#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

I am absolutely loving this new hairstyle. I'm not really picky about what color it is (I supposed because I know it's going to change within a couple of days :cryingwlaughter: ), but I do love well-cut, nicely styled hair. This style is so flattering on him. Looks all growed up. And manly. And hawt. RAWRRRRRR!!!!

So, who will I be meeting tonight in Omaha? I'm going to be leaving home sometime today for the four hour drive, then dinner and the concert? And whatever else may happen? From what I've been reading the last couple of days, y'all sound like a scary wild lovable group! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A big ole MUAH to lightmyfire! My wish for Clay? "Health, happiness, and hope."

Christel, thanks for the great recap! I'm so glad you got to meet up with FCAers, and had a fantastic time with the hawt stud Christmas singer.

Omaha peeps -- have a grand old time tonight!

So in the wonderful, warm, and encompassing spirit of Christmas I feel in my heart right now, and before my room mate catches me on her laptop again, I want you all to "have yourselves a merry little Christmas" where ever you are.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Aw zena, how sweet. You made me cry.

Minn28.jpg

I suppose no one is surprised that this is my favorite picture of the ones posted lately. That smile could light up a thousand Christmas trees.

One more day of work for me today, and then packing tonight. (I doubt if I'll get to listen to the cellcert this evening.) Tomorrow, we leave for Merrillville and Clay!!! Fortunately, it sounds like we'll be driving in rain most of the way. Our trip to Minnesota from there on Sunday though, looks as if it could be interesting. I hope everyone has safe travels.

BTW, I'll be pretty much offline from Sunday morning until next Thursday. I'll miss all you guys fiercely.

Finally -- bottlecap, you might want to avoid this article. It talks about your favorite salad!

nwi.com

Clay It Again

Date posted online: Friday, December 21, 2007

Clay it again

Pop star Aiken bringing his hit Christmas show to Star Plaza stage Saturday for a second year

BY PHILIP POTEMPA ppotempa@nwitimes.com 219.852.4327

CLAY IT AGAIN - - Singer Clay Aiken is returning to the Star Plaza Theatre this weekend to once again perform his popular Christmas show. He will be backed up by a full orchestra when he takes the stage in Merrillville, Ind. on Saturday, Dec. 22.

Singer Clay Aiken isn't worried about any shortage of holiday songs to perform for his Christmas show Saturday at Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville.

He has plenty of his own favorites to pick from to share with fans.

His first Christmas album, "Merry Christmas with Love," came out on Nov. 16, 2004, and immediately was hailed as a new holiday classic.

And that same season in 2004, Aiken hosted his first Christmas television special, "A Clay Aiken Christmas," airing on NBC and featuring him with special celebrity guests Barry Manilow and Meagan Mullally of "Will and Grace" fame.

In fact, when Aiken brought his Christmas concert to the Star Plaza last year, it easily sold out.

Now, for year two, Aiken said he's been trying to think of how he can add some old and new traditions to his stage show.

"My problem is, my family never really had all that many Christmas traditions that stand out in my mind," said Aiken, speaking by telephone in early November from his recording studio near his home in Raleigh, N.C.

"We did most of the usual things, but mostly, it was just a time to get everyone together."

However, one of his favorite family traditions involves food.

In early October, he was in New York appearing on Martha Stewart's daytime show "Martha," helping the kitchen diva whip up his grandma's recipe for "Hot Pineapple Salad."

"I know the recipe sounds weird and even Martha seemed a little worried about making it, but that stuff is so good," Aiken gushed.

"I think even she (Martha) was surprised. I love that recipe. We always have it for the holidays and family get-togethers."

Even though Thanksgiving was still days away at the time of The Times' interview with Aiken, he was already busy rehearsing Christmas songs with his background singers to prepare for his holiday tour.

"I'm embarrassed to say I'm really the only one who needs any rehearsing," said Aiken, punctuating his answers with a nervous giggle.

"The singers already know all of these songs, and I'm the one that needs to get them down."

When Aiken is center stage on Saturday, surrounded by singers, poinsettias and Christmas trees, he says his mind will forget everything, including his favorite foods, and focus on his music.

"We'll do a nice mix of some old-fashioned Christmas favorite songs and also some spiritual Christmas hymns, which are always at the top of the list for requests," he said.

"We want to get everyone into the spirit of the season and get them singing right along."

As for Aiken's own holiday list of things to do, like Christmas shopping and sending out his Christmas cards to all his friends old and new, including those from his "American Idol Days," Aiken said his being on tour during December gives him an excuse to be a little late sending out his cards while "on the road."

