

I haven't deleted huskerfalcon from getclayaiken yet cuz I'm looking forward to the day she tries to log on and post. *sharpens tongue*

Again, I'm so uninformed -- getclayaiken is a new one to me. WHAZZUP??

AND

ON THE HAIR FRONT .... My vote for best look is centering on the Neil Sedaka Tribute ...

071026_NeilSedakaTribute_IntroSo-4.jpg

285355249.jpg

He looks innocent and sweet with the blond hair and glasses and I love it -- not so innocent with the dark hair. And the darker the badder and better for me! Am I schizing?

060524_AI5_DLTSGDOM_XviD_scarlet-25.jpg

normal_fmai5finale5tagged.jpg

060524_AI5_DLTSGDOM_XviD_scarlet-13.jpg

Yummiest ever -- even Tyra said so!

And maybe my all-time favorite photoshop (who did this??? It's great!) ....

11gr1xu.jpg

Wow, I feel so much better now. Who knew all it would take is dipping my little toe back into AI5 Finale?

OMG! merrieeee!! WATCH OUT!!!

working_with_amateurs.gif

mikeproblems.gif

oops, too late :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't think there is really any group think on the subject of RCA except that Clay can take care of his own business, he is not a helpless victim and there is probably no conspiracy to destroy his career by RCA.

Personally, I don't think Clay has been treated any differently than any other artist at the same stage of his career. I also don't think he would be treated any differently at any other major label. No artist - no matter how huge (down, muski!) - has total creative control unless they own the label.

I see no bad treatment by RCA personally. I see some not great decisions on their part, but that is all part of business. Clive Davis - love him or hate him - has had a very long and very successful career, so on the whole I would say most of the decisions he has made with his artists have been good ones from a financial point of view. Doesn't mean he hasn't made any mistakes, though.

It makes no sense to me that RCA would be out to destroy Clay's career. If they want to get rid of Clay all they have to do is drop him from the label. Why invest any money in someone just to ruin them when you can just fire them?

We do not know what was on that mythical album (which I personally do not believe was an album - just a bunch of recorded songs, probably not even in their final cut form). We do not know what transpired that lead Clive to suggest he do a cover album. None of us were there. I sometimes think much of the anger was not so much because of the covers but because it was not the hot rock album that would propel Clay to the top of the charts and prove to everyone once and for all that he is cool. I often wonder if the album had been filled with similar songs in style, just originals, how people would have reacted. If the album didn't satisfy THEIR expectations and wants for Clay, expectations and wants they just ASSUMED were also Clay's, would they have still cried conspiracy??

Something tells me they would have. Something tells me that if this next album isn't in the style they believe Clay wants they will decry RCA once again - no matter what Clay tells us.

What it boils down to with me is this: Clay is a big boy (down again, muski!). He is smart. he can take care of his own business. IMO, RCA is treating him no better or worse than any other major label would. Clay himself has indicated that he would like to stay with RCA as long as they would have him. That would indicate to me he feels comfortable there.

I tend to take Clay at his word.

WORD, woman! (but not the 'Down, Muski! parts...heh.)

To satisfy DJS, I will state a not fully thought out theory and let you guys develop it, if you so desire.

This summer Clay said one funny thing about RCA. A fan asked him if he would come out iwth a Christian Pop album and his answer was something like RCA would not let him do that. (See, I need to look this stuff up before posting.) We also know taht one song on his album was by Steven Curtis Chapman, a Christian Pop singer.So, it a finished album, or a concept for an album was presented, could it have been a Christian Pop album? Didn't a lot of fans say that the only burned puppy for them would be a Christian Pop album?

Found the reference in Beagle3's recap at the Ch

Julie asked him if he’d be interested in doing a Christian album and he said that he would be, but not right now since that’s not the labels focus.

Now I have to go and research and come back and edit.

A related comment from this summer

I asked if RCA has any control over when he blogs, what he blogs, etc.

A: Why in the world would you ask that question?

