#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

I'm surely not trying to squelch any conversation, but I personally don't see the good in dredging up all the whys and hows and who's of ATDW and the last year+ again. Why? Who gains? Not Clay. *shrug* After a while it just becomes about sticking our tongues out and blowing raspberries. There is SO much to celebrate right now, and to come. He's BLONDE fer gawds sake. Doesn't that take precedence??? LOLOL!!

And now we have moving Waldo shots. Ahhhhh, the more things change....

:cryingwlaughter:

I'd like to know what all the fuss is about RCA limiting sales when AIW has apparently sold all of 1,200 copies on iTunes so far (if Ken Barnes of USA Today's stats do apply to downloads). They paid for a fricking banner, and Clay blogged, and everything. WTF? Could it be that the "enthusiastic" fans are distracted, or aren't directing that enthusiasm to purchasing $4 albums on iTunes?

I don't know about "all the fuss". But I get all the iTunes alert and never saw AIW unless I went SEARCHING for it. Never saw any banner. Never saw it an any of the New Music Tuesday emails,etc. And, yeah, I could spring for the $4. But, honestly, I bought all the AIW discs I could possibly wrap and give as gifts. Gave gifts to people I don't normally do more than a card for. I had no one left to gift one to. And certainly, noone who would know what to do with a DL gift anyway.

I do think a brick and mortar store rerelease would have been better. Esp, if it had been to more stores - diff. stores from last year.

But I ain't no marketing exec and don't even play one on TV!

I just know where I am with AIW. I'm sorry to hear it's not doing well, but I don't think it was marketed either. Not from my observation, anyway.

Has it ever gotten any radio play? Just curious.

I know MCWL cuts have gotten play, but don't think I've heard any of the stunning AIW cuts on the radio even during the All Christmas All Day runs.

Sad that those beauties were relegated to a kind of back shelf.

Because I think it a perfectly lovely little collection.

Another reason I wish this beautiful CITH Tour had been made a TV special. I think Clay could have sold a slew of MCWL and AIW if it had. And I surely think it has the quality.

But what do I know?

I can't imagine any record company would spend money promoting a limited-run EP (originally released only at WalMart)--that's a year old to boot. I think it's doing amazingly well, all things considered. I also wouldn't expect to hear it on the radio--no matter how great it is. THAT said, I'm with Cindy on this....we have a hell of a lot to celebrate!

Blond and beautiful!!!!!!

:hubbahubba:

Oh, I didn't mean I thought they should spend a bunch of money on a little $4 EP. I was responding - not too clearly I guess - to jmh's post.

I am enthusiastic. But, as I said, I have bought all the AIW I could squeeze outta my pitiful purse. And I don't have any potential recipients who would know what to do with a download gift. A hard copy, I might be able to come up with another one or two. Not downloads, though. I think my 84 yr old aunt would scratch her head in total confusion!

I just think it's too bad that the lovely little treasure is/has been/will be heard by so few.

A spectrum of emotions...

I have been saddened by the mess that has been revealed since the Morristown M&G.

Just simple sadness.

I am happy Clay is heading to Broadway.

Just plain happy.

A new year is fast approaching and my hope is that 2008 brings y'all what

your hearts and souls desire. Y'all are good people.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Happy Holidays

My heart's desire for 2008, lmf? Watching Clay on the Broadway stage will do just fine, for me.

You guys talking about AIW ... I doubt there will be a hard release of the EP because Clay has strongly suggested more than once that he'd like a reissue of MCWL to include the four AIW songs, and to rerecord Silent Night with another arrangement. I think that will happen ... hopefully next Christmas. But at least those four songs are available for download. Albums used to come and go, and by go I mean GO, but it all stays available now. I'm just glad that AIW got a digital release in advance of showing up as part of a reworked MCWL.

Well ... tonight i wasn't hot flashing and sweating buckets ..... so maybe that's the reason .... but ... in any case

Tonight's concert was MAGIC

All the good stuff i said last night ... but tonight i'm remembering that

I'm now in love with Clay's "Welcome to my world"

That for the 2nd night in a row, Clay made "I'll be home for Christmas" a NEW song. For me it was like i hadn't heard that song a hundred times before.

"My grown up Christmas List" was so moving, beautiful, and powerful.

"Don't save it all for Christmas Day" was a crowd pleasing powerhouse.

"All is Well" indeed!! WOW!! I took my friend Angela's words to heart and for this song i closed my eyes and listened, and let Clay's music fill my heart and soul ... my hands were clasped in prayer that he'd hit the last note ... and then i totally opened up my hands and heart and said "it's in God's hands" and let that thought go ......... and the last note was a wondrous thing of beauty!!!

And of course i enjoyed it all thanks to my dear Thankful4Clay!! ... and boy am i thankful for Paulette AND Clay .... and all my Clay friends. Had dinner with a great group of them!!! Thank you for including me ... it was so wonderful to meet you all!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

My heart is still filled with the magic of tonight and yesterday ... the concerts, the friends ... all of it. I'm sad my Clay year is over .... until March and all the other magic nights and days that i hope and pray will happen for me ... and us all!! :hellosanta:

This recap is brought to you by a not-too-sweaty and JOY-FULL Christel

Christel I am so glad you enjoyed the show; can't wait to see this Saturday night in Merrillville...wish you were going to be there...hopefully we will get to meet someday! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

I am just back from the concert. I have hugged Couchie, Scarlett, Solo, Perusing One, K'Andre, From Claygary, Christelklein, and just about everyone who would let me a hundred times goodbye.

I am hoping on the the lyrics Clay sang tonight about "coming all together again, if the fates allow" and hanging that hope on the highest bough of my Christmas tree this year.

The concert was awesome. Today I allowed myself the luxury of binoculars from my fifth row seat; I didn't have the nerve yesterday cuz I was sitting right smack dab behind the Prince's mama, and I didn't want Clay glaring at me if he sang a verse or two to his mom.

To my utmost delight, I had the most charming concert buddy tonight. I think you all know and love her. Yep, Couchie and me got to eeeeeee together, and she hugged me hard when I cried through Welcome to our World.

Clay was especially gorgeous through my glasses, and just tore DSIAFCD up. The crowd loved him a lot.

It was so hard to walk out of Orchestra Hall. I wanted to linger, talk to strangers; for any excuse at all not to leave just yet.

I don't know what is ahead for me in the new year. There are no tickets bought, but still there is so much to look forward to to dwell on that. I am hopeful that the past miracles that have brought me to Clay performances and together with friends; new and old will surprise me again in 2008.

So in the wonderful, warm, and encompassing spirit of Christmas I feel in my heart right now, and before my room mate catches me on her laptop again, I want you all to "have yourselves a merry little Christmas" where ever you are.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

So in the wonderful, warm, and encompassing spirit of Christmas I feel in my heart right now, and before my room mate catches me on her laptop again, I want you all to "have yourselves a merry little Christmas" where ever you arr

That would be a "Merrie" little Christmas thank you very much*g*

zena, you're on a post-concert high! I remember that feeling so well. It's just impossible to be unhappy after hearing the Aiken sing for a couple of hours. And when you go with friends, it's even better!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: right back atcha!

I had to steal that giddyup avi! :cryingwlaughter: Just got home from an evening with my Clay buddy. We went shopping and listened to the DC CITH concert in the car to and from. oh. She was almost crying...I turned that sucker up and let Clay wail and whisper to us and

yes, it was good for us. :hubbahubba::Thud:

Good Morning Everyone,

Sideburns....that is all :hubbahubba:

1 Day until Christmas in Merrillville!

4 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

17 Days until The BAf Golf Outing!

28 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim