#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

New Thread title poll...

I left out two thread title suggestions...I know we all feel the sentiment, but its christmas...time for peace and goodwill...hee

who knows how we will feel by the next thread... :lilredani:

Voted in the poll!

I am going to be in Row H, seat 104A if anyone would like to look me up!

Time to get off my butt and get some stuff down around here!

Kim

Good morning! And thanks for the birthday wishes!! What a nice surprise!!

Just waiting for my sis to get here so we can head off to Merrillville! This will be one of my bestest birthdays ever!!! Looking forward to meeting some FCAers after the show!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

OMG what a long freakin' day..well longer for Solo and Perusingone and KAndre since I slept most of the way from Minneapolis to Omaha.

I take back what I said about Damien..EVIL thing--- couldn't find the hotel ..just drove us to a dark place and that was that. We seriously could not find our hotel. So Perusingone pulled out her phone and start using the internet..but that was slow and I wondered if anybody just used plain old 411 anymore. I whipped out my cell phone and called 411... called the hotel and almost laughed out loud because a nice young man named CLAYTON answered the phone and guided us to our destination.

First things first...

We weren't too late for the pre concert dinner. Thanks Jamar for making reservations. LOL. Jamar and Bookwhore..two more gorgeous FCAers. I enjoyed seeing Jamar and meeting Bookwhore. I wish I had more time to spend with them but poor Perusingone ...we think she and Scarlett got food poisoning from something they ate last night so we didn't go for drinks after the show. I got to see the lovely Gibby again and her husband was a doll. And I did get to at least meet PuddinsJoy and Meesa in the Hall. Meesa was still on top of the world after her meet and greet

So thanks to Scarlett I got to sit third row, dead center. Very nice view. I have to admit I got a little distracted by the front row at one point. All I can say is that if I were Hockeydonna or Huskerfalcon and i really wanted to see Clay that bad, I would slink in after the lights went down and disappear before he sang his last note. I really don't feel sad for them ..I'm kinda angry. There are so many crazy ass rumours out there about Clay and we have them to thank for some of them if not most First I found their delusions hysterical but now I'm just mad. At what point will they light come on for them. I mean, you boyfriend is on stage and you have to buy front row seats? Oh wait, I forgot, Clay is broke from buying all his songs he wrote for his album that was never released. I'm sure half of this stuff out there is just the telephone game and that makes it all the worse. Sitting two rows behind her though... I just saw a poor pathetic shell of her former self and I hope she gets help STAT. I hope the same for everyone who finds themselves caught up in this whole thing. And I really think the fandom needs to stop treating them and the Gus' of the world like celebrities. Shunning is what they deserve. That may be mean but it's what I believe.

It's hard to be harsh at Christmas but I certainly agree with your post.

This is all about the so -called believers accepting responsibily and looking at the proof that's out there and letting the light come on and than maybe they can snap out of it. Everyone that knows them have tried to reason with them in a kind way. If all the Jessie expose` is true, than they must know that the rest of it is lies. If Clay doesn't have that relationship with Jessie, Hell, he doesn't even know her, than all of the HD and HF stuff is lies. Jessie is at the center of it all but she's not FC but I think she knows who the perpetrators are. Playtime is over.

I think if we pretend that somehow the things they've done are understandable; that they are just OTT fans, than we are enablers. The bottom line is they have said all sorts of terrible things about Clay; things I don't even want to repeat all in the need to be his savior and be connected to him no matter what. I want the scammers exposed. If that happens, maybe these poor women can try to get their families and their lives back, maybe Clay can get his reputation back and maybe no one else will have to live through this shame.

ETA- One other thing I wanted to say is this-- If those involved wanted to know the truth if they were open to the truth, they could set up a little stingy thing and find out the truth in a hour at the most. They don't want to know.

Bottlecap... LOVED your tongue picture essay. I think you are absolutely right... he was speaking to you in tongues/code!!! BWAH! I'll support your delusions on that entirely!

Merryclay... I hope they come to their senses, too. Not sure they will be any more exposed than they already are. My bet is that what with Spamalot coming up, Clay would not want any of this crap out in the media at this time. I guess we'll see. Whatever is in Clay's best interest is what I want to have happen. I don't want him to have to make any more lemonade, dang it! We've had enough to fill Lake Erie!

Spikesmom... HAPPY BIRTHDAY and enjoy your date with Clay!

It's hard to be harsh at Christmas but I certainly agree with your post.

This is all about the so -called believers accepting responsibily and looking at the proof that's out there and letting the light come on and than maybe they can snap out of it. Everyone that knows them have tried to reason with them in a kind way. If all the Jessie expose` is true, than they must know that the rest of it is lies. If Clay doesn't have that relationship with Jessie, Hell, he doesn't even know her, than all of the HD and HF stuff is lies. Jessie is at the center of it all but she's not FC but I think she knows who the perpetrators are. Playtime is over.

I think if we pretend that somehow the things they've done are understandable; that they are just OTT fans, than we are enablers. The bottom line is they have said all sorts of terrible things about Clay; things I don't even want to repeat all in the need to be his savior and be connected to him no matter what. I want the scammers exposed. If that happens, maybe these poor women can try to get their families and their lives back, maybe Clay can get his reputation back and maybe no one else will have to live through this shame.

ETA- One other thing I wanted to say is this-- If those involved wanted to know the truth if they were open to the truth, they could set up a little stingy thing and find out the truth in a hour at the most. They don't want to know.

Perhaps I should cut the crazies some slack because it's Christmas but I can't. These people need help. Someone in their real life needs to get them in a small room and slap the shit out of them until they open their eyes and realize how seriously fucked up they are. QM mentioned on CV that they need to want help before it will work....I agree with that to a point but I still think their families need to be told what the hell they've done and what they continue to do.

Let's get real....she texts "Clay" at the end of the concert to find out why he didn't sing the encore...she has not learned anything from this mess. Banning them from the boards made no difference in their delusions.

I don't pity them but I do pity their families. It has to spill over into their real lives. I wonder what HD's little girl thinks about mommy disappearing from her life?

AMEN to Liney 23 for posting this this--

Merryclay... I hope they come to their senses, too. Not sure they will be any more exposed than they already are. My bet is that what with Spamalot coming up, Clay would not want any of this crap out in the media at this time. I guess we'll see. Whatever is in Clay's best interest is what I want to have happen. I don't want him to have to make any more lemonade, dang it! We've had enough to fill Lake Erie!

I just watched MCWL from last night by Toni7babe. Have you guys seen it? He's shaking his head at someone and he has a very serious look in his eyes.

ETA- Was it last night or the night before. I'm confused with the two Minn.

Just wanted to let everyone know that FromClaygary made it into Chicago last night; she is staying with a friend of mine from CV, Momo3boys...haven't heard from them, but talked to Momo's hubby and they are out and about. Just waiting for someone to call me and let me know when I should be ready to go...

Kim

Safe travels to all our wanderers.

I just saw a poor pathetic shell of her former self and I hope she gets help STAT. I hope the same for everyone who finds themselves caught up in this whole thing. And I really think the fandom needs to stop treating them and the Gus' of the world like celebrities. Shunning is what they deserve. That may be mean but it's what I believe.

I claim neither the expertise or the information to do the analysis of what goes on in someone else's head. I am not always sure what is going on in mine, especially when doctors adjust or change my medication. Even blood pressure medication can make you a little woozy and confused if the dosage is too high (that is my excuse and I am sticking with it!!!). The only thing I have to say about people accepting absurd information is that people will always accept a lie if it is what they want to hear and will reject the truth if it is not.

While there is little we can do to help these people, I would like to see the damage to the fandom healed and not just blame assigned. What damage? Well the lies exposed and expunged and diverse opinions not be shouted down by in the know people. I felt have seen way too much information being spread in back channels without question and appear on the boards with wink wink, just accept it. The lies were not only about Clay's personality, the lies include people posting under aliases to push agendas (not alias to escape from stalkers or for other personal reasons). We will never be rid of inside information nor would many b e happy about losing sources and we will never be rid of agendas, but a goal is to recognize them for what they are. For example - I have inside information on my family, but if you talk to my sister, you would think we were raised by two different people. inside information is frequently only one side of a complex issue.

I would like fun and trust and the ability to disagree without becoming the enemy to be accepted again.

The last 2 years has had an effect on me, it has cost me respect for some people, it has made me wary of many others and it made me gain respect for many others that I disagreed with because of their gracious way of handling our disagreement. I admit to being a little bitter and over the cult of the super fan, where one person's word takes so much weight over another and saddened by seeing people leave the fandom over the unhappiness which seemed to permeate so many boards. I let bitterness invade my personal fandom and I am trying to work on a serious attitude adjustment - yes, I am building that bridge and trying to get over it.

I would like fun and trust and the ability to disagree without becoming the enemy to be accepted again.

The last 2 years has had an effect on me, it has cost me respect for some people, it has made me wary of many others and it made me gain respect for many others that I disagreed with because of their gracious way of handling our disagreement. I admit to being a little bitter and over the cult of the super fan, where one person's word takes so much weight over another and saddened by seeing people leave the fandom over the unhappiness which seemed to permeate so many boards. I let bitterness invade my personal fandom and I am trying to work on a serious attitude adjustment - yes, I am building that bridge and trying to get over it.

I'm a little down and frustrated today but not sure why. How do we allow legitimate discussion on our fan boards in order to accept diverse and opposing opinions, while not allowing those with agendas to take over? As someone who is fairly liberal in views though conservative in my own lifestyle, if another person says to me, "but what if Clay is gay", I think I may throw something. Let me assure you, I used to view most saying that as trying to reason through their thoughts. Now I see agenda with great big red flags. It upsets me a little to have such an instant reaction but I can't turn the clock back. Maybe tomorrow and in the days to come, I'll have less of an emotional reaction.

I think not questioning how Clay defines himself is standard on most boards, but now is more violated by the practice of reading between the lines.

I would define someone as an agenda if they post the same thing three or more times in the same day. Seriously, some people look like they just copy and post the same thing over and over and never vary it by any responses, never take anoyone else's thoughts into consideration when replying. I may agree or disagree with you,. but I will answer you by responding to your questions and not just try and shout you down. My question to such a person is - where is your source, you don't have a source, than it is an opinion and once is enough for an opinion.

a nice young man named CLAYTON answered the phone and guided us to our destination.

Ah, couchie....so true. Our destination is this

---a network of 'unlikely' friends built with blinders on against outwardly filters of 'real life', a renewed sense that the nice guy can finish first (even if he came in second!), fun and a rebirth of naughtiness and the freedom to express it, lots of laughter and silliness that transcends age groups, real soul-searing joy from a voice unparalleled, self revelations that have led many to self improvement, and a tingling excitement--for some the first they've felt in years---over what's next.

For me, these things all came about because of a nice young man named Clayton who has guided me to them.

. I hope the same for everyone who finds themselves caught up in this whole thing. And I really think the fandom needs to stop treating them and the Gus' of the world like celebrities. Shunning is what they deserve. That may be mean but it's what I believe.

OH GOD, I've been working hard at being a better more forgiving bitch person, and Couchie STILL is so much nicer.

SHT!!! SHUNNING?????? I was thinking along the lines of tarring and feathering. Kicking ass bigtime.

I can see I have a long way to go on this issue.

I just love all the pictures from the last few nights. His hair is gorgeous. I can not believe how long it looked last night. Also I love the color. My Mom is funny, she loves the dark hair and bangs. I promised to bring a picture to her how it has looked the last few nights.

About the triple group in the first row last night. My only hope is that they wake up and face reality. How anyone can believe some of that vial stuff is beyond me. I do not know how they can live with the thought that they spread so inaccurate information.

I hope everyone has a great time tonight. I wish I could of gone. It would of been only about a 5 hour drive, but my husband would not get it. He thinks that seeing someone once is enough. I guess I should be glad that I had Kalamzoo, that night was magical. I will probably never have those great seats again.

a nice young man named CLAYTON answered the phone and guided us to our destination.

Ah, couchie....so true. Our destination is this

---a network of 'unlikely' friends built with blinders on against outwardly filters of 'real life', a renewed sense that the nice guy can finish first (even if he came in second!), fun and a rebirth of naughtiness and the freedom to express it, lots of laughter and silliness that transcends age groups, real soul-searing joy from a voice unparalleled, self revelations that have led many to self improvement, and a tingling excitement--for some the first they've felt in years---over what's next.

For me, these things all came about because of a nice young man named Clayton who has guided me to them.

I ADORED this post, muski. A big fat WORD! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

como_perry.jpg

AAACCCKKKK!!!! :fca:

:mockery-046: To pb.

Perry Como's nephew was my homeroom teacher in 11th grade.....

. I hope the same for everyone who finds themselves caught up in this whole thing. And I really think the fandom needs to stop treating them and the Gus' of the world like celebrities. Shunning is what they deserve. That may be mean but it's what I believe.

Can someone tell me, is the Gus that is mentioned here, the man that sang to Clay at one of the NAT concerts? If it is, I am getting more and more depressed. How on earth have all of these seemingly intelligent people, allowed themselves to be so deceived.

Whew, that was one long trip! Mr. Gibby and I just got back from Omaha. I LURVED seeing the concert again! Hubby and I sat in row B, right in the center. The Orpheum is a beautiful, ornate theatre, and the symphony and the acoustics were wonderful. And, of course, Clay sang magnificently! I enjoyed it so much.

Hubby went out at intermission and came back with a beautimous Clay poster to surprise me! Aw, he's a keeper!

The only problem was that I was busted by the security guards twice for taking video. Ah, well, I got a tiny bit of clack, anyway, and just enjoyed taking in the show the rest of the time. I just watched Scarlett's video, and wow, it's excellent! No matter how good the audio is, though, it just doesn't measure up to being surrounded by the gorgeous sound in the theatre with the man singing right in front of you. But it is so wonderful to have the video and audio as a keepsake and reminder of the concert, so thank you for perservering and getting the video, Scarlett!

I enjoyed seeing jamar, BW and Couchie again, and it was great to meet a few members of the eHP! K'Andre, you pull off that bling better than anyone, anywhere! We got to the restaurant kind of late due to our long drive, so didn't really get to talk to people very much, but it was still fun putting names and faces together.

And now, I have to run off to my own rehearsal. Thank goodness that Christmas only comes once a year. I'll be done with all of these performances soon, and I'm ready!

I hope that everyone going to the last concert has a blast!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! We are in Merrillville and getting dressed for dinner. See everyone at the venue/Uno's!

EEEEEEEEEE!!!! It's real, isn't it? Hubby and I are here too, just chilling in our room. I've seen more than a few Clay fans here in the lobby. Helps when you're wearing your JNT 2005 long sleeved T-shirt (which got more than a few comments of "I wanted that one so badly.") We've got about an hour or so before dinner, though.

Just checked the weather channel, though, and I'm hoping couchie and the eHP are having safe travels. It looks as if Iowa is getting hit hard with snow now. Our travel was fine, though. Still worried about tomorrow, though...

Hopefully, we'll get to check in tonight after the show!