A: Because it has come up a couple of times on the board

A: Well, let me put it this way. The world abounds with a lot of conspiracy theories. In actuality, there are very few conspiracies in this world, so no.

I don't think the mythical songs were overtly Christian pop lyrically, but I do think they were in that genre. The guy who originally blogged about the conference and whose song, Compromise, was at one time supposed to be on the album, and who has two other songs listed on Clay's ASCAP page (as performed by Clay Aiken), Try and Dream, is a CCM writer and producer. A lot of folks who showed up at that conference were also in that genre. Jaymes Foster has produced CCM as well. The original news of the conference wasn't received with all that much enthusiasm, partly because a lot of us, including me, thought he was already almost done recording in May 2005. (And he may have already presented some songs at that time that were rejected.) But also because a lot of people weren't happy about the idea of him doing CCM. CCM has a wide range of sounds, so who knows what the songs actually sounded like? I don't doubt that they were good, not at all. And I'm so his bitch, so whatever he records, I'm going to love.

I've said this so often I'm sure some have it memorized, but I think Clive decided (right or wrong) that the songs weren't commercial. (Much as I think he's a fossil and a creep, he does have a good track record overall. Whether he was right this time, who knows?) I think he wanted Clay to go more pop than the originals he submitted. In recent interviews promoting this tour Clay has said

"We're trying to find songs that are musically me," he said. "I love Justin Timberlake and Maroon 5 and a lot of the stuff on the radio. But I'm not Justin Timberlake or Maroon 5, and I'm never going to be as cool as them. If I try to sing something too cool, it doesn't work. It's like your mom trying to use slang words - it just sounds wrong."

and:

He won't be doing any Justin Timberlake-ish songs on his new CD, as past producers have suggested. He says that having him sing that kind of song would be like a parent using a teenager's slang.

Doesn't sound like a guy who was deprived of a rocking pop album to me.

Waves at keepingfaith, who's been posting while I was writing, and lightmyfire. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The crux of the matter for me is that there isn't a record label with a halo, and never has been. There isn't a record label out there that cares more for the music than the corporate realities. There may have been a brief shining moment in the 60's with people such as Ahmet Ertegun when love of the music drove a label's decisions, but that's been gone for a long, long time. Clay was exactly right about the devil you know. And, for all that's said about Clive, good and bad, the bottom line is that he's the main man right now and it's better to be with the top dog than an also ran in this business. Any way I look at this, there's nothing for me to do but listen to the music, and I'm more than fine with that, because I don't have illusions about RCA or Warner or Capital or any of them. Nobody will be riding in on a white horse.

Speaking of labels, in my Google Alert yesterday, one of the items said that Ruben was released by J. Does anyone know if this is true?

BWAH. Go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken. :cryingwlaughter:

From the Psychiatric Book of Christmas Carols:

Schizophrenia - - Do You Hear What I Hear?

Multiple Personality Disorder - - We Three Kings Disoriented Are

Narcissism - - Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

Manic - - Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Street and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and....

Paranoid - - Santa Claus is Coming To Town To Get Me

Borderline Personality Disorder - - Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

Personality Disorder - - You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

Attention Deficit Disorder - - Silent Night, Holy oooh look at the froggy! Can I have some chocolate? Why Is France So Far

Away?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - - Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

Just taking a quick peek and this :cryingwlaughter:

RCA...Totally a dead horse issue to me...I imagine 10 years from now Clay could own the whole shebang and bigger than Elvis and some will be talking about ATDW and what went wrong...I've totally moved on.

Kim

Yeah, I don't think anyone really thinks RCA has done a phenomenal job with his career. However, my feelings are that the label executives aren't quite sure what to do with him, and that everything that occured was more a result of misguided business decisions, and NOT of any personal vendettas.

And while it's possible that another label might be a better fit, it's far from certain. Artists from every label have had disagreements with their company. Even best-selling, legendary artists like Prince, Madonna, and Elton John have complained about promotion. It's not an easy business, and this notion that he'd be superstar if only he wasn't with RCA is really nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation.