And when it comes to holiday shopping, the timing of his tour actually gives him an advantage.

"When I'm traveling from city to city, I get to visit some of the best places all over the country for shopping," Aiken said.

"I'll have all my gifts bought in plenty of time."

Clay Aiken's Grandma's Hot Pineapple Salad

1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits with juice

1 cup sugar

6 tablespoons self-rising flour

2 cups grated medium-sharp cheddar cheese

1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

* In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, sugar, flour and cheese.

* Transfer salad to an 8-by-8-inch, 1-1/2-quart baking dish.

* Top with crushed crackers and drizzle with melted butter.

* Bake for 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Serves 8 to 10

UNICEF Fieldnotes, In the Field: Packing my Bags for Mexico

[in the Field] Packing my bags for Mexico

UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken will be visiting UNICEF projects for children affected by the recent floods in Mexico and blogging about his experience. Here's his first post in advance of the trip.

As I prepare for my trip to Mexico, I'd like to encourage everyone to help the children and families in need. I could receive no greater gift this holiday season than your support of UNICEF and the children of Mexico.

We've been so successful helping kids in the past—thank you.

Following several days of torrential rains, including the passage of Tropical Storm Noel, 80% of the state of Tabasco was left underwater. Approximately 70% of the schools were damaged and 100% of the state crops were destroyed.

Let's aim high and raise $100,000 before the end of the year to support UNICEF's work in Mexico. Join me in our campaign to make a difference this holiday season--for the kids in Mexico.

If you donate $50 before the end of the year UNICEF will email you my holiday photo album of my trip to Mexico.

Donate $1,000 or more and I will sign my holiday photo album of my trip to Mexico and mail it directly to you!

UNICEF doesn't take a vacation. No matter what time of year it is, there are UNICEF staff in the field working hard to save children's lives. That's why I called my friends at UNICEF to tell them that this year I wasn't going to take a vacation either.

Thank you for your continued support of UNICEF.

Damn him, I'm way too easy. But I don't have a grand to donate. I can squeeze $50 out of my budget though. And I knew if I waited, there'd be a special offer. He knows how to get at least a few of us to donate. Little s***.

Hee, $50 is a little over budget for me this year, but I did manage to send a little bit Unicef's way. I can't say no to him, and I think it's important that he continue to be a good money maker for Unicef.

I can't believe that Merrillville is almost here! Roads look wet but ok for tomorrow's drive. Sunday's drive home could get a little iffy if the temperatures decide to drop earlier in the day than expected, but heck, as long as I get there, I'm not too worried about getting home. We can take our time and be safe.

Attention all Canadians!

From the CH:

Heads up Canadians!

According to Zap2It, Holiday Celebration on Ice will air on December 24th at 9:00 p.m. on TSN. It repeats at 11:30 a.m. on Dec. 25th as well. The show then airs on NBC at 3:00 p.m.

It could be the 2006 version but it's listed together with the Dec. 25th NBC 3:00 p.m. version..........

ETA that is looks like it's 9:00 p.m. PST/10:00 MST/11:00 CST and midnight EST.

For those who wonder what Clay might do to publicize Spamalot, I have the view on and right now they have the Lion Kink people on. Last week, they had the Mary Poppins people on. I guess daytime TV are being the Ed Sullivan of today, in the worst possible way.

I just watched Scarlett and Solo's DSIFCD and AIW from last night.

I am so very much in awe. Clay is so very beautiful....and incredibly handsome now. The hairstyle is HIM, in my opinion, and it suits him. He looks mature and manly and confident and so TOGETHER. I love the bangs, yet they do make him seem so much younger.

I LOVE this grownup, MANLY man. I LOVE this grown up guy. I cannot imagine anyone not seeing the MAN in THIS man. I'm thinking of Pauler's comment during the AI competition. At one point she said that his skill or talent at performing was catching up with his amazing voice. (or words to that effect) Watching those video clips I was thinking that his physical appearance and presence is catching up to the maturity and complexity of that amazing voice, too.

Interesting. I'd asked one of my coworkers with a techie talent to come to help me with a computer glitch. Now remember that everyone here knows of my obses admiration of Clay. This is a relatively new guy in the office---a young man in his twenties. When he sat in my chair there was Clay as my desktop background---in all his PRESENT incarnation (a pic from the first Minneapolis concert---Invisible's)----and he said, "Who's that?" "That's Clay, of course."