FWIW, I tend to doubt that Clay presented RCA with an album of Christian pop songs. None of the songs he previewed in the summer concerts were Christian pop. (Although it is possible, I suppose, that some songs may have had a similar sound to some Christian pop.) I think RCA just didn't feel they could market the material he gave them, and because it might take another year to find an album's worth of new songs, they gave him the option of doing a covers album so he could get something into the marketplace relatively quickly. Given that fans were complaining about how long it was taking, and that a long delay would keep him out of the public eye for a while, I can see why he and the label might have chosen the covers. And perhaps the marketing was in keeping with expectations.

We do not know what was on that mythical album (which I personally do not believe was an album - just a bunch of recorded songs, probably not even in their final cut form). We do not know what transpired that lead Clive to suggest he do a cover album. None of us were there. I sometimes think much of the anger was not so much because of the covers but because it was not the hot rock album that would propel Clay to the top of the charts and prove to everyone once and for all that he is cool. I often wonder if the album had been filled with similar songs in style, just originals, how people would have reacted. If the album didn't satisfy THEIR expectations and wants for Clay, expectations and wants they just ASSUMED were also Clay's, would they have still cried conspiracy??

Something tells me they would have. Something tells me that if this next album isn't in the style they believe Clay wants they will decry RCA once again - no matter what Clay tells us.I

So true, Claygasm.

Sometimes I think that conspiracy theories will never stop unless Clay is a legend at the level of Elvis. (Nah, people would find fault even then). I almost wonder if it's less about the style of music or Clay's personal choices, and more about him achieving a level of popularity that would make fans feel less defensive about their fandom. They want him to be cool so they can be cool. But as he said, repeatedly this summer and at every.single.concert, "I'm not cool!"

RCA...Totally a dead horse issue to me...I imagine 10 years from now Clay could own the whole shebang and bigger than Elvis and some will be talking about ATDW and what went wrong...I've totally moved on.

WORD, to you, too woman! :clap:

Oh, and by the way, all....I put Invisible's incredibly hawt pic of 'blonde' Clay as my desktop here at work and my one co-worker who appreciates Clay's many, er......attributes....came in to look when I said, "Hey LOOK! It's a blonde Clay!"

She looked and said, "Blonde? Hmmm...I'd say that's more of a red with blonde highlights or blondish red....but I'd definitely call that red." Then she kept looking and said, "You know...he looks pretty good like that....handsome."

noshit. :Thud:

Again, I'm so uninformed -- getclayaiken is a new one to me. WHAZZUP??

getclayaiken.com is the old WMS board, newly named (about a year ago).

Short story: it's a Clay board I admin - been around since 2003.

Long story:

WMS was born from an old thread on another board, TTC. The thread came about as a result of a little comical essay our founder and my co-admin, Gwynhwyfyr, wrote after Clay's first shirt tug (and which was subsequently read to Clay on a radio station in Charlotte in August 2003 while they were on the AI2 tour.

not to be taken overly seriously--all in good fun*

Okay, being in a state of hormonal overload lately, I decided to undertake a little research on the important matter of the shirt tug. So I very carefully perused the available video evidence, did my own field research, and pondered it at mind-numbing length (hey, it was tough, but someone had to do it). Here's what I came up with:

There are really three different moves going on here:

1. The Clutch--This one is more like a caress of the torso, causing jersey/shirt to be pushed askew.

2. The Tug--This is probably everyone's fav, involving a moment of deep feeling on the part of Clay which results in him grabbing aforementioned jersey/shirt. There is some pulling of the garment involved, but it is more gentle than . . .

3. The Yank--This is the one that is emerging most these days. This is that aggressive pulling that causes untucking, unbuttoning, and someday, God willing, total annihilation of the garment itself.

One cannot discount the significance of other variables such as:

1. jersey vs. button-down shirt

2. tucked in vs. worn out

3. planned vs. spontaneous

I have also noticed in the course of my research that a number of Clay's public feel that the planned events "lose something" over the earlier spontaneous ones. My conclusions on this phenomenon are as follows:

Clay is no longer our collective boyfriend, ladies. We have consummated the relationship. We have made our oaths and pledges, we have committed ourselves and delivered Clay's platinum record as a gift of devotion. And now, we have taken our relationship to the next level. Clay has become our collective lover and, being clearly skilled in this department, stumbled, quite by accident, on a move that drove his paramours wild. And, being generous, as well as skilled, he has demonstrated an intent to please. Those little planned gestures are all for us, our gift of love from Clay. So, it may never be like the first time, but, hmm, it's working for me.

(It's official, I've sunk to an all-time low on the maturity scale).

Tune in next week for our discussion of Clay: Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?

~Gwyn

200 pages of hilarity ensued, especially when Ramona read the post to Clay and he cracked up! -- we were equally thrilled and mortified at the time - heh! Matt&RamonaInterview - right-click/save if you wanna listen). Eventually TPTB at TTC thought we were too risque... haha, believe me, it was PG-13. So we created our own board called WMS: Weapons of Mass Seduction, which took on a military theme for a bit while we joked about finding his Weapons.

renybc used to be co-admin until we parted ways in oh, maybe sometime late 2004. She went on to do whatever she does. Gwynhwyfyr and I continued on ezboard until approx last year when we moved to Invision and renamed the board to help lose the military schtick and perceived heirarchical nature of the posters (there were commanders and sargeants and all sorts of heirarchical board crap that started to be too much to deal with). The diehards still write WMS-fic using all the "characters" from the old board. They live in a world of make-believe which still thrives amongst them. The rest of the board (a main linear thread and your basic other forums) is your basic fan board. We're pretty easygoing, mostly a humor-oriented bunch.

/more than you ever wanted to know

The crux of the matter for me is that there isn't a record label with a halo, and never has been. There isn't a record label out there that cares more for the music than the corporate realities. There may have been a brief shining moment in the 60's with people such as Ahmet Ertegun when love of the music drove a label's decisions, but that's been gone for a long, long time. Clay was exactly right about the devil you know. And, for all that's said about Clive, good and bad, the bottom line is that he's the main man right now and it's better to be with the top dog than an also ran in this business. Any way I look at this, there's nothing for me to do but listen to the music, and I'm more than fine with that, because I don't have illusions about RCA or Warner or Capital or any of them. Nobody will be riding in on a white horse.

*follows you around* Yes, that. /Pinto

from CV...

KSChristian4Clay wrote:

My friend Carla (Clays Cashew) had a meet & greet last night. She had him sign her cookbook. It's a cookbook we put together on another board but she did the artwork in the dividers (they're drawings of Clay - very cute!). Well, I had to laugh when I read part of her re-cap :

It was so cute when he signed my cookbook. It looked like he was saving it for last, and he did indeed sign it last. He said right there as he was signing it, "I usually sign, "Use your voice" but I'm going to sign it different", and as he was signing, he was speaking what he was writing, "Use Your Stove, Clay Aiken".

God, I love his sense of humor.

Hee, this CMSU. Is there more of that recap available to read?

From the Psychiatric Book of Christmas Carols:

Schizophrenia - - Do You Hear What I Hear?

Multiple Personality Disorder - - We Three Kings Disoriented Are

Narcissism - - Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

Manic - - Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Street and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and....

Paranoid - - Santa Claus is Coming To Town To Get Me

Borderline Personality Disorder - - Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

Personality Disorder - - You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

Attention Deficit Disorder - - Silent Night, Holy oooh look at the froggy! Can I have some chocolate? Why Is France So Far

Away?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - - Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

This is hilarious. Made me :lol: and I needed that today.