"THAT's Clay? He looks really different."

I bit off the words dangling on my tongue because I knew why he said that. He's a 'normal' person--someone who recognizes the name Clay Aiken because of that AI show years ago, and in his mind he sees that guy---the "Always and Forever" guy, the "Bridge Over Troubled Water" guy. The totally grownup man on my computer monitor just does.not.compute. with any association he has with the name. I really do think many, many 'normal' people out there share this outdated opinion of Clay---that awkward looking kid with the big voice.

He is such a MAN now. :hubbahubba:

A spectrum of emotions...

I have been saddened by the mess that has been revealed since the Morristown M&G.

Just simple sadness.

I am happy Clay is heading to Broadway.

Just plain happy.

A new year is fast approaching and my hope is that 2008 brings y'all what

your hearts and souls desire. Y'all are good people.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Happy Holidays

Same to you my friend. :thbighug-1:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, and that the New Year will a healthy and prosperous one for all. Especially for the Claymeister. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just watched Scarlett and Solo's DSIFCD and AIW from last night.

I am so very much in awe. Clay is so very beautiful....and incredibly handsome now. The hairstyle is HIM, in my opinion, and it suits him. He looks mature and manly and confident and so TOGETHER. I love the bangs, yet they do make him seem so much younger.

He is such a MAN now. :hubbahubba:

muski... I agree that this hairstyle is PERFECT for him and he looks sooo handsome. Crossing my fingers that it lasts more than 5 minutes or 5 days for evern 5 weeks. :cryingwlaughter:

Did ya'll read about the M&G recap (it's good, so don't grimace). At the end, Clay said, "That's all and you all smelled so nice." :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: The man is sooo quick and funny and he so knows all about us. :cryingwlaughter:

Muskifest :F_05BL17blowkiss: my feelings too!!

I'm still on last night's concert's high ... killing time in my ex-hotel's lounge hoping to fly out at 9:00 p.m. tonight.

Oh My when i see all those lovely pix and stuff ... i NEED my computer hooked up to the internet again (even if i can't burn a darn thing).

I repeat ... i'm so glad i got to meet or remeet so many wonderful FCA people at dinner last night!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hi All,

Back from a long day of wrapping, but a profitable one.

I absolutely love the way Clay looks now, hair...sideburns...he is just too beautiful! Can't wait to see him tomorrow in Merrillville!

Kim

sort of quiet with so many members at the concert, so I thought I might try and post a few seasonally appropriate emoticons since I don't take pictures of Clay.

fete057.giffete076.gif

fete075.gif

fete069.gif

The problem is, when I klnow I will take the worst picture ever, I just don't want to compete, so I steal others. And I am never sure of the proper ettiquette of bringing over someone else's pictures, do you have to get written permission?

Oh, yeah, and this one xmas_17.gif

Those are cute Playbiller; I love the little "Charlie Brown" tree.

ETA: I just realized I am no longer a Body Guard, I am now a Personal Manager...does that mean I get to tell Clay how to manager his career (just kidding!, LOL!)

Kim

does that mean I get to tell Clay how to manager his career (just kidding!, LOL!)

Oh honey, when I was a Personal Manager, it was all about managing that PERSON of his! (ifyaknowwhati'mtalkingaboutandithinkyoudo) :hubbahubba:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I do!

Kim

Play... as far as I know, you just save the desired photo to your photobucket account, then post it with credit to who took it if it is not already tagged.

Question: JNT05.... there was a montage made of Clay singing Star of Bethlehem to his Poppa. It started with him reading out of LTS. It was excellent, but I cannot find it on CU. Obviously, I'm not looking in the right place. Anyone know where it is hidden or can post a link? Thanks!!! I want it! LOL

Question: JNT05.... there was a montage made of Clay singing Star of Bethlehem to his Poppa. It started with him reading out of LTS. It was excellent, but I cannot find it on CU. Obviously, I'm not looking in the right place. Anyone know where it is hidden or can post a link? Thanks!!! I want it! LOL

Do you have access to the Clayversity vault? If so, it's there under "Montages_tributes/General_Montages/hosaa". It's called "Papa's Beautiful Star". I don't see it under hosaa's folder at CU.

Do you have access to the Clayversity vault? If so, it's there under "Montages_tributes/General_Montages/hosaa". It's called "Papa's Beautiful Star". I don't see it under hosaa's folder at CU.

Bottle... I am a member, but don't have access to the vault. I know I have it saved somewhere, so I'll just have to dig out my cds and start looking. Thanks!