Word to Claygasm and Jenna. And really when people like to point out how we think RCA is just wonderful I just worry about the educational system in this country. That has never been a theme here. And really if you truly read what we're saying there is a lot more analytical thinking going on than Clay is being used and absued and purposely set up to fail by a CEO with nothing better to do with his time.

So, the posse went shopping. I kept up with them for a bit and since I hate shopping..I left them and then got lost in the numerous skyways trying to get back to the hotel and barely made it back to the room before them :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Minneapolis peeps..so don't forget we're meeting at the Newsroom at 5 PM... they weren't taking any more reservations (we're so organized LOL) but we'll still go..and I'm sure we'll be able to gather and make merry before the show at 7:30. It's only a few blocks to Orchestra Hall.

I don't know nothing from nothing about the record business, or RCA. I only know that *I* loved (and love) ATDW and every note on it. And it seems to me like every other song I hear on the radio is a cover. While I understand that Clay being an AI product heightened the general public's judgements over him doing covers, I will always believe that at least partial responsiblity for the reception this CD got lies at the feet of the fans who 'helped' him. I will never forgive them for it.

YSRN, thanks for bringing over that classic piece of clack! I've always loved that, and I remember that interview when Clay heard it read to him. It's a great reminder of that more joyful time in the fandom.

Yes, I heard Ruben was dropped. I'm sad for him, but honestly, not shocked. Not only were sales weak, but he's never really been able to break back into the public eye. I wish him well, and hope that he finds a path that brings him satisfaction.

Hi Everyone :squeeze:

I wanted to share my new montage with you all. I have not made one in awhile. I shared a little on another board with a little post and wanted to share here also. Some people had wanted to know where I had been. Here is what I shared but its not written to well because my brain is still a little (lot) not there. Heeeee

I have had a very hard time lately with concentration and was not able to focus to well on making videos. Finally was in the ZONE and could focus to do a montage. My social skills sort of went to poo too and I could not really keep up to well but lately I am doing much better and trying to get back into the flow of posting online with you all. I used not interact with people to much but I got used to it and when I sort of lost my skills to interact, I knew what I had found socializing with all of you and missed it. ALOT. Sort of like you dont know what you are missing until it is gone and once you know what it feels like you want it back. I hope that makes sense

The new montage is to the song: Mr Blue Sky by ELO

The montage is a fast fun ut-beat kind of montage. A guy on YouTube asked if I would do a video to this song. So I made him a Clay montage and he liked it. :yahoo:

I also used the part of the video that Clay took with Scarletts camera. So at the end when I thank Scarlett and everyone else I thanked Clay too. :laught31:

Here is a YouTube link and a Sendspace it you woul like to download it.

Mr Blue Sky - Sendspace

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kathy

Hi, Aspie Girl - have you considered using a 4shared account for sharing your montages? I only suggest that because there are limits to sendspaces. I don't really know which is faster.

Hi Playbiller :affection:

I tried to figure it out once and got stuck. I am sort of a techy airhead. It looks neat though. Maybe I will try it again and see if it works. I think the video would not upload right for me but I was probably not doing it right. :blush:

That was fun, Aspiegirl!! Thanks for the big smile this afternoon. Glad to see you back!!

EEEEEEE. Hi Cindilu :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The only, and I mean ONLY satisfaction I have in being here and not in Minneapolis is that today is such a glorious day!

Houston, Texas

December 20, 2007

2:30 p.m.

Temp: 79°

Dew Point: 44°

Humidity: 29%

Wind: West 14 mph

Visibility: 10.0 miles

Pressure: 29.81 in. -

Sky: Clear

I don't know how KAndre, Perusingone and Solo are handling the cold weather. Those three couldn't tolerate 70 degrees in a hotel room in WBP Florida in August without turning on the heat. I'm not kidding and I still don't understand it. :scream:

Hi Aspiegirl! Great work as always. :clap:

keepingfaith, I'm smiling at your brown-hair-love posts. I, too, love Clay's hair darker. It does something wonderful for his eyes. It's so strange - all my 'crushes' have always been the dark haired/dark complected boys. (I was a Starsky, not a Hutch *g*). And yet I married two different blue-eyed blondes. And something about fair-haired Clay just ignites allllll my girlie parts.

Heheh, I just realized what page we're on, and since we're talking about Blonde!Clay! I remembered the very first thing I ever PSP'd. *g*

Click me

Yeah, I don't think anyone really thinks RCA has done a phenomenal job with his career. However, my feelings are that the label executives aren't quite sure what to do with him, and that everything that occured was more a result of misguided business decisions, and NOT of any personal vendettas.

And while it's possible that another label might be a better fit, it's far from certain. Artists from every label have had disagreements with their company. Even best-selling, legendary artists like Prince, Madonna, and Elton John have complained about promotion. It's not an easy business, and this notion that he'd be superstar if only he wasn't with RCA is really nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation.

FWIW, I tend to doubt that Clay presented RCA with an album of Christian pop songs. None of the songs he previewed in the summer concerts were Christian pop. (Although it is possible, I suppose, that some songs may have had a similar sound to some Christian pop.) I think RCA just didn't feel they could market the material he gave them, and because it might take another year to find an album's worth of new songs, they gave him the option of doing a covers album so he could get something into the marketplace relatively quickly. Given that fans were complaining about how long it was taking, and that a long delay would keep him out of the public eye for a while, I can see why he and the label might have chosen the covers. And perhaps the marketing was in keeping with expectations.

Something tells me they would have. Something tells me that if this next album isn't in the style they believe Clay wants they will decry RCA once again - no matter what Clay tells us.I

So true, Claygasm.

Sometimes I think that conspiracy theories will never stop unless Clay is a legend at the level of Elvis. (Nah, people would find fault even then). I almost wonder if it's less about the style of music or Clay's personal choices, and more about him achieving a level of popularity that would make fans feel less defensive about their fandom. They want him to be cool so they can be cool. But as he said, repeatedly this summer and at every.single.concert, "I'm not cool!"

cindilu2 wrote:

I will always believe that at least partial responsiblity for the reception this CD got lies at the feet of the fans who 'helped' him. I will never forgive them for it.

I will never forgive them either, cindy.

How long has it been since I said that I love the smart women on this board? 10 minutes? A day? Well, no matter, it can't be said enough......keepingfaith, jmh, loved your posts too. Whoever dug up lightmyfire's post to HD, thanks..... :cryingwlaughter: Boy, I remember that like it was yesterday. I loved lightmyfire, for saying that to her.

Just to add to Jenna's thoughts. All the fuss that was made about not being able to find any cds in the stores, just made me want to bitch slap some people. cough*shycon*cough Sorry if any of me smart women here were whiners about that. Hee!! But honestly, think about it for a minute. Jenna's scenario of what happened, has been my feeling from the get go. Clive and RCA knew that the fans would not be happy about the covers cd, more than likely, and they knew it was not going to sell like MOAM did. They calculated how many they thought would, realistically, sell and that is what they pressed. I think they have a pretty good handle on how to determine that. They are not going to press 3 million cds just to have 2 1/2 million sitting on the shelves. You may not find them anymore in Wal-Mart or Target because they are not going to press and ship out anymore. However, you still can order the cd many places. It's supply and demand and no matter how hard some tried to explain this, the poddies just wouldn't hear of good common business sense as Playbiller talked about. The bottom line is what drives business. Not what Clay fans think RCA and Clive should do for Clay's career. But those with the secret "inside info" (wink wink) couldn't be told anything, because they were gullible enough to fall for that conspiracy shit, and when they thought they were working on Clay's orders, they were like minion soldiers marching off to war to do battle with any opposition.

OT: I heard a new song by RobertPlant/Allison Kraus the other day. I love the beat. It has an Elvis feel to me. I can hear him singing this. Especially the baby part. See what you think. This is not a real good video, of their video, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYZhjLrSbUw

ETA: Thought of something else to add.